• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
markot said:
Whats the online community/experience like in sf4 for pc?

Not very good. Laggy matches to hell and back. This might be due in part to playing against people with underperforming computers.

That being said...the PC port is awesome otherwise.

Also, if you don't have a joystick, give the keyboard a shot. It's a much better controller than I would have imagined. QCF and dragon punches are so incredibly easy to pull off with the keyboard. The only hard thing to pull off on the keyboard for me is down->up for characters like C. Viper, since you need to use the same finger for both keys. This could be remedied by trying to adjust to something other than the arrow keys for movement.

I could imagine something like this:

Keypad 1 -> left
Keypad 2 -> down
Keypad 3 -> right
Keypad Enter -> up

Then you'd have one finger for each motion. I could actually imagine the keyboard being the best controller in the end, even better than a joystick, in terms of pure performance, due to the sheer speed of the keys and ability to use 4 fingers on each hand.

I'm still using my TE though, since I have one.

Interfectum

TheExodu5 said:
Not very good. Laggy matches to hell and back. This might be due in part to playing against people with underperforming computers.

Weird I haven't experience much lag at all and there are always people to play. Most of them suck though, which makes me feel better about myself. :lol

Firehead

Caesar III said:
I think I'll bite at SFIV for 19€!
Anno for 20 bucks would be awesome as well.

You can play "Splitscreen" in SFIV on one PC, right?

Yep!
Edit: Be sure to disable V-Sync and change frame rate to fixed.

I will buy SF4 as soon as I get home. For some reason I never was able to complete a purchase using Steam website, it always gives me an error at the end, after the paypal payment... (but it does not charge me).

scarybore

Finally bought SFIV. I've been waiting for it to have an acceptable price on UK Steam before buying but I was expecting to have to wait for the Christmas/New Year sales at the earliest, I'm glad I don't have to wait that long. :D

Oreoleo

God that is a really tempting deal for SF4. I was thinking about getting Section 8 today or tomorrow but now I don't know... How is SF4 singleplayer?? I'm not into fighters (Except for my DoA guilty pleasure) so I don't know if I would take it online a whole lot.

BananaBomb said:
Does Impulse have its own thread? Because there's an absolutely insane set of deals on it this weekend.

I don't know if there's an Impulse-specific thread, but someone made a general gaming deals thread the other day if you're looking to post them somewhere. I don't have a link for it offhand.

SlickVic

Does Steam email you the CD Key when you buy it? Reason I ask is the Steam client is blocked on my network so I can't get the client online but GFWL works fine. Wondering if they email the CD Key and I can just enter it into Street Fighter IV GFWL directly without having to connect the Steam client online.

careksims

I just knew if I waited long enough, I can get SF4 for a low price. Now if I can get Trine and such. Long live the weekend Steam deals! :D

Lothars

DigitalSoul said:
Was Splinter Cell: CT a limited time thing? Its not available for purchase anymore :(

Nope it's not limited but I believe they weren't giving out cd key's when people bought it, so maybe it's something that's being sorted out and will be back on soon.

Yasser

i'm having a weird issue with steam under windows 7: demos don't seem to work. i tried the batman demo and fear 2 dlc demo a few moments ago and when i click launch nothing happens. full games like l4d, football manager 09 and tf2 work fine. is there a fix for this?

So is anyone going to pre-purchase Majesty 2 besides me? I have been looking forward to this sequel for a long time. I don't typically like games like Majesty but the first game sucked me in. I am pissed though that the pre-order for this comes with Majesty Gold for free but it won't work on a 64bit system :/.

200+ matches on SF4 pc and only a few have been laggy when unexpected, otherwise the only time I get online lag is playing people with orange/red ping bars.

EvilDick34 said:
So is anyone going to pre-purchase Majesty 2 besides me? I have been looking forward to this sequel for a long time. I don't typically like games like Majesty but the first game sucked me in. I am pissed though that the pre-order for this comes with Majesty Gold for free but it won't work on a 64bit system :/.

I was going to this week but had a $90 board game order (grrr, shipping from the UK) derail pretty much all my funtime purchases for the next two weeks. Definitely am looking forward to the sequel-the developers know how to make a good hardcore gaming product (Fantasy Wars) and certain Majesty 2 is a bit of a larger production. Based on the updates we've seen so far they are not messing with the base formula too much, just modernizing the gameplay and expanding it.

Firehead

EvilDick34 said:
No, you're not alone. :D Loved Majesty Gold!

Jirotrom

TheExodu5 said:

Also, if you don't have a joystick, give the keyboard a shot. It's a much better controller than I would have imagined. QCF and dragon punches are so incredibly easy to pull off with the keyboard. The only hard thing to pull off on the keyboard for me is down->up for characters like C. Viper, since you need to use the same finger for both keys. This could be remedied by trying to adjust to something other than the arrow keys for movement.

I could imagine something like this:

Keypad 1 -> left
Keypad 2 -> down
Keypad 3 -> right
Keypad Enter -> up

Then you'd have one finger for each motion. I could actually imagine the keyboard being the best controller in the end, even better than a joystick, in terms of pure performance, due to the sheer speed of the keys and ability to use 4 fingers on each hand.

I'm still using my TE though, since I have one.
I don't get lag... you have to tell people to change their option to FIXED I believe. SFIV is best on PC imo

Jirotrom

Wow at impulse... I'd never heard of it... good for Stardock they are great devs and there distribution seems awesome... I would love to buy Dawn of Discovery.

The only thing keeping me from Dawn of Discovery is that damn TAGES... So it's three activations (which by itself is almost a deal breaker), but I've heard some things like a constant internet connection being required to play. Just how bad is this thing?

BananaBomb said:
The only thing keeping me from Dawn of Discovery is that damn TAGES... So it's three activations (which by itself is almost a deal breaker), but I've heard some things like a constant internet connection being required to play. Just how bad is this thing?
Yeah, that's what stopped me from buying the game.

Inkwell

Banned
Volcynika said:
Anyone else notice that KOTOR is now on Steam for $9.99?

I have been waiting for this to be on steam for a while. I missed out on the game the first time around. I think I'll wait and see if they end up putting a KOTOR 1&2 pack up there. Either way, this game is so bought.

Varna

Hell yeah. KOTOR is mine. Hopefully they will release part two very soon (not to mention the entire Jedi Knight series!).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm praying that Lucasarts releases Rogue Squadron on Steam too. I have so many awesome memories of playing that game with a joystick.

Big-E

Any chance KOTOR II is coming soon? Never got around to playing that and if it is the same price as KOTOR, it will be as good as bought.

Varna

Thinking about it now. KOTOR 2 to this day still has some major game stopping bugs. If they did release it they would have to do something about that (at least I hope they would).

Slavik81

colinp said:
Is KOTOR PC a good port?
It crashed on me every hour or so, people's heads occasionally disappeared, I encountered a few areas with giant purple checkerboards all over them, and there's basically no adjustable graphics options to speak of, but aside from that it was technically proficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom