• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kle89

Neo Member
im thinking about picking up l4d..worth the 40 bucks?
my current cycle of fps is kz2 & tf2, im thinking about getting something coop.

Oreoleo

kle89 said:
im thinking about picking up l4d..worth the 40 bucks?

At this point, not even close. Save your money, wait a couple months and buy L4D2 for a couple bucks more. L4D had a $45 pre-sale on Steam and I expect the same treatment for L4D2.

Edit: Your money would be much better spent on TF2 if you don't already have it ;)

dLMN8R said:
Tripwire's amazing Red Orchestra support once again makes me happy to think of what they'll do in the future with Killing Floor - a game more popular than Red Orchestra may have ever been :D

I should probably get it. One of my neighbors worked on the game, and he seems like a pretty cool guy. The game sounds interesting.

Zzoram

vertopci said:
Call of Cthulu is now under the new releases section on Steam @ $11.19. Although, clicking it leads you nowhere :lol

Morrowind is Elder Scrolls 3...

:lol

I know, I just mean in the future. It was an "I only buy Steam now" statement.

Odyssey

Banned
Costanza said:
meh

i'd highly recommend the guild wars trilogy @ $40 for anyone who doesn't own it, though.
I want this, but it doesn't include Eye of the North nor is Eye of the North on steam at all.

Tim-E

Oblivion(Deluxe and GOTY Edition), Morrowind (GOTY Edition), and Call of Cthulhu are up now for 20% off. Oblivion for $16? Hell yes.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Odd. Both the Morrowind + Oblivion and the Morrowind + Oblivion + Oblivion DLC packs cost the same.

Oreoleo

Good lord, I'm about halfway through the 360 Oblivion, but having the Deluxe edition for $20 is huge, huge temptation.

Steam strikes again :(

Edit: Morrowind + Oblivion deluxe for $25 is even worse D:

morningbus

eznark said:
how much?

25.19 for both. Which is an awesome value as the Oblivion deluxe pack (which includes the dlc) is $20.00.

You're getting Morrowind for 5 dollars with the other pack.

morningbus

Damn you Steam! I've been wanting Oblivion for a while now (especially after playing through Fallout 3 (yes, I know the games are different. Let's not open that can of worms)).

In for the Deluxe pack.

DangerStepp

I'd definitely bite on Oblivion had I not spent nearly 200 hours on the 360 version. I hold that game in my highest regards (for what it's worth).

Can anyone give me the lowdown on Call of Cthulhu? I've always heard about it but never researched much into it.

epmode

Morrowind's world is generally much more interesting than Oblivion's. Very alien and strange. And then there's the goddamn cliff racers.

JoeMartin

It's Oblivion on hardcore mode. I found it to have a much darker/lonely atmosphere, but a much larger world to be explored - because it physically is much larger but also in part because there's no quick travel. All in all a more interesting, rewarding experience than Oblivion. The world feels much richer and you get the sense that there's actually stuff to explore (and the danger that comes along with it thanks to preset enemy levels)

Also, FUCK CLIFFRACERS RRAAAGGHH.

Doytch

I felt the combat system in MW was impenetrable. I have no problems with dice rolls and randomized elements in combat, since I do enjoy the Forgotten Realms quite a bit. But I really couldn't get into MW at all. The horrible 3D models probably played into it a bit also; it hasn't aged well.

If mods work in Oblivion, I'll end up getting the Deluxe version of that, and won't bother with MW for $5. I don't think I'd play it for more than 5mins.

Flib said:
Why the hell doesn't the obilivion deluxe pack come with shivering isles?

Huh?

About the Game

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition presents one of the best RPGs of all time like never before. Step inside the most richly detailed and vibrant game-world ever created. With a powerful combination of freeform gameplay and unprecedented graphics, you can unravel the main quest at your own pace or explore the vast world and find your own challenges.

Also included in the Game of the Year edition are Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles expansion, adding new and unique quests and content to the already massive world of Oblivion. See why critics called Oblivion the Best Game of 2006.

Looks like it includes all DLC.
EVEN HORSE ARMOUR!!!

I've been meaning to dive into Morrowind's expansion packs for years so this was an easy purchase. Plus, it's nice to see Steam getting more RPG's as they and Adventure games seem to be overlooked.

Flib

Yes, apparently I'm illiterate. I've completed everything in the 360 version (full achievement points), but I got a sweet new computer recently and am going to have to bite on this. Goddamn you steam, goddamn you!

Proc

CabbageRed said:
I've been meaning to dive into Morrowind's expansion packs for years so this was an easy purchase. Plus, it's nice to see Steam getting more RPG's as they and Adventure games seem to be overlooked.

I agree completely. They ought to get NWN2, along with the older bioware/forgotten realms games up there.

Kilroy

I haven't been able to find Morrowind on Steam (perhaps it's not out in Europe), but before I splash out for it, tell me this: Does there exist some mods that change the combat system? I played it breifly on Xbox and got incredibly turned off when I tried hitting some bloke and couldn't, despite standing like 20 centimeters from him. Do they even work on the steam version?

epmode

So does the Steam version of Morrowind and Oblivion work with ALL of the mods? I know there are some Morrowind/Oblivion mods that give trouble with other downloadable services..

gstaff

brain_stew said:
Cool, I guess my brother is getting his birthday present early, he'll lap up that Elder Scrolls mega pack.

Pretty good deal on that right now, especially if you want the deluxe version with all the DLC for Oblivion.

So does the Steam version of Morrowind and Oblivion work with ALL of the mods?

Mods should work in a similar fashion to how Fallout 3 mods work with the Steam version of the game.

FatalT

Banned
epmode said:
So does the Steam version of Morrowind and Oblivion work with ALL of the mods? I know there are some Morrowind/Oblivion mods that give trouble with other downloadable services..

According to the goons over at SA, if you just use a "fixed" .exe you can play all the mods just fine. Buy away!

Somnia

Steam needs to make it so I can add any retail purchased game to my steam account like the small list there already is. I'll pay $5 a game if needed! I just get a good discount on games at retail that I buy them there, but I hate dealing with discs. Kinda like how DVD's/Blu-Rays come with digital copys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom