• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Tell me about it.

Every night it feels like 3 more pages to go through. I blame the aussies
Yeah, that's why we switched to monthly threads, these are growing fast :)

But we don't even have Brazil's prices :/

Fuck this shit, I'm moving to Origin.

And those aren't even region locked. I don't understand anything anymore.
Origin is worse, EA thinks we are in Spain or something :(

That would be why I said "caught in the crossfire". ;)
Indeed, because no one gives a shit about us (maybe except 2K <3)

The issue with the Heartbleed bug is that it was not disclosed responsibly by one of the teams that was working on it. Normally when something like this happens, the patch is released, then people upgrade, then the vulnerability is disclosed. One of the teams working on it did disclose responsibly, and another did not.

This is the reason why it was not disclosed responsibly:
http://techrights.org/2014/04/08/howard-schmidt-codenomicon/

Pretty ugly, actually.
Wow, that's really nasty if true.

Brace yourselves. Giant Broforce giveaway MIGHT be coming.
Nice, hype GET

derExperte

Secret Ponchos, formerly only announced for PS4, is coming to Steam too.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/04/08/shhh-secret-ponchos-is-coming-to-pc/

BkpoKWMCYAAOosE.jpg:large

Glad the embargo ended in time for the GMG vouchers to still be used. Did just buy tickets for TI4 though so it is still up in the air though =/.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
also completely off topic but I need to vent, my mom called me and aparently some cunt stole her ipad. I was so pissed off I actually went off on her on the phone (because she was using it on a bench waiting for the bus and some fucker just grabbed it out of her hands and ran, using it in public like that, especially in a bench... not the smartest idea), but now that ive cooled down I feel like complete SHIT for going off on her, shes always glued to her ipad and I know shes gutted. Gotta buy her a new one soon, at least the one she had (the non-air) is cheaper these days.

also I hope all thieves get run over by cars and die, sorry, but I do.

Ezalc

I posted this in the broforce community discussion page but didn't get a reply, so I'm hoping somebody here has experienced a similar problem and can help.

This only happens with broforce, but everytime I start up the game it only goes into a black screen and stops responding. I bought the game through the humble bundle store and yesterday got an e-mail with a steam key which I redeemed to my account. This happens when I play the game through steam and when I try to launch outside of it, however if I right click and select Run as Administrator outside of steam, the game works and it shows up on steam but only briefly before it disappears again even though the game is still running.

I've checked my firewall settings and everything there seems to be fine. I don't understand what's going on. Anybody?

also completely off topic but I need to vent, my mom called me and aparently some cunt stole her ipad. I was so pissed off I actually went off on her on the phone (because she was using it on a bench waiting for the bus and some fucker just grabbed it out of her hands and ran, using it in public like that, especially in a bench... not the smartest idea), but now that ive cooled down I feel like complete SHIT for going off on her, shes always glued to her ipad and I know shes gutted. Gotta buy her a new one soon, at least the one she had (the non-air) is cheaper these days.

also I hope all thieves get run over by cars and die, sorry, but I do.

sorry to hear that, dude

Cheddahz

Banned
The difference between the PC and PS3 versions of DS2 isn't that huge, so I think I'm just going to get the Black Armor Edition of it for my PS3

derExperte

The difference between the PC and PS3 versions of DS2 isn't that huge, so I think I'm just going to get the Black Armor Edition of it for my PS3

Constant 60fps, 1080p and much shorter loading times is huge imo. I wouldn't touch any other version if given the choice. Plus who knows what mods can do with the textures.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

the framerate alone is a HUGE difference, what the fuck is going on today... I hate this "what it could have been" shitstorm thats going on with DS2 lightning

if this was on the game that exists merits alone, just the framerate and higher res alone would be enough for people to be creaming over the PC version, especially compared to DS1.

this isnt personal btw Ched, just this DS2 stuff is piling up lately, and im having a bad day lol

Deques

- Today's Daily is 66% off Spider-Man-Guy ($16.99)
- Midweek Madness is 66% off Spelunky ($5.09) and 40% off The Wolf Among Us ($14.99)

The Amazing Spider-Man is 66% Off
http://store.steampowered.com/app/212580/

I really recommend this title, the PC port is a bit rubbish(especially if you're on an AMD card) but the overall gameplay is really fun.

I spent 24 hours on it and got all achievements, very good game if you want something that's style over substance.

Why aren't the Spiderman dlcs discounted :(

Dr Dogg

Man every time someone links to Steam I hesitate to click the link due to the issues now...

Hahaha just download a portable version of your favourite browser and paste the links in there. Unless your silly and stick your info in there you'll be fine.

http://filippo.io/Heartbleed/#gog.com
This website is telling me that Store.Steampowered.com is safe now...

GOG.com and the Steam Store seam fine from what I've looked at but Community is still returning lots. PlayFire.com as well but GreenmanGaming.com comes back fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom