• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just got an e-mail that Lazy Guys posted another one of their Greenlight bundles.

I think I'll actually get this one for Inescapable, Evopollution and Rhythm Destruction...

• Huntsman: The Orphanage
  • Micron
  • Wimp: Who Stole My Pants?
  • Project Night
  • Inescapable
  • El Ammo and The Lost Dutchman's Mine
  • Man in a Maze!
  • Way to Go!
  • Pathogen Wars
  • Evopollution
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • Gran Vitreous
  • Chronicles of a Dark Lord Episode 1
  • Another Perspective
  • Radium

In case you're thinking "This looks great but I might already own some of these and not know it":

Huntsman was in Indie Gala Dirt and Indie Gala Doorways; Project Night has been in two bundles (GamesRage 2, Be Mine X); Inescapable was in Indie Royale Debut 9; Chronicles of a Dark Lord was in Indie Royale Debut 9; Al Emmo was in Groupees Retro 2; Micron was in The Indie Royale Lunar Bundle; Wimp was in Indie Royale Debut (1); Pathogen Wars was in Indie Royale Debut 10; Evopollution was in a Groupees Spotlight; Another Perspective is in Retro Groupee 3 right now. The others appear to be first-timers.

Probably doesn't apply to aku:jiki but might be valuable for a few others to avoid an impulse buy that's considerably less valuable if you've been on the bundle circuit for a while.

Knurek

Well, Square wasn't lying when they said they wanted to bring over more Final Fantasy games.

These late ports are nice, but we need FFXV/KH3 day one to improve the health of the platform.

Actually, I'd much rather have FF3 than FF13 (and up).
(Although what I really want from Squeenix is Dragon Quest 7 3DS->PC port).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just got an e-mail that Lazy Guys posted another one of their Greenlight bundles.

I think I'll actually get this one for Inescapable, Evopollution and Rhythm Destruction...

• Huntsman: The Orphanage
  • Micron
  • Wimp: Who Stole My Pants?
  • Project Night
  • Inescapable
  • El Ammo and The Lost Dutchman's Mine
  • Man in a Maze!
  • Way to Go!
  • Pathogen Wars
  • Evopollution
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • Gran Vitreous
  • Chronicles of a Dark Lord Episode 1
  • Another Perspective
  • Radium

Huntsman has been out for awhile, its not exactly a greenlight game (its been in some bundles too)

Anyway, my quest for something to play continues with Iesabel... and its surprisingly ok? Well ok for a iOS port. Looks decent, the witch class has some cool spells so far (summoning ghost spider pets, up to 3 now, and some spirits that fly around hitting mobs), again, for a iOS game / bundle game, it seems like a nifty little diablo clone. My only problem is that the sound is shit, in fact it seems to be missing sound most of the time (maybe its better with the barbarian who is actually hitting mobs)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im pretty sure I bought something from these lazyguys before, I remember this fancy flash website... but I have no idea what, and theres no key resender

so if it was something that was greenlit later, I have no clue lol

GAF, has Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Editions ever go lower than $15? How do I check that?

Yes. Pretty sure it goes to $7.50 during sales.

Get Enhanced Steam.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Like I have mentioned before on this topic, I am making some good progress on Harvester

Harvester_cover.jpg

I haven't finished it yet, but so far it has been pretty 10/10 experience for me. It's not for everyone, or even most, or even some, but if you like b-horror movies, point and click games, Deadly Premonition, Silent Hill and cheese this game might be just for you.

Harvester has a great first half, though the last sections of the game felt like they were a bit rushed. It's definitely a game that deserves more attention.

Apparently FF3 is coming to PC http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/18/square-enix-bringing-final-fantasy-iii-pc/

Kind of dull/bad game, but it is one step closer to 6. Beyond an exclusivity period on their own thing (does that still exist?) I can't see why it wouldn't come to steam.

Great news to wake up to. I've been meaning to play the FF series from the beginning recently, so this would definitely push me to start sooner rather than later.

Too bad that the good news is outweighed by the disappointing, though completely expected, bad news about RCT4 :( I have no hope for the eventual PC port now.

Rhaknar

boo!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Huntsman: The Orphanage -- MB-B9CB8F3881CEB651 - Taken by Mavromatis

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The 3D remake of Final Fantasy III on Steam? I'd buy it. Again.

I already have the Japanese Famicom cartridge, a NES cartridge reproduction, the DS version, and Android version.

Yes, I'm crazy about Final Fantasy.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I already have the Japanese Famicom cartridge, a NES cartridge reproduction, the DS version, and Android version.

Off topic, but how is the DS version? I might play it before the PC version is officially announced.

Zafir

Really didn't care much for the DS version of Final Fantasy III, so I'm not really that excited for the PC release. Just too tedious to play. Story was bare bones which combined with the fact it seemed to have silly difficulty spikes requiring quite a bit of grinding meant I just had no motivation to get through it. The combat just wasn't good enough...

I suppose it means we may get the others though. Would love to see Final Fantasy IV on Steam.

_hekk05

Banned
Arghh...backtracking in Fez is a pain, and now I keep discovering new areas. :/
Should've stick to a guide.

Don't wander, and check the map everytime you're leaving a location. If there's still something you haven't gotten, go get it first.

Far more satisfying completing it yourself. If you are getting frustrated, take a break.

He has 9 hours left for playfire rewards tho. The last 3-4 are worth 50 pence each

my man. love me some Final Fantasy. Havn't played much past X-2 though. Recently replayed through 6 (SNES : FF3) and forgot how good that game is. So awesome.

didamangi

Really happy with that FF3 news :)

Not for the game itself but for the chance of finally playing Chrono Trigger on PC down the line.

nampad

In case you're thinking "This looks great but I might already own some of these and not know it":

Huntsman was in Indie Gala Dirt and Indie Gala Doorways; Project Night has been in two bundles (GamesRage 2, Be Mine X); Inescapable was in Indie Royale Debut 9; Chronicles of a Dark Lord was in Indie Royale Debut 9; Al Emmo was in Groupees Retro 2; Micron was in The Indie Royale Lunar Bundle; Wimp was in Indie Royale Debut (1); Pathogen Wars was in Indie Royale Debut 10; Evopollution was in a Groupees Spotlight; Another Perspective is in Retro Groupee 3 right now. The others appear to be first-timers.

Probably doesn't apply to aku:jiki but might be valuable for a few others to avoid an impulse buy that's considerably less valuable if you've been on the bundle circuit for a while.

How do you keep track of that stuff? I don't even know what i bought the next day ;)

Aaron D.

I'm a dumb-ass.

I read FF3 as FF3 (US, i.e. VI).

Can't say I'm too interested in any of the reworked versions either as I prefer the OG character sprites over the poly remakes.

Oh well. Perhaps unaltered IV and VI will find their way to Steam at some point.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Really didn't care much for the DS version of Final Fantasy III, so I'm not really that excited for the PC release. Just too tedious to play. Story was bare bones which combined with the fact it seemed to have silly difficulty spikes requiring quite a bit of grinding meant I just had no motivation to get through it. The combat just wasn't good enough...

I suppose it means we may get the others though. Would love to see Final Fantasy IV on Steam.

Hmm. I'll try it at some point then, despite the grinding. Might not finish the DS version, but I'll at least try to get into it.

Where did we get confirmation that FF3 was headed to Steam? That's actually pretty sweet, as the DS verison was great.

Am I to assume that you will have to use a Square Enix account or whatever to play it, similar to how FF7 is set up on Steam?

3DS > Steam I think I'm doing a Salsa. Byebye suckers!
Right after I get a bit more Playfire dosh.

I want to play this but they're not releasing it for the NA region. Maybe some day in the next century Nintendo will give up on their region locking bullshit :(

Is it just me or has this thread gone really slow in recent days compared to the pace it used to be at? There used to be 10 pages of unread posts when I woke up every morning and now it's at 4 new pages every morning. :)

I for one am glad the pace has slowed down a bit. It used to be impossible to keep up if you missed even 12 hours of posts.

didamangi

Castle of Illusion is $7.49 on GMG, so $6 if the 20% off voucher works.

If you like the Megadrive version, you'll definitely love this. Pick it up if you like a fantastic platformer with tight controls at 60fps.

Other new deals on GMG (price not including vouchers):
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons $7.49
  • Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth $2.49
  • The Cave $3.74
  • Doom 3 BFG Edition $4.99
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 $6.24
  • F1 2013 $12.49
  • Grid 2 $7.49
  • Hunted: The Demons Forge $4.99
  • Killing Floor $4.99
  • Quake IV $4.99
  • RAGE $4.99
  • Return to Castle Wolfenstein $2.49
  • Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed $4.99
  • Sonic Generations $7.49
  • Typing of the Dead: Overkill $6.79 (DLCs also discounted)
10% off voucher: 3VUROJ-VOU4IC-RHVA7N
20% off voucher: O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK (may not work with some titles)

Jawmuncher

Castle of Illusion is $7.49 on GMG, so $6 if the 20% off voucher works.

If you like the Megadrive version, you'll definitely love this. Pick it up if you like a fantastic platformer with tight controls at 60fps.

Other new deals on GMG (price not including vouchers):
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons $7.49
  • Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth $2.49
  • The Cave $3.74
  • Doom 3 BFG Edition $4.99
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 $6.24
  • F1 2013 $12.49
  • Grid 2 $7.49
  • Hunted: The Demons Forge $4.99
  • Killing Floor $4.99
  • Quake IV $4.99
  • RAGE $4.99
  • Return to Castle Wolfenstein $2.49
  • Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed $4.99
  • Sonic Generations $7.49
  • Typing of the Dead: Overkill $6.79 (DLCs also discounted)
10% off voucher: 3VUROJ-VOU4IC-RHVA7N
20% off voucher: O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK (may not work with some titles)

Some good Bethesda deals especially if the 20% works on them
Was about to cave on RTCW but then remembered that if I hold out for a 25% voucher on Wolfenstein I should still get that one for free.

Also if anyone is curious about Hunted: The Demons Forge don't even bother unless you have a coop partner. Game is a absolute bore solo.

Arthea

it seems this wasn't posted yet (I wonder where is Jasec)

SuperPower 2 is the only global geopolitical simulation game which allows players to control entire countries. Players control countries in 3 major areas: political, economic and military, but this time, in a beautiful real-time 3D environment.

-20% 7.99

An-Det

I finished Fez last night like I imagine many have. I really liked it, but that's a game that desperately needed level titles or some way to reference where you are if/when you need to look something up. When I had to check things, I followed two guides with often very different names and paths through the game making it more annoying than it should be.

Loved the design and the soundtrack though. Totally going to be playing that all day today while I work.

Arghh...backtracking in Fez is a pain, and now I keep discovering new areas. :/
Should've stick to a guide.

The popups that appear in front of a door you've been through before were awesome, but with so many doors in lots of stages it's awkward.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Off topic, but how is the DS version? I might play it before the PC version is officially announced.

The DS version (which is the same version they sell on Android and iOS) introduces a lot of elements into Final Fantasy III that are typically associated with "modern" RPG games, not just the graphics. It definitely makes the games a bit "easier" than it's Famicom counterpart, but it also makes it much more accessible.

Either way, it's a great game and a terrific remake that adds a lot more depth to the story. Will certainly play through it again once it hits Steam.

my man. love me some Final Fantasy. Havn't played much past X-2 though. Recently replayed through 6 (SNES : FF3) and forgot how good that game is. So awesome.

Final Fantasy 6 is still my favorite, recently played through it on my Android tablet and really enjoyed it. But like I said, I'm a huge fan. Next week I'm going to a Distant Worlds concert / orchestra, it's going to be a blast.

oipic

Got all the achievements in Fez. My mind is now jelly

Congrats, hekk! I just did the same... and I'll now be looking for the most non-demanding and vacuous thing in my library to play next - Fez, even with the essential help of a guide, is a mind-trip, and I'm exhausted. Took me about 12 hours, I think, which I suspect is on the slow side.

Was great to very belatedly get stuck into Fez, knowing that several of you here were doing the same (and, hopefully, ultimately enjoying it as I did).

If nothing else, I appreciate Playfire for having set something of a backlog-tackling agenda.

I finished Fez last night like I imagine many have. I really liked it, but that's a game that desperately needed level titles or some way to reference where you are if/when you need to look something up.

I hear you, An-Det - level or room names (or even some cryptic codes, if Fish and co were to insist on completely messing with us) would definitely have helped with that, as the lack of a labelling convention must've made it a nightmare to document for those kind souls who put guides together. Still, studying and identifying the little pop-up 'door labels' is part of the charm, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom