• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

For the new page
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Home Sheep Home 2 Desura Key -- MB-5ED58478C889FC5A
ulgzbKC.png
Master Reboot Desura Key -- MB-F85E310D2B3B6B9D
ulgzbKC.png
Samphi Desura Key -- MB-EEE78A17D3B07056
ulgzbKC.png
CAFE 0 Desura Key -- MB-DB6F4E643D4644E4
Master Reboot -- MB-EFF1D11DA8F0AFE2
Tales from the Dragon Mountain: The Strikx -- MB-C59232FAE56FCE7A
Jolly Rover -- MB-5838FAA92E6558C2
Ultratron -- MB-BD8FE313ED5E771B
ulgzbKC.png
Jibs Arcade Desura Key -- MB-4ECDCE9379BCA0FA
Imagine me -- MB-EADA93F8D3A5F396
Gun Monkeys -- MB-7F39C32735348ECD
ulgzbKC.png
Jazz, Trump's Journey Desura Key -- MB-595D2817B51AD491
Threadspace Hyperbol -- MB-A054944082E60057

t1398270793z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was just out the door but I'll have a quick look. My support ticket is still up in the air after being told TAGES removal was for retail only but when I mentioned it was also removed from UPlay I was told they would get back to me.

Fake edit: Both have 540mb patches downloading so fingers crossed.

Maybe once Anno is done, Ubi will release King Kong and Tintin.

Maybe.

Probably not.

But maybe.

How could you lose?!
BTW -- I added another comment to my Stormrise ticket earlier today -- still nothing. Tomorrow will be a week since I opened it.

Classic Valve.

So what are you asking for it?

I'm waiting until I have the only three copies in existence. ;)

Asskicker

I was just out the door but I'll have a quick look. My support ticket is still up in the air after being told TAGES removal was for retail only but when I mentioned it was also removed from UPlay I was told they would get back to me.

Fake edit: Both have 540mb patches downloading so fingers crossed.

Please tell me this is true, I hope it will go back on sale on Steam! Been waiting forever for this.

JaseC

so the dark side of suarez is finally revealed

sad

It's a seller's market. If people didn't want to pay 25 keys a piece for my three copies of Motor Rock, they shouldn't have. ;)

I was being kinda serious and would like to know for how much he can let go one copy of BulletStorm.

40+ keys (if I'm in no particular need of the money, the longer I can wait) or a copy of Wheelman. :p

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
If only there was some way to play games without DRM.

663HMjx.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not sure if this works so no modbotting it

Driftmoon - 3356G-IMP5J-D80XB

let me know

Dr Dogg

Please do. Still didn't buy it yet because of the Tages.

Please tell me this is true, I hope it will go back on sale on Steam! Been waiting forever for this.

Maybe once Anno is done, Ubi will release King Kong and Tintin.

Maybe.

Probably not.

But maybe.

I might have good news.

Quick question though to anyone who knows. If you make a back up of a game that uses additional DRM, like TAGES but from a machine that's already activated does that transfer with the backup? So when you restore on a new machine that hasn't had the software activated does it use the authorisation from the back up or want you to authorise again?

Yeah sorry that's a bit convoluted hahaha.

Asskicker

I might have good news.

Quick question though to anyone who knows. If you make a back up of a game that uses additional DRM, like TAGES but from a machine that's already activated does that transfer with the backup? So when you restore on a new machine that hasn't had the software activated does it use the authorisation from the back up or want you to authorise again?

I think it will want to authorise again, not sure though.

JaseC

I might have good news.

Nope. Like SecuROM you have to use a deactivation tool on the original machine to revoke the activation.

spin it however you want lady i know what you are
jase how does it feel to take advantage of people not in the know

how does it feeeeeel you monster

tumblr_inline_ml0sx1hg3fah.gif

Nothing gives character to a gif like missing frames.

Tizoc

While not a Wayforward game, Hard Corps Uprising is a game I'd love to see on Steam.
Yeah it's silly hard but once you've gotten the patterns down you get an advantage that'd help you in beating the game.

Copons

dat hand movement, dem fingers position, I cannot unsee it

On a totally unrelated note: I've been stuck inside Civ5 like I was twelve years old with Civ 2 again, and I got to the point that this game brings my rage to unbelievable new levels of rage when I win...

Basically: whenever I try to do a military or science victory, I always end up with a sad non-macho cultural victory.
Is there a way to stop influence to spread to other civilizations?
I mean, last time I conquered a capital containing like 3/4 of every world wonders, full of combo-ed works of art. It took me less than 30 years, from like 1977 to 1990 to go from exotic to influential with everyone else, while I was spamming great scientists to discover every tech needed to build the spaceship. I had super fast cities (like: it took me less than 10 turns to build SS Cockpit and SS Boosters), but there was just no time to complete it.
So yesterday I went to sleep full of anger. What should I do, my dear civ-fanatic GAFfers?

Dr Dogg

Nope. Like SecuROM you have to use a deactivation tool on the original machine to revoke the activation.

I don't think TAGES has ever had a revoke tool. Nasty piece of software. Anyway I'll report back in an hour.

So yesterday I went to sleep full of anger. What should I do, my dear civ-fanatic GAFfers?

You select Genghis Khan as you Civ, start with rapid expansion and work you capital hard, use wonders like the Coliseum to combat unhappiness and expand a city or 2 into garrisons that only produce military units. When that's done you stomp all over the map. Seriously being aggressive early can make short work of games and can be quite fun if you're normally a Culture Vulture.

Copons

You select Genghis Khan as you Civ, start with rapid expansion and work you capital hard, use wonders like the Coliseum to combat unhappiness and expand a city or 2 into garrisons that only produce military units. When that's done you stomp all over the map. Seriously being aggressive early can make short work of games and can be quite fun if you're normally a Culture Vulture.

Yeah, I guess "culture vulture" is appropriate. :D
I always played Civ like a soft city builder, trying to build as much stuff as possible everywhere. But the fact is that in Civ5 culture isn't just something you could ditch for good: I very much need social policies and ideologies tenets to improve my empire. Like, I find a good and easy way to grow is to spam-ally to every city state. They give you resources and units, allowing you to do whatever, so I need to complete Patronage. Or Liberty, that gives free workers and a settler, a huge help for the early game.
So I guess I probably go too much crazy with culture and before I know here I am, making other peeps buy my blue jeans and listening to my pop music (which, as I usually play Japan, probably means cosplay costumes and AKB 48), winning too early to try any other victory. :(

Dr Dogg

Yeah, I guess "culture vulture" is appropriate. :D
I always played Civ like a soft city builder, trying to build as much stuff as possible everywhere. But the fact is that in Civ5 culture isn't just something you could ditch for good: I very much need social policies and ideologies tenets to improve my empire. Like, I find a good and easy way to grow is to spam-ally to every city state. They give you resources and units, allowing you to do whatever, so I need to complete Patronage. Or Liberty, that gives free workers and a settler, a huge help for the early game.
So I guess I probably go too much crazy with culture and before I know here I am, making other peeps buy my blue jeans and listening to my pop music (which, as I usually play Japan, probably means cosplay costumes and AKB 48), winning too early to try any other victory. :(

Hahaha don't get me wrong it's a totally legitimate way to play but like going for a Space Race victory or trying to force through a UN vote it takes bloody ages. Usually going for a conquest victory whilst playing online you have to man up fast to have much of a chance if you're playing against good players but in single its all dependant on the Civs you're facing and the difficulty. Try cranking out your usual tactics on Deity difficulty and then come back and tells us how frustrated you are because the AI is a monster. Not even Rock 'n' Roll will save you :p

JaseC

I don't think TAGES has ever had a revoke tool. Nasty piece of software. Anyway I'll report back in an hour.

I'm on my phone so I can't really go digging but it may be that you have to contact the publisher. I recall Guru3D running afoul of Anno 2070's activation limit and Ubi initially refused to help.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait... What? Vampire looks a magnitude better than deus ex (we are talking about deus ex 1 right?)

You might prefer one over the other as a game, but saying that deus ex holds up better is insanity to me. I know opinions are just that, but damn o_O
I haven't played VtM:B, but I did play Deus Ex last year and found it to hold up perfectly well. I even liked the way it looks, and the gameplay was fun. So I wouldn't find what he said hard to believe (again, can't state my opinion on the comparison because I haven't tried both games).

Caerith

On a totally unrelated note: I've been stuck inside Civ5 like I was twelve years old with Civ 2 again, and I got to the point that this game brings my rage to unbelievable new levels of rage when I win...

Basically: whenever I try to do a military or science victory, I always end up with a sad non-macho cultural victory.
Is there a way to stop influence to spread to other civilizations?
I mean, last time I conquered a capital containing like 3/4 of every world wonders, full of combo-ed works of art. It took me less than 30 years, from like 1977 to 1990 to go from exotic to influential with everyone else, while I was spamming great scientists to discover every tech needed to build the spaceship. I had super fast cities (like: it took me less than 10 turns to build SS Cockpit and SS Boosters), but there was just no time to complete it.
If you're accidentally getting cultural victories, you're playing way too peacefully. Try playing as China-- they're pretty much built for science and/or military.

China's unique ability is to produce generals faster than anyone else, and those generals are twice as effective. Their unique unit, the chu-no-ku, can attack twice per turn. I don't think any other unit in the game can do this. Super Generals + double-attacking ranged units will pretty much wipe other civs off the map, but only if you fully commit to the war machine.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Any tropico 5 owners (via gift copy, not buyers) received their preorder rewards yet? There's a discussion going on at steamcommunity where a lot of people who have been in touch with Kalypso are saying that only the ones who originally bought the copy will receive the preorder rewards. Apparently there's a steamdb entry that backs this up but I can't check atm

kafiend

Any tropico 5 owners (via gift copy, not buyers) received their preorder rewards yet? There's a discussion going on at steamcommunity where a lot of people who have been in touch with Kalypso are saying that only the ones who originally bought the copy will receive the preorder rewards. Apparently there's a steamdb entry that backs this up but I can't check atm

There is a very useful post on this issue from the dev's on the Steam forums. Here it is in all its informative glory.

We are currently in contact with Steam trying to solve the issue again.
Please excuse the inconveniences.

Dr Dogg

I think TAGES might be gone from Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery. I've installed a back up and redownloaded the the core game and Venice on a new machine and at no time did I get the prompts I did when I first ran it on another computer.
I didn't see these this time said:

Checked the local TAGES and SolidShield folders and don't have any new entries so it's not tried to call out an activate behind my back. Going to try once more on another PC that hasn't seen Anno in any state and hopefully it's all good.

I'm on my phone so I can't really go digging but it may be that you have to contact the publisher. I recall Guru3D running afoul of Anno 2070's activation limit and Ubi initially refused to help.

Well funnily that was the first thing the Ubisoft support guy asked if I wanted to do. Didn't even bloody read my ticket. I suspect their support depart is run by robots (even if it is actually humans I'm still probably close).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Spent an hour or two sightseeing Tokyo and Kyoto and the two cute sisters in Go Go nippon. Even walked in on one of them nekked in the shower! :O

Worth a dollar from the Groupees thingy

Copons

Hahaha don't get me wrong it's a totally legitimate way to play but like going for a Space Race victory or trying to force through a UN vote it takes bloody ages. Usually going for a conquest victory whilst playing online you have to man up fast to have much of a chance if you're playing against good players but in single its all dependant on the Civs you're facing and the difficulty. Try cranking out your usual tactics on Deity difficulty and then come back and tells us how frustrated you are because the AI is a monster. Not even Rock 'n' Roll will save you :p

If you're accidentally getting cultural victories, you're playing way too peacefully. Try playing as China-- they're pretty much built for science and/or military.

China's unique ability is to produce generals faster than anyone else, and those generals are twice as effective. Their unique unit, the chu-no-ku, can attack twice per turn. I don't think any other unit in the game can do this. Super Generals + double-attacking ranged units will pretty much wipe other civs off the map, but only if you fully commit to the war machine.

I must say that I'm currently playing at Prince (level 4 IIRC, the normal one), mostly because I
suck
am in one of those periods when I need a slow paced, easy way to fuck my hated (since Civ 1 I think) Zulus. So probably the easiness could be the culprit in my early cultural victories.

But anyway, I mostly play military oriented civs, like Rome or Japan (yeah, the latter has culture boost from atolls, but is not like the world is that full of atolls... :D ), and I rarely have any problems going for military victory, as I usually stop conquering stuff when I feel I have everything I want, but still the military advisor always tells me I'm 1337 (and also I usually have enough money to spam late-game units around the world).

My problem is just that I never enjoyed a good ol' space victory, because the game forces me to win in any other way than that, and once you won you cannot assemble the spaceship anymore. :'(

Milamber

I think TAGES might be gone from Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery. I've installed a back up and redownloaded the the core game and Venice on a new machine and at no time did I get the prompts I did when I first ran it on another computer.

Checked the local TAGES and SolidShield folders and don't have any new entries so it's not tried to call out an activate behind my back. Going to try once more on another PC that hasn't seen Anno in any state and hopefully it's all good.

Thanks again so much for taking the time to confirm all this.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
There is a very useful post on this issue from the dev's on the Steam forums. Here it is in all its informative glory.

Didn't expect anything more than a generic response from them. At least they could clarify how it would work from the start to not let this mess happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom