• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecl0n

Daily Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion 75% off, DLC 50% off
Also Stardock Pack 2014 50% off
  • Galactic Civilizations I Ultimate
  • Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate
  • Demigod
  • Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion
  • Political Machine 2012
  • Fallen Enchatress Legendary

Sins is such an amazing game.

Happy Saturday!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gunman Clive -- MB-08F9E58AE46DE8C7 - Taken by dot. 4 entrants total.
KAMI -- MB-BE006A2B5894AEAC - Taken by KenOD. 2 entrants total.
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance -- MB-134F6C45918BB98A - Taken by Nzyme32. 3 entrants total.
Supreme Commander -- MB-B2F140A1DC4BB6BC - Taken by Luap. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Battlepaths (Desura) -- MB-5D2285CA3380C21F
Probably Archery -- MB-97067AA8776BF390 - Taken by Diedac. 5 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-3147F4EE4E4C146C - Taken by Crentist the Dentist. 1 entrants total.

t1397324132z1.png

hohoXD123

Are you from the UK?

I still seem to be getting store/community outages every few hours with that dreaded Error 118, yet no-one here seems to be mentioning it much anymore which leads me to think it's just the UK servers that are still borked.

Same thing happening with me and I'm in the UK. Very annoying.

I think I made a mistake, seeing 'Zamówienie anulowane' as order status. Maybe clicked a wrong button but I already entered my credit card details. What did you use for the PESEL field?

I just used one of the Pesel generators on google, seemed to work but haven't got an email with the code yet.

Nzyme32

20 minutes left bump

ModBot said:
Instructions for Nzyme32:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Machinarium -- MB-FE8B8C342560EDBC
Starvoid -- MB-4FD3E1BA99CCA075 - Taken by spindoctor. 2 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-4537EFC36348258E
Cogs -- MB-F4C77938763B21E8 - Taken by nature boy. 3 entrants total.
Sleeping Dogs -- MB-A174F44C7C5541BF - Taken by ChimpanzeeThat. 10 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-2167088C87AAE7CE
Prey #2 -- MB-2D72648836F354F8 - Taken by Nabs. 22 entrants total.
Prey #3 -- MB-C7267F71130987CE - Taken by Freedom = $1.05. 20 entrants total.
Ricochet -- MB-F5441EEE8F382891
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-F5B1125C4EC8667A
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-E946E77EBCEE3EAA
Prey -- MB-B1D7B47C93A2B058 - Taken by Tizoc. 22 entrants total.
Bridge Constructor -- MB-0A2C75A912E560EA - Taken by Eanan. 4 entrants total.
Zen Bound 2 -- MB-55F1E441EAC9F3D3
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-F14926F8B8BF67C8 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 4 entrants total.
Type:Rider -- MB-0DFB4B887ABF2D08 - Taken by kulapik. 3 entrants total.
Far Cry 3 -- MB-57D782C5B1288CA1 - Taken by Mavromatis. 31 entrants total.
Alice: Madness Returns -- MB-8742BDBEA67CABC6 - Taken by PriitV. 18 entrants total.

t1397324625z1.png

Dr Dogg

Speaking of Civ V I thought it's been a while I'll see if I can bash out a 4 hour game. Well I settled right in a stupid spot. Found Kilimanjaro on my second turn which helped speed production up but then on the subsequent 12 turns found 3 barbarian camps. All around my plot of land. Can see this is going to go well.

Nzyme32

Speaking of Civ V I thought it's been a while I'll see if I can bash out a 4 hour game. Well I settled right in a stupid spot. Found Kilimanjaro on my second turn which helped speed production up but then on the subsequent 12 turns found 3 barbarian camps. All around my plot of land. Can see this is going to go well.

Haha. I tried my first tourism/cultural influence victory the other week. Its surprisingly fun. Had to do some covert ops to grab artefacts and influence tourism via spies and the arrangement of world olympics

Anteater

I never knew Trials is such a popular game, so many posts in that one thread on the front page!

I didn't think I'd like that chest game in Lords of Shadow, but I did.

Knurek

Okay, so call me anal if you will, but after watching that it's really nonsensical to use rockets to transport mass amount of mass to the orbit.

Honestly, if your world has FTL technology, as the trailer implies, you should also have space elevators up the wazoo. Rocket fuel, especially used on that scale, is terribly pollutive, something you don't really want to do if your planet is already in such a dire state that you want to jump to god knows where in search for better habitats...

/Nitpick mode off

I never knew Trials is such a popular game, so many posts in that one thread on the front page!

Read that as Trails (in the Sky), was immensely disappointed when I checked the front page. :(

RE: Beyond Earth. Just when I thought I was out, they drag me right back in. I'm going to play Civ V and aim for a Science Victory in commemoration of this day.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I think I found the perfect monitor. 34UM65-P - 34 inches, 2560x1080 for £520

It also has a 4k version, but it's double the price.

But at that price point it's nearly the same as the Samsung 4k monitor...

That monitor is pretty awesome, but the reaction time is only 5ms...

And wouldn't lots of games having problems with the unusual resolution?

Yaska

RE: Beyond Earth. Just when I thought I was out, they drag me right back in. I'm going to play Civ V and aim for a Science Victory in commemoration of this day.

I know how you feel, I already celebrated that I would actually do something useful during the fall.
Too bad the preorder page isn't up yet :(

Dr Dogg

Haha. I tried my first tourism/cultural influence victory the other week. Its surprisingly fun. Had to do some covert ops to grab artefacts and influence tourism via spies and the arrangement of world olympics

Well diplomacy was going to be my only route but after 40 turns things started to go downhill fast.stupidly building a worker then a scout and leaving my capital undefended... well you can guess the rest. Luck of the bloody draw.

I think I found the perfect monitor. 34UM65-P - 34 inches, 2560x1080 for £520

It also has a 4k version, but it's double the price.

But at that price point it's nearly the same as the Samsung 4k monitor...

34" 21:9 IPS monitor for £520? That's pretty hard to beat.

2560x1080 is a doddle to push with 3gb VRAM but with the amount of AA I pile on on top 3gb doesn't go very far at 3840x2160. I'm going to sit a 4K monitor out until 980's or something are out as no way can I justify spending any more on GPUs already. Also isn't that Samsung 4K monitor (and the cheaper Dell one as well) a TN panel? If I was making that sort of investment I would want a VA at least.

Edit: Actually speaking of Dell haven't they got a 3440x1440 21:9 monitor in the works? That would be something I'd be interested in, panel dependant.

Edit, edit: Or maybe this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom