• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Updated for the month, give a shout if a thread should be in here:

What is this thread about?
A reference list of all relevant PC threads and communities that are active on GAF.

How do I contribute?
You can submit or update a PC thread by posting it here (avoid gaming OT's, mod threads for a particular game are okay).

LIST OF THREADS

PC Hardware & Overclocking
I Need a New PC!" 2014 Part 1
2014-2015 Gaming Laptop Thread
Race Your PC Thread2 of Voiding Warranties
Lez talk mechanical keyboards
120/144Hz Thread of Lightboosting
Official Headphone Thread
TechSupportGAF Thread of No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small

Mods and Enhancements
Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)
Downsampling, a simple method for making your pc-games look better.
GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News
Crysis mods/tweaks to make the game look maximum eyecandy
Fallout 3 and New Vegas Mod Discussion
FXAA to all DX9 games
The Silent Hill 2, 3 & 4 PC thread - A guide to a better HD Collection
Source Mod Megathread

Screenshots and User Content
2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread
The NeoGAF Screenshotter's Compendium Thread
2013 PC Bullshot thread
2014 Game GIF Thread
Show off that gaming PC

Emulation
Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games
PS2 Emulation with PCSX2 - share your game configs!
PPSSPP Emulation and Discussion Thread
RETROARCH - The all-in-one emulator

Steam
STEAM Thread
Steam Trading |OT|
Steam Greenlight
Custom Steam icons for Grid View
Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread - Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback
Steam Trading Cards
SteamOS
Steam Family Sharing Thread
GAF Steamgifts Group Invite Thread
GAF Steam ID list, post em!
Steam In-home Streaming Beta
Steam Universe (beta) videos, impressions

Other Digital Download Services
GOG News and Updates 2014
Green Man Gaming Thread
Origin Thread

Development Scene
Oculus Rift - Dev Kit Discussion
Indie Game Development Discussion Thread
GAF Learns - Unity [Game Engine]

Gaming Communities & Advice
Indie Games 2014
Introduction to MOBAs
PC Racing Sims
Point n Click Adventure GAF 2014

Misc*
Giving Away Steam Keys with ModBot
Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution
Kickstarter Thread - 2014
Indie Bundle Thread
The Comprehensive PC Games Sales Figures Thread.
Playfire Rewards Discussion

Dr Dogg

For a giggle and seeing as there's a sale on I dropped by the Origin thread. Christ that place is a ghost town.

It's so strange wait for the weekend to spend some time with the games you bought, but when it comes you don't want to play nothing. D:

That's me every weekend. With a few games coming up I really want to play, I've lost my motivation to get stuck into anything else at the moment. That and Sonic Generations is doing my nut in. New Sonic can go die in a fire along with all his hipster animal pals.

Levyne

Banned
Lords of Shadow is a little long for an action game. 20 hours or so. It also kind of stinks that the part that you hit right at the two-thirds mark or so is the worst part of the game.

Happy birthday Atraveller!

Dambrosi

Banned
It's great. Nuff said.
Wow, that was such a convincing argument that I've decided to buy it
with my card money
right freaking now!

Aaaaaand...Done.

Depending on where you live you may find a few active servers, but for the most part people transitioned to Quake Live since it's practically the same game.
Yeah, I thought so. Though, doesn't Quake Live have its own issues regarding ads, lag, et al?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's so strange wait for the weekend to spend some time with the games you bought, but when it comes you don't want to play nothing. D:

I haven't finished a game since Black Flag's DLC. I would have finished South Park by now, but I played through a huge chunk of it at a mate's place and we managed to get a fair bit ahead of where I got up to on the PC and now I can't be bothered resuming my save. :p

I'm currently working my way through Blood Dragon but who knows if I'll see it through to the end.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
where the fuck is my dark souls 2? fucking days with their 24 hours and weeks with 7 days and shit...

Knurek

I haven't finished a game since Black Flag's DLC.

In other, AssCreed related news, I've started my Revelations playthrough (still need to rest after the horror that was Ravenholm, and AssCreed is pretty much the definition of a brainless game).

God, there really were 10 or so Ubi studios working on the game. No wonder they have close to 10k people employed.

Lords of Shadow is a little long for an action game. 20 hours or so. It also kind of stinks that the part that you hit right at the two-thirds mark or so is the worst part of the game.

Happy birthday Atraveller!
I'm amazed you finished it.
I'm just under 4 hours in and I honestly lost all motivation to play since it just felt..weird.
Something about the combat just didn't click with me.

I'll probably force myself to play through it later in the year since a friend of mine wants me to finish it since he likes it, but yeah, wow, congrats on finishing it, mate.

i return to PC gaming once more soon
http://www.amazon.com/G750JM-DS71-17-3-inch-Gaming-GeForce-Graphics/dp/B00IKF2H12/ref=lp_8930287011_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1397886080&sr=1-1
this is what im getting
good enough for atleast Med graphics?
and dont say get a desktop cause i have no where to put it

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-860M.107794.0.html

Should be able to play games on Medium if not High for some titles. Scroll down to see FPS benchmarks for the some games.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I forget, was Black Flag the first Asscreed game to have something interesting going on during the credits? I remember the older ones taking forever to get through the credits thanks to how many studios worked on them.

But then, a friend bought me NEStalgia on steam. Holy fuck, game of the forever. Dragon Quest meets Wow with smallish servers (20-60 players). I've had no free time for the last week lol.

Also due to a comment from another thread, I now kind of want NEStalgia even more now. I usually dislike mmos but something about that sounds great.

DocSeuss

Dr Dogg

Levyne

Banned
I play on a desktop, but I have a 555m companion laptop which is okay in a pinch. Helps that it's only 1600x900. Didn't realize they were on the 800m series of notebook cards.

JaseC

I forget, was Black Flag the first Asscreed game to have something interesting going on during the credits? I remember the older ones taking forever to get through the credits thanks to how many studios worked on them.

Not during, but there is a post-credits cutscene featuring Kenway.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Question. If I buy Tropico 5 from a trader will I still receive the preorder rewards?

JaseC

I hope Wargaming brings the Total Annihilation games to Steam one day (I have them on GOG, but, you know, library consolidation/game count ;)). I was never big on the original but I rented Kingdoms on a whim back in the day and loved it.

louiedog

there are doors blocking both spots i could put it
i literally cant fit it anywhere

VgY49po.jpg

not a serious suggestion

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Not during, but there is a post-credits cutscene featuring Kenway.

Ended up checking because I swore there was something more. Took me a few videos, but there's a bit where
you control the ship during the later half of the credits
. Maybe "interesting" isn't the best word for it, but it beats the usual 20 minutes credits the games have. I can't remember if the others had anything remotely similar to it.

I just finished ep 1 of Jurassic Park. I'm really digging the nostalgia feelings of experiencing familiar locations and all of the other nods to the film. I don't know if it is just me but the game is really janky for me. The sound clips often, and the video stutters at all the wrong times. Plus, the controls can sometimes be frustrating. Hit Y 20 times in 2 seconds to not die can really get annoying especially when it come up with out warning. Maybe since I'm using a DS4 with drivers, it is not correctly picking up all of my button presses that are in quick succession.
Anyway, I am enjoying it enough to keep playing. Although I would say that if I hadn't seen the film, I probably wouldn't be enjoying it that much.

JaseC

Ended up checking because I swore there was something more. Took me a few videos, but there's a bit where
you control the ship during the later half of the credits
. Maybe "interesting" isn't the best word for it, but it beats the usual 20 minutes credits the games have. I can't remember if the others had anything remotely similar to it.

Revelations' credits are set against the backdrop of the game's opening location, which is better than a black background at least, haha.

http://www.amazon.com/G750JM-DS71-17-3-inch-Gaming-GeForce-Graphics/dp/B00IKF2H12/ref=lp_8930287011_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1397886080&sr=1-1
this is what im getting
Lelouch, I really think you should try to get a Mini ITX build or something if you're worried about space. Go check out the PC build thread or something. You can get way better than that laptop for your money if you go desktop. I overspent on pretty much all of my parts because I was impatient, spent a little less than $1k, and still have ended up with a rig that beats that laptop. And I'm guessing you don't want to be upgrading that often.

But like I told you last night that laptop still a pretty okay choice if you're set on it though.

Dr Dogg

Seeing as UbiSoft's credits are so bloody long these days they should at least go the Devil May Cry route and let you play the game whilst they roll. Though I don't know how well that would go down 1 shot insta-killing a whole bunch of guards for nigh on 40 mins? Maybe they can let you run around collecting feathers? Yeah on second thoughts this is a very bad idea.

I'm totally loving The Bureau, how does Xcom EU compare?

There's a demo on Steam that will give you a tiny idea of what EU is all about. I haven't played the Bureau [yet] so that's the best I can tell you. It's not the greatest demo in the world but it will at least give you a taste of the basic gameplay. It sold me on the game anyway :p.

Grief.exe

Seeing as UbiSoft's credits are so bloody long these days they should at least go the Devil May Cry route and let you play the game whilst they roll. Though I don't know how well that would go down 1 shot insta-killing a whole bunch of guards for nigh on 40 mins? Maybe they can let you run around collecting feathers? Yeah on second thoughts this is a very bad idea.

Speaks volumes for the actual gameplay of Assassin's Creed titles.

Lingitiz

this is what im getting

I just got a laptop with similar specs and it gets the job done. Obviously not as well as my desktop but it's really nice to have a powerful machine that I can bring around, since the time I actually have to sit down at my desktop has been dwindling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom