• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garryk

Well, if they are going to keep adding Bioware games to Steam, they need to hurry up with the KOTORs. And shit, I have to buy Elder Scrolls for PC now.

Shard said:
WHat do you know?

I think he called TES some time back. Besides, Atari announced NWN2 on Steam ages ago but never followed through so it is likely only a matter of time before they show up for the extra income.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Garryk said:
Well, if they are going to keep adding Bioware games to Steam, they need to hurry up with the KOTORs. And shit, I have to buy Elder Scrolls for PC now.

I don't think there are any Bioware games on Steam. Elder Scrolls is Bethesda and NWN2 is Obsidian (assuming it is added).

Edit - I am stupid and forgot about Mass Effect.

Garryk

Screaming_Gremlin said:
I don't think there are any Bioware games on Steam. Elder Scrolls is Bethesda and NWN2 is Obsidian (assuming it is added).

Mass Effect and Jade Empire are on there.

EDIT: Are you a Razorback fan? I just noticed your tag.

Doytch

LovingSteam said:
All I will say is that my buddy told me that Sega finally gave the green light.

I won't believe until it's up there and people have boughten and downloaded it. Sega has been dicking around with NWN2 on Steam for so damn long.

Flib

Inflammable Slinky said:
Is Call of Cthulhu worth picking up for 12? I really enjoyed Penumbra, although overture freaked me the fuck out sometimes. How long does it take to complete?

It's a great game with some amazing set pieces, but be warned that there are a lot of sections (a particular chase comes to mind) where you really have to use trial and error. Enemies can pretty much one shot you.

It's a decent length, one of the most moody and atmospheric games around. Easily worth the money.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
brain_stew said:
Ghost Busters? How much? Any reliable members of PC GAF willing to help out a UK GAFer by gifting a copy post PayPal payment?
I'm willing to do that. You can PM me if you're interested.

vazel

Banned
Oh hell yea Riddick is on steam! Now I don't have to get the DRM infested retail copy or the blurry console versions.

K.Jack said:
I'm willing to do that. You can PM me if you're interested.

PMed.

vazel said:
Oh hell yea Riddick is on steam! Now I don't have to get the DRM infested retail copy or the blurry console versions.

That's restricted to North America as well. :( Ghostbusters I can understand with Sony's exclusivity deal, but Riddick makes no sense.

DangerStepp

vazel said:
Steam is such a beautiful creature.

Alas, my eyes are bigger than my stomach and the deals are often so good that I always end up buying more than I have time to play.

Of course, my other half brings up the "but it'll be tied to your account forever" argument and I end up downloading "X" game anyway.

Thomper

brain_stew said:
PMed.

That's restricted to North America as well. :( Ghostbusters I can understand with Sony's exclusivity deal, but Riddick makes no sense.
It's Atari. All Atari-games on Steam are exclusive to North America, unfortunately.

FatalT said:
According to the goons over at SA, if you just use a "fixed" .exe you can play all the mods just fine. Buy away!

Yep. I was crashing after installing the Morrowing Graphics Extender until I applied the Bloodmoon v1.6.1820 ENG crack.

Somnia

Costanza said:
I want to get Morrowind/Oblivion but I've spent so much fucking money this week, dammit :(

I know how you feel =( I just bought Lost season 1/2 on bluray, ghostbusters bluray, friday the 13th bluray, terminator 1 bluray...oblivion goty, ghostbusters and pre-paid arma2

and it's only tuesday

Do you think they [Atari or otherwise] could patch in multiplayer for Ghostbusters PC? It seems like such a fucking sham they didn't include it. $30 doesn't make up for that, they should've just delayed it.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Are EA every going to sell games too UK users of Steam?

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I was gonna make a thread about this when i searched for titles and didnt see anything, but then i remembered this thread. I think i'm gonna buy this. Also the
Horse Armor Pack:
Tamriel is a dangerous place. Protect your horse from danger with this beautiful handcrafted armor.
is nice. That's pretty great that they can laugh at themselves, and it winds up putting a positive spin on the mistake.

Zzoram

QuickSilverGunk said:
Oblivion!
Is it worth buying Morrowind at the same time?

In many ways, Morrowind was better than Oblivion.

I'm tempted. I already own the Collector's Edition of Oblivion, and did own Morrowind+both expansions but gave them to a friend years ago. Should I buy it all again for $28 on Steam? I guess the question is, is Shivering Isles + Knights of the Nine + all the other DLC + the option to replay Morrowind+expansions again worth $28?

Does anyone else here already own Oblivion and is going to buy The Elder Scrolls GOTY Deluxe pack?

Is the DLC really worth the extra few pound on top? Judging by the descriptions it sounds rather bare bones and not at all necessary. The GOTY comes with the two proper, meaty expansions anyway,right? So am I honestly missing out on anything worthwhile by not getting the "deluxe" edition with its horse armour and extra few caves and the like?

Zzoram

brain_stew said:
Is the DLC really worth the extra few pound on top? Judging by the descriptions it sounds rather bare bones and not at all necessary. The GOTY comes with the two proper, meaty expansions anyway,right? So am I honestly missing out on anything worthwhile by not getting the "deluxe" edition with its horse armour and extra few caves and the like?

I guess it depends on how much you care about that stuff. They are basically extra caves with fancy weapons for loot. The normal GOTY comes with the real meaty content as you said, and is probably good enough.

bistromathics said:
I was gonna make a thread about this when i searched for titles and didnt see anything, but then i remembered this thread. I think i'm gonna buy this. Also the
is nice. That's pretty great that they can laugh at themselves, and it winds up putting a positive spin on the mistake.

Didn't they recently temporarily double the price of it on XBL? I seem to remember getting a good laugh at that.

Blizzard

Banned
I haven't even beaten (scary) Penumbra: Overture, and I just bought the Call of Cthulhu game. I have such bad judgment. :lol It looks like old-school 3D graphics, but we'll see...I bet it'll end up beign scary anyway.

Sqorgar

Banned
Zzoram said:
Does anyone else here already own Oblivion and is going to buy The Elder Scrolls GOTY Deluxe pack?
I did it. My fourth Oblivion, actually. I basically bought it to update my PC version of Oblivion with all the DLC and Shivering Isles, which is cheaper than buying the expansions separately (also the KotN expansion doesn't include the Fighter's Stronghold).

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Blizzard said:
I haven't even beaten (scary) Penumbra: Overture, and I just bought the Call of Cthulhu game. I have such bad judgment. :lol It looks like old-school 3D graphics, but we'll see...I bet it'll end up beign scary anyway.

Last year, 1Up FM did a backlog thing on it. I didn't listen - because I haven't played it - but that's normally a pretty good sign that the game's worth playing.

Javaman

Ugh, they should have used the deluxe version of Oblivion for the combo pack. I'm going to have to buy them seperately now.

Edit. Opps, Nevermind. I'm retarted. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom