• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Gold Member
So... I have £13.49 left in my account for now and fallout 3 (which I don't yet own) is £13.49.

IS THIS A SIGN?

What the fizzle do I do :lol ?

bathala

Banned
Screaming_Gremlin said:
I just finished playing it myself. Absolutely loving the game. Here is $30 I really didn't need to spend today.
How is the length of the game? Is it mostly puzzle with platforming?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Proc said:
The community is indeed worth questioning. However, the port looks promising in terms of performance. I think the low price will attract a decent audience though. I'm glad I bought a 360 arcade stick, since it'll be plug and play.
The port is fuckawesome. It almost looks like Street Fighter 4.5 at 1080p/8xAA/60fps with all the bells and whistles on.

I've been wanting to pickup Fallout 3 for a while and I just noticed the deal going on this weekend. However, my account just got hijacked and idk if the Steam people will reply quick enough, being a holiday weekend, so that I can get this deal.

:(

Oreoleo

PunjabiPlaya said:
idk if the Steam people will reply quick enough, being a holiday weekend, so that I can get this deal.

They will not, I'm sorry to say. Valve is only in the office Monday-Friday and the account recovery process is a 3-4 day waiting period anyway. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
PunjabiPlaya said:
I've been wanting to pickup Fallout 3 for a while and I just noticed the deal going on this weekend. However, my account just got hijacked and idk if the Steam people will reply quick enough, being a holiday weekend, so that I can get this deal.

You could make a new account with another e-mail and gift it to yourself.

ArjanN

CiSTM said:
Has anyone picked up Blueberry Garden ? And if you have plz some impressions.

Worth it if you like a weird artsy platformer.

The main point is first going WTF? and then figuring out what to do.

I like the music.

CiSTM said:
Has anyone picked up Blueberry Garden ? And if you have plz some impressions.
I posted a bunch of impressions in the Blueberry Garden thread on GAF. I enjoyed it, felt it was worth $5. It has pretty poor performance on slower CPUs and won't blow your mind like Braid did. But nevertheless, it was a nice little game.

Any restrictions on running mods with Steam's Fallout 3? I hear it can't use ScriptExtender? What's that? Will I want it?

I need to buy it again. :lol

edit: I'm a gamblin' man, bought it regardless.

Firehead

gregor7777 said:
Any restrictions on running mods with Steam's Fallout 3? I hear it can't use ScriptExtender? What's that? Will I want it?

I need to buy it again. :lol

edit: I'm a gamblin' man, bought it regardless.

No worries, apparently it supports Steam now - check it.

Anyone knows the status of Codemasters games on Steam? I want to buy Fuel, and it was in the coming soon tab during last month, but a few days back it simple vanished from the list. It should have come in the end of June, the retail is already out.

Just double-dipped fallout 3 so I'd have the steam version and therefore compatibility with mods. I don't even have a windows install on a gaming capable machine right now. God I love this game.

Boonoo

I snagged the 2k games pack because I was feeling spendy, and I hate passing up big deals like that.

I have my eyes on Civ 4 and Prey (already owned Bioshock), but I don't know much about the other games in the pack.
Any real gems that I should be sure to give a try?

Mrbob

Loving Steam you get any word on when or if Tales of Monkey Island will come to steam?

LucasArts isn't on steam, so I wonder if this is the holdup.....

Mrbob said:
Loving Steam you get any word on when or if Tales of Monkey Island will come to steam?

I think they (telltale) said it's coming, don't know when, though

Jirotrom

since I've now spent quite a bit on steam, I was wondering if there is
A) A way to get a receipt for all my purchases in case something goes wild
B) A way to receive discs for the games I have purchased for backup in case something goes wild

Volcynika

Jirotrom said:
B) A way to receive discs for the games I have purchased for backup in case something goes wild

A) They do email you a receipt every time you purchase a game, but I'm not sure if there's a receipt with all your purchases combined
B) There is zero ways to do that, and probably never will be one.

Danj

Still no Red Alert 3 on Steam for Europe :( I'm seriously considering using a £10 off voucher and getting it for cheap off the EA Store.

epmode

Jirotrom said:
I save the email receipts since I think they're useful in case your account gets hacked.

As for physical media, you can make a physical backup using the Steam UI. It's obviously not the same as a retail product but it's useful if you're bandwidth capped.

Danj said:
Still no Red Alert 3 on Steam for Europe :( I'm seriously considering using a £10 off voucher and getting it for cheap off the EA Store.
Or you could PayPal a US GAFer and get the Steam copy. Your call.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Jirotrom said:

A) You get a receipt for each purchase, but such a thing is not really needed. If your account gets hacked/stolen, all you have to do is contact support and provide either a picture of a BOX with a Serial Key registered to your account OR describe your last purchases, along with credit card numbers (the last game i purchased was Street Fighter IV and the payment option used was Credit Card Billing and the last 4 numbers of the credit card are 1234), and they will get your account back to you farily quickly (in my case, it took them 2 days).

B) You can create backups from within the Steam application. You can select which games you want to make a backup of and the size of said backup (CD-R or DVD-R sized), and it'll split the files in said sizes.

But since STEAM is a decent service, you can always redownload, for free, your games, and you can easily retrieve your account if stolen, so, again, no real need for it.

Danj

Visualante said:
Or you could PayPal a US GAFer and get the Steam copy. Your call.

I could, except that I cancelled my Paypal account last year due to fraud, and I'm not going back on it again. Besides, haven't Steam been cracking down on games not bought from their original region?

Mrbob said:

Yes its coming, along with the special edition which will include the original Tales of Monkey Island :)

Kilroy said:
Hoooo boy, that 2K deal is making my order finger itch. Say, any info on any of the games not working on Vista?

I ran all of the games without a hitch.

Costanza said:
The Railroad Tycoon games crash alot according to the Steam forums. Kinda disappointing.

3 and Railroads are the only ones that are worth playing, imo, and they work fine for me at least.

Costanza

Banned
Kilroy said:
Hoooo boy, that 2K deal is making my order finger itch. Say, any info on any of the games not working on Vista?
The Railroad Tycoon games crash alot according to the Steam forums. Kinda disappointing.

Oreoleo

bmf said:
Anyone know what time new games come up for purchase? I'd like to pick up the new Monkey Island, but don't know when it will be up.

It's usually pretty random. At least that's my perception. I would expect it sometime mid afternoon, but what do I know really.

Mrbob

bmf said:
Anyone know what time new games come up for purchase? I'd like to pick up the new Monkey Island, but don't know when it will be up.

You and me both.

As much as I want to get on that Telltale deal, I love the simplicity of having most of my games on steam and to see if there will be a steam special value.

Mrbob said:
You and me both.

As much as I want to get on that Telltale deal, I love the simplicity of having most of my games on steam and to see if there will be a steam special value.

BTW, the Secret of Monkey Island by Lucas Arts will be on Steam on 7/15 for $9.95 :)

MNC

Danj said:
Are you sure? I'm positive I have the demo in my list at the moment which would mean the game can also be bought by me... Netherlands.

MNC said:
Are you sure? I'm positive I have the demo in my list at the moment which would mean the game can also be bought by me... Netherlands.
UK gamers can't buy EA products except Crysis. Steam and EA have both been asked to comment on this, EA give bullshit answers, Steam say that they're working on it. Clearly they're working hard.

I asked Chris Remo to question EA on this because it almost seems like EA has forgotten about the UK. But I guess he hasn't had the oppurtunity yet.
Danj said:
I could, except that I cancelled my Paypal account last year due to fraud, and I'm not going back on it again. Besides, haven't Steam been cracking down on games not bought from their original region?
So you're saying Steam are cracking down on sales of products with an implementation they could easily patch? Don't think so.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Acidote said:
I've been thinking lately about this: Is there any clue about Black Isle games on Steam?

I would buy them up super quick as I'm sure many people would. I think I have purchased and lost the discs for the original Baldur's Gate at least 4 times.

So each episode of Monkey island tales is 35$... I see by that link that 5 chapters is already in the pipeline. How long is each episode supposed to be anyway. Five times 35$ seems like a lot of money to me...

*fake edit* I just checked the official three headed thread and someone said 3.5 hours for the first episode...

PuppetSlave said:
So each episode of Monkey island tales is 35$... I see by that link that 5 chapters is already in the pipeline. How long is each episode supposed to be anyway. Five times 35$ seems like a lot of money to me...

*fake edit* I just checked the official three headed thread and someone said 3.5 hours for the first episode...

No, the entire series of 5 episodes is $35. You pay $35.00 now, you get the first episode now, and the rest of the episodes as they are released, no additional cost. Just like with Wallace and Grommit.

dLMN8R

PuppetSlave said:

New to Telltale's games?

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom