• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proc said:
Add me to that list...I own DoW2, titan quest, and stalker and am actually looking for a "real" rts with an active community.
lol

I wish I didn't already own almost all of these games, as I would jump on this ridiculous deal.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Crash Time 2 Now Available
August 27, 2009, 11:07 am - Valve - Product Release
Solve exciting criminal cases on the mean streets as member of the autobahn police force - or freely explore the open game world at nearly 200mph in Crash Time 2, now available via Steam.

With fully destructible cars, arcade gameplay, outstanding graphics and stunning slow-mo effects, Crash Time 2 puts you right in the driver seat, ready to burn rubber.

Save 10% when you buy before September 3!

Shard said:
Crash Time 2 Now Available

I have the first game on Xbox360 and really like it for some reason. I picked it up on the cheap and despite the horrible reviews have had fun with it. It's low-budget and cheesy but still fun, kinda like EDF2097.

Proc said:
Add me to that list...I own DoW2, titan quest, and stalker and am actually looking for a "real" rts with an active community. DoW seems like it would've fit the bill. Maybe they'll have a DoW pack deal come friday.

company of heroes has a very robust community.

Dr. Zoidberg said:
I have the first game on Xbox360 and really like it for some reason. I picked it up on the cheap and despite the horrible reviews have had fun with it. It's low-budget and cheesy but still fun, kinda like EDF2097.

Part 2 is also coming to North America thanks to a Canadian Distributor (can remember the name). But for sure not for US$ 17.99. I have the Xbox 360 version (German game) and it is fun (cheesy type of fan).

Dr. Zoidberg said:
Yeah I found the crash time 360 demo fun, if I can find it for cheap I would probably pick it up.

colinp

Banned
Wow, I have been looking at picking up Company of Heroes, Dawn of War I or II, STALKER and Titan's Quest recently... After kicking myself about missing the previous Relic deal this just might be my ticket. Woo Steam weekend deals!

Volcynika

New BASE jumping game Aaaaa! Available for Pre-purchase. Buy now and save 10% - plus get a free game!

August 27, 2009, 4:29 pm - Valve

Pre-purchase AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity before September 3rd and get 10% off the normal price. Plus get The Wonderful End of the World for Free!

Hinomura

I've tried The Wonderful End Of The World demo, and since it's a complete Katamari Damashii rip-off I'm so going to buy the Aaaa(...)aaa + Tweotw deal! :D

kswiston

graywolf323 said:
wow that really kills the weekend deal a little while back :| ugh I'm beginning not to trust Steam

I'm only slightly disappointed. Got all the Company of Heroes, Dawn of War, and Dawn of War 2 games for $50 a few weeks back. Would have been nice to get Titan Quest, Soulstorm, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in there for another $25, but I couldn't care less about the rest.

I sort of prefer the smaller deals to tell you the truth (like droplitz for $2). While these mega packs are always going the absolute best deals, $75 is well out of impulse buy range. Even if it gets you 13 games.

grif1020 said:
Ubisoft just added Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for 10$, currently 10% off. They also made more of their library worldwide.

FUCK YES! I've been waiting for this forever since the retail version had Starforce. I have all the other SCs for PC except what everyone says is the best one.

Now if only my backlog weren't 25 games long...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw Chaos Theory pop up on Steam when I turned on my computer this morning. I've heard a lot of good things about it, so I think I will pick it up later. I've never really played the Splinter Cell games other than a bit of the first one (which I bought on Steam a few months ago).

ugh, i own all company of heroes, but no dawn of wars nor titan quest nor stalker.... but 75 bucks isn't the kind of money i can just spend like nothing. plus i have a big backlog of games!! ugh...

Doytch

evil solrac v3.0 said:
ugh, i own all company of heroes, but no dawn of wars nor titan quest nor stalker.... but 75 bucks isn't the kind of money i can just spend like nothing. plus i have a big backlog of games!! ugh...

Save your money and clear the backlog. And you can use the extra money you save to drink away your sorrows when the Yanks get bounced in the LDS woooooooo!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
zombieshavebrains said:
Meh 25 bucks off all that doesn't seem like that big of a deal. All i would want out of that pack is all of CoH for about 10 maybe 15 bucks.
The big part is that DoW2 was previously not a part of it, so it's a good bonus considering it's only half a year old (and damn good).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TheExodu5 said:
Does Chaos Theory support widescreen 16:10? (1680*1050)

The game supports widescreen (16:9 and 16:10) natively but I don't remember if it has that resolution specifically. You can definitely manually edit it, and I think the FOV needs to be edited as well to make it a proper Hor+ widescreen.

This link should help: Widescreen Gaming Forum

Chaos Theory is so tempting. I have a ton of other games to play, but I've heard nothing but amazing things about it.

Ugh...must...resist....
I'm probably going to buy it. Unless it's borked for Vista, even then I'm getting windows 7 within a week from MSDNAA

dLMN8R

Are you guys sure Chaos Theory even supports Vista/Win7? The page makes no mention of Starforce, but its inclusion in the retail version meant it was never supported in anything but XP.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
dLMN8R said:
Are you guys sure Chaos Theory even supports Vista/Win7? The page makes no mention of Starforce, but its inclusion in the retail version meant it was never supported in anything but XP.
The store page says it works in 2000 or XP. No mention of Vista.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Could anyone answer this question for me regarding gift giving?

If a game comes out in America on one date and Europe another, can it be gifted by an American to a European over steam before its released in Europe? And will it work? I ask because this situation is coming up and it sucks :(

dLMN8R said:
Usually when a Steam game is using 3rd-party DRM above Steam itself, it says so on the game's page (Crysis Warhead for example says Securom 5-machine limit). There's no such indication on the SCCT page.

drkOne

Mr Cola said:

If a game comes out in America on one date and Europe another, can it be gifted by an American to a European over steam before its released in Europe? And will it work? I ask because this situation is coming up and it sucks :(

It'll work and you'll most likely be able to play it on the date it is released in America, but that I can't say for sure.

Really liked The Wonderful End of the World demo and Aaaaa! looks fun, so I guess I'm biting. And getting Chaos Theory too, if it works on Vista.

Capndrake

Mr Cola said:

It doesn't even a matter if a game is never coming to Europe, if it's gifted to you by someone from another region you can install and play it perfectly fine.

senahorse

Colour me shocked, Chaos Theory on Aussie Steam...:D

Now if anyone has any experience running it on 64bit Windows 7 at 1980x1080/1200 I would love to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom