• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
They do sell other publisher's titles on Uplay.

Not sure how something like Titanfall works though.

http://i.imgur.com/BFxFDdT.jpg

That's not really what I'm talking about. Otherwise Amazon would be getting a lot more hate than it does currently.

Make no mistake: Origin and uPlay really started ramping up at the same time and they reflect two different philosophies that would hopefully (for the company) result in the same end goal. Origin from the start was about restricting the sale of EA games to a separate ecosystem, hoping the strength of EA's I.P. would be enough to sway consumers. uPlay, on the other hand, was all about the trojan horse model. Get the client on as many computers as possible, silently build up a library of games to lessen the barrier of "switching," and eventually get people comfortable enough to start buying directly through the client.

Out of those two approaches I'd choose uPlay every single day of the week because at least Ubisoft has the decency to sell me products on some of my own terms.

Tizoc

Wait...how many days left on the GMG Batman Blackgate rewards?!
EDIT: 8 HOURS?! I CAN'T GET ALL THAT IN LESS THAN 2 HOURS! (Won't be home for another 5-6 hours)
Ah well no biggy~

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Some good deals there, if I hadn't already been cooled on Batman Origins then I'd probably pick that up. Tomb Raider's at a great price too, although I have it on the 360 already.
GMG for some reason has both the old GFWL version and the updated Steamworks version of Arkham City up for sale:

GFWL: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/batman-arkham-city/

Steam: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/batman-arkham-city-game-year/
That 1p GFWL discount.

Ruruja

I can get Arkham Origins for free with my playfire-earned credit. I'm tempted but what if they have a better deal in the next 6 days? Decisions, decisions.

Grief.exe

That's not really what I'm talking about. Otherwise Amazon would be getting a lot more hate than it does currently.

Make no mistake: Origin and uPlay really started ramping up at the same time and they reflect two different philosophies that would hopefully (for the company) result in the same end goal. Origin from the start was about restricting the sale of EA games to a separate ecosystem, hoping the strength of EA's I.P. would be enough to sway consumers. uPlay, on the other hand, was all about the trojan horse model. Get the client on as many computers as possible, silently build up a library of games to lessen the barrier of "switching," and eventually get people comfortable enough to start buying directly through the client.

Out of those two approaches I'd choose uPlay every single day of the week because at least Ubisoft has the decency to sell me products on some of my own terms.

I see what you mean. If the Watch Dogs rumors are true it looks like Uplay is changing their policy.

It may not be the success of one ideology over the other, but the fact that Uplay's client had so many issues, while Origin has been pretty solid.

Tizoc

I can get Arkham Origins for free with my playfire-earned credit. I'm tempted but what if they have a better deal in the next 6 days? Decisions, decisions.

Brutha you're practically getting it for FREE.
Are you saving up your GMG credit for any specific game other than that?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I meant other games, the only other one I'd like though is a big Wolf Among Us discount.

I just picked this up through TF2 Outpost the other day during the 40% off sale for 4 keys, around £5ish, not sure if that sale's still on but you could check on there?

Brutha you're practically getting it for FREE.
Are you saving up your GMG credit for any specific game other than that?

Haha I'm pretty much in the same boat. I liked the other Arkham games and I've got about £6 worth of credit at GMG, but do I really want Origins? Can't think of anything else I want at the moment, but until 10 minutes ago I didn't think I wanted this either! Having that credit is going to make me hesitant to buy anything until something I really want to use it on comes along. I have no idea what that'll be though.

Lunaniem

I just picked this up through TF2 Outpost the other day during the 40% off sale for 4 keys, around £5ish, not sure if that sale's still on but you could check on there?

I was just looking there for it, and there seems to still be copies going around for that price.

Ruruja

bao.jpg

Milamber

So I load up Goat Simulator and get the rest of the achievements except the Trophies and the Flappy goat and I find out that they have removed some of the trophies from the map! Now what?

Dr Dogg

Well been faffing around with WebP images all afternoon to demonstrate the real future and I can't find a single decent host that takes animated ones. Well that was a bloody waste of time :(

No, 60% with 3VUROJ-VOU4IC-RHVA7N. ;)

Ooooh nice. Just got to wait for my PlayFire account to update and it's pretty much £2. Redonculious!

derExperte

So I load up Goat Simulator and get the rest of the achievements except the Trophies and the Flappy goat and I find out that they have removed some of the trophies from the map! Now what?

Do you still need the removed statues for the achievement? Also http://steamcommunity.com/app/265930/discussions/0/540738051697813445/#c540738051736645148.

And Flappy Goat was fix....

> Fixed some broken stuff on the workshop.
> Mods that crashed have to be recooked to work in 32-bit.
> Fixed the Flappy Goat hitbox
> Reduced Simulation Realism by 10%. ♥♥♥♥ got too real.
> Added Profanity filter. We didn't expect so many Kids to play it ;D
> The profanity filter is off by default.
> Optimized a bit more and added some optimization options.
> Recook the mods that crashed and they will to work in 32-bit!
> Reverted the Flappy Goat hitbox to its previous state.
> Fixed the mana regeneration issue with Arcane specced Spellblades

hehehe

Nabs

Do you still need the removed statues for the achievement? Also http://steamcommunity.com/app/265930/discussions/0/540738051697813445/#c540738051736645148.

]> Fixed the Flappy Goat hitbox

hehehe

Thank god.

I just found out about Parrying in Dark Souls. This is life altering.

oh shit. time to parry EVERYTHING.

Last I heard, consoles have Uplay too.
They do, and for some reason uPlay on consoles is still in beta.
I played The Forgotten Sands on PS3 a while ago and the design was so..weird, it looked like what a PC/Console looks like before you finish setting it up, big text, very little art, stuff like that.

It's not as bad on consoles though because holding onto saves and patching isn't done by uPlay(thankfully)

Milamber

> Fixed the Flappy Goat hitbox

hehehe
Oh thank you!

Grief.exe

Uplay in AC4 on PS4 is relegated to a menu option off to the side. It's barely even there.

I hope that is what Ubisoft is moving to post Watch Dogs. Just an overlay is acceptable to me.

I'm actually interested in Child of Light, hopefully that one has a similar implementation.

Nothing has been confirmed yet for either title, just rumors.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh Flappy Goat, thought it would be easy, so wrong I was.
Was gonna give up after almost an hour or so, but thought I'd just give it one last try, blasted through it and got 15 like a miracle.

Anyways, cool story.
www.gamespot.com/articles/vanquish-on-steam-next-summer-confirms-mikami/1100-6418984/

The Mikami gods will be watching below, to provide us the transistor to more PC platform games on the roundabout of 2014. He's not a hero, he just realized all of us gamers are fenix raged that PC ports of fantastic titles of ole' don't come to Steam at the speed of hyper light drifters. All we get are indie titles, like Mushroom 11.

Attempt to make these sentences work unsuccessful.

aku:jiki

I guess Indie Gala is having major issues launching today's bundle... It's been postponed for a total of 5-6 hours now. I need a decent new bundle after this past week's underwhelming ones!

(I'm trying to summon it by complaining about it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom