• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrealEck

SIMS 4 may be set in the 80s I guess. Look at the mobile phone the lady in the denim jacket is using.

(or it could just be a wireless house phone but don't ruin my joke)

Zeknurn

Is anyone planning on arranging a 4-pack of Tabletop Simulator before they increase the price for the release on Early Access tomorrow? Me and a friend would be interested in two of the slots.

It's currently $30 for the 4-pack where as it will be $45 tomorrow.
http://www.berserk-games.com/buy/

vermadas

Searching GAF, previous threads for Game Music Bundles have not fared so well so I'll just ask my question here.

http://www.gamemusicbundle.com/

Game Music Bundle 7 is out. The $1 tier is a no brainer. Can anyone comment on the quality of the soundtracks in the $10 tier? Right now Starbound is the only one that stands out to me, but I'm not sure if that's worth the extra money on its own...

wazoo

Black Dahlia by Interplay. A 1940s period piece involving Nazis, supernatural, the precursor to the CIA, all with cinematic quality acting to get it through. It's very much a game of it's period, the Windows 98 days, but it's a fun experience and took me by surprise with a number of twists.

Very hard to make it work on Seven. Affinity, color problems. At some points, I solved all of that by tricks, then it stopped working after a windows update.

You should run it under Virtual PC for optimal compatibility.

Searching GAF, previous threads for Game Music Bundles have not fared so well so I'll just ask my question here.

http://www.gamemusicbundle.com/

Game Music Bundle 7 is out. The $1 tier is a no brainer. Can anyone comment on the quality of the soundtracks in the $10 tier? Right now Starbound is the only one that stands out to me, but I'm not sure if that's worth the extra money on its own...

Yeah, that's a nice bundle. The Device 6 soundtrack is so good.

As far as the second tier is concerned, I really like the soundtracks for Escape Goat 2 and The Yawg but I'm not familiar with a lot of it. The first tier is definitely the standouts.

So is it just me, or is Duke Nukem: Megaton Edition unstable? It crashes constantly when you are trying to save/load.

Not only that, but the end video for the episode "Shrapnel City" doesn't even work. I had to use the custom launch parameter "-noanim" just to bypass it so I could get the achievement for beating the episode. It would crash as soon as the video started otherwise.

Annubis

The%20Sims%204.jpg

I'm guessing The Sims games don't let you make a harem huh ?

HoosTrax

Do you guys remember which Batman game it was that had the obnoxious "Jaws"-esque sewer segment with Croc? Please tell me it wasn't AA. I need to replay it at some point now that achievements got added.

UnrealEck

Wolfenstein looks like fun for what it is. And from what I can tell, what it is is a linear cooridor shooter with mediocre graphics, sound and no multiplayer. Looks like a quick cash grab.
Steam sales game for me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
God, I hated that part. I didn't really like AA all that much, I'm still afraid to start up AC.
AC is pretty different structure-wise so I still think you should give it a shot. If you don't like either you should still try Origins because it's the pinnacle of the series in every single department.

And if you don't like that then you probs don't like Batman and I feel bad for you.

Vibranium

Banned
Wolfenstein looks like fun for what it is. And from what I can tell, what it is is a linear cooridor shooter with mediocre graphics, sound and no multiplayer. Looks like a quick cash grab.
Steam sales game for me.

Apparently the devs said there is some exploration in it, we'll see if they're bsing or not though.

Doesn't look like a cash grab to me, I think they obviously worked with a lot of passion. No multiplayer is unfortunate but I think it could be a fun single-player FPS.

Dr Dogg

They said on the forums, if I remember correctly, that due to the shutting down of the GFWL store, they were unable to create new keys.

Ah ok didn't know if Microsoft or a representative made an official statement other than what was on the store page. Does sound like bizarro logic but when you look at GFWL games slowly disappearing from Steam but one by one instead of all at once it makes more sense. Microsoft, their love of obsolescence and clouded communication never ceases to amaze.

Pachimari

Aye I think so.

Absolutely. All three stalker games do.

edit:

Is there any way I could still buy Motor Rock? It has intrigued me.

Oh, I'm excited for the night time then. I know absolutely nothing about these games, but I do remember I were super hyped for them at some point when I didn't have a good rig. But I love what I'm playing so far with the Complete Mod.
Also, Super Meat Boy, I can't stop playing!

Oh by the way, I just got myself a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle, does that mean, I can now use all of my console controllers as well? What software do I need to use a Dual Shock 3, Dual Shock 4 and Wii U Pro Controller?

I would probably be more excited about Van Helsing II if I didn't feel like I was completely screwed over by the devs of Van Helsing one for being an early adopter.

I learned my lesson, this time I'll wait for a sale on the "Complete" pack.

How did they screw over early adopters, with their DLC? I'm looking at the first game since it's only 20$ for everything, it might scratch that itch once I'm "done" with Grim Dawn.

Perhaps. But damn does it hurt the eyes :/

I found it hard to see anything there.

The Super Meat Boy warp zone gameboy levels are better. :p

How did they screw over early adopters, with their DLC? I'm looking at the first game since it's only 20$ for everything, it might scratch that itch once I'm "done" with Grim Dawn.

Yeah, they made it so the DLC was never discounted, until long after you could get the "complete pack" for less than the cost of the DLC (much like Skyrim).

Arthea

guys, FootLOL might be one of greatest games of all times. I'm not even kidding. Well, a little, maybe.
Really, it's quintessence of stupid fun and being incredibly wicked for no reason at all (><)
Also you should see how awesome my team looks now!
You can partly customize how it looks.

aku:jiki

you say that as if it was a bad thing...
It definitely is when the entire concept of your game is "the evolution of RPGs". I was actually just going to make this post:

So I finished Evoland and while the game isn't terrible, there are two pretty massive problems with it:

1) It just completely drops the evolution thing an hour or two in and is from then on a 50-50 clone of Zelda and FF7. Extremely disappointing and lazy.

2) These guys don't know a damn thing about RPG history and should not be making a game about it. They completely ignore massive swaths of the history; from the roots in pen & paper games and D&D, to text adventures, to first-person RPGs like Eye of the Beholder or Ultima Underworld, to PC classics like Baldur's Gate or Fallout. Literally the only aspect of RPG history that this game covers is Square games on Nintendo systems between 1987 and 1997. That's it. Extremely limited and also disappointing.

Acccent

Reminder cause new page and 30 mins left

Special GIF giveaway
Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time, The Body Changer (Desura), Starseed Pilgrim, And Yet It Moves, The Swapper, Antichamber, Monaco and Fez
In one big winning bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom