• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

Why would we need to reset Steam Guard anyway? This exploit didn't give hackers full control of Valve's system or anything, so they can't mess with SG functionality.

If your Steam account is tied to an email provider that also had the issue, like Yahoo, you should do everything you can, but if not, I really don't see a reason to.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cheers Jase. That's good news I thought I heard it was 15 days.

The 15-day cooldown comes into effect if you disable and then re-enable Steam Guard. It also applies to the accounts of those who have enabled Steam Guard for the first time.

Edit: I just changed my password and can still send trade offers. Perhaps Valve cast aside that restriction.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Savant -- MB-CE09CEEF69534334 - Taken by AsylumX. 7 entrants total.
Shivah: Kosher Edition -- MB-7D0F1CC98D1AD0FE - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 9 entrants total.

t1396983621z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really wish that The Wolf Among Us on Amazon had a Steam key - who the hell wants to make yet another account with Telltale to play? I certainly don't.

I love The Walking Dead, so I'll probably be picking this one up on Steam.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Password changed and other computers deactivated. Thank goodness for that. Not too worried about every single account I have but gotta protect that Steam account :p

- Lockless Luckbox: ~$15
- Mythical BladeBiter: No listings?
- Entropic Battlegear of the Warrider: No listings?
- Genuine* Dreaded Forgewing: ~$12
- Genuine* Aether-Wings: ~$11

* I assume they're genuine.

They are. At least, the one I got a while back (the Entropic.) It comes as all separate pieces, so search the Market for Entropic, and then add them up. (Currently at $31.67.)

As for the items in the Free-to-Play cosmetic pack, do you know if they'll be retrograded out of the Genuine quality if you've already opened the pack?

Dr Dogg

The 15-day cooldown comes into effect if you disable and then re-enable Steam Guard. It also applies to the accounts of those who have enabled Steam Guard for the first time.

Edit: I just changed my password and can still send trade offers. Perhaps Valve cast aside that restriction.

Ah sweet. Win-win then.

Password changed and other computers deactivated. Thank goodness for that. Not too worried about every single account I have but gotta protect that Steam account :p

Hahaha that's sort of my thoughts. I've got around 280+ accounts of some sort or another lingering around out there but only 4 or 5 with my actual credit and debit card details. Providing my work based, LastPass, various gmail, PayPal and Bank accounts are all hunky dorry I'm not that fussed really. If anyone wants to have fun posting stuff on my twitter account knock themselves out. Would make a change from all the Joe Danger spam I personally send out.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Spelunky is great and on sale!

I don't know if these are "toaster-level", but seeing as I can't even run the demo for SSIV, here's some of my favorites:

The Binding of Isaac (Twin-stick shooter roguelike)
FTL (Especially since the free expansion just came out)
SpaceChem (Best puzzle game ever)
Adventures of Shuggy (fun little platformer)
Terraria (Basically 2d Minecraft)
Altitude (2d arena flight shooter)
And Yet It Moves (Another interesting platformer with a great last world)
Braid (Puzzle game based around time manipulation. Really great as long as you ignore the clunky attempt at storytelling)
Cave Story (Classic action platformer)
Darwinia (Bizarre atmospheric strategy game)
Dustforce (Parkour ninja janitor platformer)
Frozen Synapse (Simultaneous turn-based strategy)
Toribash (Turn-based, physics-based fighting game. It's been greenlit on Steam, but it's available for free from the game's website)
Hotline Miami (Part stealth, part manic ultraviolence, feverish 80s-esque visuals and music)
Mark of the Ninja (The only stealth game I've ever enjoyed. Offers a TON of flexibility on how to approach the levels)
Race the Sun (Breakneck minimalist avoidance game)
Risk of Rain (Kind of like Binding of Isaac, but as a sidescrolling shooter)
Shatter (Physicsy Breakout-type game with awesome soundtrack)
VVVVVV (Challenging-but-not-too-frustrating platformer)

mark of the ninja!

FTL, all you need. If you don't have a backlog, of course.
Alright thanks everyone! Downloading Spelunky, FTL, Hotline Miami, Mark of the Ninja, VVVVVV, Cave Story, and the Binding of Isaac.

Going to check to look up some more on Vlad's list but I remember being interested in Risk of Rain so I'll buy that up now. Does it happen to be in any bundles atm?

Dr Dogg

I actually do use keepass, but I like to use my very own for some of my accounts. Maybe it's more "real" that way? Man, I don't know.

In the days before password generators I used to use the model number of my monitor combined with the name of my first pet randomly inserted as some added salt. That way even if I was forgetful it's right infront of me most of the time. Just got to remember where I dropped the name in is all.

aku:jiki

Hah, awesome! I win surgeon simulator! I will fuck some dude's inner organs up in your honor, jshackles.

Why would you use an external service to generate your password? Are you 100% sure that service itself is secure?
KeePass can be made 99% safe, yeah. The last 1% is if someone physically steals the media you have your database stored on, or hacks your machine directly.

Thorgal

Southpark SOT has just been updated :

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65338-patch-notes/

Fixes:
Allows WASD keys to work as arrow keys during the Goth Dance mini-game.
Fixes a potential hang in the counter attack tutorial battle.
Fixed an issue where accessories would not show up on the player if a new game was started while having the Hoff face equipped.
Fixed an issue where the outfit might now show up on the player during the costume changes in the Photo Dojo.
Fixed an issue where using Mr. Slave in the Giggling Donkey could cause issues in the fight.
Fixed an issue where the dire bear quest may not properly advance in Canada.
Fixed an issue where content could be skipped if grounded in the Lost Forest.
Fixed a few typos in messages.
Fixed a potential crash while playing in the Portuguese language.
Adjusted the difficulty of the Alien Probe mini-game.
Adjusted the difficulty of the pooping mini-game.
Adjusted the visuals of the magic tutorials while using PC controls .

def sim

In the days before password generators I used to use the model number of my monitor combined with the name of my first pet randomly inserted as some added salt. That way even if I was forgetful it's right infront of me most of the time. Just got to remember where I dropped the name in is all.

Hah That would make a great and memorable password for me. I'll probably use that for something other than steam, thanks for sharing.

The_Monk

Went for a run. Come back, more Dark Souls II videos, new The Wolf Among Us episode gets released (I thought It was on Wednesday), info on The Crew and found out what the GI Cover is. Everything happens when I'm not here, catching up!

derExperte

Why would you use an external service to generate your password? Are you 100% sure that service itself is secure?

99.9% sure. Keepass is a very well known open source program which uses a variety of algorithms to generate completely random passwords (something humans can't really do) that you can store in a strongly encrypted file on your pc. A much better solution than almost anything else.

I actually do use keepass, but I like to use my very own for some of my accounts. Maybe it's more "real" that way? Man, I don't know.

Sounds okay, carry on then.

HoosTrax

I hope the month wait has given them time to work the gameplay-related bugs out of Dark Souls 2. I preordered the game, but somehow forgot that most of my bad experiences with day 1 game purchases have involved gamebreaking bugs (usually courtesy of Bethesda...).

JaseC

They are. At least, the one I got a while back (the Entropic.) It comes as all separate pieces, so search the Market for Entropic, and then add them up. (Currently at $31.67.)

Ah.

As for the items in the Free-to-Play cosmetic pack, do you know if they'll be retrograded out of the Genuine quality if you've already opened the pack?

Pre-existing genuine sets were left as-is. Mine is still sitting in my inventory.

Megasoum

Banned
So F1 2013 base game is 75% off on gamefly right now. Is the "Classic Edition Upgrade" ever on sale on Steam? I kinda want to get the base version for that price and upgrade it on the next sale.

I wonder how long I have to idle in System Shock 2 to get the 0.10$ for playing for the first time, even though I have already played before...

styl3s

hmm wtf, cant buy DS2 on gmg, says my card doesnt work, thats a first. I just payed some bills 1 hour ago too so im pretty sure I have the cash :p
The only way i can buy off GMG is using my card/bank through PayPal.

I don't know if it's GMG's end or my banks end but whenever i tried to use my debit card on GMG it never would go through. I always found that extremely dumb and frankly i am not the biggest fan of Paypal because it always takes 2-4 takes to show up on my online statements.

You know what's surprising about this statement? It's surprising that this absurd problem isn't surprising to me.

TellTale has a track record of having stupid fucking bugs in their games. But this reminds me that i need to finish playing the current episodes because i am only like 30 minutes in the first episode. I really want to play both TWD S2 and TWAU but another thing TellTale is notorious for is releasing an episode one month and another episode 3 months ago. Kind of wish they would just finish their games and trickle them out ever 2-4 weeks or all at once.

JaseC

So F1 2013 base game is 75% off on gamefly right now. Is the "Classic Edition Upgrade" ever on sale on Steam? I kinda want to get the base version for that price and upgrade it on the next sale.

It was 75% off a little over a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom