• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
Grats, man! Hope you enjoyed it. (It's probably my favorite Final Fantasy. Really liked the world and the chemistry between the characters.)
Thanks! It wasn't my first time playing it, but it was my first time beating it and damn, it felt good to finally beat it (always gave up on the
third Seymour battle back when I used to play the game like crazy in middle school
)

I'm probably about 6 or so hours behind you, playing on the Vita. Also immediately pre-ordered the new Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call. Wish both of these games were coming to Steam.
Oh yeah, I need to pre-order that as well, thanks for reminding me!

Bluth54

Yeah, that was kind of weird considering Valve's stance on pre-rendered cutscenes.

I'm guessing the ending was a pre-rendered cut scene because the part with all the turrets probably would of run really poorly on consoles and it probably couldn't of loaded between different environments fast enough.

soo I just finished The Swapper. pretty amazing game. Got all the logs, but maybe I missed something. Confused about the end game.

If your player character is the clone that the Scavenger ejected into space, how do we have independent control not tied to the Scavenger?

MUnited83

For you.
So is there a reason there hasn't been a Spring Sale? Is it still coming or did they just decide not to do it?

Spring Sale was never a thing. There was a Indie Spring Sale last year, but that only applied,well, to selected indie titles. Purely a themed sale. There never was a real Spring sale.

Levyne

Banned
I find I'm a little rusty at Batman. It's fun to re-learn, though!. I need to stop relying on the trigger + y takedown because it alerts everyone.

Chronoja

Talking about Killing Floor makes me want to play Killing Floor.

What is Tripwire even working on right now?

Killing Floor 2.

/believe. Seriously though, it appeared in that big database list of prophecy did it not. Project: "something", something being aftermath or something like it. Nvm. It was project calamity and that wasn't KF2.

Nabs

Uhh... I'm usually pretty up on this but I just noticed that Bloodrayne Betrayal was added to the coming soon list. Am I late?

Oh snaps. I figured it would get the Neon treatment.

capsule_616x353.jpg

April 30th

Vibranium

Banned
With Chell, it's not that she's a "dangerous mute lunatic" but that she simply refuses to speak because she won't give GLaDOS or Wheatley the satisfaction of a response.

Heh, that is true and was alluded to in the game. Still, I would have loved to hear Chell play off Wheatley and GLaDOS to be honest.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Uhh... I'm usually pretty up on this but I just noticed that Bloodrayne Betrayal was added to the coming soon list. Am I late?

I am glad that some of the XBLA/PSN backlog is making it to Steam, but personally it's mostly been games that haven't been TIER A priority type stuff for me. It really guts me knowing that Raskulls would be fun as hell on PC, the developer still exists and is healthy and releasing new games, and there's no barrier to it being ported... it just isn't going to get ported. ilomilo being in the Win8 store jail along with Keflings also sucks :(

Grief.exe

I am glad that some of the XBLA/PSN backlog is making it to Steam, but personally it's mostly been games that haven't been TIER A priority type stuff for me. It really guts me knowing that Raskulls would be fun as hell on PC, the developer still exists and is healthy and releasing new games, and there's no barrier to it being ported... it just isn't going to get ported. ilomilo being in the Win8 store jail along with Keflings also sucks :(

It just seems counterintuitive as we know what the PC market is capable of for indie and mid-tier games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Killing Floor is impossible to play solo. Whereas L4D1/2 is at least somewhat possible to solo on Normal/Hard (even the hardest mode, but that is a bit of a stretch) due to AI being able to somewhat back you up. Can't say the same for Killing Floor.

Killing Floor is impossible to play solo. Whereas L4D1/2 is at least somewhat possible to solo on Normal/Hard (even the hardest mode, but that is a bit of a stretch) due to AI being able to somewhat back you up. Can't say the same for Killing Floor.

Killing Floor is entirely playable solo, so you're dead wrong there, you have to kite.

Edit: I'm going to play some KF, if anyone on my friends list wants to come.

derExperte

Hate may be a strong word, but I didn't have any fun with the game so far.

I didn't at first either, it takes a while mainly because low level classes + inexperience means you're pretty use- and clueless about what's going on. The game is way more complex than it appears at first. Admittedly it doesn't do all that much to explain stuff and ease new players into it and I get if someone doesn't want to invest the time after a bad initial impression but there's a reason why KF still has a solid player base after all these years and regular events. Btw if you need a hand with any achievements I can help.

Having to kite/get around what the game wants you to do (work together to kill enemies) to "solo" doesn't make it solo-able.

Kiting, especially in KF, means not playing the game like it's meant to be played? News to me. It surely isn't my idea of fun to play KF solo but as a team I prefer moving around the map sometimes instead of holing up 24/7.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Heh, its nice to see that the Modding scene is flowering on CS:GO. I might have to start playing CS again.

Blech. If that's the case, then GO is ruined. Joining community servers to download megs of files that are only going to be used for 1-5 rounds on a server is really one of the downsides of PC gaming. I really wish more games would give me a "download just the map. Fuck sound/model files" options. :/

scorpscarx said:
Killing Floor is entirely playable solo, so you're dead wrong there, you have to kite.

So, basically: Not playable solo, like I was saying... then?

Having to kite/get around what the game wants you to do (work together to kill enemies) to "solo" doesn't make it solo-able.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery apps were all patched a couple of hours ago. I wonder if they still have TAGES.

Im not sure. There are 2 codes, one with the normal DVD code activation, and another note with something that looks like a Steam key.

I can't try the code before tommorrow though, I'll come back with info.

The game was developed and published by Ubisoft and there's no retail sub. It's not a Steam key, or at least not one for Lost.

Killing Floor 2 wasn't actually Killing Floor 2, apparently.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1190273&postcount=28

That may have been the case back then but you can't be in-game in DLC. It's Killing Floor 2.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Blech. If that's the case, then GO is ruined. Joining community servers to download megs of files that are only going to be used for 1-5 rounds on a server is really one of the downsides of PC gaming. I really wish more games would give me a "download just the map. Fuck sound/model files" options. :/

Just man up and play competitive mode already.

Just wrapped up my New Game+ on Hard in Prototype 2 and 100%'d it. The closest thing to a challenge was the final boss fight. Since I had all of the powers and possible upgrades once I hit max level I stopped doing the openworld activities and just powered through the remaining missions.

dyQ5DIw.jpg

Well, now that that's out of the way I'm going to go play Cold Cold Heart.

Tellaerin

Here's a question for all you lovely ladies and gents.

Earlier I noticed that VtM: Bloodlines is 75% off right now, and it's getting a lot of praise around here. Some people have compared it to Deus Ex, which caught my attention. My question is, how well does the game hold up for someone who's not a huge fan of vampire fiction or World of Darkness tabletop stuff? (I don't hate vampires or anything, just to be clear. I'm just not into them the way I am cyberpunk/post-cyberpunk stuff.) Trying to get an idea of whether I ought to dip into my rainy day stash of card money and pick it up while it's on sale, or hold off and put it toward something else.

Thanks for the heads up, been wanting to get this for the longest time but I didn't have a 360 lol.

This week and next week is gonna be yet another broke ass week for me on Steam:-

Dark Souls 2
Child of Light
Bloodrayne Betrayal

Earlier I noticed that VtM: Bloodlines is 75% off right now, and it's getting a lot of praise around here. Some people have compared it to Deus Ex, which caught my attention. My question is, how well does the game hold up for someone who's not a huge fan of vampire fiction or World of Darkness tabletop stuff? (I don't hate vampires or anything, just to be clear. I'm just not into them the way I am cyberpunk/post-cyberpunk stuff.) Trying to get an idea of whether I ought to dip into my rainy day stash of card money and pick it up while it's on sale, or hold off and put it toward something else.

To be honest, it'll be a bit of a hard slog, Deus Ex holds up a lot better.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is the deadliest warrior chivalry xpac any good?
I got Chivalry with it just now for $9 so I'll tell you later, lol.

I also almost got Titanfall but this comment on a video saved me:

"MP only game
- No clan support, always play with randoms
- No ability to choose maps.
- Random log in to half-finished games
- No dedicated servers
- No private games"

Aside from the fact a comment on a video was actually useful, I was amazed that they thought it was a good idea to make an MP only game without those basics. No wonder it's bomba price on Amazon right now.

zkylon

zkylewd

well imo world of darkness stuff is hard not to like if you give it a chance and this has like mitsoda writing in it so it's filled with awesome characters and lots of atmosphere

gameplay wise it's pretty lame since basically none of its mechanics work too well but i play it every couple years with a new clan and enjoy finding new stuff and all that. it's pretty interesting what they did with the p&p game's mechanics, as someone that played world of darkness' p&p games i really enjoyed it their take on them, felt like a really good translation. like playing with different clans feels different enough in playstyle (like nosferatu are kind of stealthy, malks have insane dialogue choices, gangrel is melee, brujah is ranged, toreadores are pansies, etc.), the character sheet is cool, you get to see a tons of different creates, etc.

i'd say it's 100% worth it, gameplay was never as good as deus ex but if you like good writing and good atmosphere (who doesn't anyways?) then go for it

it's awesome

Nabs

It has plenty of screaming, and lots of fun team v team v team v team matches. Shit, I need more of that right about now. I have great memories of rolling around with a team of ninjas, throwing ninja stars and smoke bombs. Also my Viking team was beastly. You can either play smart and use your shield to block, or you can play the right way and throw your shield at enemies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
BTW

Sonic Adventure 2 is $2.50 on GamersGate right now. I don't know if you have noticed, but for some reason that one is often excluded from individual sales when other Sega games get them.

They also have the Typing of the Dead DLC individually on sale, so if you are like me and got the base game earlier and only want a couple DLC instead of the whole collection pack and extra copy of the base game, that is a good place to nab them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom