• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneil99

So how do I search for games that aren't on steam on TF2outpost. I am planing on buying breach for 9.99 today and seeing how much it goes for.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Uploading at 38kbps only!!?? We need a charity drive so JaseC can afford better internets.

I could churn to a different provider and get an ADSL2+ connection (same download speed due to my ~3.5KM line length, but my upload speed would see a bump up to ~1Mbit), however I might be moving in few months or so and don't want to be slapped with a early termination fee.

Bah, excuses, excuses...
I've uploaded more than 4 TB of video game music with my measly 128kB, surely you can do the same. Think of the Saoirse!

But I like my internet to be usable!

vermadas

The issue with the Heartbleed bug is that it was not disclosed responsibly by one of the teams that was working on it. Normally when something like this happens, the patch is released, then people upgrade, then the vulnerability is disclosed. One of the teams working on it did disclose responsibly, and another did not.

This is the reason why it was not disclosed responsibly:
http://techrights.org/2014/04/08/howard-schmidt-codenomicon/

Pretty ugly, actually.

Ugh. Ugly indeed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have similar problem with upstream usage saturating downstream - was just setting up upload jobs for night/work time. Took upwards of 4 months, but I did it. :)

The reason I may be moving is that one of my mates intends to go house hunting later in the year and I told him I'd move in with him if he bought in an area where FTTH is available. If I do find myself with a fibre connection in the near future then I'll certainly look at a web-based backup solution. ~4MBps is much better than ~38KBps. ;)

aku:jiki

New Bundle Stars

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/reboot-bundle-3/

Rune Classic
X-Blades
Hoard Complete Pack (includes Dynamite Roll! and Flame-Broiled SANDwich DLC)
Ion Assault (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Knights & Merchants
Planets Under Attack
It's like the "games I wish were really good but just aren't" bundle, at least for me. Was originally excited by but ended up disappointed in half of those games.

Buying it anyway. The shit I put up with!

Jawmuncher

New Bundle Stars

Rune Classic
X-Blades
Knights & Merchants
Planets Under Attack

images

That game is horrible stay far away. Only game besides Homefront that I ever returned out of disgust. This coming from a guy who like Aliens Colonial Marines and DNF, so I give crap games a pretty good chance.

Grief.exe

If you already own Dark Souls 2 and are thinking about dropping a similar amount on the PC port, this stands as one of the few examples of justifiable double-dipping. True, there's no new content to speak of, but the cosmetic and functional improvements make the console versions feel like the laserdisc to the PC port's Blu-Ray. So if you've been biding your time for Dark Souls 2's PC release, don't worry: You made the right choice. And I can only hope I didn't just make things worse for you.

KXWea8Y.jpg

Knurek

images

That game is horrible stay far away. Only game besides Homefront that I ever returned out of disgust. This coming from a guy who like Aliens Colonial Marines and DNF, so I give crap games a pretty good chance.

Good thing the sequel is all sorts of good.

Am I the only one hoping for From to backport DS1 to DS2 tech? Would love to have 60fps without geometry errors. :\

fantomena

Gaintbomb and GameStop made me tempted to pre-order now. If I am pre-ordering, Im doing it on Nuuvem. 85 BRL + 38$ = 27€ while the game costs 50€ on Steam lol.

New Bundle Stars

Rune Classic
X-Blades
Knights & Merchants
Planets Under Attack

A quick test at http://rehmann.co/projects/heartbeat/ gives:

onnecting to bundlestars.com:443...
Sending Client Hello...
Waiting for Server Hello...
... received message: type = 22, ver = 0302, length = 58
... received message: type = 22, ver = 0302, length = 3758
... received message: type = 22, ver = 0302, length = 4
Sending heartbeat request...
... received message: type = 24, ver = 0302, length = 16384
Received heartbeat!
WARNING: server returned more data than it should - server is vulnerable!

I'm being very cautious today, so use this information as you see fit.

Jawmuncher

Good thing the sequel is all sorts of good.

Am I the only one hoping for From to backport DS1 to DS2 tech? Would love to have 60fps without geometry errors. :\

The sequel is still sitting in my library. But I loved what I played of the demo.

I'm still wondering if they're planning to patch DS1 at all.
Maybe the guess that they would have a weekend sale for DS with a new patch might still happen before 2 comes out.

Anteater

dark souls 2 looks good enough to me, some areas look poop but I'll probably walk through them in like 5 seconds, but some of the environments look nice.

I'm just glad the cloth animations are still in :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm wtf, cant buy DS2 on gmg, says my card doesnt work, thats a first. I just payed some bills 1 hour ago too so im pretty sure I have the cash :p

Grief.exe

hmm wtf, cant buy DS2 on gmg, says my card doesnt work, thats a first. I just payed some bills 1 hour ago too so im pretty sure I have the cash :p

I always use Paypal for GMG as my bank always locks my card due to both using a foreign site and GMG is falsely associated with illegal gambling as well.

i think i was one of the few people who liked the ragdoll physics in dark souls. walking around with bodies stuck around your ankles just kind of drove home the point of survival.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I always use Paypal for GMG as my bank always locks my card due to both using a foreign site and GMG is falsely associated with illegal gambling as well.

but I always use this card on gmg :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom