• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadbeat

Banned
You can find unopened copies on amazon and they are some sites still selling keys here and there. My problem is that my PC is hooked up to my TV (I have no monitor for it at all) so playing KB/M is kind of a chore.
Just buy a physical copy and put the game in your "back log". The case looks spiffy.

derExperte

Nope. I wish there were one for the Special Edition.

Are we sure the 4pack isn't the SSE?

Info about the SSE (stolen from the Steam forum, it's from a mail by Kalypso):

The pre-purchase of the digital version on STEAM is also going to start in a few hours. You can choose between the Standard Edition and the Steam Special Edition, which includes a new ‘Isla de Vapor’ map and a costume for your avatar as well as the digital “Guide through Tropico Island” (PDF file).

Upon pre-ordering you will receive a 10% discount. Plus, you’ll get additional goodies, based on a tier-system depending on the overall number of STEAM pre-orders.

r3n4ud

That's how I see it.

I fully plan on booting up Deus Ex and System Shock 2 in a nursing home when I'm 90.

At the long-term care facility where I work, I have a resident who play NES games. He received a ps4 recently, but is scared off by the controller and amount of buttons, lol. So he plays his NES only.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are we sure the 4pack isn't the SSE?

Info about the SSE (stolen from the Steam forum, it's from a mail by Kalypso):

Yeah, it's just the regular edition:

42677 Tropico 5 4-Pack Pre-Order said:
245620 Game Tropico 5
42736 Tropico 5 Steam Special Edition said:
245620 Game Tropico 5
284442 Unknown SteamDB Unknown App 284442

Edit: Another day, another Strategy First game:

Imagine waking up, with no idea who you are, in an abandoned building. You have been drugged by a man who taunts you with his experiments, haunting your every step. A nail biting Hidden Object thriller, explore eerie scenes all while testing your wits. It’s up to you to find the antidote, before it’s too late…and unravel the mystery of White Haven.

As usual, 15% off ($4.24) for the next week.

Grief.exe

guys, am i a bad PC gamer if I haven't bought Cryostasis solely because it doesn't have controller support?

My problem is that my PC is hooked up to my TV (I have no monitor for it at all) so playing KB/M is kind of a chore.

PC Gaming Wiki says it has controller support

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Cryostasis:_Sleep_of_Reason

At the long-term care facility where I work, I have a resident who play NES games. He received a ps4 recently, but is scared off by the controller and amount of buttons, lol. So he plays his NES only.

Get him a GBA and a SNES! They really only add the shoulder buttons so it won't confuse him.

Dr Dogg

Blimey! I know UK and European prices have never been too spectacular on Steam regards to preorders but seeing prices slowly creep up for us and creep down for NA is kind of a kick in the nuts. Thankfully trading and competition is healthy out there.

HoosTrax

Damn, this is the kind of retiree I aspire to be. I just hope I have enough mental capability and motor control left by then.

Btw, your avatar in the context of that post is kind of funny.

He tried out my gba, but he finds the screen way too small. He is 91 after all :p. And he is on the hunt for a SNES. But, he wants it new. Ya, he's a fussy one.
Wow, 91 even. My hero!

rtcn63

Finished The Last of Us on PS3. It's good. I didn't like Uncharted or Max Payne 3, but TLoU has a genuinely decent story, dialogue, et al. All of the characters are on the stereotypical side, but no real cringe-worthy moments to note.

Grief.exe

He tried out my gba, but he finds the screen way too small. He is 91 after all :p. And he is on the hunt for a SNES. But, he wants it new. Ya, he's a fussy one.

Good luck. That is going to be expensive.

SNES are from that era of technology where they were built to last for years.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So thanks to 3chopl0x suggestion, I learned that I'm actually more generous than I previously thought.

RxikaMU.png

PS please don't let this start into a "how much I've spent" devolution of the thread. Just posting here to show people how this will look.

Just got ES after your last giveaway - it's great! Excellent functionality, keep up the good work.

Glad you like it! Let me know if you run into any problems.

Copons

Tropico 5 available for preorder.

Single copy is $35.99
One copy via 4-pack is ~$27

Oh for fuck sake, EU2 is

standard: €40.49
special: €43.19
2-pack: €34.20 each
4-pack: €30.38 each

so basically to get the same deal you US peeps have for the standard I'd have to buy the 4-pack.

JaseC

Humongous' first game has hit:

The super-suave agent, SPY Fox, must find Mr. Udderly, rescue all the cows, and stop William the Kid from depleting the worlds supply of milk. Using ingenious SPY gadgets, keen wits, and daring moves, SPY Fox, jumps out on an udderly exhilarating adventure!

50% off ($3.49) for the next week. There's also a Spy Fox Complete Pack at $19.99.

Edit:

Help Putt-Putt® bounce his pal Pep into the air to pop colorful balloons--some filled with hidden surprises!

Balloon-O-Rama features 120 levels of action and hidden bonus rounds. It even has a construction mode, so kids can build their own challenging levels! The junior arcade games are jam-packed with fast and furious game-play that will provide hours of fun.

50% off ($2.49) for the next week.

Dive in to help Freddi Fish and Luther navigate a labyrinth of underwater caves and collect the scattered kelp seeds!

Over 100 maze-crazed caverns to explore. Junior Arcade games are jam-packed with fast-and-furious gameplay that satisfies kids' hunger for action and surprises! Starring lovable characters and the high-quality, hand-drawn animation that families have come to expect from Humongous Entertainment, this series will provide hours of action and fun for your children.

What does it take to be in a parade?

Hard work, a bright shiny chassis and a little help from your friends. That's what Putt-Putt® discovers as he gears up to join the annual Cartown Pet Parade. Children will be delighted as they meet the local carfolk, explore a toy shop, tool down the road and more. Along the way, they learn to think ahead, deal with unexpected problems, and give others a hand. The road to discovery has never been more fun - or more educational. Charming talking characters, lively sound effects and lifelike animation keep your child focused on the adventure.

50% off ($3.49) for the next week.

Sam is an ordinary kid who, with the help of his red cape, turns into "superhero" Pajama Sam. In No Need to Hide When It’s Dark Outside, Pajama Sam journeys into the land of darkness (his closet) to face his fears. Help Pajama Sam figure out who or what is behind the darkness and realize that there is no need to hide when it’s dark outside!

Grandma Grouper's kelp seeds are missing and without them all of the sea creatures will go hungry!

Help underwater detective Freddi Fish and her finny friend Luther solve the case. Explore underwater caves, deep canyons and colorful reefs, and discover fascinating places like King Crab's Castle and A Sunken Ship Out of Time, in an effort to save the reef. In Freddi Fish Kelp Seed Mystery children use logical thinking and reasoning skills as they gather information and then use what they have learned to solve the mysteries of the sea!

didamangi

Oh for fuck sake, EU2 is

so basically to get the same deal you US peeps have for the standard I'd have to buy the 4-pack.

It's ~$12-14 if you go with Russian trade route. It's a massive difference, surprise Kalypso doesn't add the restrictions to it.

HoosTrax

I have a DSL, and I'm not sure if the GBA is prone to this as well, but I would get this pixelated retina burn-in effect with my eyeballs if I played on it for extended periods of time.

---

Anyways, I've been thinking about this for a while now. I've got it all planned out. Decades from now, I'm going to start up a blog (are those even going to be a thing by then?) called "Granny Got Game", where people can read about me as a geriatric old lady playing games and ranting about "modern gamers" and how back in the day, we gamed on old-school rectangular screens and we liked it, dammit!

JaseC

Curious if it has an EULA. Wondering whether Night Dive used ScummVM or did their own porting work.

ScummVM:
0/arguments: --no-console -c scummvm-spyfox1.ini spyfox
0/config/oslist: windows
0/description: Launch
0/executable: ScummVM_Windows\scummvm.exe
0/workingdir: ScummVM_Windows\
1/arguments: -c scummvm-spyfox1.ini spyfox
1/config/oslist: macos
1/description: Launch
1/executable: ScummVM_Mac\ScummVM.app
1/workingdir: ScummVM_Mac\
2/config/oslist: linux
2/description: Launch
2/executable: ScummVM_Linux\launch_spyfox1.sh
2/workingdir: ScummVM_Linux\

kurahador

Humongous' first game has hit:

50% off ($3.49) for the next week. There's also a Spy Fox Complete Pack at $19.99.

Edit:

HOLY SHITTTTTTTTT!!!!!
My childhood games!!!!!!!

Gah...no discount for the packs.
Gonna have to wait.

Dr Dogg

Oh for fuck sake, EU2 is

The funny thing is Copons that €30.38 is about $42 so if you wanted to get it at the price you'd be best jumping in on a 4 pack with someone in North America. Better still Russian pricing is just polarising in comparison.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
A bit of both, I'd say.

CMS won't teach you the practical details of the trade but it will provide a broad overview of various systems (braking, transmission, suspension, etc.), their locations, and how they interconnect.

The puzzling element comes from troubleshooting the vehicles problems. At first you're told exactly what to do for each work order, but as you progress the customer descriptions become more vague sometimes, forcing you to test-drive the cars and inspect the condition of individual parts.

The game is all sorts of awesome, offering a unique premise, satisfying game-play loop, and surprisingly sophisticated presentation values. There's a demo on the Steam storefront if you're curious to find out more.

It's one of the top-tier Simulation titles on the Steam marketplace, imo.

Heh, that sounds promising, I was afraid it was going to be another cash grab simulator. I'll definitely check it out.

Copons

It's ~$12-14 if you go with Russian trade route. It's a massive difference, surprise Kalypso doesn't add the restrictions to it.

Trade with Russians? Not even once!

But no really, I never did it and I dunno, I feel a little uncomfortable buying stuff outside the big stores safe sandbox. :(

EDIT
The funny thing is Copons that €30.38 is about $42 so if you wanted to get it at the price you'd be best jumping in on a 4 pack with someone in North America. Better still Russian pricing is just polarising in comparison.

Actually, I'd feel even more uncomfortable paying a computer game more than 20 bucks. :D

Mine was just the usual and obligatory rant about currency conversion screwing us second-world countries embedded together with first-world ones. :D

Dolor

Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is up with every Steamworks feature (I think) except trading cards.

Why, Neocore, why? Don't you want me to pay others to play your game?

didamangi

Trade with Russians? Not even once!

But no really, I never did it and I dunno, I feel a little uncomfortable buying stuff outside the big stores safe sandbox. :(

Understandable, although usually the trading is done inside the steam trading system (game gift for tf2 keys) so at least you'll get back what you trade for if something goes wrong.

JaseC

Space Farmers is a co-op game only and has no single player mode.

Grab a friend, grab a gadget, grab a gun and get ready. Space Farmers is the most fun you'll ever have in a co-op game.

You're trapped on an alien space station and forced to share your secret British agriculture secrets. With no means of escape or tea making facilities this is all very uncivilized!

Luckily a hoard of hungry robots are attacking the station and your captors have vanished. Stopping only to pick up an Energy Shotgun and a Pie-O-Matic you begin your quest for freedom!

In Space Farmers you and a friend will encounter gadgets, guns, puzzles, pigs, a horde of killer robots and more. This one of a kind co-operative action adventure will make you laugh, cry and bring the human race together.

30% off ($6.99) for the next week.

The Golf Club is HB Studios’ next generation golf simulation. Stunning visual presentation and outstanding gameplay are to be expected but what really takes The Golf Club into the next generation is the procedural generation of courses and depth of social interaction. The Course Creator can generate a brand new course in seconds which can be shared and played immediately online with friends and other gamers across the world. There are also full editing capabilities for courses, Tournaments and Tours. Challenge your friends on a new or existing course in real time or try to beat their best recorded round. Add to this a myriad of stat tracking and personal bests of friends and rivals to beat, notifications, challenges and social media integration and you truly have a golf club worth joining.

Early Access; 15% off ($29.74) for the next week.

Pixel Puzzles: Japan combines traditional jigsaw puzzle style gameplay with light video-game interactivity. As you build puzzles your monk will gain higher consciousness states. The higher the level of your monks concentration the bigger the puzzle you can attempt. All hand drawn in a beautiful Japanese aesthetic, Pixel Puzzles: Japan is perfect for puzzlers and gamers alike.

20% off ($5.59) for the next week.

Ezalc

So apparently both Stalker games are going for 5 bucks on bundle stars? That's the cheapest they've ever been right? I've been wanting to play a stalker game but they have never been cheap enough for me to take the plunge. Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Prypyat are the good ones right?

EDIT: Jshackles I should note that going on steam store for these games, enhanced steam does not say that is the cheapest price the games currently are going for.

inm8num2

I remember some of those Humongous games. People have been clamoring for them to be released on GOG or Steam for a long time. Good to see them out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom