• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alastor

Holy shit @ those Muve deals. I just bought:

7flthPn.png

...for around 33 bucks.

I don't even watch Naruto.

No new games for me for a long while (only Dark Souls 2).

didamangi

Oh it is just for collection bragging rights then. I really thought it is an awesome game pulled due to "reasons" that everyone wants it bad.

Labia doors aside, Prey is a pretty good action fps. If the game is still on steam most of us would probably recommend a buy on sale.

derExperte

No, it has incredibly shallow mechanics, only worth it if you are really into the series.

Well, I think you will be a little lost in the plot of the story mode, but the game is quite fun even if you are not a fan. I don't like the Anime, but I enjoyed all of Ultimate Ninja Storm games so far.

Thanks, reading Steam reviews now and the port apparently isn't very good (30 frames max, bugs, mulitplayer has problems) either. Skip.

wasn't there a sequel on the way

I almost forgot. Why did you have to remind me?

inm8num2

Eek, having site issues in which I keep getting logged out when I visit a new page, like my Steam profile or badges. This seems to happen every now and then. Oh well!

edit - nm, seems okay now.

Nzyme32

It is a game worth playing if you enjoy first person shooters.

Indeed. It's a fun game, or at least I enjoyed it. And it is hardly rare, at least in the UK. I literally picked up the 4 copies on shelf at GAME in their tiny outdated PC section on my way home last month.

MUnited83

For you.
Thanks, reading Steam reviews now and the port apparently isn't very good (30 frames max, bugs, mulitplayer has problems) either. Skip.

Well, it's 30 frames because the animation system is tied to the framerate. I don't think I ever experience any bugs, and multiplayer works fine for me (I do see many people getting some connection problems apparently. Never happened with me though). The worst thing about the multiplayer is that the characters are terribly balanced.

Anyone have issues with Baldur's Gate II: EE not running at all?

I have it installed, but it won't boot at all. I've seen that there's a common issue with compatibility, but I tried the fixes and still nothing...

I really wanna play!

Eh, lotsa retail copies still available. Keys can regularly be bought for 4/5 tf2 keys. It's far from diamon status just yet :p

Ok granted, maybe not diamond status, but when a game becomes unavailable, it's value starts shooting up and it's only a matter of time before a copy is considered hella valuable.

You mean you can't activate it in Russia? That's unusual.

Since Russia has considerably lower prices for it's games than outside, often people buy games in bulk and sell outside for a profit but this limits that. A lot of games have region-locking with 2 states. RU copies and ROW(Rest of World) copies. Of course, some games go even deeper, locking for specific countries or continents.

Giving back some love:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 25 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Minute Hero #2 -- MB-8EB74BA827688ACA - Taken by Last Baron. 11 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero #1 -- MB-1EBBC82249274D3F - Taken by Volotaire. 9 entrants total.
Epigenesis #2 -- MB-87BB1F9DD3DB2C8B - Taken by Evrain. 3 entrants total.
Epigenesis #3 -- MB-2A12D89DADEC437F - Taken by Shalashaska. 5 entrants total.
Epigenesis #1 -- MB-28247A11F715ED64 - Taken by kulapik. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Crystal Story II (Desura) -- MB-B54B391B1C6D3C30 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 1 entrants total.
Beatblasters III #1 -- MB-66C8C687C6889FBB - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 1 entrants total.
Beatblasters III #3 -- MB-CA9CA650F962EA1A - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
Beatblasters III #2 -- MB-38FCC403FCDF627A - Taken by lucebuce12. 3 entrants total.
Sang-Froid #2 -- MB-45E1C7E90B7BEBAF
Half-Minute Hero #3 -- MB-7A2C53E249D7FC8B - Taken by Exuro. 15 entrants total.
Sang-Froid #1 -- MB-EA9F0A7E7D634D74 - Taken by Alessandro. 1 entrants total.
A-Train 8 #1 -- MB-A9FC49A3DD6AF640 - Taken by zeroOman. 2 entrants total.
A-Train 8 #3 -- MB-F8F25BFEB61AC7AB
A-Train 8 #2 -- MB-59DAC0511E90718A
Gun Metal #1 -- MB-9E6CE7F5F8B51366 - Taken by Kiru. 2 entrants total.
Gun Metal #2 -- MB-BCD86F364B7A1025 - Taken by Crentist the Dentist. 1 entrants total.
Gun Metal #3 -- MB-B4F4748861287189 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.
A New Beginning Final Cut #3 -- MB-19335BE2E43C0198 - Taken by Garcia. 2 entrants total.
A New Beginning Final Cut #2 -- MB-CCB0082E963587A9
A New Beginning Final Cut #1 -- MB-9D00642D63C62AD0 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 1 entrants total.
Bardbarian #1 -- MB-C0F242D863F14070 - Taken by arts&crafts. 11 entrants total.
Bardbarian #2 -- MB-2887BDDEE9D8C061 - Taken by Darkroronoa. 13 entrants total.
Bardbarian #3 -- MB-14DBC1299C145DE7 - Taken by wetflame. 9 entrants total.
Sang-Froid #3 -- MB-2718D4DBAB3B7F38 - Taken by alr1ght. 4 entrants total.

t1397328000z1.png

Is Divinity: Dragon Commander any good? How much time do you spend flying around? It looks interesting, but WTF at the trailer saying you can wife an undead.

Undeads also need love.

First time so forgive me if I have fucked it up

Was going to do this much later to celebrate employment, end of surgeries, half marathon & tough mudder completion, but those are looking months away. So to celebrate Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth announcement, here are some completely unrelated games

ps - user More_Badass - get in touch, Free copy of Prey is set aside for you since you were the first to answer about wanting a copy

Congrats!

Oh it is just for collection bragging rights then. I really thought it is an awesome game pulled due to "reasons" that everyone wants it bad.

It is a pretty fun game though, with vagina doors and Native American spiritual guides that teach you abilities while you're in a spaceship, having just been abducted by aliens.

Nzyme32

Wow, that is quite generous. Congrats on the good things happening in your life, hope it continues :)
You is a sexy beach, my friend
Nice giveaway! Congrats on all your accomplishments
Congrats!

Thanks, it has been a very long half decade journey to get to this point. Hopefully things will just keep getting better!

Tenrius

Since Russia has considerably lower prices for it's games than outside, often people buy games in bulk and sell outside for a profit but this limits that. A lot of games have region-locking with 2 states. RU copies and ROW(Rest of World) copies. Of course, some games go even deeper, locking for specific countries or continents.

I'm not sure why you are telling me this.

fantomena

I can almost not believe that I just bought Resi4 HD for 4,75€ while it's 20€ on Steam.

Will buy Lost Planet 3 and Naruto too later today. The only ones I have left.

didamangi

Less than 45 minutes to go ;)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (didamangi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skullgirls And Color Palette Bundle -- MB-B1D81634DF100307 - Taken by dark_inferno. 32 entrants total.

t1397320756z1.png

I can almost not believe that I just bought Resi4 HD for 4,75 while it's 20 on Steam.

Will buy Lost Planet 3 and Naruto too later today. The only ones I have left.

You're not wary you have to use vpn to activate those two?

Alastor

Aren't like half of those region locked?

Yeah. But I'm from Poland.

I can confirm Naruto is also locked for PL/HU/CZ/SK.

Edit: also, with these games my Steam library officially broke 100 titles. guess there's no turning back.

I still love my boxes tho.

Spares for ya folks.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-FB0FE2760C5326CE - Taken by Sammichu. 6 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-2E842D931E52E5B5 - Taken by Shadowlink. 2 entrants total.

t1397318915z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But that's just it EmergentFocus has the Gold edtion on their laptop and there's no activation needed whilst what's on Steam still does. So that's what we were all expecting it not to need activate but for some silly reason it's fully patched but still blocks you until you do. It's just barmy. 1404 is at 1.3 and Venice is at 2.01 for me so they're fully patched but still needs to be activated. I know we've had it the other way around like BioShock retail still has SecuROM where as Steam doesn't but this, along with Riddick on GOG being DRM free but not Steam is just being silly.

That is remarkably strange.

One more

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians -- MB-84E9B8829E63C097 - Taken by lucebuce12. 4 entrants total.

t1397319317z1.png

Nzyme32

I shouldn't have even bothered with CIV 5.
I have yet to even get past the tutorial, but this just seems too cool.

Civ 5 is so much fun when you get going. It will also probably be really useful to you for Civ Beyond Earth too. Essentially, if you get a science victory in Civ 5 ie build a spaceship to travel to alpha centauri, Civ Beyond Earth is a bit of continuation from that point

Jawmuncher

Civ 5 is so much fun when you get going. It will also probably be really useful to you for Civ Beyond Earth too. Essentially, if you get a science victory in Civ 5 ie build a spaceship to travel to alpha centauri, Civ Beyond Earth is a bit of continuation from that point

Ahhh I see.
I think I need that link from Grief.EXE about the tutorial, so I can give it another go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom