• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallout

DeadFalling said:
Uhh...

--
I don't have any of the games in either pack except for Audiosurf. I didn't like the World of goo demo either. Are they still worth the investment?
I didn't like the World of Goo demo. I bought the game when it was on sale for 5 bucks and tried playing it again. Still didn't care for it. I think I was mostly annoyed with the mechanics ... I'd probably rather be playing Bridge Builder or something.

Gifting is never going to happen because third parties probably think people will buy the bundles if they own one or two of the games anyway.

Posting again since it was overlooked: can I play Witcher on medium settings on my laptop?

2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo
GeForce 8600M GT w/ DDR3 RAM
3 GB RAM
Vista SP2

Slavik81

That indie pack should get its own thread. What an amazing set of games.

Unfortuanately, I already own Audiosurf, Everyday Shooter, Gish, Braid, World of Goo and Darwinia, so it's not worth it to me. But half of those games are amazing, and the other half are good.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Wow the indie pack is unreal. I'm buying it, even though my notebook just died, and I won't be able to play them for probably a month.
ChoklitReign said:
Posting again since it was overlooked: can I play Witcher on medium settings on my laptop?

2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo
3 GB RAM
Vista SP2
Yes, you'll do okay @ 1280x800.

Javaman

Visualante said:
Gifting is never going to happen because third parties probably think people will buy the bundles if they own one or two of the games anyway.

What they should do is offer a slight discount for each previously owned game. I've turned down pack after pack thanks to not wanting to waste my money on games I already have.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Javaman said:
What they should do is offer a slight discount for each previously owned game. I've turned down pack after pack thanks to not wanting to waste my money on games I already have.
I agree. The indie pack is awesome, but I refuse to buy my 4th copy of World of Goo, even with the game being the greatest thing on Earth.

Pumpkins

ChoklitReign said:

2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo
3 GB RAM
Vista SP2

You can download the demo to see how it runs.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Javaman said:
Indeed.

I just bought the D2D version of the Indie games pack (Zeno Clash, Defense Grid: The Awakening, The Path, Democracy 2, and Cogs) for £11.50* also, which makes the likelyhood of biting on this deal a bit less likely.

Still, the 5 pack should sell a few at least, as the asking price covers World of Goo and basically throws you 4 games for free.

*Just a side note, for people who don't love D2D but want those games, for 2 of them (Zeno Clash and Defense Grid), D2D provide CD Keys that are usable on Steam upon purchase.

aeolist

Banned
I'd probably play Darwinia and kind of want Braid. Already have Everyday Shooter, Audiosurf, and World of Goo.

Are Gish and Crayon Physics good? Also what is Mr Robot, I've never even heard of it.

Alts

I already own two of the games in the 10 game indie pack. 2 isn't enough to make it not worth it, plus I would pay just to get the .ogg files for Everyday Shooter. Will definitely buy it tomorrow.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
epmode said:
God yes. It would be such a GAF darling if it were a console game.

Yeah, I just started playing the Witcher again for a second time last week. I love the game, even with some technical difficulties (stupid SLI issues). I'm halfway through and am just taking a break to finally go back to play through the Fallout 3 DLC. And honestly, I think the Witcher is a much better game between the two. In fact, there is quite a lot about Fallout 3 I don't like, but I can't stop playing it anyway (I know most of GAF would disagree, but when my friends ask me about Fallout 3, I describe it as a bad game that is fun anyway).

Just bought the giant indie pack on Steam... thinking about getting the D2D one too because I REALLY REALLY want Defensive Grid and Zeno Clash, and just for those two games alone it seems like a bargain...but then again I'm buying The Path twice, and some other games I couldn't care less about. Does Steam usually match D2D deals shortly after they have a deal? I noticed that D2D had the DoW2 deal first then Steam struck back with the same deal it seemed. Maybe I should wait to see what Steam deals might crop up for those two games I'm interested in.

tmaynard

aeolist said:
I'd probably play Darwinia and kind of want Braid. Already have Everyday Shooter, Audiosurf, and World of Goo.

Are Gish and Crayon Physics good? Also what is Mr Robot, I've never even heard of it.

Gish is one of my favorite PC games of all time. Crayon Physics is also very very fun and inventive. Both are very physics based, so if you like physics games you'll love them.

I just tried Mr. Robot and it seems pretty bad. The movement and controlling of my character seemed very clunky and aggravating.

Def Jukie said:
So I already own World of Goo and Audiosurf. Can I gift those to someone else if I buy this pack?

I would expect not. The only time Valve has done something like that is with the Orange Box.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I would buy that package if I didn't have a big enough back log and also own some of those game already, that being Braid and Blueberry Garden, and I wish I did not own Blueberry Garden.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Joseph Merrick said:
oh man Death to Spies Moment of Truth is up on steam now. everyone buy this amazing game. it looks insane in 3d aswell. :O

Is it actually good? I haven't had much luck finding reviews / impressions.

epmode

Odrion said:
Ugh, I caved and bought Trackmania and the indie pack. There goes my meal budget. :p
You are a better person for it. Trackmania is brilliant, not to mention about half of the indie pack.

Blizzard

Banned
epmode said:
You are a better person for it. Trackmania is brilliant, not to mention about half of the indie pack.
Not to derail (also where's your avatar?), but did you ever get your Mirror's Edge issue solved? I posted something about it.

epmode

Blizzard said:
Not to derail (also where's your avatar?), but did you ever get your Mirror's Edge issue solved? I posted something about it.
I was meaning to PM you about it but got distracted.

I've been emailing EA's WONDERFUL tech support about the problem for about 2 weeks now They keep trying to blame it on a firewall even through I'm able to connect to the login servers the instant I delete my savegame. ..and just to humor them, I tried disabling all software/hardware firewalls and connected directly to my modem. No go.

By the way, if I were to totally delete my savegame and associate a new savegame with a brand-new EA account, would the DLC still work? I already tied the retail cd-key and the DLC to my first EA account and I'm not sure how all that DRM stuff works.

Blizzard

Banned
epmode said:
I was meaning to PM you about it but got distracted.

I've been emailing EA's WONDERFUL tech support about the problem for about 2 weeks now They keep trying to blame it on a firewall even through I'm able to connect to the login servers the instant I delete my savegame. ..and just to humor them, I tried disabling all software/hardware firewalls and connected directly to my modem. No go.

By the way, if I were to totally delete my savegame and associate a new savegame with a brand-new EA account, would the DLC still work? I already tied the retail cd-key and the DLC to my first EA account and I'm not sure how all that DRM stuff works.
I'm not sure about the DLC. I have no idea how they would register it to an account, but I think you SHOULD be able to use it with a different savegame...and if you can't, you can always restore your old savegame and play it again with that.

*edit* He PMed me and apparently DLC is locked to a single EA account in your savefile. Good job, EA. X_X

i'd just like to mention that i've been playing Plants vs Zombies non stop for the last 3 weeks. really good value at 10 bucks, fun game.

rezuth

LovingSteam said:
Which ones have you played on the iPhone?
Westward, Snail Mail, Boonka Snap and Tradewinds 2. All of them are pretty good games except for Boonka Snap which tends to get a bit boring as it offers zero challenge. Their strategy games Westward and Tradewinds 2 are excellent with quite some content.

Dunlop

epmode said:
And I've heard (in this very thread + others) that some Canadians are having lots of trouble getting those keys in the first place so there's no way to update.

Let us know if it works out.

Received my key this morning. So it took under 3 hours (business days)

can't wait to play tonight :D

tmaynard

Davidion said:
I very may well have to buy the big ass pack and give away audiosurf and everyday shooter.

Unfortunately, you cannot give them away. If you bought them before, you don't get another copy.

LovingSteam said:
Have any of you purchased ANY Sandlot games? Be it on iphone, PC, etc...? I have no idea how they are although I am not expecting much. Would greatly appreciate reviews from any of you. Here are some of them:

http://store.steampowered.com/publisher/Sandlot%20Games/

I played a bunch of Tradewinds several years ago and can vouch for it as a decent basic trade sim. It's no Patrician 3, but it'll fit the bill. Better buy on the iPhone, though.

Zefah said:
Is it actually good? I haven't had much luck finding reviews / impressions.
yeah, it's awesome. love these. a bit simpler as far as missions go than hitman, a bit more limited and a bit more linear. there's always an insane amount of enemies on each level, so if you fuck up you might have to take out 50 guys hehe or reload a savegame, but it's always fun to try and stay alive (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1pqJPpmrkM&fmt=22). but pretty much exactly the same game as hitman. the demo mission was really nice-- http://www.gamershell.com/download_49124.shtml

epmode

Doytch said:
Anyone have thoughts on Ceville? Adventuregamers.com gave it 4/5 and were largely positive, so I'm interested.
I played the demo back when it hit Steam and was suprised by the excellent voice acting. That isn't very common in games developed by non-English speaking countries.

Never actually bought the game but this seems like a good time.

Smash88

Banned
I thought Trackmania United Forever was on Sale until August 10, today is August 10 and they took it down. God damnit! Guess I'll wait for the next sale.

webrunner

Smash88 said:
I thought Trackmania United Forever was on Sale until August 10, today is August 10 and they took it down. God damnit! Guess I'll wait for the next sale.

I found out myself at Christmas that Steam sale end dates are exclusive, not inclusive: it ends at some point on that day (usually in the morning)

graywolf323

Doytch said:
Anyone have thoughts on Ceville? Adventuregamers.com gave it 4/5 and were largely positive, so I'm interested.

IGN gave it a 9.0 as well

I think I'll grab it later this week when I get paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom