• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papers, please is weird... but quite addicting.
I can see it's going to be aggravating because I'm slow. :lol

The guy on day 4 with the "crude fake" of a pasport had me laughing after the contest that was held in SteamGAF where a "crude fake" won me a copy of the game. :lol

sprinkles

Is Assassin's Creed 4 worth the 20$ it is on Amazon if I am not going to play it right now (Dark Souls 2 coming next week, finishing up some other games until then)?

I only played AssCreed 2 in the series which I enjoyed but did not feel like I want more of this.

Dr Dogg

Speaks volumes for the actual gameplay of Assassin's Creed titles.

I was reading up on Watch_Dogs the other day (Me, Jase, Milamber and Dennis must be the only people hyped for this game) and apparently it's going to be 35-40 hours in length. Cutting down on the estimated bullshit factor call that 30. That's a lot of running around collecting things and shanking dudes. It better have some pretty meaty story to it.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I was reading up on Watch_Dogs the other day (Me, Jase, Milamber and Dennis must be the only people hyped for this game) and apparently it's going to be 35-40 hours in length. Cutting down on the estimated bullshit factor call that 30. That's a lot of running around collecting things and shanking dudes. It better have some pretty meaty story to it.

I'm waiting for Bound by flame. I think I'm alone in that.

dreamfall

Hey! I'm super excited about it!

Exploring Chicago is going to be rad. And the voyeurism is going to be something else, entirely. To play a new open world title on PC, while eagerly waiting about for GTA V will be good too!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damn you April 25th guys. I have to wait till May 2nd. Fuck you Namco UK.

If you've ordered the digital version, just use a VPN. Valve made some small changes in recent months that requires the VPN be left enabled if you'd rather not switch to Offline Mode, otherwise your in-game status will revert back to "Online" and this can cause issues with achievement triggers, but beyond this everything is the same.

(Usual disclaimer: Technically using a VPN at all is prohibited as per the language in the SSA, but thus far there are no verified/reputable reports of people having their accounts restricted for using one to just unlock a game early or activate a region-locked retail key.)

What I've seen of it reminds me of Kingdoms of Amalur, so I'm in. Maybe not on day one, though, if there are no enticing pre-purchase incentives.

Grief.exe

If you've ordered the digital version, just use a VPN. Valve made some small changes in recent months that requires the VPN be left enabled if you'd rather not switch to Offline Mode, otherwise your in-game status will revert back to "Online" and this can cause issues with achievement triggers, but beyond this everything is the same.

(Usual disclaimer: Technically using a VPN at all is prohibited as per the language in the SSA, but thus far there are no verified/reputable reports of people having their accounts restricted for using one to just unlock a game early or activate a region-locked retail key.)

If he is delayed until May 2nd it's due to his physical purchase correct? So he has to wait for his key to be shipped out.

JaseC

If he is delayed until May 2nd it's due to his physical purchase correct? So he has to wait for his key to be shipped out.

Ah, I didn't realise the delay only applied to physical copies. Probably a distributor issue.

Edit: Wait, yes I did, because I posted in the thread. Duh.

Dr Dogg

Hey! I'm super excited about it!

Exploring Chicago is going to be rad. And the voyeurism is going to be something else, entirely. To play a new open world title on PC, while eagerly waiting about for GTA V will be good too!

Hahaha well maybe there are a legion of others out there but every thread about Watch_Dogs I've gone into recently it take about a page, some times only 10 posts before it all goes to shit talking about downgrades and stuff. I can't wait to see people flip out when they find out that The Division was probably a proof of concept demo and not in game footage.

Thorgal

VgY49po.jpg

not a serious suggestion

If you are gonna use a wall mounted PC example .at least use one that looks awesome:p

xXlg7Qy.jpg

y1hUP4j.jpg

Not mins, sadly .

Is Assassin's Creed 4 worth the 20$ it is on Amazon if I am not going to play it right now (Dark Souls 2 coming next week, finishing up some other games until then)?

I only played AssCreed 2 in the series which I enjoyed but did not feel like I want more of this.

Tony replaced with so far incompetent Josh who doesn't even update his thread, CAG threads turning more junk instead of deal infos, and Amazon hiding the once 1st level menu item Digital Games into 3rd level. I think Amazon deals lost their charm. Hard to imagine that they overshadowed Steam, by great deals, timing and presentation; even at big sales like Summer Sale and now reduced to a random digital game seller.

Anteater

no, if you don't think you wnat more ass creed then you probably don't want more ass creed, go play your other games :p

Kaleinc

Banned
Really not feeling Supreme Commander. Game feels very slow, even on easy the enemies destroy my entire army.
Campaign is stupid, after completing main objective you always get 'operation area expanded' and a ton of shit flying your way. Happens all the time.
Build base defences and reach unit cap then advance - that's all the strategy required and 2-3 hours for a single mission, so lame lol.

If you are gonna use a wall mounted PC example .at least use one that looks awesome:p

http://i.imgur.com/xXlg7Qy.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/y1hUP4j.jpg[IMG]

[SPOILER]Not mins, sadly .[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Aren't those long pci-e pin extension cables going to make a decent performance hit?

Tony replaced with so far incompetent Josh who doesn't even update his thread, CAG threads turning more junk instead of deal infos, and Amazon hiding the once 1st level menu item Digital Games into 3rd level. I think Amazon deals lost their charm. Hard to imagine that they overshadowed Steam, by great deals, timing and presentation; even at big sales like Summer Sale and now reduced to a random digital game seller.
Also for the interested this is the list of the deals on CAG so far,
A_CAG_USER said:
Current Amazon sales:

Borderlands Game of the Year Edition - $29.99$15.00 (Save 50%) [STEAM]
Borderlands 2 GOTY$39.99$19.99 (Save 50%) [STEAM] [Ends 04/22/14 11:59PM PST]
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - $29.99$19.99 (Save 33%) [STEAM] [Ends 04/22/14 11:59PM PST]
Borderlands 2 - $19.99$10.00 (Save 50%) [STEAM]
Borderlands 2 Headhunter 1: TK Baha's Bloody Harvest - $2.99$1.50 (Save 50%) [STEAM]
Borderlands 2 Headhunter 2: The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler - $2.99$1.50 (Save 50%) [STEAM]
Borderlands 2 Ultimate Vault Hunters Upgrade Pack - $4.99$2.50 (Save 50%) [STEAM]
Borderlands 2 Ultimate Vault Hunters Upgrade Pack 2 - $4.99$2.50 (Save 50%) [STEAM]
Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack - $9.99$5.00 (Save 50%) [STEAM]
Borderlands 2 Pirate's Booty - $9.99$5.00 (Save 50%) [STEAM]
Borderlands 2 Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage - $9.99$5.00 (Save 50%) [STEAM]
Borderlands 2 Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt - $9.99$5.00 (Save 50%) [STEAM]
Borderlands 2 Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - $9.99$5.00(Save 50%) [STEAM]
Borderlands 2 Mechromancer Pack - $9.99$5.00 (Save 50%) [STEAM]
The Secret World - $29.99$9.99 (Save 66%) [FUNCOM Account] [Ends 04/21/14 11:59PM PST]
Thief (2014) - $49.99$37.49 (Save 25%) [STEAM] [Ends 04/29/14 11:59PM PST]
The Sims Starter Pack - $29.99$19.99 (Save 33%) [ORIGIN] [Ends 04/27/14 11:59PM PST]

I know this is a small sale but it is disappointing nonetheless. Now I wonder if we will get anything at the grandeur of the last Amazon Summer Sale.

Buying physical copies of games you can purchase digitally is such an alien concept to me. :p

In some cases, on consoles, I understand it because if it's not something you want forever, you can resell/trade.

Sometimes I understand because you want the collectibles/statues/whatever comes with an LE.

But I agree -- in a lot of cases, I've abandoned physical copies (on PC and Vita for sure).

Speaking of ghost towns, Battlefield 1942 is now free on Origin (unless it was always free?)

Well it's not the new "On the house" game, it's just under the free-to-play category, so, yeah. I spent years playing Battlefield 1942, Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of World War II. That was such an amazing game back in the day but I cannot imagine that it held up well. At all. Probably be like trying to get into CS1.6 now.

JaseC

You're cute Jase. n_n

Haha, cheers. :p

It's weird, the game is launching in ~4 weeks and it's neither available for pre-purchase nor is there at least new gameplay trailers.

The pre-purchase period shouldn't be far off as PL and CZ-specific store subs appeared in the registry about a day ago.

In some cases, on consoles, I understand it because if it's not something you want forever, you can resell/trade.

Sometimes I understand because you want the collectibles/statues/whatever comes with an LE.

But I agree -- in a lot of cases, I've abandoned physical copies (on PC and Vita for sure).

Oh, sure. I was jokingly speaking to the PC specifically.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Started Arkham Origins and just did the Deathstroke fight. It's pretty fun so far, liking it more than City. Last battle in particular was great.

Started Arkham Origins and just did the Deathstroke fight. It's pretty fun so far, liking it more than City. Last battle in particular was great.

That fight was so epic and the fight against Electrocutioner earlier cracked me up. People kind of complained about the cast villains in this game but they used them perfectly.

Dr Dogg

Indeed! Really was a great frantic battle. The amount of people struggling with that fight in the OT when it got released just made me realise how many people must button mash Arkham games.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Indeed! Really was a great frantic battle. The amount of people struggling with that fight in the OT when it got released just made me realise how many people must button mash Arkham games.

I beat him on my second try. Took my time and didn't have any trouble. I was surprised though because I remembered a lot of people having trouble with the fight.

They tell you anything you need to look out for. And I abused the grapple grab a bit, that guaranteed me a free hit lots of times.

So satisfying to beat the crap out of him after each phase.

Dr Dogg

I beat him on my second try. Took my time and didn't have any trouble. I was surprised though because I remembered a lot of people having trouble with the fight.

They tell you anything you need to look out for. And I abused the grapple grab a bit, that guaranteed me a free hit lots of times.

So satisfying to beat the crap out of him after each phase.

It's probably not the popular opinion but Origins is my favourite Arkham game. Sure I do prefer the map of Asylum but Origins has pretty much everything else on top of its game. The investigation scenes are more fleshed out, the combat actually requires and rewards skill, the story feels like a Batman story, early release bugs aside it's the best performing now and lots of other little things. Upgrade system I'm not too keen on but once you get your critical combo up you can become unstoppable anyway.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's probably not the popular opinion but Origins is my favourite Arkham game. Sure I do prefer the map of Asylum but Origins has pretty much everything else on top of its game. The investigation scenes are more fleshed out, the combat actually requires and rewards skill, the story feels like a Batman story, early release bugs aside it's the best performing now and lots of other little things. Upgrade system I'm not too keen on but once you get your critical combo up you can become unstoppable anyway.
It's the correct opinion.

r3n4ud

I see there's a lot playing Poker Night at the Inventory. Is it better than Poker Night 2?
No idea if it's better than 2 since I only have the first. But I'm really enjoying it for the achievements. Glad Playfire picked this one as one of the games, otherwise I have no idea when I'd get around to playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom