• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4rter

Started today with checking out the Playfire Rewards.
How long do I have to play a game for the "play for the first time" rewards?

Jawmuncher

Just started Agarest Zero......this game has no difficulty select like the first game.
Welp looks like it's back to cheat engine to play this game, I sure as hell ain't bothering with the grind on this one. I'm in it for the story and
waifus
anyway.

Corpekata

Banned
Just started Agarest Zero......this game has no difficulty select like the first game.
Welp looks like it's back to cheat engine to play this game, I sure as hell ain't bothering with the grind on this one. I'm in it for the story and
waifus
anyway.

Did it not come with a lot of absurdly OP DLC like the first game?

C4rter

I think long enough so that Steam's time played gauge jumps to 0.1. Opening and closing isn't enough.

Alright, thanks for the info, will do that.

And how is it with achievements I already have? I logged into my already existing account today and suddenly had more than 4€ in my wallet because of achievements I already had before. Does it always work like that?

Because in this post they say:
"The BETA won't count any eligible achievements you already have - only new ones you gain. We always try to include Playfire Rewards for new releases so you never miss out!"
http://blog.playfire.com/2013/12/want-more-gmg-credit-join-playfire.html

And they get the info from my public profile? So it needs to stay public?

derExperte

Alright, thanks for the info, will do that.

And how is it with achievements I already have? I logged into my already existing account today and suddenly had more than 4€ in my wallet because of achievements I already had before. Does it always work like that?

No, only once when starting with Playfire.

And yes, a public account is needed.

koolaroo

Starting today I will be playing through my steam library from A to Z with at least 15 minutes on each game.
Today's game was "1953 kgb unleashed." It appears to be a first person point and click game. The controls are rather annoying as they are mouse only. Your character can see 360 degrees but you have to drag the mouse to the edge of the screen to look around. Arrow keys would have been nice. I spent 15 minutes in two dark rooms trying to find the right objects to click on.
Bottom line: boring

Wok

you always destroy me on daily challenge, like literally 10 times as much gold lol

how the hell do you do it

i'm lucky if i get out of the mines

I have been practicing hard on getting to hell for the past month, this is why. Now, I am trained for the "medium" levels, héhé.

Grief.exe

This is very frustrating.

Trying to log into GMG to get Call of Cthulu and it keeps sending me a 2-step verification that doesn't work.

MUnited83

For you.
Anyone here has any interest on Windborne? I still have to do some more research about it but with Russiabucks the Deluxe 2-pack is around 16$ for each person.

dreamfall

Today(4/20), is my birthday, and yes, I'm from the future.

Happy Birthday Atraveller!

ie1jxNrLN1bLJ.gif

just how long is lords of shadow, it feels like i've been playing it for eternity

I was 9 hours in, and I just needed a break. I was in a rush to try to get through it before the sequel, but sheeeeesh.

Gotta pace these things!

Zeknurn

Starting today I will be playing through my steam library from A to Z with at least 15 minutes on each game.
Today's game was "1953 kgb unleashed." It appears to be a first person point and click game. The controls are rather annoying as they are mouse only. Your character can see 360 degrees but you have to drag the mouse to the edge of the screen to look around. Arrow keys would have been nice. I spent 15 minutes in two dark rooms trying to find the right objects to click on.
Bottom line: boring

I look forward to this if you have bought a lot indie bundles with throwaway games.

mrgone

Tropico 4 sale on GOTY bundle, no sale on individual DLC.

nislXqN.gif

edit: It turns out that you now own all the DLC if you previously bought the collector's bundle

KingKong

So I'm not totally sure how this GMG + Playfire thing works. I linked my account and I see that there are Portal 2 achievement rewards until the 25th, which I have already unlocked a while ago, but I dont have any more credit

Is there anywhere to check what they've given me credit for?

didamangi

I was 9 hours in, and I just needed a break. I was in a rush to try to get through it before the sequel, but sheeeeesh.

Gotta pace these things!

Played 18 hours and still haven't finished it. Put it on backlog for now since I'm feeling kinda meh about it. Playing it just makes me kinda sad that we're not getting Darksiders 3, I love that series.

Dr Dogg

Tropico 4 sale on GOTY bundle, no sale on individual DLC.

http://i.imgur.com/nislXqN.gif[/mg][/QUOTE]

Hahaha I think it's about the third time Kalypso have done something similar. If it's any consolation all the DLC adds up to £42 so with 75% off it would still come to more than the Collection edition. Bit of a kick in the teeth to early adopters though that only need a few bits and bobs (2K and fecking Civ V expansions stitched me up good and proper)

mrgone

Hahaha I think it's about the third time Kalypso have done something similar. If it's any consolation all the DLC adds up to £42 so with 75% off it would still come to more than the Collection edition. Bit of a kick in the teeth to early adopters though that only need a few bits and bobs (2K and fecking Civ V expansions stitched me up good and proper)

Whoa, turns out they've gone ahead and added all the newer DLC to the old collector's bundle purchases, it seems. I have all the DLC and don't remember buying it, anyways.

edit: Yep, they done did it. Bought the collector's bundle march 2013 and all of the new DLC's there without additional purchase.

FloatOn

I'm kind of kicking myself for not buying that injustice deal the other day.

new room mate is moving in today and it would have been cool to throw down in that. ah well, mk9/SSF4/Skullgirls will suffice.

Dr Dogg

Whoa, turns out they've gone ahead added all the newer DLC to the old collector's bundle purchases, it seems. I have all the DLC and don't remember buying it, anyways

That's pretty cool of them. Wish Paradox would sort out my uncomplete "complete" Magika Collection. In fact the week after I bought it *grrrrrrrrr*.

It seems that Trainz Simulator 12 downloads all the DLC data in game and simultaneously. So it would be wise to start the game if you already got it and plan to play soon instead of expecting that Steam did all the work and you just have to press play to start playing the game.
8f6S4.png

Terra_Ex

Whoa, turns out they've gone ahead added all the newer DLC to the old collector's bundle purchases, it seems. I have all the DLC and don't remember buying it, anyways

Yeah, I think you're right, I remember getting annoyed that they released some more DLC after I bought the collectors edition last year (and it definitely wasn't included then) yet now I own all the dlcs... WTF, this never happens!

mrgone

That's pretty cool of them. Wish Paradox would sort out my uncomplete "complete" Magika Collection. In fact the week after I bought it *grrrrrrrrr*.

Oh god, the Magicka DLC's such a mess. I think the only two games that rival that rat's nest of additional content are Dungeon Defenders and Train Simulator

Allow me to post Origin's daily deal, since this is the actual DD thread now and the Origin thread is a wasteland despite various attempts of revival:

Also I don't get the Origin Classic Game tag, how long do you have to wait for a game to become a classic?

mrgone

Allow me to post Origin's daily deal, since this is the actual DD thread now and the Origin thread is a wasteland despite various attempts of revival:
2014-04-19_20-28-17_zpsc8e3a90d.png

Also I don't get the Origin Classic Game tag, how long do you have to wait for a game to become a classic?

It's like the Coke Classic to BF4's New Coke

Yea GMG is down. And pretty cool of Kalypso to add all the DLC for complete edition owners. You really don't see that happening these days (hello Borderlands 2).

I think Origin uses Classic as "game that sold lots of copies"

You'd need to give me 10€ to play it again. Per hour. Slightly exaggerating there but back then I honestly thought that that's the end of Telltale, the jump in quality with TWD was astonishing.

I just did a 100% playthrough of Jurassic Park -- it wasn't that bad. :p

I think long enough so that Steam's time played gauge jumps to 0.1. Opening and closing isn't enough.

Usually if you can get it to say "Last played today - 1 minutes" or whatever, that's enough.

Greenmangaming seems to be working at the moment but barely, I just added Fable Lost Chapters on my basket.
But can't see the voucher on front page, does anybody have it quick? Before my luck runs out?

This is very frustrating.

Trying to log into GMG to get Call of Cthulu and it keeps sending me a 2-step verification that doesn't work.

Yeah that thing never worked for me, but they only do that, to me at least, when I use a vpn and forget to disable it. Try deleting their cookies.

Also is GMG voucher good for only one title or multiple? In other words do I have to save it for a big purchase?

Dambrosi

Banned
Green Man keeps going down for me, Playfire too. Anyone else?

Also, word on buying Tropico 4? And what about Quake 3 pack for ~£3? Anyone still play it?

Oh, and I just got my Cthulhu on without any problems. I feel sorry for you guys who keep getting that 2-step verification thing, I'd contact GMG Support if I were you. Here's a link: https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/home#recent

"Classic", in this case, means "We're making pure profit off this game, fuck you give us money".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom