• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mutanthands said:
No, the entire series of 5 episodes is $35. You pay $35.00 now, you get the first episode now, and the rest of the episodes as they are released, no additional cost. Just like with Wallace and Grommit.

Seriously? Thats sounds great. Then I am back on the train. :D

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
PuppetSlave said:
So each episode of Monkey island tales is 35$... I see by that link that 5 chapters is already in the pipeline. How long is each episode supposed to be anyway. Five times 35$ seems like a lot of money to me...

*fake edit* I just checked the official three headed thread and someone said 3.5 hours for the first episode...

wat

Slacker

Mutanthands said:
No, the entire series of 5 episodes is $35. You pay $35.00 now, you get the first episode now, and the rest of the episodes as they are released, no additional cost. Just like with Wallace and Grommit.
They need to make that more clear. I assumed it was $35 each episode too.

epmode

LovingSteam said:
Also watch out for the Lucasarts "Back Pack". No further info.
NICE.

I wasn't planning on buying any Lucasarts games until the inevitable collections are introduced, anyway.

Twig

Banned
Volcynika said:
More bizarre things have happened!

Like Twig not being a silly person.
I'd like to say jealousy doesn't suit you, but you wear it like the skin you were born in.

ps i don't have any idea what that means either

Mrbob

tt3.jpg

From the lucasarts twitter:

Hey guys - sitting with our internal Steam Team (that rhymes!) right now. Looks like it'll be soon...be watching here!

19 minutes ago from web

Javaman

devildog820 said:
Because I'm at work I can't download or play these, but the waiting is killing me nonetheless.

Tell me about it. My anticipation is just nutz. Hopefully they'll have the bundle and pricing lists soon.

Cronen

Up on Steam now for me!

I'm a huge Monkey Island fan, and I've heard good things about Fate of Atlantis. Worth trying?

Saterium

5 bucks for each Lucas classic adventure games.. Perfect price IMO, I was afraid they'd try 10 bucks.

I'm gonna wait and see if they put up an adventure pack before I give them my 20 bucks though!

epmode

Cronen said:
Up on Steam now for me!

I'm a huge Monkey Island fan, and I've heard good things about Fate of Atlantis. Worth trying?
Every Lucasarts adventure game from Secret of Monkey Island on is well worth playing today. No one does it better.

(I like the older stuff too but they have some annoying design decisions that would make it pretty irritating for new players)

Baha said:
Does Republic Commando have co-op? I know the single player campaign was squad-based.

Multiple Gaming Mode - Choose the single-player option and command a squad of four that you can dispatch at will. Or, choose the multiplayer option and play with up to sixteen players online in different multi-player modes.

I don't believe it does but someone prove me wrong?

dani_dc

3,99€ here, great price for such classics :D
For that price will pick up Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis soon for sure.

Cronen said:
Up on Steam now for me!

FoA is fantastic and the true 4th Indy film. Goddamn it, remembering this is making me so tempted to get this again and double dip (I won it on the amiga years ago :D) as the playable intro segment and the "ghost" bits are worth the money alone, but part of me wants to hold out for the inevitable complete packs.

Cronen

epmode said:
Every Lucasarts adventure game from Secret of Monkey Island on is well worth playing today. No one does it better.

(I like the older stuff too but they have some annoying design decisions that would make it pretty irritating for new players)

Darkflight said:
FoA is fantastic and the true 4th Indy film. Goddamn it, remembering this is making me so tempted to get this again and double dip (I won it on the amiga years ago :D) as the playable intro segment and the "ghost" bits are worth the money alone, but part of me wants to hold out for the inevitable complete packs.

Thanks guys. I'll wait it out a little like other people here and see if they release a bundle, if not I'll give FoA a go (and possibly The Last Crusade). I'll be getting the Secret of Monkey Island remake next week. I'm loving all the Point n Click love! :D

Anyone grabbed one of the adventure games yet? Do we know what sort of emulation they use? I've heard reports of full porting, but if they use DOSBOX like all the other older games on Steam that would be rather lame.

epmode

Cronen said:
Thanks guys. I'll wait it out a little like other people here and see if they release a bundle, if not I'll give FoA a go (and possibly The Last Crusade). I'll be getting the Secret of Monkey Island remake next week. I'm loving all the Point n Click love! :D
My mistake. Don't get the Last Crusade. It's probably Lucasarts' worst adventure game. Atlantis is excellent though.

MNC

Full ports, no dosbox or scumm iirc.

I am going to double dip with battlefront 2.... What's the price?

Oh god these games are dead cheap! Are these deals or their final price? This is going to be killer.

Vorador

Banned
I'm gonna wait for that Back Pack. Sad that the games are only available on english, i remember they were localized in quite a few countries.

For those who have bought them, how's the emulation?

epmode said:
My mistake. Don't get the Last Crusade. It's probably Lucasarts' worst adventure game. Atlantis is excellent though.

:( I have fond memories of the Last Crusade.

Saterium

For those of you wondering.. It's not ScummVM, it's not Dosbox, it's not ported either though. Smoothing can be turned off, fullscreen doesn't seem to up-res so far, although I could be wrong.

*EDIT* I should add that Steam ingame menu (shift+tab) doesn't work if it's full screened.

2la7h8j.jpg

epmode said:

No way, that game is awesome! Only loosely tied to the movie, but that's not what makes it great. Last Crusade was probably one of my top five from that era, including Monkey Island, DotT, Hero's Quest, Space Quest, and others like that.

Grim is from a different time.

nny

They're up, yay. For now I'll get The Dig and Fate of Atlantis.

and then again...I don't like the look of the screenshots, can that filter be turned of, for those that aren't afraid of pixels?

edit: thanks Saterium, I'm glad to see the filter can be switched off. Let's do some shopping then!

MNC

nny said:
They're up, yay. For now I'll get The Dig and Fate of Atlantis.

and then again...I don't like the look of the screenshots, can that filter be turned of, for those that aren't afraid of pixels?

edit: thanks Saterium, I'm glad to see the filter can be switched off. Let's do some shopping then!
Graphics smoothing can be turned off.

Boo you edited.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
SO much to choose from and yet I am hesitant since there are no packages to choose from yet, I might want to wait for that.

grkazan12

so for a first time point and click adventure player what would be the better Indy game to start with Fate of Atlantis or The Last Crusade

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
grkazan12 said:
so for a first time point and click adventure player what would be the better Indy game to start with Fate of Atlantis or The Last Crusade

Fate of Atlantis hands down.

Costanza

Banned
I've never played any of these games, I'll probably buy the 2 Indy ones later if a discounted pack of everything doesn't show up.

Polk

grkazan12 said:
You will die in Last Crusade, no question about it. So go with Fate of Atlantis. It's way better game.

Vorador

Banned
Damn i'm weak. The Dig, Loom, Indy 1 and 2 bought. I can't wait.

Loom is 281 Mb :eek: that game fitted on a 1.44 Mb floppy. Wonder what they've done to get it to that size.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Vorador said:

Loom is 281 Mb :eek: that game fitted on a 1.44 Mb floppy. Wonder what they've done to get it to that size.

It is the Talkie CD Rom Version.

Zachack

Probably no one has reached this point yet but how did Lucasarts remove the endgame copy protection from Last Crusade involving the Grail Diary?

Saterium

Vorador said:

It's the CD talkie version

Cronen said:
Up on Steam now for me!

Nearly all LucasArts adventures are worth trying, but Fate of Atlantis is one of the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom