• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

Zzoram said:
You didn't like Oblivion? I just talked to everyone I met to get quests, and worked my way down the quest log, ignoring the main quest until the end.

I have Fallout 3 and I'm the same way, I just don't enjoy how it's setup.

Zzoram

Volcynika said:
I have Fallout 3 and I'm the same way, I just don't enjoy how it's setup.

Have you played Mass Effect? It less more directed than Oblivion/Fallout 3, but less directed than a JRPG.

Volcynika

Zzoram said:
Have you played Mass Effect? It less more directed than Oblivion/Fallout 3, but less directed than a JRPG.

Not yet, but my brother does have it, just haven't found the time to start it up and see what it's like.

Zzoram

Volcynika said:
Not yet, but my brother does have it, just haven't found the time to start it up and see what it's like.

For one, the graphics are better (no more Bethesda clay faces), conversations are better (your character is voiced too), and it feels more cinematic (the angle of the camera while you talk usually isn't just looking at the NPC from directly infront).

ezekial45

Banned
Des0lar said:
I can't play Oblivion because I have the feeling I have no clear objective.
Will I like Fallout 3?

One of the same reasons why i HATED playing Oblivion. But oddly enough, i fucking love Fallout 3. The quest structure is pretty similar, but the world is alot more interesting. I guess thats what bugged me about most of the quests in Oblivion. I had no real interest in the setting and the characters. Not so for Fallout 3.

Coming from someone who hated playing Oblivion and Morrowind, Fallout 3 is a steal at half off.-

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Mass effect is a lot more directed. Heck, it's linear. A much more inferior game to oblivion in just about every way, save conversations.

I didn't enjoy mass effect at all.

Blast Processing said:
I would so snap up Fallout 3 for $25 if I didn't know about the GOTY edition coming in October with all the DLC bundled with it...
Exactly. They would be so much wiser just to release a pack (already) with codes for the following packs.

Costanza

Banned
Steam does not want my money. I've tried 3 different cards, paypal, my old addresses. It just keeps getting declined. Now I'm waiting for support to get back to me but they're probably out of the office for the weekend. Fuck.

Costanza said:
Steam does not want my money. I've tried 3 different cards, paypal, my old addresses. It just keeps getting declined. Now I'm waiting for support to get back to me but they're probably out of the office for the weekend. Fuck.

Get a buddy to buy it for you and then send the money through paypal to him/her.

Zzoram

Blast Processing said:
I would so snap up Fallout 3 for $25 if I didn't know about the GOTY edition coming in October with all the DLC bundled with it...

I wonder if Steam will sell a Fallout 3 DLC Complete pack, with all of the DLC (5 or 6 in total by the end I believe?) for people who own Fallout 3 and don't want to pay $50-60 for DLC. Maybe sell it for $25-30 and call the pack an Expansion pack? Then the GOTY Edition for $50 for people who don't have Fallout 3 yet.

Zzoram

b.e.r.g said:
Uhm it just where, some weeks ago. If not cheaper...

I own Civilization Chronicles, which is Civ 1-3 with all expansions, and base Civ IV as a collector box. I sometimes want to buy Civ IV complete on Steam, but then I remember I have the disc and I decide not to rebuy it, because I don't really play it anymore anyways.

Javaman

Costanza said:

You might have better luck on steam's webstore. At least I did months ago when I was having similar issues.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2639/

You can now get 20 of 2K Games top-selling games for one awesome price with the 2K HUGE GAME PACK. Plus, for a limited time, save an additional 10% off. Hurry, offer ends July 7.

The 2K HUGE GAME PACK includes: Sid Meier's Civilization® IV, Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete, Sid Meier's Pirates!, Shattered Union, Prey, CivCity: Rome, Civilization IV®: Warlords, Sid Meier's Railroads!, Railroad Tycoon 3, Railroad Tycoon II Platinum, X-COM: Terror From the Deep, X-COM: Apocalypse, BioShock™, X-COM: Interceptor, X-COM: UFO Defense, X-COM: Enforcer, Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Freedom Force, Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization.

Zachack

That's a pretty amazing pack if you don't have most of it. It did get me to look at the other deals, though, like the Railroad pack. How are Sid Meier's Railroads and Railroad Tycoon 3?

Been playing and loving Fallout 3 on my 360, but I'm tempted to pick up the PC version because I think I'll want to run some mods when I play through again some day. It's fully compatible with a 360 controller, right?

Edit: I'm not seeing any of the DLC on Steam. Is it not available there?

Flib

bmf said:
Been playing and loving Fallout 3 on my 360, but I'm tempted to pick up the PC version because I think I'll want to run some mods when I play through again some day. It's fully compatible with a 360 controller, right?

Edit: I'm not seeing any of the DLC on Steam. Is it not available there?

It's fully compatible with the controller, and it runs really well on PC.

You have to buy the expansions off the Games For Windows Live website.

Shins

Banned
I'd really like to try out CryoStasis, but I want to upgrade my graphics card first. Can't play hardly anything anymore unless I knock down the resolution loads. Ho-hum.

madmook

I have a few of the games from that 2K huge pack... am I able to gift the duplicate copies?

Fuckin' hell I just bought that Freedom Force pack last week.

Zachack said:
That's a pretty amazing pack if you don't have most of it. It did get me to look at the other deals, though, like the Railroad pack. How are Sid Meier's Railroads and Railroad Tycoon 3?

The correct way to go about doing things is to buy the big pack, and when you have extra games, you can gift them to the poor. For instance, I met this person on steam the other day called "Touch My Box" and he told me about how he had to sell his kidney to afford ArmAII. If you're looking for someone to give away games to such as Sid Meier's Civilization IV, this "Touch My Box" person would be a most excellent candidate.

NIN90 said:
Yeah, quite a big one actually.
You can even have your very own loli dolls!! ugh
Yeah. Not for that. I think I'd do a couple of things so I don't have to spend any time worrying about what I'm carrying around. Change the base carry weight to something ridiculous. Maybe give some of the NPCs better repair capabilities. Hunting down Wolfgang every time I wanted to repair one of the more unique weapons was kind of a pain.

Slavik81

This is sad. Both these deals are almost awesome, but by total random chance, the huge game pack is basically just stuff I already have, and despite wanting to play Fallout 3, its DLC costs more than the game itself.

Oh well. I have plenty of games right now anyways.

Red

I already have Freedom Force and FF: Third Reich; can I gift them if I buy the 2K pack? If so, who's calling dibs?

Zachack

madmook said:
I have a few of the games from that 2K huge pack... am I able to gift the duplicate copies?
Same question.
TouchMyBox said:
The correct way to go about doing things is to buy the big pack, and when you have extra games, you can gift them to the poor. For instance, I met this person on steam the other day called "Touch My Box" and he told me about how he had to sell his kidney to afford ArmAII. If you're looking for someone to give away games to such as Sid Meier's Civilization IV, this "Touch My Box" person would be a most excellent candidate.
This Touch My Box person sounds like quite the pervert.

TouchMyBox said:

I may be wrong, but I think it only does that sort of thing with select games, like in the orange box. Buying it momentarily, though, so I'll find out.

Edit: Oh, what do you know, there's an Extra Copies Support Article that they link to in the checkout page. It appears that the Extra Copies thing only applies to a few of the Orange Box titles.

Peronthious said:
I may be wrong, but I think it only does that sort of thing with select games, like in the orange box. Buying it momentarily, though, so I'll find out.

I've never done it, I've just always assumed it would work like that. Don't see why not.

Zachack said:
This Touch My Box person sounds like quite the pervert.

You may be right, I'm pretty sure he doesn't read GAF though, so we can gossip about him all we want.

Slavik81 said:
No. The ONLY games for which you can do that are Half-Life 2 and Episode 1 if you buy the Orange Box and already own Half-Life 2 and/or Episode 1. It does not work for Portal, Team Fortress 2 or Episode 2 from the Orange Box, nor any other game on the Valve store.

So, in every case except that single tiny exception, no.

You sir, have ruined my dream.

Slavik81

madmook said:
No. The ONLY games for which you can do that are Half-Life 2 and Episode 1 if you buy the Orange Box and already own Half-Life 2 and/or Episode 1. It does not work for Portal, Team Fortress 2 or Episode 2 from the Orange Box, nor any other game on the Valve store.

Well, except the Left4Dead 4 Pack, but that's a little different.

What's the consensus on the chances of the Fallout3 GOTY edition landing on Steam? I haven't played the game yet and can wait until October, but I'll buy the weekend deal version now and add the DLC manually if there isn't going to be a GOTY Steam version later.

Slavik81 said:

Well, except the Left4Dead 4 Pack, but that's a little different.
Are you sure? The Trine preorder news item said this:
Customers that pre-purchase Trine before release will instantly get a free copy of Shadowgrounds - the debut hit title by the indie developer Frozenbyte. Already own Shadowgrounds? Give your extra copy to a friend.
Surely that must be the case for more than just that "tiny exception" if it worked for this third-party game.

epmode

Chris Remo said:

Surely that must be the case for more than just that "tiny exception" if it worked for this third-party game.
Well, I was pretty shocked to see that note. The only other time I remember hearing anything about purchases being converted to gifts was for Valve games.

Slavik81

Chris Remo said:

Unless it specifically says otherwise, you should assume it does not give you a giftable copy.

Grayman

Slavik81 said:
This is sad. Both these deals are almost awesome, but by total random chance, the huge game pack is basically just stuff I already have, and despite wanting to play Fallout 3, its DLC costs more than the game itself.

Oh well. I have plenty of games right now anyways.
The best time to purchase Fallout 3 would be in the fall for the version that comes with all the DLC, or after that version price drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom