• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

If you really want to take on a bus simulator, you might be better off looking into OMSI 2. The learning curve can be pretty steep as virtually every button on and around the console is usable, but it's also rewarding as heck. Sound design is off the chain too. Most consider it the premier bus sim franchise.

Sweet, thanks for the info. Added to wishlist

So Bardbarian was the "mystery game"?

Looks like it. <yawn>
Looks like a cool enough game, but the mystery unveiling caused a lot of hype that probably wasn't well founded

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Going on a trip for about a month so I'm regulated to a laptop that can barely do 60FPS of SSFIV with low settings, so what are some good toaster-level games I can buy/download onto my laptop?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Also, am I the only one who constantly mistakes Gaijin Entertainment (Russian, Blades games) with Gaijin Games (English, Bit.Trip games)?
Haha, kinda like Monolith and Monolith Soft.

Origin is worse, EA thinks we are in Spain or something :(
I've been told they fixed that, and now they charge us in dollars. I even heard they charge us less than in US. Haven't bothered to check that myself though, because I don't plan on buying any Origin game
at least until Mirror's Edge 2 is released.

also completely off topic but I need to vent, my mom called me and aparently some cunt stole her ipad. I was so pissed off I actually went off on her on the phone (because she was using it on a bench waiting for the bus and some fucker just grabbed it out of her hands and ran, using it in public like that, especially in a bench... not the smartest idea), but now that ive cooled down I feel like complete SHIT for going off on her, shes always glued to her ipad and I know shes gutted. Gotta buy her a new one soon, at least the one she had (the non-air) is cheaper these days.

also I hope all thieves get run over by cars and die, sorry, but I do.
Man, I hope she's alright. That sucks a whole lot, and I understand how you must feel, but blaming her isn't the right thing to do. Though you realized that too, so it's fine. I can totally relate; I bought my mom a new Kindle after her old one was stolen while she was on the bus.

Can't say I disagree with those guys deserving that kind of punishment, though I don't feel sorry about it. I would feel sorry about the poor guy having his car ruined, so I'd rather they have a bullet put in their heads or something.

Man everyone is ripping the crew to shreds.

It's doing all the things we've grown to despise and it's ok with doing them: forced online, microtransactions, dat guaranteed ubisoft graphical downgrade.

It's like starting to be interested in someone you met online and suddenly you find out that they're part of a cult that sacrifices children to satiate the hunger of a vengeful god. They seemed so good at first, too. Now you're not even going to bother to go on a first date.

_hekk05

Banned
It's doing all the things we've grown to despise and it's ok with doing them: forced online, microtransactions, dat guaranteed ubisoft graphical downgrade.

It's like starting to be interested in someone you met online and suddenly you find out that they're part of a cult that sacrifices children to satiate the hunger of a vengeful god. They seemed so good at first, too. Now you're not even going to bother to go on a first date.

Isn't it supposed to be a racing mmo though? Lose connection in an mmo and get kicked out into the title screen. Pretty standard affair.

Microtransactions in mmos are dime a dozen, but the crew is supposedly 60 bucks.

If there's uPlay, then there's the problem of uPlay actually allowing the game to launch or not too.

Still, since all these have been known for a while, you would think it wouldn't make such a hubbub.

the framerate alone is a HUGE difference, what the fuck is going on today... I hate this "what it could have been" shitstorm thats going on with DS2 lightning

if this was on the game that exists merits alone, just the framerate and higher res alone would be enough for people to be creaming over the PC version, especially compared to DS1.

this isnt personal btw Ched, just this DS2 stuff is piling up lately, and im having a bad day lol

Because it's absolute bullshit to lead people along with footage of a game that, quite frankly, doesn't exist at this point. All of the footage shown previous to the release of consoles, I believe, looks like an entirely different game to me. Is the PC version better than the console version? Sure. But we were still lied to.

It is very strange. From looks to be delivering an excellent port, one that fills in the entirety of my wishlist.

Native resolution support
high frame rate (hopefully above 60 for those that apply)
higher resolution textures/shadows
AO/AA/AF

Sure, it sucks that we won't ever reach the potential of the TGS/Reveal footage, but some of these opinions in the Dark Souls II PC thread are a complete joke.

I want the game I was promised, no more, no less.

Despite the increased budget over the original, Dark Souls isn't really a AAA game. From have been very successful in eking out a profit in a niche market for decades.

Expecting visuals and voice acting on level with something like The Last of Us is a little ridiculous.

Depends on your definition of AAA, I suppose. With the amount of commercials I've seen for Dark Souls 2 on TV in the past month, the advertising budget from Namco certainly is right up their with a premiere title. Does it have the budget of a Halo or Call of Duty game for development? I don't know... but for crying out loud, this game has more TV advertising in NA than an entire handheld has had (Vita). So it's certainly something Namco Bandai is expecting to sell well and has put a lot of money into.

I never said I wanted The Last of Us visuals or voice acting here. I just want what was shown to us previously, and up until the console release, is what everyone thought the game was going to be when they pre-ordered.

==
Groupees adding Bardbarian is awesome, if just for this:
Exclusives.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hopefully someone has fun with this!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-F3AAEABD8323A8C0 - Taken by aku:jiki. 5 entrants total.

t1396982498z1.png

Vlad

Going on a trip for about a month so I'm regulated to a laptop that can barely do 60FPS of SSFIV with low settings, so what are some good toaster-level games I can buy/download onto my laptop?

I don't know if these are "toaster-level", but seeing as I can't even run the demo for SSIV, here's some of my favorites:

The Binding of Isaac (Twin-stick shooter roguelike)
FTL (Especially since the free expansion just came out)
SpaceChem (Best puzzle game ever)
Adventures of Shuggy (fun little platformer)
Terraria (Basically 2d Minecraft)
Altitude (2d arena flight shooter)
And Yet It Moves (Another interesting platformer with a great last world)
Braid (Puzzle game based around time manipulation. Really great as long as you ignore the clunky attempt at storytelling)
Cave Story (Classic action platformer)
Darwinia (Bizarre atmospheric strategy game)
Dustforce (Parkour ninja janitor platformer)
Frozen Synapse (Simultaneous turn-based strategy)
Toribash (Turn-based, physics-based fighting game. It's been greenlit on Steam, but it's available for free from the game's website)
Hotline Miami (Part stealth, part manic ultraviolence, feverish 80s-esque visuals and music)
Mark of the Ninja (The only stealth game I've ever enjoyed. Offers a TON of flexibility on how to approach the levels)
Race the Sun (Breakneck minimalist avoidance game)
Risk of Rain (Kind of like Binding of Isaac, but as a sidescrolling shooter)
Shatter (Physicsy Breakout-type game with awesome soundtrack)
VVVVVV (Challenging-but-not-too-frustrating platformer)

Dr Dogg

What are the restrictions on resetting SteamGuard again? I could probably do with sorting it anyway as I've got a couple of dead Macs and serval reformats since I've last done it.

HoosTrax

What's the story with Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut? Are they doing a DXHR type of thing where it's a totally standalone game, and owners of the original game get a discount? (I'm seeing -85% off here)

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
What's the story with Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut? Are they doing a DXHR type of thing where it's a totally standalone game, and owners of the original game get a discount? (I'm seeing -85% off here)

Yes, exactly that :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What are the restrictions on resetting SteamGuard again? I could probably do with sorting it anyway as I've got a couple of dead Macs and serval reformats since I've last done it.

Resetting Steam Guard doesn't impose anything, but changing your password will introduce a five-day trading restriction.

Okay, then. Gonna change my password, but how do I reset Steam Guard?

Steam -> Settings -> Account -> Manage Steam Guard Account Security -> Deauthorise all other computers now.

Cth

Can I make all of these changes through the web client or do I need the standalone?

I'm in class at the moment and can't install the client here.

EDIT:
Thanks JaseC!

derExperte

HERE, CATCH!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Syder Arcade -- MB-C456C2AEDA6F3776 - Taken by topyy. 8 entrants total.
Savant -- MB-C1A24C400799944B - Taken by Mavromatis. 3 entrants total.

t1396982997z1.png

Yes, exactly that :)

Oh my, the new one even drops cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom