• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
New Bundlestars bundle.
Toxic Bundle - $4.99

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
  • The 7th Guest
  • The 11th Hour
  • Shadow man
  • Xotic + DLC
  • Darkout
  • Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge
  • Tribloos 2
  • Runespell: Overture
  • Heroes of Annihilated Empires

Steam keys for all games.

good bundle, expect spares

Firebrand

Hmm, yes. They're legit, right? I've seen good deals on simplycdkeys etc but I've heard bad things about them, requiring photo of driver's license etc. Thanks, I'll consider them, might be worth trying out.

Hoping Strider receives a good deal on GMG.
I'd wait for 66%+. I bought it at full price, couldn't launch it (DX11), finally got new machine, and the game's... really boring. :/

fantomena

This was my other Steam account: steamcommunity.com/id/fantomena

How was your account hacked by being public?

Not sure, but it might.

I asked the last time you made this claim, how exactly did your profile being public cause you to get hacked?

Sorry, didn't see your post. Im not sure, but it mgiht have had to do it being public.

I don't think this was the case.

Hopefully not.

Mine's public. My Steamcommunity id differs from my steamlogin, I also have steamguard enabled and 2step auth on my email account and my phone has a security lock screen as well... I'm pretty safe from hijacking.

Yeah, I have also Steamgauad and phone activation on my mail.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Who have their Steam account on public here? I might do it to gain the Playfire rewards, but Im very scared due to the reason my other account was hacked was because I had it public.

My profile has always been set to public.

Hmm, yes. They're legit, right? I've seen good deals on simplycdkeys etc but I've heard bad things about them, requiring photo of driver's license etc. Thanks, I'll consider them, might be worth trying out.

Yes.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This was my other Steam account: steamcommunity.com/id/fantomena

Not sure, but it might.

Sorry, didn't see your post. Im not sure, but it mgiht have had to do it being public.

Hopefully not.

Yeah, I have also Steamgaurd and phone activation on my mail.

Just say your account was hacked by aliens next time. It'll cut to the core of the issue.

Grief.exe

...holy shit DS2 is out next week, ugggggggggggggggggh. Grief! next week!

11 days my friend

Who have their Steam account on public here? I might do it to gain the Playfire rewards, but Im very scared due to the reason my other account was hacked was because I had it public.

I don't understand how a public page would correlate to you getting hacked. You can still lock down your inventory to decrease your chances of being targeted, but there are still so many safeguards in place.

Grief.exe

With everyone talking about password managers and Heartbleed, I decided to update all my passwords for sites with sensitive information (IE Steam, Paypal, Bank, etc).

My bank only allows passwords of 8-12 characters...

ihR7Ngz5lPLsK.png

EDIT: It also says passwords are not case-sensitive. Am I correct in assuming that means it will not recognize differences between lower/upper case letters?

whoa that bundle rules!

anyone have opinions on Meltdown? http://store.steampowered.com/app/268220/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1
My impressions from the Indie Thread
I had enjoyed Meltdown on IOS, but I think it played best on PC. Meltdown is best described as an arcade arena shooter, as you're dropped into randomly generated areas and must fight waves of dangerous machines. A few things separate Meltdown from your usual arena action game. One, rather than fighting large hordes of enemies, you only face a few at a time, with each requiring different tactics. Some are close-up brawlers, some are armored, some pepper you with bullets from afar. And two, there's a cover system, giving the game a slower more tactical pace. Skill trees, weapon upgrades, different melee weapons allow you to customize your loadout. In some ways, its mobile origin is evident, but I don't think that diminishes the game overall.

_hekk05

Banned
Mine's public. My Steamcommunity id differs from my steamlogin, I also have steamguard enabled and 2step auth on my email account and my phone has a security lock screen as well... I'm pretty safe from hijacking.

Mine's public too. My login is different from my id which is different from my profile name. I also have steamguard and 2step on email. Nothing's gone out of the ordinary so far, although my gmail account had someone try to access it from China once. I changed my passwords in a heartbeat.

morningbus

Are you sure that's yours?

edit: and how many Steam accounts do you have? 3?

That guy was online 8 hours ago. That's some alphadog shit right there.

I'd message GAFantomena and be all like, "sup."

DocSeuss

New Bundlestars bundle.
Toxic Bundle - $4.99

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
  • The 7th Guest
  • The 11th Hour
  • Shadow man
  • Xotic + DLC
  • Darkout
  • Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge
  • Tribloos 2
  • Runespell: Overture
  • Heroes of Annihilated Empires

Steam keys for all games.

Woah, the best STALKER of all! Everyone should get it if they haven't already.

What IDIOTS are voting for Portal 2 in the Playfire poll? Most people HAVE the game, and most people will have played the game and earned lots of achievements. It makes no sense whatsoever. Voting for Papers, Please would let most people get more credit.

Woah, the best STALKER of all! Everyone should get it if they haven't already.

What IDIOTS are voting for Portal 2 in the Playfire poll? Most people HAVE the game, and most people will have played the game and earned lots of achievements. It makes no sense whatsoever. Voting for Papers, Please would let most people get more credit.
Why is Clear Sky the best?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R is so good, best game in the past 10 years. I only played the first 2 but I own all 3. I also read Roadside Picnic afterwords, fascinating book.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Xotic comes with all the DLC included...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Xotic -- MB-81A7B20F82D4A3D2 - Taken by _hekk05. 5 entrants total.
Runespell Overture -- MB-49AB37EF787F3507 - Taken by Volimar. 6 entrants total.
Darkout -- MB-3A9BD76B4E8F5BE7 - Taken by DJSebolski. 14 entrants total.

t1397497117z1.png

Oh good, the 20% gmg coupon works on Dark Souls 2. Still bummed I didn't get to use the 25% one in time as my credit hadn't cashed but oh well.

Edit: Oh my gosh, not World of Darkness ;-;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
games

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky -- MB-6EDE9ADBC83B676A - Taken by More_Badass. 17 entrants total.
Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge -- MB-F9DD3DCE9B0C7608 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
Runespell: Overture -- MB-D2B5BDAA6965B286 - Taken by bornlivedie. 4 entrants total.
Heroes of Annihilated Empires -- MB-BBABD4F4ED52E233 - Taken by BernardoOne. 9 entrants total.
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive -- MB-A9F266EF1DA83E6E - Taken by Sammichu. 5 entrants total.

t1397496982z1.png

Grief.exe

And gets more people interested in Papers Please, Portal 2 doesn't need any help. I suppose people are just resetting the achievements with SAM.

Why is Clear Sky the best?

It is generally considered the worst entry in the series.

I prefer to say next week, sounds less painful :(

That is true, every time I list off the days until Dark Souls II release it seems like time is hardly moving.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I have a TON of extra Steam keys from various places that have been accumulating over the past few weeks.

Epic Modbot giveaway incoming. It'll be a 24 hour free for all.

Rhaknar

No weekly deals, Easter Sale confirmed.

theres a bunch of weekly deals on shitty bundle-style games as usual, there just isnt the header up on the main page

Grief.exe

So not only does my bank only allow passwords of 12 characters, but it also says passwords are not case-sensitive.

Am I correct in assuming that means it will not recognize differences between lower/upper case letters?

morningbus

So not only does my bank only allow passwords of 12 characters, but it also says passwords are not case-sensitive.

Am I correct in assuming that means it will not recognize differences between lower/upper case letters?

Yes.

Blizzard

Banned
Wouldn't call them fads, just popular genres. Silly simulator games is a fad. The infinite flappy clones on mobile is a fad. Survival games, roguelikes, and open world exploration/building games are not fads, they're simply types of games
I agree with this. Zombie games were huge and if they're less common now I'm happy with it, though maybe there are some zombie lovers who hate me for it. Horror seems to be getting more popular. Open world stuff is presumably getting more popular.

What distinguishes a fad from a popular genre? I suppose only the duration. Either way, to me it seems like people who like the games get to enjoy them, people who don't still have plenty of other options right now, Steam makes money from them, and everyone is happy.

If Steam had ONLY converted to those type of games that might be bad, but I feel like there are still a lot of genres on Steam.

Ruruja

Didn't you already post this or am I losing my mind?

Anyways, that doesn't sound very secure if so.

Terra_Ex

Yes, and that's ridiculous. In addition to this, far too many sites also don't allow the use of special characters in your passwords and then when you get hacked for having a 12 character password in single case they'll say it was your fault for not choosing a secure password...

Grief.exe

iblwWktjDkxZum.gif

Didn't you already post this or am I losing my mind?

Anyways, that doesn't sound very secure if so.

I edited that into my original post, but the page had already transitioned over when that happened, so just asked again to clarify.

50 posts per page is best

And it is very unsecure. I literally just logged in by using a password with random case definitions. There is also no option for two-step authentication.

Its the best graphically.

Call of Pripyat with mods is pretty crazy.

I should spend more time with Clear Sky now that the various complete mods have long been out. It focused a lot more on group/faction dynamics which was interesting but all of it was broken at launch. Not to mention how enemies could throw grenades from a mile away.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes, and that's ridiculous. In addition to this, far too many sites also don't allow the use of special characters in your passwords and then when you get hacked for having a 12 character password in single case they'll say it was your fault for not choosing a secure password...

I had to remove special characters from my Uplay password because Far Cry 2's in-game log-in form doesn't support them.

Deadbeat

Banned
Call of Pripyat with mods is pretty crazy.

I should spend more time with Clear Sky now that the various complete mods have long been out. It focused a lot more on group/faction dynamics which was interesting but all of it was broken at launch. Not to mention how enemies could throw grenades from a mile away.
The only good complete mod was the one for clear sky because it fixed the game and polished stuff up instead of adding a bunch of dumb shit.

hohoXD123

iblwWktjDkxZum.gif

I edited that into my original post, but the page had already transitioned over when that happened, so just asked again to clarify.

50 posts per page is best

And it is very unsecure. I literally just logged in by using a password with random case definitions. There is also no option for two-step authentication.

Doesn't your bank use two-step verification? Seems pretty damn stupid for a bank of all places to be this terrible with passwords.

edit: Just reread your post, that sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom