• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n4ud

Does it have to a SNES new? There exists more recent devices such as Retro Duo Console which works as a modern day version of the NES and SNES, near exact hardware so it works and acts the same as the originals, but obviously easier to find new and in a box.

As it's near similar hardware it even allows use of the Super Game Boy so he can try out those games on a television.
Never thought of the Retro Duo. I'll let him know about it. Thanks man!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Nah it wasn't that. Dude was some bootleg detective with a blue hoody and red shorts roaming through school halls at night.

You're clearly referring to the main character of the Super Solvers series. I'm not sure which game you're referring to, but my guess would be Midnight Rescue. The most well known game in the series is probably Treasure Mountain!

Grief.exe

Durante's conclusion

While it is not quite the (almost generational) leap which was initially shown in previews, Dark Souls 2 on PC is a better experience and a more beautiful game than even a fully modded Dark Souls 1, and it also performs well on a wide range of hardware. It adds effects which greatly enhance the visual impact of some scenes, such as dynamic godrays, improves the resolution of environment textures, greatly improves shadow resolution and filtering, and maintains the highly detailed equipment models, textures and ambient specular reflections which were a hallmark of the original Dark Souls’ graphics.

Arthea

Tecmo news are great, I still can't quite believe it.
Realistically talking, what else can we expect on steam?

I started playing Mata Hari. It's a ver nice graphic adventure with easy puzzles and a very nice atmosphere and great graphics. Will definitely try to finish it.

Thanks for writing this, I was eying this game several times already, but nobody seem to know anything about it.

So, anyone know why it is that whenever I downsample a game the image becomes WAYYYYYY darker? On some games I have to crank the brightness up to nearly the highest setting to offset this.

Also, this:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/indie/nancy-drew-deadly-device/

The spacing of these releases has gone way down in the last couple of years, at least on Steam. Is something afoot at HER Interactive or is the series just on the downswing of its popularity cycle?

Grief.exe

Earning Playfire rewards for Dark Souls II

iEoZCAaCJvove.gif

Also I think the new AmazonRep Josh won't be able to fill Tony's shoes:

AmazonJosh on 18 Mar 2014 - 10:21 AM said:
Live until 4/16/14 11:59pm PST
B00CMSCWGS [Origin] - $19.99 (50% off)
B00FSWAV3Q [Origin] - $9.99 (75% off)

Live until 4/21/14 11:59pm PST
B007VTVKG6 [Origin] - $9.99 (67% off)

Enjoy the deals!

I mean nobody starts by knowing everything but I expected him to be able to post the links correctly at least.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pride of Nations was patched and then unpatched a couple of times over the past hour. Distribution rights reverted back to AGEOD yonks ago but there's still no sign of the game returning to Steam. AGEOD also made a new retail sub for Rise of Prussia last year but thus far nothing has come of it.

I hope FROM is not releasing a pricy ultra edition with enhanced lightning effects from the preview build later on. Would make sense when they gonna do a PSBone port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom