• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's happened. After nearly nine years of loyal service, my wired 360 controller has given up the ghost. Was playing FEZ when it kept losing connection, even when I wasn't touching the wire, and suddenly it just blinked twice, crashed my PC, and died. At least it went out in a blaze of glory.

2eoiINn.jpg

Rest in pieces, good friend, for this weekend you will be skinned to pimp a wireless controller.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oh, you mean the world class multi-player, revolutionary for its time, all-time great, one of the finest examples of gaming that will ever be made, a true masterpiece, game that might never be matched until the day I die piece of art RTCW? That one.

RTCW is a great game, yeah, great campaign too which I enjoy revisiting (very frustrating final boss). It's just I most recently rebought it in the iD complete pack for $30 in 2008 with 30 other games, whereas Wolfenstein 2009 costs $125+ :p

Damn fucking putt putt...That was back in elementary school days with the macintosh computers. I loved getting the car wash and painting it a different color.

Does anyone remember the name of this other macintosh/school game where you're this guy who wears a hoody and he uses a flashlight to expose different stuff in a library I believe? Sorry if this description isn't helping, but it has been upteen years since I've played it.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Humongous games on Steam?!

18432-castle-ruggedly-handsome.gif

Loved them when I was a kid, enkindled my love for Point & Click's and gaming in general. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

A fright-filled Adventure that transpires in the heart of Transylvania.

London 1904. Seven years after the slaying of Dracula, you play as Jonathan Harker, (the protagonist from Bram Stoker's original novel) and soon discover your wife, Mina has fled London for the Count's castle in Transylvania. Has Mina fallen prey to vampires? Or could this mean... Dracula... he's still alive?!

Bram Stoker's terrifying world is faithfully brought to life in this danger-riddled Point & Click adventure. Thirsty for blood? Do you dare play this cat and mouse game with the (un)dead? Enter at your own risk.

The blood-curdling sequel to Dracula: Resurrection brings an even scarier adventure to life.

After saving Mina, Jonathan Harker and his beloved return to London carrying a mysterious Dragon Ring. As they begin to revel normalcy, events occur that indicate the Prince of Darkness and his Black Guard army have followed them home... with vengeance. Stronger and more threatening... Dracula is even thirstier than ever... for blood.

The highly applauded 360-degree vision technology delivers a haunting Point & Click Adventure like no other.

The trilogy continues as the Prince of Darkness rises again.

September 1920, the Vatican appoints Father Arno Moriani, the "Devil's Advocate", to investigate a potential candidate for Sainthood in Transylvania. But in the shadows of the disturbing ruins that were once Vlad the Impaler's castle, his investigation takes an unexpected turn...

There is obviously no such thing as vampires... at least according to the official line of the Catholic Church. But how can you be so sure, standing in the swirling mists of Transylvania? Carry out your investigation amidst tales of bloody deeds and ancestral fears.

Each game is 33% off ($6.69) for the next week. Alternatively, there's the Dracula Trilogy Pack, which is also 33% off ($13.39) for the next week.

Edit:
Not really that odd, is it?

If you canceled your preorder, you'd get RTCW for free.

D'oh, of course. I suppose it didn't come to mind since Steam offers any bonus games immediately (naturally it's far easier for Valve to yank access to something you shouldn't have).

Nabs

Well, it's happened. After nearly nine years of loyal service, my wired 360 controller has given up the ghost. Was playing FEZ when it kept losing connection, even when I wasn't touching the wire, and suddenly it just blinked twice, crashed my PC, and died. At least it went out in a blaze of glory.

2eoiINn.jpg

Rest in pieces, good friend, for this weekend you will be skinned to pimp a wireless controller.

Same thing with mine. I unplugged it for the last time after getting 12/12 in Fez.

Zeknurn

That Tropico 5 Russian 4 pack price is highly tempting but I must stay strong to my neverprepurchase rule.

The Golf Club is awesome btw. I've been testing it for the last month and it's so much better than anything EA ever put out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
van helsing 2 is up for pre order. I liked the first one, but its bad timing overall for everything for the near future with DS2 out next week (for me of course)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
van helsing 2 is up for pre order. I liked the first one, but its bad timing overall for everything for the near future with DS2 out next week (for me of course)

I would probably be more excited about Van Helsing II if I didn't feel like I was completely screwed over by the devs of Van Helsing one for being an early adopter.

I learned my lesson, this time I'll wait for a sale on the "Complete" pack.

Deadbeat

Banned
Oh, you mean the world class multi-player, revolutionary for its time, all-time great, one of the finest examples of gaming that will ever be made, a true masterpiece, game that might never be matched until the day I die piece of art RTCW? That one.
"Dynamite Planted" (dynamite wasnt actually planted).
In all the Wolf 2009 interviews they always tried to not mention RTCW and only focused on Wolf 3d. They are pulling the same shit with the new game. Barely mentioned RTCW and downplaying anything it accomplished.

edit: The best moment in RTCW was me capturing the docs with ~11 seconds left on the clock in Beach. Everyone is already dancing around in the doc room shooting the ceiling and I just touch the radio right at the clock being 0. The tears.

r3n4ud

I would probably be more excited about Van Helsing II if I didn't feel like I was completely screwed over by the devs of Van Helsing one for being an early adopter.

Same here man. What a stupid move to do. I imagine they'll pull the same stunt with this one.

Dr Dogg

Oh well, let's hope that someday Valve will notice that inside EU2 there are countries constantly on the verge of defaulting (like, for example... Italy... :D ), so at least they could bring us in a new shiny EU3, giving us the RU/CIS prices that we deserve.

Also, all you brits are rich as hell so you aren't allowed to whine for USD/GBP conversions shenanigans. k thx :p

Hahahaha I wouldn't say "all" but yeah I get your point. Maybe I should come down from my ivory tower more often :p.

http://i.imgur.com/2eoiINn.jpg[IMG]

Rest in pieces, good friend, for this weekend you will be skinned to pimp a wireless controller.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Nabs, post: 108516390"]Same thing with mine. I unplugged it for the last time after getting 12/12 in Fez.[/QUOTE]

They don't make 'em like they used to. I've gone through 2 wired 360 pads and my third is on it's way out while I've still got a SideWinder Freestyle that is peachy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

this is true. these 3 classes in the sequel, werent they released as DLC for the first one? I didnt have them >_>

Nabs

Makes sense Beat Hazard is the daily. A new dlc released today.

• 9 Brand new ships, each with different handling, firing patterns and abilities
  • Steam Workshop support with easy to use in-game editor
  • Earn mission stars by completing 'Shadow Missions' assigned to each ship
  • Prove your worth, rank up to 'Shadow Force Elite'
  • Each ship has a separate leader board; Show your skill and compete for the top spot

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Damn fucking putt putt...That was back in elementary school days with the macintosh computers. I loved getting the car wash and painting it a different color.

Does anyone remember the name of this other macintosh/school game where you're this guy who wears a hoody and he uses a flashlight to expose different stuff in a library I believe? Sorry if this description isn't helping, but it has been upteen years since I've played it.
Pajama Sam?

PS1_Pajama_Sam.gif

louiedog

Does anyone know if the Lego licenses expire after a while for games such as Marvel/Batman/Hobbits?

WB owns TT so DC and WB properties are probably safe. I don't know about the others. LEGO Star Wars is still on Steam so I don't think anything has expired yet.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
#DW8XLCE is coming to PC this May 2014 (US and EU). Have a great Easter!
https://twitter.com/tecmokoeieurope/status/456775267302637569

Such wonderful news to come home to, simply brilliant. Hopefully it does well enough they port some other games, say the Gundam series or Samurai Warriors too.

Finally, I can sink 100 of hours into a game on Steam again.

He tried out my gba, but he finds the screen way too small. He is 91 after all :p. And he is on the hunt for a SNES. But, he wants it new. Ya, he's a fussy one.

Does it have to a SNES new? There exists more recent devices such as Retro Duo Console which works as a modern day version of the NES and SNES, near exact hardware so it works and acts the same as the originals, but obviously easier to find new and in a box.

As it's near similar hardware it even allows use of the Super Game Boy so he can try out those games on a television.

I started playing Mata Hari. It's a ver nice graphic adventure with easy puzzles and a very nice atmosphere and great graphics. Will definitely try to finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom