• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

I can't find mention of it elsewhere on this thread: Humongous Entertainment's stuff's now on Steam.

http://humongous.com/2014/04/humongous-entertainment-gets-the-steam-treatment/

I thought these were rather good kid-friendly adventures back in the day (Putt Putt, Freddi Fish, Pyjama Sam, Spy Fox, Fatty Bear), and while I doubt they'll interest adults all that much outside nostalgia, parents might be interested.

Looks like Night Dive are behind this (Indeed, I mentioned it a day or two ago in the GoG thread on the expectation that the games would appear there - a wrong call on my part)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't find mention of it elsewhere on this thread: Humongous Entertainment's stuff's now on Steam.

I thought these were rather good kid-friendly adventures back in the day (Putt Putt, Freddi Fish, Pyjama Sam, Spy Fox, Fatty Bear), and while I doubt they'll interest adults all that much outside nostalgia, parents might be interested.

Looks like Night Dive are behind this (Indeed, I mentioned it a day or two ago in the GoG thread on the expectation that the games would appear there - a wrong call on my part)

I hope there'll be a bundle with all the games included.

JaseC

Well, they're staggering the releases. My gut says that it's more likely that we'll see bundles for each individual range, if anything.

Perhaps not immediately but it'd be a good idea for the Summer Sale. I think the staggered releases may be a Valve policy -- you see KISS, 1C and Strategy First release a few games each week instead of all at once.

Jawmuncher

God, the artwork is beyond terrible.
Eh it could be a lot worse....like higurashi.
Still can't get over them not wanting to update it.

another wild dating sim appears

edited: why is Ultima Online on greenlight lol
That doesn't make any sense

Thumbs Up

Thief 4 $13,59
Thief 4: Master Thief Edition $14,40

Price after 20% off voucher: O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK

Grabbed it. 13.60 is fine by me. Won't go cheaper than 12.50 during the Steam Summer sale. 14 and lower is always my cave price for "AAA" games.

aku:jiki

Just finished EvilQuest. It's funny how they've likely attempted to make a high-quality ARPG, but ended up making something that's more reminiscent of mid-to-low tier SNES ARPGs like something like Lagoon but with the fairly low graphical quality of something like FFIV. That probably earned it a few bonus points for me, weird as it is. Also bonus points for being short and small, since the mediocrity probably wouldn't have felt as fun if it was 20 hours.

Always disappointing when a game has absurd achievements, though. I liked this well enough to want to complete it but the "hit 35 in all stats" acheivements are just dumb. (35 is a lot in this game. In a complete run, I only hit 35 in one stat while exploring everything and killing every enemy in my way, and there's four stats to max out. Two of my other stats aren't even halfway! Fuck that.)

Multiple hair colors including pink... Check!
Yeah, but no one has green. Get that ridiculous brunette out of there.

def sim

Wow, I can get Thief with my GMG credit. I'm not going to play it immediately, but that price might be a mistake and I might miss out! D:

Is the girl in red waist unaligned with rest of the body?

That's not a physical deformity, it is just the artistic decision of the producer. Respect the art!
P.S.: As you may have guessed I didn't see the image but that didn't stop me. Maybe I should apply as a twitter poster for some game studio. That way I could belittle gamers, make fun of their choices and keep my job / not get banned.

JaseC

Tropico 5's pre-purchase period will begin "in a few hours":

The Kalypso newsletter that I probably had to sign up for to express my interest in the beta that I didn't get into :sadcloud: said:
The pre-purchase of the digital version on STEAM is also going to start in a few hours. You can choose between the Standard Edition and the Steam Special Edition, which includes a new ‘Isla de Vapor’ map and a costume for your avatar as well as the digital “Guide through Tropico Island” (PDF file). Upon pre-ordering you will receive a 10% discount. Plus, you’ll get additional goodies, based on a tier-system depending on the overall number of STEAM pre-orders.

Tier 1: Tropico 4 STEAM Key*
Tier 2: Tropico 4 STEAM Key* + Tropico 5-DLC ‘The Big Cheese’
(available directly upon release in summer 2014)*
Tier 3: Tropico 4 STEAM Key* + Tropico 5-DLC ‘The Big Cheese’
(available directly upon release in summer 2014)* +
Omerta - City of Gangsters STEAM Key*

(*Should you already own this digital content, you can gift your key to a friend).

If memory serves, this'll be the first game since F1 2013 to have tiered rewards.

Wow, this is amazing to me. Sometime after my life is in order, I need to promote Elroy Goes Bugzerk, Elroy Hits The Pavement, and Iz & Auggie Escape From Dimension Q from Headbone Intereactive. These games are at least as awesome as the first two Spy Fox games from Humongous I played. I need to at least make youtube videos sometime for the Headbone stuff. I don't know the legal situation with this stuff. Also, I think at least one of those titles doesn't run on modern systems.

One can join the 5 and 6 people at
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/elroy_goes_bugzerk
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/elroy_hits_the_pavement
None for Iz & Auggie yet.

mclem

The pre-purchase of the digital version on STEAM is also going to start in a few hours. You can choose between the Standard Edition and the Steam Special Edition, which includes a new ‘Isla de Vapor’ map and a costume for your avatar as well as the digital “Guide through Tropico Island” (PDF file).

AKA: Vapor-where.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
*Goes to check new Playfire rewards*
  • Trainz™ Simulator 12 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Trainz™ Simulator 12 - unlock Complete Tutorial 1 - £0.10
  • Trainz™ Simulator 12 - unlock Trainee Hostler - £0.25
  • Trainz™ Simulator 12 - unlock Station Assistant - £0.50
Looks like I'm Choo-Choo-Choosing to get 95p in GMG credit tonight!

JaseC

AKA: Vapor-where.

Speaking of the Special Edition, I should note that there doesn't appear to be any 2/4-packs for it as there are for the standard edition. I hate it when publishers do this -- it's as though you're being punished for having the audacity to desire the more expensive product.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Anybody know where I can check when the Thief GMG deal ends? Checked their blog but they didn't list it

Arthea

Fanto bought stuff from them, so yeah, there are ways around it.

may be we can talk you into buying us some stuff? games aren't region locked are they? and we don't have to play them in polish? I wouldn't mind, but prefer english somewhat.

These deals aren't as good for me as the capcom ones, doesn't hurt as much this time!
... wait what Capcpom deals... if there was a good deal on Naruto and RE4, don't tell me, I'll be upset.

Knurek

I'm tempted to get Fallout 3, actually. The price seems to be less than 3€ for the GOTY Version but I need to search for more info.

Hmm, guess I'll hold (just check my Backlog, lol). Also Dark Souls II is coming and I might get Child of Light but not on Steam, probably.

Just divide prices by 3 to get dollars.

may be we can talk you into buying us some stuff? games aren't region locked are they? and we don't have to play them in polish? I wouldn't mind, but prefer english somewhat.
... wait what Capcpom deals... if there was a good deal on Naruto and RE4, don't tell me, I'll be upset.

Yeah, they had a massive Capcom sale last week, got Resi4/6/Rev and Naruto for ~$6,5 each.
Can't help with purchases, sorry, I'm at work ATM with no access to my bank account. Games can be region locked (similarly to Inversion from Amazon), not sure if using VPN to register codes would help - check SteamDB for EE specific subs.

Benedict

o6PW9uq.gif

Art is terrible, I guess.

erhmmm.... who is the redhead?

Isn't retail still strong in Germany? Then it makes sense releasing a retail version.

From what i see, retail isnt that strong here in germany. Console games are very strong compared to pc (Because nobody wants it digital console games). But you have some great deals here (Far Cry 3 was 15€ after 3 months here).

But i dont know how good retail indies and retail simulations are.

Arthea

Yeah, they had a massive Capcom sale last week, got Resi4/6/Rev and Naruto for ~$6,5 each.
Can't help with purchases, sorry, I'm at work ATM with no access to my bank account. Games can be region locked (similarly to Inversion from Amazon), not sure if using VPN to register codes would help - check SteamDB for EE specific subs.

If region locking is likely, then not even gonna try.
Capcom sale would made much harder to resist, though

r3n4ud

Meanwhile Life Goes On is out tomorrow. I really recommend trying at least the demo out to see if it is something you will like. I tried it randomly and really enjoyed the "Death to solve puzzles" concept.
Only downer is the price of $12.99 which may or may not be worth it depending on how much content there is.

Devs said it'll have a 25% discount at launch. Been waiting for this one for awhile. Glad to see it finally releasing!

MUnited83

For you.
Thanks for reminding me that I have a Wasted Land key sitting in my inbox. I forgot to activate it this morning.

Which reminds me that I have to go through my Indiegala emails and see the bundle where I got the android version, so I can request key from the devs.

BruteUA

Cool, someone's buying my TF2 unusual for keys. I can start building up a Summer Sale wallet.
If I don't give in and spend it long before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom