• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I hope FROM is not releasing a pricy ultra edition with enhanced lightning effects from the preview build later on. Would make sense when they gonna do a PSBone port.
PC probably couldn't run those effects just like they couldn't run the moving trees in Tomb Raider definitive edition.

Earning Playfire rewards for Dark Souls II

iEoZCAaCJvove.gif

Will definitely be nice, but if I recall...most of the achievements aren't easy to get. I havn't looked at Demon/Dark Souls once in a while, but weren't they around maxing weapons and reaching various story checkpoints?

Not saying it won't feel good. Just not as quick as Goat Simulator was.

Grief.exe

Will definitely be nice, but if I recall...most of the achievements aren't easy to get. I havn't looked at Demon/Dark Souls once in a while, but weren't they around maxing weapons and reaching various story checkpoints?

Not saying it won't feel good. Just not as quick as Goat Simulator was.

The Dark Souls achievements required multiple playthroughs to acquire all the magic, miracles, weapons, and joining all the covenants. I would imagine DS2 is much the same.

The harder the achievement, the higher the Playfire reward.

bronson

There's no Steam key for The Real Texas, but it's been Greenlit -- does HB give out keys after the fact in these circumstances?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

for me its either own all the nancy drew games (one day I will damn it) or none, so just a few being steam keys is useless for me :(

speaking of shit games, im playing of How To Survive and Im actually really digging it, some neat ideas. Seems very short from the size of the islands tho

aku:jiki

Eh, pretty disappointed in Beat Hazard's DLC. Maybe it's my fault for not reading up on it but I was under the illusion that the "shadow missions" were going to be some kind of substantial upgrade, maybe even a campaign... Nope. They're just lame little challenges that go on top of the base game, like "beat 1 level on insane" and stuff. Come on with charging money for that.

I guess the meat is supposed to be ship building but what good does that do me if I'm already bored with the base game after 13 hours of play... At €4,50 I'd most definitely call this DLC overpriced and suggest people wait for a sale.

There's no Steam key for The Real Texas, but it's been Greenlit -- does HB give out keys after the fact in these circumstances?
I don't know if they always do, but they did for Actual Sunlight for the Brandon Boyer bundle. I got it that way.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wouldn't that be Rhode Island Taxpayers.

EA handles the game's Steam-related affairs these days, although the revenue still flows through to RI exclusively since the game was (and still is) self-published; EA being listed as co-publisher is just a formality (it's a matter of convenience -- EA being added as a publisher means its own Steam Partners accounts are automatically given access to KoA's apps and subs rather than RI needing to set things up itself).

aku:jiki

speaking of shit games, im playing of How To Survive and Im actually really digging it, some neat ideas. Seems very short from the size of the islands tho
Hey, what's supposed to be shit about How to Survive? I quite liked pretty much everything about it, aside from maybe the somewhat poor graphics. Loved getting headshots after getting into how that works.

It's average length for that type of production, I'd say. 6-10 hours depending on your speed.

They've had a real bad string of bundles the past few weeks.

The Dark Souls achievements required multiple playthroughs to acquire all the magic, miracles, weapons, and joining all the covenants. I would imagine DS2 is much the same.

The harder the achievement, the higher the Playfire reward.

Capped at .5pounds I believe. You'd really have to bust ass through the game to get everything in one week though.

Challenge Accepted.

JaseC

I recall a few people were asking about this when the original went up:

FATE fans! You asked for it and we delivered. FATE: Undiscovered Realms, the dungeon crawl-ier sequel to our classic dungeon crawler, is now available! Import your characters from the original FATE and start a new adventure today!
Welcome, Hero. The manxome scourge has retreated into the shadows and you are victorious… but all is not well. A new evil and ancient secrets threaten the very balance between the realms. Take on the quest to find the mysterious Book of Fate and save your beloved Grove once again!

40% off ($4.79) for the next week, while the original game is 75% off ($1.99).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hey, what's supposed to be shit about How to Survive? I quite liked pretty much everything about it, aside from maybe the somewhat poor graphics. Loved getting headshots after getting into how that works.

It's average length for that type of production, I'd say. 6-10 hours depending on your speed.

pretty sure it was panned by everyone when it came out, thats all

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I recall a few people were asking about this when the original went up:

40% off ($4.79) for the next week, while the original game is 75% off ($1.99).

Totally buying this, loved the original.

JaseC

Is there some tax relief promotion for putting your game up for purchased today on Steam?

Just 2 or 3 days ago I said that I'd be avoiding games discounted by less than 50% unless they were cheap, due to the Summer Sale being only a few months away. I think I'm being tested. :p

Twinduct

So yeah, seems we might have another Guise of the Wolf on our hands with Earth: Year 2066.

TL;DW: Game is being sold on early access, Jim Sterling made a let's play of it. Obviously the game is garbage so flailed on it. People started posting the video on the discussion board and the posts were deleted. Then any post that's not positive was deleted and etc.

Oh and they also used stolen artwork for their initial trailer and the main menu. The artist was informed and the devs removed it but kind of claim it never happened. Like they flat out say they never used the image even though there is multiple recordings and screenshots proving otherwise.

Anyway assume the stink will eventually go away or the game will be removed or .. I don't know what happens to steam .. so yeah paging JaseC for a super rare pickup yo.

edit: Oh it also seems there is some evidence that the dev was part of a kickstarter that took the monies and ran.

Dr Dogg

Just 2 or 3 days ago I said that I'd be avoiding games discounted by less than 50% unless they were cheap, due to the Summer Sale being only a few months away. I think I'm being tested. :p

Hahaha Valve are watching you! I thought yesterday was mad but today...

Probably more to do with new financial year and all that but your version is less dull :)

JaseC

So yeah, seems we might have another Guise of the Wolf on our hands with Earth: Year 2066.

TL;DW: Game is being sold on early access, Jim Sterling made a let's play of it. Obviously the game is garbage so flailed on it. People started posting the video on the discussion board and the posts were deleted. Then any post that's not positive was deleted and etc.

Oh and they also used stolen artwork for their initial trailer and the main menu. The artist was informed and the devs removed it but kind of claim it never happened. Like they flat out say they never used the image even though there is multiple recordings and screenshots proving otherwise.

Anyway assume the stink will eventually go away or the game will be removed or .. I don't know what happens to steam .. so yeah paging JaseC for a super rare pickup yo.

edit: Oh it also seems there is some evidence that the dev was part of a kickstarter that took the monies and ran.

I'm not worried. If the whole game were a shining example of plagiarism, like Motor Rock, I'd snap it up quickly, but as it stands I'll just pick it up before the move to beta (the current price is 33% less than the intended final price).

Edit: The Bridge is half off ($4.99) for a week.

Acccent

Special GIF giveaway!

I'm giving away codes for:
  • Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time
  • The Body Changer (Desura)
  • Starseed Pilgrim
  • And Yet It Moves
  • The Swapper
  • Antichamber
  • Monaco
  • Fez
All of these codes will be won by a single person.

To win: send me one (1) reaction gif (webp) via PM. Only high-quality ones, without watermarks.
For examples, have a look at the ones I have gathered already.

I wanted to make a riddle giveaway for Fez and Starseed Pilgrim but I decided to gather gifs fsr so I figured this was a good way to find some rare ones :>

The gif I like the most will win. I'll post the ones that I deem worthy of being posted.
I'll also mention who came in second and third place in case the winner already has some of the games.

You have ~3h30
Good luck (and thanks) to all who enter

t1397772000z0.png

(you can send me gifs even if you don't want the games!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom