• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I've never seen a cat eat that fast either. Makes me wonder if they starved the poor thing before doing this promo shoot :(

Cats will react like that if you offer them high value treats instead of dry kibble. Just like fast food or cereal commercials, the "kibble" in the video-turned-GIF, maybe some other substance than the retail product being sold to consumers.

Arthea

Apparently FF3 is coming to PC http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/18/square-enix-bringing-final-fantasy-iii-pc/

Kind of dull/bad game, but it is one step closer to 6. Beyond an exclusivity period on their own thing (does that still exist?) I can't see why it wouldn't come to steam.

damn you are fast (><)
I was about to post this, good I refreshed.

It's not a bad game, but certainly not the best FF, but if it get me FF5-6 on steam, I won't be complaining.

Sounds like a nightmare to me :)

nightmare of some people is dream of others ;)

Anteater

iavanzdjjay9aztq5b.gif

vermadas

I'm kind of torn. As much as I want to see FF VI on Steam, SE would probably use the abhorrent assets from the recently released mobile port.

Arthea

I'm kind of torn. As much as I want to see FF VI on Steam, SE would probably use the abhorrent assets from the recently released mobile port.

Not probably, that's only way we'll get it, I'm sure. I'll take what I get, any FF5-6 on PC are better than none!

Knurek

Apparently FF3 is coming to PC http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/18/square-enix-bringing-final-fantasy-iii-pc/

Kind of dull/bad game, but it is one step closer to 6. Beyond an exclusivity period on their own thing (does that still exist?) I can't see why it wouldn't come to steam.

Anyone knows if the AND/iOS ports of the game solved the stupid DS restriction for monster mobs (I believe you couldn't have more than 2-3 monsters at once, while the original NES game had up to 9)?

//EDIT

Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 1/10 wha?

derExperte

You can play FootLOL on steam instead!
traitor! (><)

And I get cards. Let's blame the bottle of wine in front of me for my loss of rationality and forget what I wrote. 3DS means death.
Still buying, sry.

I only played the co-op mode in portal 2.

I should do the single player one day.

You should but coop is imo better than sp, one of the best coop campaigns in the action-puzzle genre together with Lara Croft Guardian of Light.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
going through steam games like my beagle goes through bacon, desperately trying to find something that "clicks" to hold me over until DS2 and no luck so far. loaded up:

Delver - cute, reminds me of eldricht, then I died and thought "why am I doing this". which leads us to...

Diehard Dungeon - also cute, also died, also thought "why am I doing this?". I dont think roguelikes are for me, at least not right now >_>

Drakengard - way too complicated for what I want right now, it seems to have stats coming out of its ass, none of which I can be bothered with right now. Also the movement of the character felt...off

Driftmoon - some sort of combination between a adventure game and a action rpg, seems...OK-ish, cleared the first zone, didnt click

the quest continues I guess...

FF3 is a 3d remake, sure, but it very much plays like an NES game. Its story is incredibly simple, the difficulty can be a bit much at times, and it looks pretty rough these days. My understanding is that the textures got a bit of an upgrade after it was ported off of the DS but who knows, it still looks like minecraft textures most of the time.

More importantly for the PC version: you better hope it has a quicksave option either built-in or modded in. The last dungeon is around 3 hours long with no save points anywhere so if you die going up against one of the final bosses (there are at least 5 of them from what I remember) then you're super fucking boned.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
So just got a point in Arkham Origins and I can't believe they had the guts to use
Joker as the main villain for the THIRD goddamn time. Thank god he's dead, maybe we'll someone else in Knight. Or maybe they're just going to say "Hey! He wasn't dead! AHAHAH".

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So just got a point in Arkham Origins and I can't believe they had the guts to use
Joker as the main villain for the THIRD goddamn time. Thank god he's dead, maybe we'll someone else in Knight. Or maybe they're just going to say "Hey! He wasn't dead! AHAHAH".

isnt Origins a prequel...

Terra_Ex

More importantly for the PC version: you better hope it has a quicksave option eother built-in or modded in. The last dungeon is around 3 hours long with no save points anywhere so if you die going up against one of the final bosses (there are at least 5 of them from what I remember) then you're super fucking boned.
Damn, I have no time for that kind of nonsense anymore in my games. I wasn't a fan of the NES FF games but I've no objection to seeing some more jrpg ports on PC - they'll get to the really good stuff eventuallly (I hope.)

Rhaknar

So?

Exactly.

I thought you meant "thank god hes dead" in Origins, which as a prequel would mean squat because we know he is in Asylum and City. Although, it still means squat because its the Joker, and hes never truly dead

TronLight

I thought you meant "thank god hes dead" in Origins, which as a prequel would mean squat because we know he is in Asylum and City. Although, it still means squat because its the Joker, and hes never truly dead

No I meant "Thanks god he's dead after City". And yeah, that worries me. Batman's is full of iconic villains, but they keep using The Joker...

TronLight

I don't think we have to use spoiler tags.

He's in a lot of promotion material, the plot twist feels like nothing

I thought he was going to be one of the assassins or just a side character, not the main villain, so I wanted to avoid possible spoilers. :lol

Jawmuncher

going through steam games like my beagle goes through bacon, desperately trying to find something that "clicks" to hold me over until DS2 and no luck so far. loaded up:

Delver - cute, reminds me of eldricht, then I died and thought "why am I doing this". which leads us to...

Diehard Dungeon - also cute, also died, also thought "why am I doing this?". I dont think roguelikes are for me, at least not right now >_>

Drakengard - way too complicated for what I want right now, it seems to have stats coming out of its ass, none of which I can be bothered with right now. Also the movement of the character felt...off

Driftmoon - some sort of combination between a adventure game and a action rpg, seems...OK-ish, cleared the first zone, didnt click

the quest continues I guess...

Wait the Square-Enix Drakengard? When the hell did this come to steam?
I thought the first game was pretty simple anyway kinda like a DW-esque in some ways. Though I haven't played it in ages.

Pachimari

Thanks Rhaknar for Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory. :)

Guys, which drivers do I need to use my Dual Shock 4 and Wii U Pro Controller for my PC?

Peff

Lego Star Wars Complete, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Indiana Jones 2, Lego Batman, Lego Harry Potter - Do these all have proper local co-op on PC? Any other reasons to keep the console versions?

The first Lego Harry Potter freezes randomly in Windows 7 (and up?) and they hadn't added mid-level save points yet, so it's annoying, but apparently setting the sample rate to less than 48 KHz fixes this. No idea if it happens to the other older games.

Rhaknar

Thanks Rhaknar for Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory. :)

Guys, which drivers do I need to use my Dual Shock 4 and Wii U Pro Controller for my PC?

youre very welcome.

I'm presuming he means Drakensang.

you are correct sir, I apologize

Enclave - nope, no click. Made by starbreeze, I did not know that. Doesnt seem very good tho, certainly not to hold me over until DS2. Goddamn it, the search continues :/

aku:jiki

Just got an e-mail that Lazy Guys posted another one of their Greenlight bundles.

I think I'll actually get this one for Inescapable, Evopollution and Rhythm Destruction...

• Huntsman: The Orphanage
  • Micron
  • Wimp: Who Stole My Pants?
  • Project Night
  • Inescapable
  • El Ammo and The Lost Dutchman's Mine
  • Man in a Maze!
  • Way to Go!
  • Pathogen Wars
  • Evopollution
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • Gran Vitreous
  • Chronicles of a Dark Lord Episode 1
  • Another Perspective
  • Radium

Pachimari

Is it just me or has this thread gone really slow in recent days compared to the pace it used to be at? There used to be 10 pages of unread posts when I woke up every morning and now it's at 4 new pages every morning. :)

MUnited83

For you.
Just got an e-mail that Lazy Guys posted another one of their Greenlight bundles.

I think I'll actually get this one for Inescapable, Evopollution and Rhythm Destruction...

• Micron
  • Project Night
  • Inescapable
  • Man in a Maze!
  • Way to Go!
  • Pathogen Wars
  • Evopollution
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • Gran Vitreous
  • Another Perspective
  • Radium
Nice, will be getting it for Inescapable, which looks awesome.

Those "Lazy Guys" should really start working though, and make a decent bundle page and a account system. Emailing the keys is a stupid and clunky system.

Grief.exe

Well, Square wasn't lying when they said they wanted to bring over more Final Fantasy games.

These late ports are nice, but we need FFXV/KH3 day one to improve the health of the platform.

Is it just me or has this thread gone really slow in recent days compared to the pace it used to be at? There used to be 10 pages of unread posts when I woke up every morning and now it's at 4 new pages every morning. :)

Maybe if somebody posted enough silly gifs webms, it will get back to its feet.

Nice, will be getting it for Inescapable, which looks awesome.

Those "Lazy Guys" should really start working though, and make a decent bundle page and a account system. Emailing the keys is a stupid and clunky system.

I like the set out though, easy to tell what games have steam/desura keys, if they are greenlit/almost greenlit or going through the process and whether you get a key or not when it is released on steam.

Darkroronoa

• Micron
  • Project Night
  • Inescapable
  • Man in a Maze!
  • Way to Go!
  • Pathogen Wars
  • Evopollution
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • Gran Vitreous
  • Another Perspective
  • Radium

Nice, i will grab this for inescapable as well, lots of stuff.
Why do they ask for so many information when i go to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom