• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

The puzzling element comes from troubleshooting the vehicles problems. At first you're told exactly what to do for each work order, but as you progress the customer descriptions become more vague sometimes, forcing you to test-drive the cars and inspect the condition of individual parts.
So does this game include the ability to hoon a customer's sports car, wrap it around a tree in the process of joyriding it, and end up featured as a subject of ridicule on Jalopnik?

aku:jiki

Almost done with Evoland too! Short games and a day off is a great combination, I have time to beat another short game today!

Take the salt back to the other thread if you are so butthurt about the truth.
If you had included some meme pic, this post would've the perfect example of everything that sucks about PC gamers.

fantomena

I have chosen too see my unfinished games (on PC and other devices) not as a backlog, but a library where Im just gonna play the games I want to play and not play the games I have not much interest in playing just to finish them.

Which means I am simply giving up the backlog and play whatever I want to play from my library of unfinished games.

yuraya

Brb, gonna go defend PC's honor in the PS4 sales thread.

LividForthrightKinglet.gif

Don't do it man. Its not worth it.

Tellaerin

I have chosen too see my unfinished games (on PC and other devices) not as a backlog, but a library where Im just gonna play the games I want to play and not play the games I have not much interest in playing just to finish them.

Which means I am simply giving up the backlog and play whatever I want to play from my library of unfinished games.

That's the only way to look at it, really. Your library shouldn't feel like an obligation.

def sim

Good for you, man. We shouldn't see a collection of games as a burden to overcome. It defeats the purpose of the hobby.

I don't think Stallion was serious. At least I hope not.

RIP in peace if you were though.

Of course he wasn't, but best of luck in all things anyway!

Grief.exe

That's how I see it.

I fully plan on booting up Deus Ex and System Shock 2 in a nursing home when I'm 90.

Dr Dogg

Uh oh...I wonder if it'll be controversial.

Hahaha funnily I'd say that's hardly controversial. Maybe could do with expanding on some finer points but pretty much sums up the closed and transient nature of consoles. More to do with a platform holders standpoint than any thing else.

Well, those, and the BR sub, are retail subs. The only store sub is a "worldwide" one so I assume it'll either be region-free as it is now or just have the ACRTAG flag applied. Speaking of which, somebody tell Deep Silver that said flag is useless on retail subs because, uh, you can't buy them as gifts.

Well they're learning. It's better than the madness of Dead Island and Saints Row IV.

Nabs

Ah, of course! This isn't backpedaling, you were simply being sarcastic the whole time! Very good, sir. Very good. *tips fedora* *jiggles neckfat*

I'm not used to these sort of attacks in this thread. Is this what console war threads look like?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like its getting Steamy in here. Get it? Steamy

I think its funny.

That's a quality pun.

I keep the backlog stuff so I don't become completely inundated with unplayed games, though I still play what I want when I want to. Backloggery is great for helping to catalog my library.

Ah, of course! This isn't backpedaling, you were simply being sarcastic the whole time! Very good, sir. Very good. *tips fedora* *jiggles neckfat*

I'm not going to lie, the last part made me laugh.

But seriously, we all need to just chill and relax. No need to get offensive towards each other.

I can't find mention of it elsewhere on this thread: Humongous Entertainment's stuff's now on Steam.

http://humongous.com/2014/04/humongous-entertainment-gets-the-steam-treatment/

I thought these were rather good kid-friendly adventures back in the day (Putt Putt, Freddi Fish, Pyjama Sam, Spy Fox, Fatty Bear), and while I doubt they'll interest adults all that much outside nostalgia, parents might be interested.

Looks like Night Dive are behind this (Indeed, I mentioned it a day or two ago in the GoG thread on the expectation that the games would appear there - a wrong call on my part)

Freddi Fish and Pajama Sam will be mine. Childhood memories right there.

Annubis

I'm not used to these sort of attacks in this thread. Is this what console war threads look like?

Don't blame the console; blame the poster.
XBONE/PS4/WIIU didn't put a gun to his head to make him write this shit. He did it all on his own.

The_Monk

You should never get used to any sort of attacks from any GAFfer in any thread no matter what the subject is Nabs. I just hope we can all hang out and be respectful to others.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't find mention of it elsewhere on this thread: Humongous Entertainment's stuff's now on Steam.

http://humongous.com/2014/04/humongous-entertainment-gets-the-steam-treatment/

I thought these were rather good kid-friendly adventures back in the day (Putt Putt, Freddi Fish, Pyjama Sam, Spy Fox, Fatty Bear), and while I doubt they'll interest adults all that much outside nostalgia, parents might be interested.

Looks like Night Dive are behind this (Indeed, I mentioned it a day or two ago in the GoG thread on the expectation that the games would appear there - a wrong call on my part)
Awww, I suddenly feel really nostalgic. I still have my CDs of Putt-Putt Travels Through Time and Saves the Zoo. By the way, I don't see the latter in the release list, is there any reason for that?

Thats good. This is how everyone should see it. I buy bundles for maybe 1-2 game. And sometimes when im really bored and have nothing new to play i start something im interested in playing and havent completed yet.

Playing a game just because its in your backlog is just bullshit. I dont think i would complete a game like Revelations 2012 or Planet Alcatraz just for the sake of removing it from my backlog list.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
But seriously, we all need to just chill and relax. No need to get offensive towards each other.

I like to think it's all in good fun. I'm just killing time til my flight, where I'll give either Broken Sword 5 or Book of Unwritten Tales a whirl.

Anyone have thoughts on which I should play first?

HoosTrax

guys, am i a bad PC gamer if I haven't bought Cryostasis solely because it doesn't have controller support?
Is it even available to buy at all? I don't see the game itself on Steam anymore (although I do see the trailer...).

I've been messing around with some hybrid control schemes myself. Particularly with twin-stick shooters, I find the ideal combination to be left analog stick + mouse aiming. Problem with this is that some games don't like to have both controls schemes active at the same time, so you'll constantly see the mouse cursor flickering on/off. I usually do this style using a 360 held in my left hand, but I've been thinking of buying a WII-->USB adapter to connect my Nunchuk.

Is it even available to buy at all? I don't see the game itself on Steam anymore (although I do see the trailer...).

You can find unopened copies on amazon and they are some sites still selling keys here and there. My problem is that my PC is hooked up to my TV (I have no monitor for it at all) so playing KB/M is kind of a chore.

mclem

Hahahaha. "Bought out" doesn't begin to cover it.

Mattel bought the Learning Company in one of the largest software company acquisitions ever. Mattel divested The Learning Company to an investment firm after taking an enormous writedown on the acquisition (whoops!). That investment firm split up The Learning Company's IP; Riverdeep owns some, Ubisoft owns some. Riverdeep was bought by Houghton Mifflin, the publishing company.

Sounds like a licensing minefield.

guys, am i a bad PC gamer if I haven't bought Cryostasis solely because it doesn't have controller support?

No. Everyone needs to get "into" Keyboard+Mouse controls for games.

But if you dont at least try it out in games where aiming isnt that important (like in Cryostasis) you wont learn it. You wont know how it is to aim 5 times better than a console gamer just because mouse+keyboard is born for strategy and fps games.

I've been messing around with some hybrid control schemes myself. Particularly with twin-stick shooters, I find the ideal combination to be left analog stick + mouse aiming. Problem with this is that some games don't like to have both controls schemes active at the same time, so you'll constantly see the mouse cursor flickering on/off. I usually do this style using a 360 held in my left hand, but I've been thinking of buying a WII-->USB adapter to connect my Nunchuk.

Interesting Control scheme.... i consider it for my next game.

Echoplx

Are gift purchases counted in Enhanced Steams store transactions total? I have quite a lot of stuff there that technically I didn't buy (helping people with regional pricing etc)

Trying to get a better idea of how much I've spent (terrible idea)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It all seemed so simple: defeat the mad scientist, free the land and ride into the sunset, but sometimes the fall of a villain only opens the way to more sinister foes. So the incredible adventures continue, and Van Helsing, the famous monster-hunter returns to save the day again with the help of his charming, ghostly companion, Lady Katarina. The gothic metropolis of weird science is on the brink of destruction as chaos rules the streets and a new enemy plots revenge. It’s time to enter the dark side of Borgova and the forbidden wilderness, but beware: you are not the only one behind a mask.

10% off ($13.49) until release (May 23rd).

Are gift purchases counted in Enhanced Steams store transactions total? I have quite a lot of stuff there that technically I didn't buy (helping people with regional pricing etc)

Yes.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Yes, currently gift purchases are included in your "Store transactions" total.

I suppose it would be helpful if those were split out into their own subtotal, huh?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Yes, currently gift purchases are included in your "Store transactions" total.

I suppose it would be helpful if those were split out into their own subtotal, huh?

Just got ES after your last giveaway - it's great! Excellent functionality, keep up the good work.

No. Everyone needs to get "into" Keyboard+Mouse controls for games.

But if you dont at least try it out in games where aiming isnt that important (like in Cryostasis) you wont learn it. You wont know how it is to aim 5 times better than a console gamer just because mouse+keyboard is born for strategy and fps games.

My man, I was almost failing college semester due to counterstrike. The virtues of the KB/M setup need not be extolled upon me. But my current setup makes controller gaming much more palatable. I guess I need to look into a decent lap setup for KB/M or wait for the steam controller and hope that it is a doable way of dealing with games lacking controller support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom