• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That feel when I still haven't got my Always Remember Me Steam key from a bundle.

I also noticed that The Samaritan Paradox, a point and click adventure game that had an Indiegogo campaign a while ago that wasn't quite successful, was released on Steam yesterday. Good to see it got released.

That was weird. Steam updates and suddenly Lego Marvel disappears from my install list but the files are still there. Had to rediscover all the files for no reason I can discern.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
btw it's SO great to have a new gaming pc. My old pc was a dual core with a radeon HD 4870, new one has a 280X. It's satisfying to be able to run everything, with all bells and whistles on. For Origins I put everything at max, ran the benchmark... 60 fps all the time. Obvious since it's a really good card, but still. It feels so good to run all the recent games without a hitch.

Think I'm happy with the PC+WiiU combo for the time being. I got everything covered.

It's probably not the popular opinion but Origins is my favourite Arkham game.

ali-g-respect-o.gif

This is very frustrating.

Trying to log into GMG to get Call of Cthulu and it keeps sending me a 2-step verification that doesn't work.

Well, I know on my end, the login works fine, but I'm having some strange glitches on the store.

I bought Awesomenauts and used the 20% voucher, and it read as the discounted total afterwards ($2.72), but when I checked out, I was only charged about $0.70 in GMG credit. Return to Castle Wolfenstein worked fine, then today I bought Doom BFG Edition, and instead of charging me $4 after the discount code, it was about $3.30. Very odd.

Think I'm happy with the PC+WiiU combo for the time being. I got everything covered.
Yeah it's nice, and when there is an exclusive on something that you don't have you'll still likely have a deep enough backlog that it won't matter. That, and since there's no such thing as discrete generation leaps in games you don't have that console thing of ditching your old games or your desire to pick up older titles.

molnizzle

How do I use two different injectors that both have a d3d9.dll?

I need both SMAA and the stuttering fix for The Witcher 2.

EDIT: Also, why the hell is CDPR praised so much? This game is a technical disaster that requires multiple mods and hacks in order to not look like hot garbage.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Still need 3 people for Tropico 5 4-pack split, price is 5.5 keys. PM me if interested

Dr Dogg

It's the correct opinion.

Hahaha fair enough, not that unpopular it seams. Sadly though I get the feeling a lot of people wrote it off before it even came out. Lots of the talk before it even hit the shelves were along the lines of "Well it's not being made by Rocksteady" and "Multiplayer? Nope!". Ah well, their loss.

Alright! Finally got Call of Cthulhu from GMG.

Looks like one of those niche games I will enjoy.

Dark Corners? I hope you're not a Lovecraft fan, otherwise it ain't that bad.

Nabs

So I picked up a DS4 today. Anyone have an updated set of instructions on how to set this up on W8.1? The GAF thread I found is pretty old.

Played a bit of Sonic Generations and it really hurt me. Modern Sonic...my god. Also why does Sonic need a skateboard? I don't even...

But anyway, how do I get the boss to appear for the achievement? Plenty of sites tell me how to beat him but he doesn't show up where he is supposed to be. Do I need to find a emerald or something?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
EDIT: Also, why the hell is CDPR praised so much? This game is a technical disaster that requires multiple mods and hacks in order to not look like hot garbage.

Because it wasn't a technical disaster for some people and didn't require mods or hacks to not look like hot garbage?

Momentary

Banned
Even though it seems to get shit on... I feel like Lost Planet 3 is the the best out of the three. I know that's not saying much. But I've been playing all three today and in terms of dialogue and gameplay, this is waaaaay better if you ask me. It's definitely not a classic, but it's not shit.

Also I'm glad that character models look more realistic and the women don't have their jackets zipped down to show bust in below zero conditions. That shit just irritated the hell out of me.

Dr Dogg

Played a bit of Sonic Generations and it really hurt me. Modern Sonic...my god. Also why does Sonic need a skateboard? I don't even...

But anyway, how do I get the boss to appear for the achievement? Plenty of sites tell me how to beat him but he doesn't show up where he is supposed to be. Do I need to find a emerald or something?

Hahaha I do believe this is a common problem as I asked the same thing earlier.

I really don't think I'm going to be able to stomach "new" Sonic in Generations to be able to grab the 2 remaining chievos. Old Sonic is cool and more importantly keeps his trap shut. New Sonic is like a marketing executives interpretation of a misanthropic teenager you just want to strangle. How far in do you have to get to pop the Shadow Boxing achievement?

You've apparently got to finish the first 6 chapters as both alright Sonic and the other one. After the first three are done you unlock challenges for each level which you have to complete 1 per level to unlock a key which let's you fight a boss. The first.... Yeah I can tell you've switched off as I gave the fuck up after this. 50p just isn't worth it.

I'm no fan of most of the witcher 2. But it ran fine for me on my modest hardware and looked great in parts.

Sure you had to fiddle with the settings a bit, but you could make it work.

You've apparently got to finish the first 6 chapters as both alright Sonic and the other one. After the first three are done you unlock challenges for each level which you have to complete 1 per level to unlock a key which let's you fight a boss. The first.... Yeah I can tell you've switched off as I gave the fuck up after this. 50p just isn't worth it.

Thanks but yeah, fuck that.

I was scared to press a button playing as modern sonic. I never felt like I had any idea what would happen.

Momentary

Banned
How do I use two different injectors that both have a d3d9.dll?

I need both SMAA and the stuttering fix for The Witcher 2.

You must be playing some Bizarro version of The Witcher 2.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Even though it seems to get shit on... I feel like Lost Planet 3 is the the best out of the three. I know that's not saying much. But I've been playing all three today and in terms of dialogue and gameplay, this is waaaaay better if you ask me. It's definitely not a classic, but it's not shit.

I completely agree with this. The mech movement feels way better too.

Dr Dogg

Thanks but yeah, fuck that.

I was scared to press a button playing as modern sonic. I never felt like I had any idea what would happen.

Tell me about it. I'm not sure if the A button was a homing attack or plunge nose first of the stage special. Later on you get a move on Y call an air dash, all it did was propel me into spikes and lose all my rings.

If the game was just retro Sonic it would be up there, maybe the best due to 60hz update and sensation of speed. Ah well at least All Stars Transformed has a few PlayFire awards. Now that is undoubtably a great game.

molnizzle

Because it wasn't a technical disaster for some people and didn't require mods or hacks to not look like hot garbage?

When did you play it? Post EE? Because CDPR swapped in the wrong grass textures for when you get close, it looks ridiculous when all the grass immediately around Geralt turns bright yellow. They never bothered to fix it, a mod is required. Which is a pain in the ass to get working alongside the full combat rebalance.

The in-game AA solution is terrible and causes tons of distracting dithering, and CDPR someone managed to create an engine that can't have AA forced via GPU drivers. It's in-game AA or SMAA injector.

There's also a huge issue with microstutter when VSync is enabled, which can only be fixed with a d3d9 injector since the game's engine won't apply anything forced by the GPU driver. Of course, I can't use that injector at the same time as the SMAA injector. I either get a game with tons of jaggies or tons of stuttering. Nice.

Technical diasater.

Tell me about it. I'm not sure if the A button was a homing attack or plunge nose first of the stage special. Later on you get a move on Y call an air dash, all it did was propel me into spikes and lose all my rings.

Heh it is a bit like that. "Press X!" and then you fly off across the stage into space.

If the game was just retro Sonic it would be up there, maybe the best due to 60hz update and sensation of speed. Ah well at least All Stars Transformed has a few PlayFire awards. Now that is undoubtably a great game.

Can you link or did I miss those? I agree it is a legit great game.

Dr Dogg

Heh it is a bit like that. "Press X!" and then you fly off across the stage into space.

Can you link or did I miss those? I agree it is a legit great game.

No I'm an idiot and must have had it on the brain. Sadly I'm thinking of Typing of the Dead. Hahaha sorry.

Levyne

Banned
I haven't played Witcher 2 since I ran it on a laptop happy with 30fps. Be interesting to revisit it on something more capable.

I always feel bad hearing about all the All-Stars Transformed praise, it's the transformed part that kind of kills it for me. The plane sections are dull, and I strongly dislike the handling of the boating sections. I love the actual driving, I just think the game interrupts that too often for it to make it something great to me.

Pachimari

I have decided that Tabletop Simulator and Next Car Game are the last games I buy until the Summer Sales. It's time to actually complete some of those 250+ games I have gotten over the past 2 months. And gotta save up for a competent headset.

Unless someone sells me Mafia 1 of course. ;)

No I'm an idiot and must have had it on the brain. Sadly I'm thinking of Typing of the Dead. Hahaha sorry.

Ah never mind, hopefully the playfire guy can hook us up.

I always feel bad hearing about all the All-Stars Transformed praise, it's the transformed part that kind of kills it for me. The plane sections are dull, and I strongly dislike the handling of the boating sections. I love the actual driving, I just think the game interrupts that too often for it to make it something great to me.

Yeah but that Golden Axe music.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Also I'm glad that character models look more realistic and the women don't have their jackets zipped down to show bust in below zero conditions. That shit just irritated the hell out of me.

I'm so glad to see another person like LP3 :) I think it's a fucking brilliant game and it was one of my favourite games last year. I'd place its story and dialogue just behind The Last Of Us from games last year. Jim is such a great character and his relationship with his wife is really well done.

OK I'll stop now because I could write a huge love letter as to why I love Lost Planet 3 so much. Spark Unlimited may not have done a great job with Yaiba, but they knocked it out of the park with LP3 as far as I'm concerned. Gets even better when you can play your own music in your RIG.

Yeah, if that's the Scarlet Crush SCP DS3 Service, that's what you should use. x360ce is a pain in the ass and doesn't work as good. DS4 tool has better options, but I had a lot of problems maintaining connection. SCP DS3 (Scarlet Crush) has been rock solid.

So I picked up a DS4 today. Anyone have an updated set of instructions on how to set this up on W8.1? The GAF thread I found is pretty old.

Scarlet Crush SCP DS3 Server (I think it's linked above).

I'm personally onto the totally opposite camp. I feel that Modern Sonic was great here, I know that some people can't enjoy because it's too fast but that's precisely what I like about it. It's a different kind of game.

As for the classical Sonic... It's not classic at all! The physics are totally different from the Mega Drive games. They're not broken like Sonic 4 Ep. 1 but things like bouncing and some rolling tricks (like going up and down a U shaped area to build speed) are almost non-existent in Sonic Generations. It's good but it could have been awesome, you know?

In the storyline aspect, it's much better than what we have seen since Adventure.
Sonic Generations story is inconsequential and you can skip every cutscene. In fact, it feels like a Mario plot... Sonic 3 & Knuckles plot has more dept than Generations. So, it's kind of a "one step forward, two steps back".

But we can all agree that Transformed is one of the best kart racing games ever made at least ;)

I just discovered a weird bug in Arkham Origins.

Inside the Gotham City Police Department, the frame rate drops to about 10fps but when i put detective mode on it goes back to 40+fps.

Also the counter thing seems broken as hell, i can counter three guys at once and obviously one on one, but countering two guys is impossible. The animation for taking on one of the guys is broken and doesn't register, so he always breaks the combo.

I'm enjoying the game but it's just.........so weird. Had just one problem between both Asylum and City, when i was in the Asylum it would crash not long after you get out of the first building, but i've experienced loads in Origins.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
In the storyline aspect, it's much better than what we have seen since Adventure.
Sonic Generations story is inconsequential and you can skip every cutscene. In fact, it feels like a Mario plot... Sonic 3 & Knuckles plot has more dept than Generations. So, it's kind of a "one step forward, two steps back".

Seeing Sonic and those words caused me terrible mental flashbacks. Why

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
When did you play it? Post EE? Because CDPR swapped in the wrong grass textures for when you get close, it looks ridiculous when all the grass immediately around Geralt turns bright yellow. They never bothered to fix it, a mod is required. Which is a pain in the ass to get working alongside the full combat rebalance.

The in-game AA solution is terrible and causes tons of distracting dithering, and CDPR someone managed to create an engine that can't have AA forced via GPU drivers. It's in-game AA or SMAA injector.

There's also a huge issue with microstutter when VSync is enabled, which can only be fixed with a d3d9 injector since the game's engine won't apply anything forced by the GPU driver. Of course, I can't use that injector at the same time as the SMAA injector. I either get a game with tons of jaggies or tons of stuttering. Nice.

Technical diasater.
Yeah, I had none of those issues. I used Nvidia's driver FXAA which worked quite nicely with the game for me. Your fixation on SMAA seems to be the root of your issues. Had no stuttering (used triple-buffering forced externally) and I didn't notice anything with the grass. Clearly a technical disaster for everyone who played it why did they cover this up.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So what is no new and fresh about soon-to-be-drowning-in-DLC Tropico 5 that makes it a better idea than getting the whole Tropico 4 collection for $6?

zkylon

zkylewd
I have been practicing hard on getting to hell for the past month, this is why. Now, I am trained for the "medium" levels, héhé.
yea i mean i'm totally useless at platformers so i die to spikes a lot more often than i should but still

like seriously dude it's humiliating

I'm so glad to see another person like LP3 :) I think it's a fucking brilliant game and it was one of my favourite games last year. I'd place its story and dialogue just behind The Last Of Us from games last year. Jim is such a great character and his relationship with his wife is really well done.

OK I'll stop now because I could write a huge love letter as to why I love Lost Planet 3 so much. Spark Unlimited may not have done a great job with Yaiba, but they knocked it out of the park with LP3 as far as I'm concerned. Gets even better when you can play your own music in your RIG.

This post has me convinced to grab LP3 the next time it's on sale. I knew I liked you for a reason. :)

Happy birthday future fellow! It seams like half the threads parents were busy during the months of June and July.

happy birthday my fellow time traveler

I can't trust people with the same birthday as Hitler.

(Speaking of Nazis)
DANKE SCHOEN!!!!!

Happy birthday, breh. Get blazed and all that.

or not

whatever's cool man

Happy Birthday Atraveller!

ie1jxNrLN1bLJ.gif

Happy birthday! ^^

Happy birthday!

Welcome, future time person. And happy birthday!

Happy birthday! One more year left before birthdays become a negative thing so enjoy it.

Yeah, this wouldn't be as much of a problem if Steam didn't just get to eat your original copy. As it is, its pretty crappy.

Happy birthday, timeatraveller. ;)

Happy birthday, Daenerys Atraveller! :D

Happy birthday :)

Happy birthday time traveler.
Thanks guys!

Also Witcher 2 is not garbage.

Nabs

Yeah, if that's the Scarlet Crush SCP DS3 Service, that's what you should use. x360ce is a pain in the ass and doesn't work as good. DS4 tool has better options, but I had a lot of problems maintaining connection. SCP DS3 (Scarlet Crush) has been rock solid.

Scarlet Crush SCP DS3 Server (I think it's linked above).

Thanks for the links. I'm having a hell of a time getting anywhere with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom