• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Godddamn GMG website is slow.

And goddamn, I can't sell my trading cards before tuesday because I changed my password a couple of days ago. :(

StAidan

I tried the Brototype last night, and got the full game just now. I am officially a Bro.

Good man. Broforce is truly an experience you can't find in any other game (although admittedly, one of its best features was borrowed from Super Crate Box).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Got a gift copy of Gun Monkeys if anybody needs it. Think the playfire rewards are still active and it has cards.

While it is certainly kind of you and undoubtedly admirable to offer your extra copy to a fellow Gaffer, I would be remiss if I did not inform my constituents here in the Steam thread that Gun Monkeys is liquid poop.

Zeknurn

Wish I had seen this before I paid $10 :D

Ah well, it's worth it..

Just checked the forum and as predicted there's already working versions of Catan, Cards Against Humanity, Munchin, and others.

Yeah, the potential value in this game with all the less than official ports of boardgames is going to be almost infinite.

If you want someone to play with, you should add me on Steam and we'll play some Catan and CAH.

I wouldn't worry too much if you miss out. Assuming there'll be a four-pack on Steam at $45, the RU price should be 699 Russiabucks, which, after factoring in a profit margin, means you're looking at only $5.13 or $5.25 per head (+0.5% if you buy through a middle man).

I hope you're right because that would be a great price. Are you planning on picking it up yourself or waiting for the inevitable bundle?

kulapik

Is Steam running as shit for everyone or is it a thing of my 64kbps Internet? I only see 1 person connected.

My internet has data caps and I finished them :(

Btw is it confirmed that those who entered the beta will get to keep Battleblock? A Steam update from them seemed to let slip that.

ShogunX

While it is certainly kind of you and undoubtedly admirable to offer your extra copy to a fellow Gaffer, I would be remiss if I did not inform my constituents here in the Steam thread that Gun Monkeys is liquid poop.

I bet all of us in here own quite a number of shit games....however CARDS!!!!

dreamfall

Some good deals on GMG titles! Thinking about picking up the Call of Cthulhu game!

Slowly coming off a blur of nothing but Hotline Miami for the past couple days!

morningbus

I bet all of us in here own quite a number of shit games....however CARDS!!!!

A friend (who is deep into the card game) and I tried playing it for the money and we both decided that it was not worth it.

A lot of the achievements for it are either vague, random, or both.

BruteUA

Good man. Broforce is truly an experience you can't find in any other game (although admittedly, one of its best features was borrowed from Super Crate Box).

I think it was the suicide bombers yelling that finally pushed me over the edge. You're right, I really haven't run into that elsewhere lately.

didamangi

A friend (who is deep into the card game) and I tried playing it for the money and we both decided that it was not worth it.

I get all the achievements for the game just because, I've played 100 rounds of Gun Monkeys for Playfire Rewards, I crafted the badge as well from the card drops. And it's now the game I hate the most on steam bar none.

I've never seen a cat eat that fast either. Makes me wonder if they starved the poor thing before doing this promo shoot :(

It eats like my beagle.
Maybe it just likes food.
Or maybe it was on steroids.

meh portal 2 wasnt so gud

aka it was kinda laem

This is funny, for grammitcal reasons that may have been unintended. ^_^
Thanks for the laugh.

Nah, it's great.

I wouldn't go that far. It was solid. Like all valve games, it seems.

derExperte and I played a bunch of rounds and had some fun.
I think I got all of the achievements outside of the "win 100 matches" and "buy some expensive perk and then win a match with it equipped".

morningbus

derExperte and I played a bunch of rounds and had some fun.
I think I got all of the achievements outside of the "win 100 matches" and "buy some expensive perk and then win a match with it equipped".

I'll add it to the psych profile I'm developing alongside the entry for Broderlands 2.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The DS version (which is the same version they sell on Android and iOS) introduces a lot of elements into Final Fantasy III that are typically associated with "modern" RPG games, not just the graphics. It definitely makes the games a bit "easier" than it's Famicom counterpart, but it also makes it much more accessible.

Either way, it's a great game and a terrific remake that adds a lot more depth to the story. Will certainly play through it again once it hits Steam.

I'll definitely play it then. No idea when, but if I get around to playing 1 and 2 before the release of the PC version of 3, I'll play the DS version first.

Pjsprojects

Lego Marvel superheroes 75% off!! how is the pc version ? i have it for PS3 sealed but will grab this for 5 bucks if superior?

Most of the more modern Lego games are either £2.50 or £3.75 each!
Bought all of them yesterday for my lad, Marvel looks nicer than the WiiU copy we had(sold it today lol).

fantomena

7-DaysofDeals_Top-Offer-Box_Day6.jpg

Hanzou

Don't pretend you didn't see what I typed.

Hahah you're right I did. I actually played it when it was on for a free weekend months ago and thought it was OK. After reading your post I thought to myself "I will probably play this for 30 more minutes and I don;t care enough for the $.50 form the cards and playfire rewards".

Furyous

I'm still adjusting to steam and trying to figure out how to make more steam friends.

I wish Steam added filters for system requirements. There's nothing worse than finding a game you like only to realize it requires a discrete GPU.

I might keep the multiplats to consoles and the split exclusives between Steam and iOS.

What coupon? :3
All the deets here:
Castle of Illusion is $7.49 on GMG, so $6 if the 20% off voucher works.

If you like the Megadrive version, you'll definitely love this. Pick it up if you like a fantastic platformer with tight controls at 60fps.

Other new deals on GMG (price not including vouchers):
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons $7.49
  • Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth $2.49
  • The Cave $3.74
  • Doom 3 BFG Edition $4.99
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 $6.24
  • F1 2013 $12.49
  • Grid 2 $7.49
  • Hunted: The Demons Forge $4.99
  • Killing Floor $4.99
  • Quake IV $4.99
  • RAGE $4.99
  • Return to Castle Wolfenstein $2.49
  • Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed $4.99
  • Sonic Generations $7.49
  • Typing of the Dead: Overkill $6.79 (DLCs also discounted)
10% off voucher: 3VUROJ-VOU4IC-RHVA7N
20% off voucher: O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK (may not work with some titles)

maty

Great week for puzzle games

Both were good but FEZ is on another scale, loved it. Had to check a guide for the red cubes (at least I got to the black monolith by myself), the clock and throne rooms (I was on the right track though,
I tried both code on each room, I just didn't know you had to align them side by side
).

I did find some answers by luck when trying the 1st person view.

2014-04-18_19-34-37_zpsf62b08e2.png
2014-04-18_19-35-06_zps8cbe1625.png
2014-04-18_19-35-33_zps4b425ac0.png

Come on EA, are you even trying? This is like Twitch plays Origin Marketing Department.

Also 3 games and there isn't two of the same EA nor BioWare logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom