• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
TouchMyBox said:
you see the custom url in your control panel page?

Yep, and when I enter that it says I'm set to private.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gregor7777

Fredescu said:
The way I fixed it was to change my custom URL to a bunch of numbers and then check the thing. You can always change it straight back once you're done. Not sure why it won't let you change the custom URL though. Are you sure you're in Edit Profile and not View Profile?

That worked. :lol Just typed in a bunch of random numbers. It lets me change it, but not go back to the default 16 digit or whatever ID. Thanks.

Now I'll switch it back.

$284.90

1-D_FTW said:
That's like the most bizarre account I've ever seen. I had to click it. And when I saw you only had .2 hours played in the last 2 weeks, I clicked on the link to see all your games. So then I started clicking on all your games with achievements. You have almost nothing. Most games have zero achievements. Crazy. It's a fitting user name, though.

Lol yea. I play here and there but many of those were deals on games I wanted or what have you. So when I do have the time or the urge to play its there. :D

gregor7777 said:
Yep, and when I enter that it says I'm set to private.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gregor7777

That worked. :lol Just typed in a bunch of random numbers. It lets me change it, but not go back to the default 16 digit or whatever ID. Thanks.

Now I'll switch it back.

$284.90

Ah, you have to press the home button (or at least, i do) to get that string of numbers, if you go away from the control panel and then come back, it will use the custom url.

Fredescu

TouchMyBox said:
Ah, you have to press the home button (or at least, i do) to get that string of numbers, if you go away from the control panel and then come back, it will use the custom url.
I think if you got a Steam account after a certain date, possibly after they launched the community features, you never get the numbers.

Account value: $354.84

Nice. Obviously there are lots of Steam games that I'd like to buy (but I'm completely broke); it would probably be $600 or $700 if I bought them. Holy Jesus @ the >$2000 accounts.

graywolf323

Account value: $1209.44

$1493.92 without packages

and according to Steam I actually spent $488.79

though not sure does Steam recent store transaction activity list actually include everything?

graywolf323 said:
Account value: $1209.44

$1493.92 without packages

and according to Steam I actually spent $488.79

though not sure does Steam recent store transaction activity list actually include everything?

For me it starts at the point which Steam became a real DD outlet, my first couple purchases when steam was only for VALVe games aren't on that list for me.

graywolf323

TouchMyBox said:
For me it starts at the point which Steam became a real DD outlet, my first couple purchases when steam was only for VALVe games aren't on that list for me.

I was looking at my list of licenses and subscriptions and it seems my recent transaction list (which goes back to 2007ish) is missing about 4 games

found emails from when I bought them though which brings my total cost to $582.49

drkOne

ACCOUNT VALUE: $419.81

Started taking Steam seriously during their Christmas 2008 sale… Only had CS:S, TF2 and Audiosurf at that time.

Can't live without it right now.

Draft

Steam member since: September 12, 2003
Last calculation: July 16, 2009
ACCOUNT VALUE: $958.51

$1332.96 without packages

Account value: $609.66
$749.45 without packages

A lot more than I expected... I'd be surprised if I've even spent half that much, since a lot of that was on sale.

Oreoleo

I've checked before but I have since forgotten my total and would really not like to be reminded. Somewhere in the $500-700 range I imagine, without taking packages/discounts into consideration.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Let's see the number for Evilore's account. I would imagine it isn't too far from the current deficit in America.

DrPirate

Banned
Steam member since: September 12, 2003

ACCOUNT VALUE: $622.58

$792.35 Without packages.

Not surprsing given that I actually enjoy buying my games from Steam...

DrPirate

Banned
Curufinwe said:
It says my account is Private even though it's definitely set to Public.

This happened with me too

Use the Numbers as opposed to your custom url.

steamcalculator_whereismyid

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Username: Screaming_Gremlin
Steam member since: August 16, 2004

Account value: $843.55

$1003.3 without packages

JMC

Banned
Steam member since: February 23, 2006

Account value: $169.95 ($274.76 without packages)

I haven't bought anything since Braid, and before that The Black Box (well, it was bundled with my 2900XT, but the calculator can't know that!) I've been meaning to buy L4D since launch, but I have a feeling I won't play it much so I'm waiting for it to go on special again. I use the PS360 to play games these days.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Account value: $524.74

$579.62 without packages

I've not even spent $150 yet.

Edit: Oh wait, maybe $170, I forgot what sale I bought L4D on.

Curufinwe

DrPirate said:
This happened with me too

Use the Numbers as opposed to your custom url.

steamcalculator_whereismyid

Thanks, that worked. :) The only package used was the Valve Complete Pack.

Account value: $278.91

$373.76 without packages

Account value: $1956.7

$2426.07 without packages

Yikes. I'm pretty sure that I'm not happy about that. :p Thankfully, a lot of that must be from the New Years/Holiday sale.

fresquito

I've used the Steam calculator and it says I've spent $214.93. However it's totally wrong, probably I've spent less than half that price, since most of my buyings have been done through weekend deals.

Anyway, for almost a year of gaming it's a fair price.

Proc

HurricaneJesus said:
ACCOUNT VALUE: $389.86

$559.56 without packages

Only actually spent $185.00

Love Steam.

Account value: $579.76

$859.36 without packages

I think I'm closer to around $300. I went all out at the last Christmas sale and have been picky/choosey since. I only buy from steam typically when there are crazy sales. My biggest solo purchases are probably dow2 and empire: war, of which I purchased at retail.

Here was I hoping this thread had been bumped because of some announcements, updates, or WIN, when really its just people posting what some other website reckons your account is worth.

:(

DiegoXJ

old account, since 2004
Account value: $69.96
$94.88 without packages

new account since 2008
Account value: $99.99
$164.91 without packages

Been getting back into computer gaming recently. Hoping to see if Steam gets Fallout 3 and its expansions in a package soon!

KaYotiX

Banned
Steam member since: August 26, 2004

Account value: $189.95

$254.79 without packages

I actually forgot about Steam untill about a year ago, i need to start buying games via Steam again. Especially the weekend deals. Maybe ill grab Anon 1404 tomorrow, loved the demo.

* Username: Crimsonfate
* Steam_ID: STEAM_0:1:84343
* Profile ID: 76561197960434415
* Custom URL: tubonjics1
* Steam member since: September 12, 2003
* Last calculation: July 06, 2009 — refresh

*Account value: $858.67
*$1248.08 without packages

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Account value: $349.88
$499.65 without packages

I feel really bad, especially seeing as how some of you guys have spent far more, but also because of the age of my account.

Here's a hint: Steam_ID: STEAM_0:1:7861

*runs*

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
  • Info

* Username: K.Jack2.0
    * Custom URL: kevinj44
    * Steam member since: August 08, 2007
    * Last calculation: July 16, 2009

Account value: $484.77

$559.63 without packages

With 39 games, not bad.

Soule

* Username: Thor
* Steam_ID: STEAM_0:1:15073484
* Profile ID: 76561197990412697
* Custom URL: 1ncomplete
* Steam member since: June 10, 2007
* Last calculation: July 04, 2009 — refresh

Account value: $1087.46

$1222.28 without packages

Hmmm grown a fair bit since this year. I love the weekend deals though I know I've saved a lot of money through them. I'm lucky to have gotten a couple of games for free and a few more for 99c which is always fun :)

Only 10 more games til triple figures..! that's a surprise hadn't checked up on that in a while

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
steam noob question here

I just used it to buy crysis warhead and as part of the install routine I was requested to create a gamespy id.

Is this something steam does to use the multiplayer stuff in games or can I just use the steam friends list to play people. I don't understand.

catfish said:
steam noob question here

I just used it to buy crysis warhead and as part of the install routine I was requested to create a gamespy id.

Is this something steam does to use the multiplayer stuff in games or can I just use the steam friends list to play people. I don't understand.

That's game specific, though game's sold through Steam don't necessarily use Valve's own Steamworks middleware. Any of Valve's games and an increasing amount of thrid party and indie titles will have full Steamworks integration for achivements, multiplayer, DRM and the like.

You can still use the Steam overlay in pretty much any game though.

senahorse

ACCOUNT VALUE: $1069.5

$1314.15 without packages

Steam member since: August 12, 2005 (however because of lost account details, this is my second account).

BeeDog

# Username: His Dudeness
# Steam member since: November 16, 2004
# Last calculation: July 16, 2009

Account value: $279.9

$389.71 without packages

Welp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom