• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Berry

Banned
x3n05 said:
Colour me shocked, Chaos Theory on Aussie Steam...:D

Now if anyone has any experience running it on 64bit Windows 7 at 1980x1080/1200 I would love to know.

At first I was like "I'm gonna buy that shit ASAP" then I was like "Dude, you already have this game it came with your old 7600 gpu free" then I was like "fuck, where are my old ass PC games" then it was like "Oh shit, there they are in that huge spindle, fuck, this will take ages to go through to find one disk" Then it was like "HOLY SHIT, the first grab of disks I pulled up releaved Chaos Theory" and I was like "I can't really be fucked installing this old ass game and grabbed another Johnny Walker and coke" then I was like "Oh yeah..."

senahorse

G_Berry said:
At first I was like "I'm gonna buy that shit ASAP" then I was like "Dude, you already have this game it came with your old 7600 gpu free" then I was like "fuck, where are my old ass PC games" then it was like "Oh shit, there they are in that huge spindle, fuck, this will take ages to go through to find one disk" Then it was like "HOLY SHIT, the first grab of disks I pulled up releaved Chaos Theory" and I was like "I can't really be fucked installing this old ass game and grabbed another Johnny Walker and coke" then I was like "Oh yeah..."

Haha, what a wonderful little story, and thanks, now you made me go pour a bourbon and coke :lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
sevenchaos said:
Still unable to download Chaos Theory. Keeps saying the server is busy which is bullshit.

Same here. Is this a region-based thing? Where are you located? Japan here...

epmode

Isn't this another one of those bullshit Ubisoft ports that doesn't include controller support? And no, XPadder isn't the same.

epmode said:
Isn't this another one of those bullshit Ubisoft ports that doesn't include controller support? And no, XPadder isn't the same.

Chaos Theory? I recall playing it on PC a couple years ago and it worked fine with a controller, no third party applications needed.

Inkwell

Banned
I'm not a fan of stealth games, but I loved chaos theory. Every once in a while I look over at my game shelf and see it there. I have this impulse to install it, but then realize that it has starforce. I don't know if it really can cause your drive to die, but I don't want to take the chance and even have it installed on my pc. I bought double agent when it was on sale, but I barely touched it. Maybe I'll get around to it sometime when I'm more in the mood for that type of game.

Doytch said:
Yeah, I'm sort of hoping they stripped Starforce.

If I'm not mistaken, Steam usually says if there is other drm included with the game. I don't see it on the chaos theory steam page.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn I was really looking forward to playing Chaos Theory tonight. I hope they get this broken download stuff fixed.

Tenks

Man thats alot of good games that I don't own for $75. Don't think I'd ever find time to really get to them all though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Save 25-30% on Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood this weekend only!
August 28, 2009, 11:38 am - Valve - General Announcement

Save 30% (in the US, 25% elsewhere) on Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. Set in the old west in 1864 this western-themed action shooter has a dual collaborative mode and lots of online multiplayer features.

DMczaf

Weekend Deal - 50% Off All Rebellion Titles

Which means, you can get Judge Dredd for $3.99!!

0000007630.1024x768.jpg

YEAH!

Mrbob

You lost, DM! You can't beat me! :D

I might pick up Judge Dredd for 4 bucks though. Maybe it will be as good as Batman?!? :lol

Blizzard

Banned
Shard said:
Save 25-30% on Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood this weekend only!
August 28, 2009, 11:38 am - Valve - General Announcement

Save 30% (in the US, 25% elsewhere) on Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. Set in the old west in 1864 this western-themed action shooter has a dual collaborative mode and lots of online multiplayer features.
I -highly- recommend Call of Juarez if you have any interest in a western game. Remember that you can use a config file option or D3DOverrider to force vsync and fix tearing on PC too, and the game runs pretty smoothly in general! $35 seems like a good price too, though not as good as when I got that game and the original for $25 each in effect due to the preorder thing. :D

Chaos Theory works under Windows 7! Looks like they got rid of Starforce as it only checked for DirectX the first time I launched it. Play about five minutes into the first mission. Good times.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
XIII Century: Gold Edition Now Available
August 28, 2009, 2:19 pm - Valve
XIII Century: Gold Edition combines the strategy game XIII Century: Death or Glory with the follow-up sequel, XIII Century: Blood of Europe. The game has beautiful looking maps, with realistic representations of actual medieval European battlefields, tons of historical weapons and thousands of warriors to command.

DMczaf said:
Weekend Deal - 50% Off All Rebellion Titles

Which means, you can get Judge Dredd for $3.99!!

0000007630.1024x768.jpg

YEAH!
I'm sure I remember the xbox version looking a "little" better then that, it was a cool game though.

aeolist

Banned
Chaos Theory starts up fine but it doesn't have any kind of in-game configuration and I can't figure out how to change any of the settings. I found some likely looking config files with resolution options in them but editing them accomplished nothing.

Pretty disappointed here.

fatty

Having a problem with opening Steam with my Windows 7 shortcut.

Right now I'm using Windows 7 RC but I have my Steam games stored on a separate partition. Ran the Steam installer from within the folder and everything is fine...until I try to start the game from the desktop shortcut or start menu. It keeps wanting to reinstall steam.

I was thinking it might be because the games are on a seperate partition and I don't have the option to 'Run as Adminstrator' when right clicking the shortcut (and it is greyed out when I'm in properties).

The shortcut is pointed to the correct folder but double clicking causes it to try to install again and I then get a message like "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." Then it asks for me to point to the folder containing the installation package 'SteamInstall.msi'.

I can always run Steam from within that folder but this shortcut thing is bugging me and I'd like to know why it is acting this way (and why administrator privileges don't show up). Thanks.

Edit: I ended up doing a complete unistall and reinstall (moved my steamapps folder and skins) and that seems to do the trick. Hopefully restarting the computer won't affect things, either.

Man I might consider getting Call of Juarez if the deal extended to the UK, as it stands now £35 for a DIGITAL COPY of a PC game? Fuck right off Steam :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just as heads up to people who are suckers for deals, using the mouse to aim in Judge Dredd is some awful shit and there is no controller support. Using the mouse feels really floaty and changing sensitivity doesn't help it.

Joe Molotov

Been playing The Wonderful End of the World, this game is pretty sweet. If AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity is as good, then it will have been $13.50 well spent.

senahorse

aeolist said:
Chaos Theory starts up fine but it doesn't have any kind of in-game configuration and I can't figure out how to change any of the settings. I found some likely looking config files with resolution options in them but editing them accomplished nothing.

Pretty disappointed here.

You have to first select the gametype, e.g. solo and then you have access to the settings.

Running it on Windows 7 64bit, everything maxed at 1920x1200 (about to set to 1080P for couch gaming) and on shader model 3.0 (can't use AA if using a shader model other than 1.1). Looks and runs fine.

Joe Molotov said:
Been playing The Wonderful End of the World, this game is pretty sweet. If AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity is as good, then it will have been $13.50 well spent.

Oh it definitely is. I preordered from the site a while back and have been near addicted to it since, the game awesomely recreates the feeling of falling. Runs on pretty much anything, too.

Daigoro

Joseph Merrick said:
more importantly Sniper Elite for 3,50 eurons. great game

thank you kindly.

i was just looking at this game last week and almost bought it, but i bought COH randomly instead.

i searched on GAF but there was very little fanfare. im glad someone has played it at least.

at this price im buying it right now. it looks like a lot of fun

ghst

thanks for the laugh
randomlyrossy said:
Man I might consider getting Call of Juarez if the deal extended to the UK, as it stands now £35 for a DIGITAL COPY of a PC game? Fuck right off Steam :lol

it just doesn't make any sense.

that is, until you start to consider pressure from eu retail.

Almak

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is Evil Genius any good? Or should I just get dredd and sniper elite?
Have you ever played Dungeon Keeper? If you did its pretty much that. If you didn't, get Evil Genius anyway. Its a great game and an absolute steal at that price.

mike0513

Banned
Just beat the Witcher, kind of ...dunno.....the game is awesome at times, but there is just too damn much backtracking/bitchwork to make it an awesome experience the whole way through.

TheExodu5

Banned
The Call of Juarez demo was not very fun, and the game suffers from the worst pop-in I've ever seen (objects on buildings actually change location when you reach the LOD barrier).

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory looks friggin amazing on the PC. It looks a lot better than I would have expected. The infrared mode looks pretty incredible at 60fps v-synced. So smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom