• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

What's in the special edition of Tropico 5? The page isn't saying for me. Thanks to the rubbish conversion rate for the UK, ill be getting it from a trader but can't decide between versions.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is it wrong if I'm seriously thinking about grabbing the Putt-Putt games, and even... playing them?

Yes. It must be, I know.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's in the special edition of Tropico 5? The page isn't saying for me. Thanks to the rubbish conversion rate for the UK, ill be getting it from a trader but can't decide between versions.

Not a lot:

You can choose between the Standard Edition and the Steam Special Edition, which includes a new ‘Isla de Vapor’ map and a costume for your avatar as well as the digital “Guide through Tropico Island” (PDF file).

JaseC

I think it includes the games not added to the store yet as well.

Yeah, which is why the bundles aren't discounted -- the games are being released in batches two weeks apart and the early bird discounts only last a week. Said discounts are tempting but I think I'll just wait for the Summer Sale and buy the all-inclusive pack.

Dr Dogg

Actually, I'd feel even more uncomfortable paying a computer game more than 20 bucks. :D

Mine was just the usual and obligatory rant about currency conversion screwing us second-world countries embedded together with first-world ones. :D

Hahaha yeah I'm kind of with you on that. It has to be something I'm super interested in to pay for a full priced game on launch. Late ports have been the few exceptions for me due to lower pricing. UK retail has always outstripped Steam on price so it's nothing new and even better when you factor in Steamworks.

Though on a more serious note pricing is only going to get more skewed in favour towards NA as wells as RU+CIS and Brazil (maybe others when Valve rolls out more local currencies). Over the last 6 months the $ to €/£ conversion has been on the downward spiral. Publishers on Steam are only just starting to catch up but as I said earlier NA prices has stayed level or come down whilst ours are going slowly up. Factor in the new EU inter state VAT directive in Jan next year sales might be the only time worth purchasing now to get the best bang for your buck (or euro :p).

fantomena

Crossing my fingers for Ikaruga and Banished on the weekend madness.

Van Helsing 2 has been in my inventory for over 1 month so no need to pre-order it on Steam. :)

dreamfall

Thief is getting to a low price on GMG. Wondering if I should bite for <$15 or just wait for the Steam Summer sale.

Still rocking nothing but Hotline Miami!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No. Do it. Play them all.
Oh I want to, I want to.

I still don't know why this
RJHJsua.jpg
isn't included in the release list. I'd better keep it safe, just in case its value goes up a lot in the future.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
GMG now has Wolf14 available for pre-purchase. O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK knocks off 20% ($60 -> $48) and in lieu of TF2 items you receive a Steam key for RTCW... but only when Wolf14 keys go out, which is odd.

(Thanks to spin for the heads-up.)

wait, the Return to Castle Wolfenstein is a Steam key? Is this confirmed?

EDIT: Nevermind I'm an idiot - I thought it was the Wolfenstein that was removed from Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
wait, the Return to Castle Wolfenstein is a Steam key? Is this confirmed?

Just to make sure there's no excitement here: Return to Castle Wolfenstein is the early-2000s Wolfenstein game that's still on Steam, not the late-2000s Wolfenstein game that got pulled.

JustinBB7

Damn putput. Been like 20 years or more since I played that.

I'm not gonna buy them but why can you only buy like 2 of them separately and have to buy the rest in a 99 dollar pack?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just to make sure there's no excitement here: Return to Castle Wolfenstein is the early-2000s Wolfenstein game that's still on Steam, not the late-2000s Wolfenstein game that got pulled.

Yeah just noticed that and edited my post. Hopes... deleted.

JaseC

When an evil ruler greedily taxes his people to near starvation, there’s always one who rises against all odds to fight for what’s right ... but Fighting for the good of the people often results in fighting for one’s family. Help our brave new Hero rise from humble beginnings to becoming the champion of which stories are written for centuries.

15% off ($4.24) for the next week.

Simple in concept, but very challenging and rewarding, Circuits is a musical puzzle game that requires careful listening to complete each level. Piece together the different parts of a song. Sounds easy, but maybe not.

As we love music, we wanted to make a game that gives the player an insight into how music is created and makes listening the core part of the experience. Packed with beautifullly designed minimal graphics, to not disturb the focus of the game, and right now 25 different songs for the player to reconstruct.

So if you like music, you will like Circuits .

20% off ($2.39) for the next week.

Dr Dogg

If Castle Wolfenstein and Beyond Castle Wolfenstein every turned up on Steam (or more likely GOG) I'd snap them up like a shot. Can remember playing them close to 30 years ago on a friends' dad's incredibly old for the time PC. Might be a bit too dated for today's market though.

RtCW was a wonderful game back in the day. Wonder if there's still an active community surrounding it.

Enemy Territory back in the day was the only thing keeping me away from Champ Man.

Copons

Hahaha yeah I'm kind of with you on that. It has to be something I'm super interested in to pay for a full priced game on launch. Late ports have been the few exceptions for me due to lower pricing. UK retail has always outstripped Steam on price so it's nothing new and even better when you factor in Steamworks.

Though on a more serious note pricing is only going to get more skewed in favour towards NA as wells as RU+CIS and Brazil (maybe others when Valve rolls out more local currencies). Over the last 6 months the $ to €/£ conversion has been on the downward spiral. Publishers on Steam are only just starting to catch up but as I said earlier NA prices has stayed level or come down whilst ours are going slowly up. Factor in the new EU inter state VAT directive in Jan next year sales might be the only time worth purchasing now to get the best bang for your buck (or euro :p).

Oh well, let's hope that someday Valve will notice that inside EU2 there are countries constantly on the verge of defaulting (like, for example... Italy... :D ), so at least they could bring us in a new shiny EU3, giving us the RU/CIS prices that we deserve.

Also, all you brits are rich as hell so you aren't allowed to whine for USD/GBP conversions shenanigans. k thx :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Disciples 3 Reincarnation is the remake, the latest one to come out, correct? GMG has it 75% off

Oh, you mean the world class multi-player, revolutionary for its time, all-time great, one of the finest examples of gaming that will ever be made, a true masterpiece, game that might never be matched until the day I die piece of art RTCW? That one.

Hell man, Steam game collecting is becoming like baseball card collecting in the early 90s. Everyone chasing the Billy Ripkin error cards while ignoring the hall of famers. I miss when we played games and not just collected them.

My backlog calls me a hypocrite by the way.

It was indeed. I must have spent thousands of hours playing the multiplayer on LAN. Used to skip classes to go play it with friends.

v57
v53
v583
v55

I didn't even know that one got pulled. I was looking forward to buying it on steam after having finished it years ago on the ps3. Damn, that blows.

That game deserved better. Raven's last gen fps output was pretty decent before they got put on cod map pack grunt work : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom