• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebrand

It's not like you're all rich from oil anyway.

I stopped buying from GMG when they switched us from dollars to pounds. Everything got so much more expensive.
It was fine for a while, but now games like Dark Souls 2 are suddenly £40. Ze vouchers do nothing! Might do a $50 pre-order off Amazon US.

I dunno UC2 story is indeed nothing special but it never hit me as oddly as UC3 and Tomb Raider. Those two's story just had more noticeable plot holes and odd writing to me personally. Though I can still understand why some can like them.

Most people bitch about the
supernatural twists
in the Uncharted games.

When 2 bought in the
alternate dimension where people ate blue fruits that turned them into roid raging tribal smurfs
... as far as I'm concerned that's some "Crystal Skull" type bullshit. :p

ACV: Black FLag Standard-Steam is 20$ on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GJXMRX0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Edit: The base price has been lowered 20$.

Not a sale -- permanently?

derExperte

Oh my 4 bucks on sleepy doges. Should I do that? Are the story DLCs expensive?

It's an okay game I guess. The DLCs are all very short and unfortunately squander their potential, especially the one with the ghosts could've been much better.

When 2 bought in the
alternate dimension where people ate blue fruits that turned them into roid raging tribal smurfs

Shows you how bad U3 was when I was wishing for something like that happening. But there was.... nothing. At all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dat feeling when you buy a bundle and you realise you had the games lol >_>

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Droid Assault -- MB-A4D4CDDE82766EC4 - Taken by Saty
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-7E5BC4B43047DBDE - Taken by Dusk Golem

Jawmuncher

You can just VPN and buy the games from there.

Will it be sold on GMG though? If so, its time to smash through my playfire rewards backlog

Thats a good question. Watch Dogs just went up and is a steam key right?
So I would hope so.

Most people bitch about the
supernatural twists
in the Uncharted games.

When 2 bought in the

Not a sale -- permanently?

I actually had no problem with the supernatural stuff. Just felt like I missed a game inbetween 2 and 3 when I played it. Like where in the hell did Jason Statham come from.

Picked up Hitman Absolution from GMG. Was a poor Hitman game, but I enjoyed it as a stealth game and Contracts mode is addicting

Any recommended mods?

They're a business, not a utility. They determined that the amount of legitimate business from that area is not greater than the amount of illegitimate business.

It sounds like they're trying to figure stuff out, though.
That post was from 2012, and now they are doing it again, they didn't figure out anything.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That post was from 2012, and now they are doing it again, they didn't figure out anything.

Yeah, it looks like they weren't able to make it work despite trying to.

Or they're doing it out of sheer meanness.

Let's go with the meanness option.

Vuze

Thief for $20? Would anyone recommend it at that price?

Nah, but I'd say about 10-15$ is okay. Got it through an AMD Reward coupon which I purchased for ~15€ back then and was okay with that price. It's an okay game if you haven't played the original games like me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thief 50% off (plus the 10% voucher) would be almsot tempting if A) I wasnt playing ESO and especially B) if DS2 wasnt out next week

...holy shit DS2 is out next week, ugggggggggggggggggh. Grief! next week!

edit: Oh Blackgate 50% is actually legit tempting

Dr Dogg

Why is this trailer showing us nearly everything!?

Yeah I noticed someone in the thread said this trailer was spoileriffic. I got the feeling as great as the game looks it's still quiet niche in its appeal so there has been a massive info dump the last 2 months to try and drum up more interest.

The game was essentially at that price before release and will continue to drop like a stone.

I would recommend waiting.

The Limited Edition is already £12 in UK retail. Not that I'm interested but if I was going to get it I'd wait for the inevitable Squenix -75% off after 4-5 months they usually try and peddle.

These Playfire rewards I see mentioned in the thread, do you need to play through a certain client or something or can I just link it to my Steam account? Does it work with any game in my library or just games I got from GMG?

Ruruja

These Playfire rewards I see mentioned in the thread, do you need to play through a certain client or something or can I just link it to my Steam account? Does it work with any game in my library or just games I got from GMG?

Just link steam account, any game in library.

Terraria-clones. Roguelikes. Survival simulators.

I wonder which fad is going to end first.
Wouldn't call them fads, just popular genres. Silly simulator games is a fad. The infinite flappy clones on mobile is a fad. Survival games, roguelikes, and open world exploration/building games are not fads, they're simply types of games

morningbus

These Playfire rewards I see mentioned in the thread, do you need to play through a certain a client or something or can I just link it to my Steam account? Does it work with any game in my library or just games I got from GMG?

You just link our Steam account through Playfire, no additional client required.

This answer was on the house, but future playfire questions in the Steam thread will cost you 25 pence (or one playfire achievement reward).

You can have your Playfire questions answered pro bono here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801210

fantomena

Who have their Steam account on public here? I might do it to gain the Playfire rewards, but Im very scared due to the reason my other account was hacked was because I had it public.

morningbus

Who have their Steam account on plubic here? I might do it to gain the Playfire rewards, but Im very scared due to the reason my other accoutn was hacked was because I ahd it public.

How was your account hacked by being public?

Echoplx

Who have their Steam account on plubic here? I might do it to gain the Playfire rewards, but Im very scared due to the reason my other accoutn was hacked was because I ahd it public.

I asked the last time you made this claim, how exactly did your profile being public cause you to get hacked?

PriitV

Mine's public. My Steamcommunity id differs from my steamlogin, I also have steamguard enabled and 2step auth on my email account and my phone has a security lock screen as well... I'm pretty safe from hijacking.

pahamrick

New Bundlestars bundle.
Toxic Bundle - $4.99

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
  • The 7th Guest
  • The 11th Hour
  • Shadow man
  • Xotic + DLC
  • Darkout
  • Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge
  • Tribloos 2
  • Runespell: Overture
  • Heroes of Annihilated Empires

Steam keys for all games.

morningbus

Maybe fantomena means that his password was set to "public."

And that he put it on his profile to remind himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom