• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukonrye

Looks like I'll be holding off on Trine until it goes on sale. I jumped all over that HOMM V deal. Does anyone know if the expansions change the core game (example Titan Quest) or can I just download the first one and start playing it without worrying about downloading all three?

kswiston

LovingSteam said:
they have Heroes of Might and Magic V pack for $12.99. I am contemplating buying that.

Even for the people who want Messiah, the 19.99 package is a bad deal. Just buy the HoMM5 pack for $12.99 and then DMoMM separately for $4.99 and save $2.

Buying the HoMM5 pack. I've been waiting for that to go on sale for awhile, and at 67% off the already discounted bundle price, it's a steal. I got Messiah as part of the $10 Ubisoft Classics pack a few months back, so I'm glad I don't have to re-buy it.

Mrbob

I just played the Zeno Clash demo...I think it starts from the beginning of the game.

Not sure what to think to be honest.

The first person combat is cool, but is the whole game just versus battle after versus battle with enemies?

It was weird how fighting game portraits would pop up before a battle. I know this is an indie game but the story is embarrassingly bad. Not just the storyline itself, but the voice actors who portray it. This is the type of bad you don't want friends or family to see.

Combat is cool, but everything else not so much. I'll have to think it over whether I want the game or not. Have through sunday!

Saterium

LovingSteam said:
Also Monkey Island Special Ediiton is hitting Steam. Including the original. Coming as well as Starfighter for those who care.

Any idea if it'll be on Steam on the same day as the 360 version? I'd much rather play it on PC

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Saterium said:
Any idea if it'll be on Steam on the same day as the 360 version? I'd much rather play it on PC

The XBLA Version has no date but as I recall in various interviews they do want to do simultaneous launch.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Droplitz - New addictive puzzle game now on Steam
June 26, 2009, 11:38 am - Valve
Quick! Turn the dials, align the pipes, save the Droplitz!

Drop what you're doing and buy Droplitz right now!
Drop on in for some fun with Droplitz!
Don't drop the ball, get Droplitz today!
Stop, drop and play Droplitz!
Droplitz Happens

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
LovingSteam said:
Buddy just informed me of new stuff coming...

Bionic Commando , Tropico 1 & 2...

Okay, tow questions, does that include Bionic Commando Rearmed and also does that include the Tropico Expansion Pack?

Haeleos

The Heroes V pack, which includes the 3 heroes games, is $12.99, and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is $4.99. So if you buy them separately, it comes out cheaper than buying the Heroes Bundle.

edit: sorry someone already posted this.

Shard said:
Okay, tow questions, does that include Bionic Commando Rearmed and also does that include the Tropico Expansion Pack?

Not sure, supposedly Capcom was looking at released Bionic Rearmed but no word. Regarding Tropic, not sure either.

Slavik81

I recently beat Dark Messiah, having gotten it in the Ubisoft pack.
For $5, I'd recommend it. The game's quite flawed, but it's unique and still of moderate quality.

I think I might go back and play it with cheats to unlock all the skills. The fun is really is blasting the floor with ice, so orcs run up the stairs, slip on a patch of it and slide off the edge of a cliff... Or setting explosive traps that trigger, sending piles of crates crashing down on their heads...

Opening up all the variety offered by the skills earlier in the game would make it fun to play through a second time.

Zzoram

LovingSteam said:
Not sure, supposedly Capcom was looking at released Bionic Rearmed but no word. Regarding Tropic, not sure either.

Considering that Bionic Commando Rearmed is better than the retail release, hopefully that comes to Steam.

I love HoMM5, my favorite in the series (that's saying a lot). I bought the pack a few months ago before it was on sale and couldn't be happier with the purchase. I bought Dark Messiah of Might & Magic this weekend for $5... I played quite a few hours on Friday and can't see where any of the hate comes from - the game is majorly fun with very rewarding combat, especially compared to other first person RPGs like Oblivion.

I want to play through the game again already with a different skill set. Right now using daggers/bows and having a great time sneaking around, one-shotting enemies left and right with headshots and back stabs and then getting into epic dagger battles with big cleaver wielding Orcs.

epmode

Baloonatic said:
Pre-ordered Trine and got Shadowgrounds. Is there any way to run it at 1920x1080?
I don't think Shadowgrounds supports widescreen resolutions. You might be able to force the resolution by editing the config file but I doubt that the aspect ratio will play along.

edit: Oh wait:
http://www.widescreengamer.com/s/shadowgrounds.html
Shadowgrounds

Developer: Frozenbyte
Publisher: Meridian4 / Reef Entertainment
Genre: Action

Release Date: April 25, 2006

Widescreen Support: Config file edit

Edit the following file with a text editor:

options.txt

In the game's base directory.

Look for the lines that say:

screen_height = 1200
screen_width = 1600

Change these to your desired resolution. Simple! FOV is corrected.
Wow, I hope that's true.

In related news, I liked what I played of Shadowgrounds a few days ago.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
TouchMyBox said:
With the meridian4 sale going on, Shadowgrounds Survivor can be had for $7.49. Does anyone know if it's the tits or not?

It's pretty good. Definitely a step up from the first game as it adds some cool little RPG touches and the like. It has a demo, give it a shot and see.

Javaman

The Meridian4 complete package deal is just amazing. They ended up doing 50% on that after 50% on the individual games for a grand total of 25$

I am trying to decide between ARMA2 and the Novalogic everything pack which has Includes: Delta Force Xtreme 2, Delta Force, Delta Force 2, Delta Force Land Warrior, Delta Force: Task Force Dagger, Delta Force: Xtreme, Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, Delta Force — Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre , Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising, Joint Operations: Escalation, Armored Fist 3, F-16 Multirole Fighter, F-22 Lightning 3, MiG-29 Fulcrum, Comanche 4, Tachyon: The Fringe

What do you guys recommend?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
LovingSteam said:
I am trying to decide between ARMA2 and the Novalogic everything pack which has Includes: Delta Force Xtreme 2, Delta Force, Delta Force 2, Delta Force Land Warrior, Delta Force: Task Force Dagger, Delta Force: Xtreme, Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, Delta Force — Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre , Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising, Joint Operations: Escalation, Armored Fist 3, F-16 Multirole Fighter, F-22 Lightning 3, MiG-29 Fulcrum, Comanche 4, Tachyon: The Fringe

What do you guys recommend?

The big appeal of most of those Novalogic games is the multiplayer, all of them have dead multiplayer communities so it's not really worth it. The single player is pretty balls in most of those.

ARMA 2 has people playing since it's new, you'll probably get a lot more out of it.

Plissken

I bought the Shadowgrounds 1&2 deal for $9.99, having a blast playing through the first one. Sadly, it only supports same-machine co-op, I would have loved to play this with a buddy over the net.

*edit* not sure if the second one, Survivor, supports net play, haven't installed that one yet, waiting to finish the first.

Odyssey

Banned
Man, that package is just... Something else. A lot of the stuff there is questionable, but it's weirdly questionable. These games look interesting, intriguing even though they're bad. Plus it's a buttload of stuff that's not FPSers. Heck, the variety of games you're getting is pretty good.

Vigil - Blood Bitterness for example. It looks like it's ripping off Half-life Amen (the best singleplayer Half-Life singleplayer mod out there) and it would be worth checking out.

Then again all these titles are like $2.50 and you could pretty much cherry pick for cheap.

Zachack

Shard said:
It isn't on Steam, I checked.
I wonder if that's because iD's name isn't on the box. Hexen 2 does have the iD logo but the expansion (and Heretic 2) doesn't, making it seem like it was pub/dev by Activision/Raven without any iD involvement.

Javaman

Zzoram said:
I've put almost 30 hours into it this week :lol

Is it easy to screw up enough where you have to start over? I'd hate to get into a position 20+ hours in where the agents are impossible to fight off because I didn't optimize the building correctly.

Zzoram

Javaman said:
Is it easy to screw up enough where you have to start over? I'd hate to get into a position 20+ hours in where the agents are impossible to fight off because I didn't optimize the building correctly.

Sort of.

Make manual saves with CTRL+L at critical points.

Just be careful. Keep your heat low, have lots of social minions mentally weakening agents, and keep your high heat rooms deep in the back, and have low heat rooms up front. A good tip is to separate the low heat and high heat portion of your base with a long twisting hallway with lots of doors, which really slows down agents giving you ample opportunity to mentally weaken them.

Personally I don't mind occasionally losing because you learn a lot and I find the game fun to replay. I didn't commit to a base/plan until I restarted 4 times testing things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom