• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit rubbish? Performance is crap on my 7970.
IIRC, there's something you can do to trick the game into thinking you're using an nVidia GPU and it'll increase the performance by quite a bit, I can't remember how to do it unfortunately, but I'm sure if you look around the steam forums on TASM it'll pop up soon enough.

I originally was getting about 12FPS on my 6850 on low settings, tricked the game into thinking I was using a 560ti and I got 30+FPS on high settings, bit weird.

Why aren't the Spiderman dlcs discounted :(

No idea, but that reminds me, I've never actually played TASM's DLC, I bought it a while back but never bothered giving them a shot since I was so busy with finding the different spider-man outfits, I'll have to give them a try one day.

What's the site for searching the Steam database? I want to see if Wolf Among Us has any region-locks. Some nice offers on TF2Outpost.

Grief.exe

the framerate alone is a HUGE difference, what the fuck is going on today... I hate this "what it could have been" shitstorm thats going on with DS2 lightning

It is very strange. From looks to be delivering an excellent port, one that fills in the entirety of my wishlist.

Native resolution support
high frame rate (hopefully above 60 for those that apply)
higher resolution textures/shadows
AO/AA/AF

Sure, it sucks that we won't ever reach the potential of the TGS/Reveal footage, but some of these opinions in the Dark Souls II PC thread are a complete joke.

MUnited83

For you.
Epic can fuck off with their Fortnite crap untl they patch GFWL out ofBulletstorm.

Will buy Amazing Spider-man when I get home. I hope that in the next weeks the transformer titles go on a sale too. Btw, can anyone tell me how many keys are people asking for ASM? On my vita right now so I cant check right now.

Also, opinions on crash time 2?

Lunaniem

Epic can fuck off with their Fortnite crap untl they patch GFWL out ofBulletstorm.

Will buy Amazing Spider-man when I get home. I hope that in the next weeks the transformer titles go on a sale too. Btw, can anyone tell me how many keys are people asking for ASM? On my vita right now so I cant check right now.

Also, opinions on crash time 2?

I'm seeing 3 keys on TF2O for Spider-man.

Stitch

Gold Member
IIRC, there's something you can do to trick the game into thinking you're using an nVidia GPU and it'll increase the performance by quite a bit, I can't remember how to do it unfortunately, but I'm sure if you look around the steam forums on TASM it'll pop up soon enough.

I originally was getting about 12FPS on my 6850 on low settings, tricked the game into thinking I was using a 560ti and I got 30+FPS on high settings, bit weird.

Maybe this?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/212580/discussions/0/828925849355197850/#c828925849477117777

I think I did this. Performance was better but it still wasn't really good. 20-40 FPS with lots of weird lag. Man, really a shame because the game was kinda fun. And the performance was pretty good when I still had my Nvidia card... :3

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut just got released.

Owners of the old one get 85% discount

Director’s Cut features new ship models, improved textures and lighting, a restructured campaign, the Heroes of the Fleet mission pack and the Marauder and Raptor Strike Suits.

I think i should finally play this, i backed the Kickstarter and never played it for more than a hour :p

Backlogger

If anyone was interested in picking it up GameAgent.com has Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition for $5 (Steamplay) today only and I believe they are limited in the number of keys at that price. You must have or a create an account and add it to your cart from the member dashboard.

Edit: There are complaints about it being a bad PC port, but I kind of want it anyway

Maybe this?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/212580/discussions/0/828925849355197850/#c828925849477117777

I think I did this. Performance was better but it still wasn't really good. 20-40 FPS with lots of weird lag. Man, really a shame because the game was kinda fun. And the performance was pretty good when I still had my Nvidia card... :3
Yeah that's the one.
It is a shame the PC port isn't so good, you'd think after so long Beenox would have figured out how to do a good PC port by now(they've been porting to PC since Tony Hawk Underground, maybe even before then)

Fingers crossed the next game is a better port.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm seeing 3 keys on TF2O for Spider-man.
Nice, definitely getting one at that price.

If anyone was interested in picking it up GameAgent.com has Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition for $5 (Steamplay) today only and I believe they are limited in the number of keys at that price. You must have or a create an account and add it to your cart from the member dashboard.
I was waiting for this deal. I hope they dont run out of keys before i get home :/

derExperte

I think i should finally play this, i backed the Kickstarter and never played it fore more than a hour :p

Here's the German review from 4p I just read: http://www.4players.de/4players.php/dispbericht/Allgemein/Test/27948/80417/0/Strike_Suit_Zero.html Better difficulty curve, easier start, improved graphics, new missions, paying for the upgrade seems to be worth it.

RealMeat

Banned
I'm tempted to get Spider Man just for the Stan Lee DLC.
ss_553acdaac3cf160932160c45b7829fe460e1e017.1920x1080.jpg

It is very strange. From looks to be delivering an excellent port, one that fills in the entirety of my wishlist.

AO/AA/AF

Sure, it sucks that we won't ever reach the potential of the TGS/Reveal footage, but some of these opinions in the Dark Souls II PC thread are a complete joke.

It looks like a solid port, besides the lighting engine that was removed in all versions the PC seems to be the way to go.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I think i should finally play this, i backed the Kickstarter and never played it fore more than a hour :p

Nice, I was hoping it'd be a separate app. And speaking of new releases, more Strategy First stuff:

The entire town has been put into a deep, dark sleep by a mysterious evil force. Now young Lillian must find allies and uncover the dark secrets of voodoo in order to save her master and free her friends before it is too late.

Avoid is a fast-paced arcade game that will test your reflexes!

A violent murder has awoken a small town with a troubled past, they thought that chapter was over with, but has it returned?

Each is 15% off ($4.24) for the next week.

Dr Dogg

AO/AA/AF

And this is why I've stayed out of this. Dark Souls by it's very nature is a series that really rewards exploration and the emergent world telling the story. The fact that so many people have spent so much time analyzing every little morsel of information available, be it sexed up reval footage or demo builds, to even console footage. They were always going to be more judgemental than just staying in the dark.

I hope the interest you've had in the whole ordeal doesn't take the shine off the game for you as you've been really looking forward to it but I've seen next to nothing of the game so can go in pretty much blind and only hold it to the first game. Even then I'm sure subconsciously all the talk about downgrades will have me looking at things in a different light.

Tizoc

Hahaha just download a portable version of your favourite browser and paste the links in there. Unless your silly and stick your info in there you'll be fine.

GOG.com and the Steam Store seam fine from what I've looked at but Community is still returning lots. PlayFire.com as well but GreenmanGaming.com comes back fine.

I accessed GOG.com and playfire earlier today >_>;

Nabs

Couldn't help myself:

ibn3SVznZkBEfQ.png

AO/AA/AF

Yeah, I'm out of that thread and all Dark Souls II threads until I finish it. I'm happy the port seems super-solid.

Dr Dogg

I accessed GOG.com and playfire earlier today >_>;

Hahaha I don't know how high up the list of peoples priorities gog or playfire are but I'd say there are bigger fish to fry than those two. Yahoo users could be in for a lot of headaches for a start. I even had a wobble when LastPass' name came up. Though that is apparently not an issue.

Edit: There are complaints about it being a bad PC port, but I kind of want it anyway

Thanks for the reminder. Bought. I'll buy my remaining Star Wars games on the May 4th sale. Unfortunately, I don't know if there will be an Indiana Jones sale ever. :(

AO/AA/AF

Pretty sad that it's still inferior to Durante's work on the original, I didn't even see a hud scaler, hopefully it is cfg ini etc tweakable in some way, that's still not enough IQ options for me to be happy. We'll see I guess.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
What's the site for searching the Steam database? I want to see if Wolf Among Us has any region-locks. Some nice offers on TF2Outpost.

You just made me pick it up. I think you can tell if a game's locked to outside your region during trading as it brings up a warning on the little description that you get hovering over the item.

Disappointing. FROM, why you do this?

Eh.

Am I the only one hoping for From to backport DS1 to DS2 tech? Would love to have 60fps without geometry errors. :\

I don't really care as long as it can still be modded to use DSFix and the HD textures and stuff. :p

dark souls 2 looks good enough to me, some areas look poop but I'll probably walk through them in like 5 seconds, but some of the environments look nice.

I'm just glad the cloth animations are still in :p

It doesn't look great to me at all... not for a AAA game in 2014. That downgrade from the demo footage still stings and while I have a preorder, I'll be hopefully waiting to see if the modding community can do anything for the game before I bother with it, I think.

Too lazy to watch DS2 footae, bu whats the verdict?

McKayla-Maroney-Not-Impressed-Face-Receiving-Medal.gif

That's the opposite of my reaction. I think mine was more like "So what?". :lol

--

So I booted up Sleeping Dogs last night and set the resolution to native for my display (1824x1026) and the graphics to extreme settings... and then I pushed it to full screen. It stays fullscreen for all of 5 seconds before kicking itself back into a window. Anyone know how to fix this?

Anteater

I guess you haven't read the watchdogs threads :p

It doesn't look great to me at all... not for a AAA game in 2014. That downgrade from the demo footage still stings and while I have a preorder, I'll be hopefully waiting to see if the modding community can do anything for the game before I bother with it, I think.

I think an enb mod can make it look really good but the author for that unfortunately don't like dark souls >_>

Grief.exe

Despite the increased budget over the original, Dark Souls isn't really a AAA game. From have been very successful in eking out a profit in a niche market for decades.

Expecting visuals and voice acting on level with something like The Last of Us is a little ridiculous.

I guess you haven't read the watchdogs threads :p

No, I don't care about Watch Dogs at all.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Tempted by the ASM game, but at that RU price :p

But you all speak Spanish so it may be all the same the thing. xD
In the same vein that Brazil and Portugal are the same?

I think i should finally play this, i backed the Kickstarter and never played it for more than a hour :p
Nice, will get.

Dr Dogg

Expecting visuals and voice acting on level with something like The Last of Us is a little ridiculous.

Pfft Peter Serafinowicz > Troy Baker any day of the week.

Apparently, as of a few days ago, the Free to Play-themed Dota 2 items are no longer being offered in Genuine quality. Listings for the Genuine set now begin at the $30 mark, so if you bought the DLC pack early and held on to it, it won't be long before you'll be making a nice profit.

Thanks to spin for the heads-up. And I totally didn't just post this in the Dark Souls 2 PC thread by mistake. :p

Hahaha well they both start with a d and end in a 2 and both have developed a very unhealthy following. Easy mistake to make :p.

Apparently, as of a few days ago, the Free to Play-themed Dota 2 items are no longer being offered in Genuine quality. Listings for the Genuine set now begin at the $30 mark, so if you bought the DLC pack early and held on to it, it won't be long before you'll be making a nice profit.

Thanks to spin for the heads-up. And I totally didn't just post this in the Dark Souls 2 PC thread by mistake. :p

Jase how much are the items in the thinkgeek dota 2 shirts? http://www.thinkgeek.com/brain/whereisit.cgi?t=dota

Grief.exe

Garcia wrote up some great points after watching the Giant Bomb Quick Look

Some highlights having watched that QL:

• The PC version actually has a framerate unlike the PS3 version which is a continuous mess going from the low 20s to the upper 40s depending on what's going on the screen.
  • Reflections on metal objects give the game a polished look that's clearly missing in consoles. There's even a slight glare surrounding your character that is missing in the PS3 version (and which was already present in the first Dark Souls). The Pursuer looks really good and, as a consequence, I'm sure the Mirror Knight will greatly benefit from this.
  • The game looks slightly darker now. The interior halls of Forest of Fallen Giants are a good reference point. Unlit areas don't look as bright as they do on consoles; it is a shame that we didn't get the lighting back.
  • Enemies that already looked ugly on consoles still look ugly on PC (Conquistador mobs as an example), however, their reflective and shiny armors make them feel and look contextually "all right". Heide's giants looked like utter crap on the PS3; they now look just badly designed so I guess that's some extra points.
  • Loading times are similar to those in the original Dark Souls on PC. This is (for me) the best selling point of the game since you will be seeing those screens somewhere between 300 to 600 times during your first playthrough. I just did the math: 600 loading screens on PS3 are equal to 3 whole hours (180 minutes) doing absolutely nothing but staring at the TV. The same 600 screens on PC will take 40 minutes. That's almost 5x faster.
  • Pop-in is still present in the PC version but to a much lesser degree.
  • Menu lag is completely gone (Praise the Sun!).

In other news, Fortnite, looks great.

Any mention of Steam?

Dambrosi

Banned
Some spares from the new Bundle Stars for y'all:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dambrosi:
You pervert, we all know you only bought it for Ayumi's teenage arse.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Knights and Merchants - -- MB-E61F1549DBDD6FDD - Taken by Sammichu. 3 entrants total.
Rune Classic -- MB-AF50175A6916AA21 - Taken by gabbo. 4 entrants total.
Hoard Complete Pack -- MB-2D38C0D84B5DC194 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.

t1396980607z1.png
Yeah, yeah, I know X-Blades is supposed to be crap, but i already have Blades of time, and wanted to complete the set, so...

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Steam gaf, it's so good to be back... With a new gaming rig. My old pc was a dinosaur from 09 and I upgraded because DkS II was around the corner. Now I'll finally be able to play Witcher 2, Metro, and others. Playing Gone Home now, and I have a bunch of stuff from the xmas sale lined up. Excited.

Can't wait to double dip on DkS II, looks like I can retire the ps3 version for good.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Syder Arcade -- MB-59C5172460D2464C - Taken by Deques. 6 entrants total.
Savant Ascent -- MB-F3EBD269A2687C94 - Taken by Abomination. 4 entrants total.
The Shivah -- MB-DB8D573CE93AB198 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 13 entrants total.

t1396981193z1.png

def sim

Despite the increased budget over the original, Dark Souls isn't really a AAA game. From have been very successful in eking out a profit in a niche market for decades.

Yeah, standards for this game has become so unreasonable that From are now considered a triple A developer. These are the people behind Chromehounds, Armored Core, and King's Field. They make likable games with a small and dedicated fanbase, but one or two popular games aren't going to put them within the same league as Bungie, Naughty Dog, or Rockstar budget-wise. It's unfortunate they misled people with their vertical slice demo, because it's certainly made people lose perspective.

Aaron D.

I might actually enjoy this, but a little pricey. Anyone here tried it yet?

I've played the previous TML title in this franchise, Bus-Simulator 2012. It's pretty decent. Slightly above average for the vehicle sim genre. I'd score it a B-.

If you really want to take on a bus simulator, you might be better off looking into OMSI 2. The learning curve can be pretty steep as virtually every button on and around the console is usable, but it's also rewarding as heck. Sound design is off the chain too. Most consider it the premier bus sim franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom