• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I had forgotten about the Specific time requirements for one of Fez's puzzles. Good thing I'm playing for fun and not for Playfire rewards as otherwise that would be rather frustrating.

I really hope it's a joke on 4th Dimension/Time Travel maths and not just a terrible puzzle for the sake of annoyance.

Arthea

FootLOL looks amazing, I regret not getting the Debut 6 bundle now.

It is amazing, after playing it some yesterday I wonder why nobody thought of making such a game earlier.
You can actually disable both teams on the field if you are fast enough and they are not scattered too much, granted it lasts only for seconds, but it is hilarious nevertheless.
It's not just stupid fun, choosing right skills for a match can make difference between winning or losing, but ya, it's mostly stupid fun. (><)

I had forgotten about the Specific time requirements for one of Fez's puzzles. Good thing I'm playing for fun and not for Playfire rewards as otherwise that would be rather frustrating.

I really hope it's a joke on 4th Dimension/Time Travel maths and not just a terrible puzzle for the sake of annoyance.

I didn't think there was any deeper meaning there... just that they thought it would be funny that shifting dimensions would shift the speed of the time passage.

impact

Banned
Finally a decent sale somewhere! Might grab Castle of Illusion and Sonic Generations from Gamefly.

e: errr the coupon doesn't work. Might as well wait for the summer sale on em.

Anteater

I'll use this opportunity to ask in general: wasn't the Steam thread supposed to become the PC gaming thread or something?

I think so, I thought this is already the pc gaming thread, just with Steam being the focus, people are free to talk about Origin and Uplay afaik, but I'm no mod

Dr Dogg

I'd like to think it's the former seeing as you can Back to the Future it and
set your system clock to solve it.
I don't think Fish is even that much of a dick to expect someone to
hang around for 12 days.
I wonder what would happen if you
input 5th November 1955?

Acccent

I'd like to think it's the former seeing as you can Back to the Future it and
set your system clock to solve it.
I don't think Fish is even that much of a dick to expect someone to
hang around for 12 days.
I wonder what would happen if you
input 5th November 1955?
I'm pretty sure you're expected to solve it that way, even. It's just another way the game goes meta and pours outside of the screen, just like requiring you to use your phone, a notebook, or the game's OST on a PC.

Copons

All in all I must say that the couple of £ I earned from Playfire Rewards wasn't really worth all this talking about FEZ again.
Every time I read someone talking about a convoluted puzzle I get more irritated.

OH FISH WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?

Dr Dogg

I'm pretty sure you're expected to solve it that way, even. It's just another way the game goes meta and pours outside of the screen, just like requiring you to use your phone, a notebook, or the game's OST on a PC.

Yeah that's probably the case. Funny thing though seeing as FEZ initially was on for 360 if you do that whilst online it would reset back to local time hahaha. You'd have to do it offline as well.

Copons

The only good thing I can say about Fez is that it will give me a ~$3 discount when I buy Wolfenstein from GMG.

Yeah but what if to kill Hitler you'll need to change your BIOS clock with an hexadecimal editor while Shazam-ing a song where Seth Putnam screams against French Canada? Soooooooo fourth wall! :D

Surprisingly Google doesn't show any AxCx song involving Canada.
Considering I'm reading Infinite Jest at the moment and AxCx was from near Boston this is even more surprising to me... :D

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Last night I dreamt that somebody stole my dog and my phone background was a photo of Saoirse, when in reality my dog was recently put down and I have a picture of him as my phone background. Good job, brain!

(Technically he was my brother's dog but I was looking after him.)

:(... Sorry, Man.

Nope. I expect MGSV to come to the PC, though, given the success of MGR.

Konami LA, which is rumored to be working on the Online portion of MGSV, listed positions asking for people experienced with PC development.

Arthea

Talking about dreams, I had this weird vision about alternative universe where Jasec runs Valve. Not to bore you with details here are main plot points:
All games have all possible regional subs that can be purchased in any region for small additional fee, all games are on steam, old and new, including big N, Sony and Sega games, because they decided it's simpler this way than to suffer Jasec's constant onslaughts, Valve now own Ubisof, and Desmond is their official mascot, also now they release one new AssCreed game in half a year instead of year. All games have soundtracks on steam, and it's no longer matter of choice to release or not dlcs, these are mandatory, at least 3 for every game. Game suggestion now actually works, by suggesting to you games you can afford, judging your past buying habits. F2P games now add to the game count, Counter Strike is now an olympic sport and winter sale is now officially summer sale and vice versa.
Most importantly at every half a year Wheelman is added or removed (if it's currently on) from steam.

I thought, I'd share (><)

u3nkMvB.gif

Started playing Borderlands 2 again since I stopped at the Captain Scarlet DLC and I bought a season pass back in the day. I haven't played through Torque's, Tiny Tina's or Sir Hammerlocks'c DLCs. Picked up the Psycho class pack in a sale a while back and have been having a lot of fun re-playing the main game with it.

I really liked playing as Brick in the first game and the Gunzerker never really felt like a satisfying replacement but the Psycho does. Your ultimate attack causes you to go all berserk with a melee weapon (yay!), which can be thrown as well. The firehawk shield you get from meeting Lilith works really well with this. You just run in, go ham and have all of the fire AoE pulses going off while you cut a bloody swathe through whatever. If I get knocked down, instead of going into that fight-for-your-life/second wind thing I pull out a bundle of dynamite, can move around fairly normally and detonate myself near an enemy to get a second wind. You can also throw single sticks of dynamite while in this state as well. It's pretty fun and if I fail I drop a grenade when I die, if it takes out something, I get double xp. It's a fun class, you pretty much just wade into the thick of things destroy everything. I can't wait for one of the later passives that will cause me to turn into a super mutant when I go berserk.

Also used some of my dota hat money to buy a borderlands 2 hat. The magic of the Steam economy.

Anyone have any opinions on the headhunter missions? Are they worthwhile?

Copons

you lost me
what that was about?

I'm wondering too.

Also, I'm wondering why that cat eats with such energy while mine has a tendency to choke with every single kibble she tries to eat.
It's kinda funny albeit after a couple of years it made me realize my cat could die any time. :D

Talking about dreams, I had this weird vision about alternative universe where Jasec runs Valve. Not to bore you with details here are main plot points:
All games have all possible regional subs that can be purchased in any region for small additional fee, all games are on steam, old and new, including big N, Sony and Sega games, because they decided it's simpler this way than to suffer Jasec's constant onslaughts, Valve now own Ubisof, and Desmond is their official mascot, also now they release one new AssCreed game in half a year instead of year. All games have soundtracks on steam, and it's no longer matter of choice to release or not dlcs, these are mandatory, at least 3 for every game. Game suggestion now actually works, by suggesting to you games you can afford, judging your past buying habits. F2P games now add to the game count, Counter Strike is now an olympic sport and winter sale is now officially summer sale and vice versa.
Most importantly at every half a year Wheelman is added or removed (if it's currently on) from steam.

All I can say is: What a wonderful world!

Kerrinck

This is my first time ordering from them but it's asking me for a CEP and I don't live in Brazil. Do I just use a random CEP? Is the site trustworthy if you're buying from Europe?

CEP is your zip code though I am not sure you actually need it to purchase. And yeah, it's definitely trustworthy,

By the way, been a while since I last got a new release on Steam. Is pre load available on Dark Souls 2 or is that up to the publisher?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning Gaf. have some sugar

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory -- MB-624F7542B2260707 - Taken by Madridista. 3 entrants total.

t1397812364z1.png

It certainly is trustworthy. I use Paypal, then you don't need a CEP.

CEP is your zip code though I am not sure you actually need it to purchase. And yeah, it's definitely trustworthy,

By the way, been a while since I last got a new release on Steam. Is pre load available on Dark Souls 2 or is that up to the publisher?

It asks for the CEP when I try to use my CC, guess I'll have to use Paypal then. Thanks.

I can't wait for Encarta MindMaze to find its way to Steam.

I can't wait for:
  • the day that we can't decide whether to buy MineSweeper: The Original at a 75% sale or to wait until they remove GFW8L.
  • the day that Civilization 1 hits Steam and forums are abuzz about the "Usurper" DRM and its virtues and vices.
  • the day we get Boulderdash from C64 into Steam and somebody will complain about all these 8bit looking games trying to grab some quick cash from gamers and that nothing has the actual feeling of the old games.

Like I have mentioned before on this topic, I am making some good progress on Harvester

Harvester_cover.jpg

So far there as been couple of Monkey Wrenchisms
Moving a shelf with the furniture dolly is pretty much impossible to find out with out a guide
and some pixel hunts, but otherwise it has been fairly sane for a point and click game! Sure it's very hard and some puzzles require you to visit tons of places AND it's fairly open ended (you can get items and solve some puzzles WAAAY before you need them) and I think that there are at least some optional puzzles and routes.

It's also fairly buggy (some events repeat if you leave the place early, some lines of conversations repeat when they shouldn't...) but those don't bother me at all. Also some lines of convos are missable for good but hey, that's replay value! The combat that I remember many calling dreadful actually works: just mash away right mousebutton for some intense combat scenes!

The story, characters and locations are EXCELLENT. The game, coming out in 96, touches all kinds of subjects that are pretty taboo for games even today such as homosexuality, suicides, child molestation, BDSM . Of course it does touch them in the least constructive way possible, but I guess that's better than nothing. Other than that, the story is silly fun, filled with all kinds of weird stuff happening ALL THE TIME and surprising you every second. Even the most mundane conversations are interesting!

I haven't finished it yet, but so far it has been pretty 10/10 experience for me. It's not for everyone, or even most, or even some, but if you like b-horror movies, point and click games, Deadly Premonition, Silent Hill and cheese this game might be just for you.

I'm wondering too.

Also, I'm wondering why that cat eats with such energy while mine has a tendency to choke with every single kibble she tries to eat.
It's kinda funny albeit after a couple of years it made me realize my cat could die any time. :D

I've never seen a cat eat that fast either. Makes me wonder if they starved the poor thing before doing this promo shoot :(

Sounds like a nightmare to me :)

Dr Dogg

Like I have mentioned before on this topic, I am making some good progress on Harvester

After seeing you post this in the FMV thread I'm tempted to pick up Harvester on Steam. In fact all the other FMV games too like The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour. D would be very welcome on Steam as well, it would be like being back in the 90's!

Parsnip

The game, coming out in 96, touches all kinds of subjects that are pretty taboo for games even today such as homosexuality, suicides, child molestation, BDSM .
It takes on a whole new level of weird after you learn that the actor who played Steve was arrested in 2010 for possession of some... stuff.

It takes on a whole new level of weird after you learn that the actor who played Steve was arrested in 2010 for possession of some... stuff.

Oh Steve, you always were a kidder...

After seeing you post this in the FMV thread I'm tempted to pick up Harvester on Steam. In fact all the other FMV games too like The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour. D would be very welcome on Steam as well, it would be like being back in the 90's!

7th Guest and 11th Hour are on this bundle:
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/toxic-bundle/

It also includes non-fmv games Shadowman and Stalker which both are excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom