• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

LovingSteam said:
HOPEFULLY that won't be the weekend deal... especially after last week with TF2.

TF2 actually had sense to it considering it was limited to only the weekend, but this is going on until the 7th, so it'd be kinda strange...

Garryk

I bought TMNT on XBLA as soon as I saw it. It was way harder than I remember. Of course back when I was playing it at Showbiz Pizza (now Chuck E Cheese's) I had to use tokens so I was probably more careful with my health bar due to limited fundage.

Acidote

Action Jackson said:
Now they have lost it completely. 60€ for a PC game, sorry but I hope Prototype bombs hard. Activision is really the new EA of old.

Don't worry, it will most probably be cheaper on retail.

egmfan89

Flock, Both Freedom Force Games ($6.74!), every mumbo jumbo game, every unreal game, trials 2/monster truck nitro, and assassin's creed/splinter cell/splinter cell double agent are all on sale this weekend.

Great weekend to be on steam, and I highly suggest everyone check out if Freedom Force if you haven't already, and demos for both FF games are now on steam as well.

I can definitely recommend Luxor 2 at £1/$1, its very similar in style to Zuma but has its own set of quirks and mechanics, supports 1080p as well so it looks rather nice as well. Great little time waster to have in your account.

Saerk

brain_stew said:
I can definitely recommend Luxor 2 at £1/$1, its very similar in style to Zuma but has its own set of quirks and mechanics, supports 1080p as well so it looks rather nice as well. Great little time waster to have in your account.

Game doesn't work with Windows 7 FYI. Though there probably is a way to fool the game into thinking you are using XP or Vista.

*Just tried it. You can run steam in vista compatibility mode (properties of an exe file in windows 7) and it will work.

Mrbob said:
OMG.

7 bucks for both games?

Amazing. I love the Third Reich.

Considered this purchased.

WTF...did 5 weekend deals just pop up at the same time? :lol

Ok Mrbob, I just picked up Freedom Force pack due to your reaction. Please don't disappoint me lol

brain_stew said:

Jesus, how can I pass it up for a buck? Thanks, I probably wouldn't have spotted that.

fucking hell and i thought i picked up assasins creed for cheap at 17.99 last week. ok, but i will still buy mirror's edge and whatever weekend deals they have to make up for it.

Neckbeard69

Neo Member
Freedom Force: Instabuy.

My favourite PC-game by a mile.

In a perfect world this would have been released as episodic content on XBLA and PS-Store. :D

epmode

legend166 said:
The Freedom Force demo doesn't seem to work in Vista. What can I type in launch options to get it to run in XP mode?
Knee-jerk reaction:

This is why I'm hesitant about old games on Steam. GOG would make sure this stuff works in Vista before releasing it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Okay, so I bought the Freedom Force Pack and Yousmin! and it looks like Steam gave me for some reason Alien Shooter 2 Reloaded for free.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
legend166 said:

Anyone?

Apparantly the out of the box version (which I assume the demo is based off of) doesn't work in vista or even XP SP2. Patch 1.3 supposedly fixes this.

legend166

Sinatar said:
Apparantly the out of the box version (which I assume the demo is based off of) doesn't work in vista or even XP SP2. Patch 1.3 supposedly fixes this.

Well that sucks. How am I supposed to know if I want to buy it D:

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Sinatar said:

The demo does work in Windows XP SP2, i know because i was able to play the demo that way. No idea about Vista.

yanhero

I'm on Windows 7 and the demo doesn't seem to work for me. Apparently I need to get the full game + 1.3 patch for it to work.

Slavik81

yanhero said:
I hate strategy games (I hate srpgs too) and I love rpgs, will I like Freedom Force?
Hard to say. I like both strategy games and rpgs, but didn't like the game when it was originally released.

On the other hand, I've never met anyone else who didn't like it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
yanhero said:
I'm on Windows 7 and the demo doesn't seem to work for me. Apparently I need to get the full game + 1.3 patch for it to work.

Did you like the Infinity Engine RPG's (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale etc...) because the combat is very similar to those games. Real time pausable combat.

epmode

Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku! said:
I grabbed UT 3 because I loved 2004 and haven't ever played it. I've heard it isn't as good though. I expect to be disappointed :$.
The people who say it isn't as good are insane. Especially after the recent content patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom