• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Anyone posted Indie Gala Last Dream bundle?

Minimum $1
Cafe 0
Jazz Trump's Journey
Samphi

$3.81 / $5.19
Threadspace Hyperbol
Tales from the dragon mountain
Last Dream
The 7th Guest
Imagine Me
Jolly Rover
Evil Quest

+ 2 Steam games to unlock soon.
Quite a nice bundle, imo.

Before I clicked through to find out what this was, I was briefly shocked:
xUsxWOG.png

Got to say, at the Russian price, it is tempting. It's not something I would ever use though :p

inm8num2

Man it is getting difficult for me to track all the gaming deals/news. Bundles, sales, rewards, cards, and more! I'm feeling a bit of information overload, but it's an exciting time. :)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
While not a great game, actually it's rather Bad, it's not Rats. Still, best I can offer for a while. Enjoy if you can.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:
Try the Konami Code on any GAF page.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Legendary -- MB-86161D7339890AEB - Taken by Diedac. 6 entrants total.

t1397510302z1.png

tylergregg

Neo Member
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FEZ -- MB-1ECF542C0EFD19B1

Vecks

How bizarre, only one piece of cosmetic DLC is on sale for Awesomenauts. Not the game itself, not the expansion, not a pack of cosmetic DLC, a single skin for one character.

Yeah, that's weird. I haven't played awesomenauts in a while though, so I wouldn't know, but maybe it's a really popular skin? Or maybe they're planning on doing some other sale during the week to go with it.

Aerocrane

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart is also on sale for 50% off as a part of the Weeklong Deals.
It is an HD rerelease of the Russian cult classic Space Rangers 2 where you the player are a "Space Ranger", defending the galaxy from the alien race Dominators who threaten the existence of all other races. It is a crazy mix of genres, with turn-based space combat, RTS planetary battles with the option to control the units from third-person perspective like a shooter, text adventure events and a shmup mode. Mind you, this game was originally released back in 2004 and is definitely still very much an "Euro jank" game.

DocSeuss

All you dudes doing giveaways make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Got nothing I don't have already, but it's still great fun to watch. You rock.

I've played the first quarter. It's a pretty bad FPS with bad writing and bad level design and it just feels really cheap. But the wolf enemies resurrect themselves unless you cut off their heads, so that's pretty cool.

Until Darkest of Days, it was the worst shooter I had ever played.

Why is Clear Sky the best?

A lot of people consider it the worst, it's worth saying.

1) It reuses and improves maps from the previous game, which some people feel is cheap, but I love. It also has the best visuals in the series, greatly improved mechanics, and some fantastic new maps. Oh, and it's not as crash-prone as the original!

2) It has the most life.

A lot of people are upset by this. Most people, when they get a quest, expect to be able to complete it. But you can't. The world constantly moves. It lives and breathes on its own.

Almost all the complaints about Clear Sky have centered on "I can't possibly be expected to complete all the missions it gives me!"

Most people expect a game to let them win, more or less. They think they can "complete" the game, doing all the quests assigned. As a result, when bandits take back the camp, when someone screams on the radio for help and there's nothing you can do, these people get upset.

And this is brilliant.

Your inability to do all the missions underscores the point: you're just one person. You can't do everything. You have to go through a world knowing that people you helped a while before are dying around you, because The Zone is a harsh, cruel, and unforgiving place. There is nothing you can do. You cannot play god.

Some people like Call of Pripyat best, but its world feels too artificial and empty to matter. Its two maps aren't particularly great, either. Call of Pripyat, to this day, remains the only STALKER game I've ever actually beaten, because it was just too easy to get through. The other two... I just boot it up and get lost in the world for a long, long time.

Clear Sky has most of Pripyat's mechanics, but the best maps in the series, and the faction wars that make the player feel powerless. It's awesome.

I hope I did this right...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-F524CE92BC8D825C - Taken by KenOD. 8 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-5CE001E855A6EBC6 - Taken by Darkroronoa. 4 entrants total.
FEAR 2: Project Origin -- MB-1BDBDAEBACFF84D8 - Taken by -Deimos. 1 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-BC2D99A2B3A2D276
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-D349679D0CE50F3D - Taken by cardinalmind. 2 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-5341019274BE21CB - Taken by zkylon. 4 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine -- MB-35C27B72C388D083 - Taken by AsylumX. 3 entrants total.
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-8CA34ADEC3B305E9 - Taken by didamangi. 6 entrants total.
FEAR -- MB-985DA1D08028A315 - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 2 entrants total.
FEAR 3 -- MB-BC5E9D8D7D5FE621 - Taken by zeroOman. 2 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-F24CEF9429B6BB64 - Taken by Ezalc. 1 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-48C421469D89E362 - Taken by kulapik. 3 entrants total.
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-4357CDB977151627 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 7 entrants total.

t1397510527z1.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
WAIT HOLD UP

Christmas was 4 months ago

You changed your avatar! Well, more or less, as it's technically the same thing, but it's different as redrawn!

And took me a second to realize what you were referring too, but yes. I just have been keeping it like this, as the doodle in my avatar is in a game I'm currently making and the thought of the misplaced Santa hat amuses me. That and I think of it as an inside joke with friends, since I usually give them spare games or games I want to play multiplayer with them in, and they jokingly call it Ryanchristmas.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that new indiegala doesnt seem to be the monday weekly one, wonder if they are done with that after just 2

edit: also one has to assume tales from the dragon mountain 2 is one of the mystery games

Knurek

If anyone who has Last Dream buys the new Indie Gala, shoot me a PM, I could Paypal... say, $1.5 for the game.

Don't feel (or already have) the rest of the bundle, $4 is a bit too high for a single RPGMaker game.

Anteater

oh man fuck I was telling my friend his gf might like child of light, now I really want to buy it from watching the videos, the fucking music man.

Twinduct

Hmm steam should really have 2-way authentication with mobile phones of tags or some shit.

In related news, my origin account has now been hacked 4 times. Not sure how they're gaining access as it's a unique pass. Also no spyware and stuff on my PC.

Funny enough they just 'borrow' my account to play BF4 heh.

Also yo steam where's the deals!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Anyone posted Indie Gala Last Dream bundle?

Minimum $1
Cafe 0
Jazz Trump's Journey
Samphi

$3.81 / $5.19
Threadspace Hyperbol
Tales from the dragon mountain
Last Dream
The 7th Guest
Imagine Me
Jolly Rover
Evil Quest

+ 2 Steam games to unlock soon.

mmmmhhhh, bought it but none of the steam keys works... all invalid

thats a new one...

Terra_Ex

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart is also on sale for 50% off as a part of the Weeklong Deals.
It is an HD rerelease of the Russian cult classic Space Rangers 2 where you the player are a "Space Ranger", defending the galaxy from the alien race Dominators who threaten the existence of all other races. It is a crazy mix of genres, with turn-based space combat, RTS planetary battles with the option to control the units from third-person perspective like a shooter, text adventure events and a shmup mode. Mind you, this game was originally released back in 2004 and is definitely still very much an "Euro jank" game.
This game is really great, sort of like Mount and Blade but in space. Very underrated game and well worth it at that price.

Jawmuncher

You changed your avatar! Well, more or less, as it's technically the same thing, but it's different as redrawn!

And took me a second to realize what you were referring too, but yes. I just have been keeping it like this, as the doodle in my avatar is in a game I'm currently making and the thought of the misplaced Santa hat amuses me. That and I think of it as an inside joke with friends, since I usually give them spare games or games I want to play multiplayer with them in, and they jokingly call it Ryanchristmas.

Yeah I wasn't feeling my avatar, was really half ass so I decided to whip something up that was a bit better. But I just wanted to call you out since I had just realized the hat was still there and I figured there was a story behind it.

aaaaand it's AWESOME. :)

Thanks. Wanted to fit in better since avatar of just using the box was kinda plain.

jawmuncher has a better avatar now, so moeeee

disclaimer: i don't know what moe actually means

Oh, it's moeeee allright.

lol changing it up just like the US and JPN versions of Regina.

I think you should be good now. There's even RPG Maker games on there now.

The raise of RPG Maker games.

Nice avatar.

Hmm steam should really have 2-way authentication with mobile phones of tags or some shit.

In related news, my origin account has now been hacked 4 times. Not sure how they're gaining access as it's a unique pass. Also no spyware and stuff on my PC.

Funny enough they just 'borrow' my account to play BF4 heh.

Also yo steam where's the deals!

Origin Family Share.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
more games

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Jolly Rover -- MB-1F8044837984E48E - Taken by wetflame
The 7th Guest -- MB-085209083D863215 - Taken by Oreoleo

Dusk Golem

Yeah I wasn't feeling my avatar, was really half ass so I decided to whip something up that was a bit better. But I just wanted to call you out since I had just realized the hat was still there and I figured there was a story behind it.

Thanks. Wanted to fit in better since avatar of just using the box was kinda plain.

lol changing it up just like the US and JPN versions of Regina.

Oh, you drew it yourself, I'm impressed~ And you're right, there was a story behind it.

Of course I need to put a damper in your plans, as you brought it to my attention I'll just quickly swap it out for another doodle of Face a friend quickly doodled some time ago. I have a stupid amount of doodles of Face from other people, but thinking I should change it to maybe a more recent art piece that isn't a doodle of something from the game I've been working on the last month.

I'M RIDING THAT TRAIN. Working on what will totally be the best one.

Jawmuncher

http://www.namco.com/game/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-revolution.html

Looks like the new Naruto game is coming to steam. I guess the other game sold well enough?

Hopefully it's a better port than Full Burst..

That was the issue with full burst? 30FPS and the health gauges didn't scale for bigger resolutions?

Nice avatar.

They are all over the place. I kinda don't mind though since some good stuff has come out of RPG Maker like Corpse Party. Also thanks.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

EvilQuest -- MB-152C716C0435D790 - Taken by dot. 7 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Jazz Trump's Journey (Desura) -- MB-66B446E5E2B52E3D - Taken by Lomax. 2 entrants total.
Jolly Rover -- MB-A035BA9F4CDE1DBF - Taken by VikasNarula. 4 entrants total.
The 7th Guest -- MB-0FFEF57DFB1F2326 - Taken by Kifimbo. 8 entrants total.

t1397501887z1.png

Aerocrane

This game is really great, sort of like Mount and Blade but in space. Very underrated game and well worth it at that price.

Space Rangers 2 is one of my favourite games of all time. I bought it after reading a glowing review in Pelit magazine back in 2005. I pre-ordered the HD rerelease, but at least back on release it had problems with the text being unreadably small. I'd love to play it again, but I just don't have the time to put in another couple hundred hours into the game like I did years ago.

Dusk Golem

They are all over the place. I kinda don't mind though since some good stuff has come out of RPG Maker like Corpse Party. Also thanks.

I still don't understand why Yume Nikki isn't on Steam. It's free, sure, but it's a classic, and is on a few other game services officially. Yume Nikki also has official merchandising and even an official manga and marketing firm, but I guess the developer just has never tried. I know it's not -needed- to be on Steam, but it's a classic.

Ib and Witch's House make more sense why they're not on Steam as they use some pre-existing things they couldn't sell, but Yume Nikki was made completely from the ground-up.

Jawmuncher

Oh, you drew it yourself, I'm impressed~ And you're right, there was a story behind it.

Of course I need to put a damper in your plans, as you brought it to my attention I'll just quickly swap it out for another doodle of Face a friend quickly doodled some time ago. I have a stupid amount of doodles of Face from other people, but thinking I should change it to maybe a more recent art piece that isn't a doodle of something from the game I've been working on the last month.

I'M RIDING THAT TRAIN. Working on what will totally be the best one.

OH NO NO NO. I didn't draw. Shit if I could draw it I would have never of even had my old one. I just resized, put the logo in, and added some color. Though changing your avatar looks good. I noticed the image on your youtube awhile back.

I still don't understand why Yume Nikki isn't on Steam. It's free, sure, but it's a classic, and is on a few other game services officially. Yume Nikki also has official merchandising and even an official manga and marketing firm, but I guess the developer just has never tried. I know it's not -needed- to be on Steam, but it's a classic.

Ib and Witch's House make more sense why they're not on Steam as they use some pre-existing things they couldn't sell, but Yume Nikki was made completely from the ground-up.

I think someone just needs to put it on greenlight. Cry for Fear got put for free on the Steam Store the same way. Maybe they just haven't figured out that they should do that. Especially considering the popularity.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Summoner is on sale on the Humble Store for $1.99.

Can't really go wrong for the price.

Jawmuncher

Summoner is on sale on the Humble Store for $1.99.

Can't really go wrong for the price.

Grabbed this awhile back for basically the same price.
It's a good game guys especially those looking from something Dragon Age-esque though sans the dialog options. Just a note it's a quicky port to steam so nothing special to it. So resolution won't go to higher sizes of today and you might need to trick the launcher that you have a voodoo card since it can't detect some newer cards. (Fix for that is very easy though PM me if you need it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom