• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Thanks for the heads up, been wanting to get this for the longest time but I didn't have a 360 lol.

This week and next week is gonna be yet another broke ass week for me on Steam:-

Dark Souls 2
Child of Light
Bloodrayne Betrayal

Child of Light is out next week?! For some reason I thought it was still months away.

BTW

Sonic Adventure 2 is $2.50 on GamersGate right now. I don't know if you have noticed, but for some reason that one is often excluded from individual sales when other Sega games get them.

They also have the Typing of the Dead DLC individually on sale, so if you are like me and got the base game earlier and only want a couple DLC instead of the whole collection pack and extra copy of the base game, that is a good place to nab them.

Someone clued me into the TotD DLC sale on GamersGate earlier -- I was happy to grab the last piece I was missing for a pittance... for some reason the coupons on GMG never apply to the Love at FIrst Bite DLC... :|

Child of Light is out next week?! For some reason I thought it was still months away.

4/30 I think.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the game BinaryPork2737!

Thanks for Droid Assault!

Thanks for Nosferatu.

You're all welcome, I hope you enjoy the games!

Yep. It comes out on the 30th.

So I decided to look at Greenlight again. I don't know what I expected when I saw the name Hyper Pong, but it definitely wasn't that wonderful soundtrack.

MUnited83

For you.
Is Red Orchestra 2 Soviet Campaign supposed to be very, very hard? I mean, I got through the German campaign easily on Hero difficulty, but I can't even get past the first chapter of the Soviet Campaign.

I got Chivalry with it just now for $9 so I'll tell you later, lol.

I also almost got Titanfall but this comment on a video saved me:

"MP only game
- No clan support, always play with randoms
- No ability to choose maps.
- Random log in to half-finished games
- No dedicated servers
- No private games"

Aside from the fact a comment on a video was actually useful, I was amazed that they thought it was a good idea to make an MP only game without those basics. No wonder it's bomba price on Amazon right now.

This is not entirely accurate. It doesn't have 'clan support' but you can party up with friends and play together. And the game certainly runs on dedicated servers. Users have no control over them, which is nothing new sadly, but they are dedicated servers nonetheless. I think they were also talking about doing private games in an update but I haven't played the game for about a month so I'm not sure if that happened. The game had absolutely no longevity for me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
To be honest, it'll be a bit of a hard slog, Deus Ex holds up a lot better.

Wait... What? Vampire looks a magnitude better than deus ex (we are talking about deus ex 1 right?)

You might prefer one over the other as a game, but saying that deus ex holds up better is insanity to me. I know opinions are just that, but damn o_O

Wait... What? Vampire looks a magnitude better than deus ex (we are talking about deus ex 1 right?)

You might prefer one over the other as a game, but saying that deus ex holds up better is insanity to me. I know opinions are just that, but damn o_O

Who cares about how it looks? I'm talking about how it plays. Vampire will be a lot harder to get into and has many aspects that are a lot clunkier than what you get with Deus Ex. Given the context of the post I was replying to, I think that is perfectly reasonable.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Who cares about how it looks? I'm talking about how it plays. Vampire will be a lot harder to get into and has many aspects that are a lot clunkier than what you get with Deus Ex. Given the context of the post I was replying to, I think that is perfectly reasonable.

Fair enough, just usually I think people mean graphics when they say something holds up, my bad.

For the record, I played both recently for the first time, and I thought Vampire was much better... I actually couldn't get into Deus Ex, while I loved Vampire :/

DocSeuss

Killing Floor is impossible to play solo. Whereas L4D1/2 is at least somewhat possible to solo on Normal/Hard (even the hardest mode, but that is a bit of a stretch) due to AI being able to somewhat back you up. Can't say the same for Killing Floor.

Uh, I've soloed a couple KF normal-length games back in the day.

Dude clipped through the box and got stuck inside of it. I couldn't punch or damage him while he was clipping through the geo. I also couldn't use any gadget to dislodge him and since it was the open world, I had to quit out. Not a great start so far.

25DA2D51777E943B901E0A2942CE2B1BAC8620E4

Card Boy

Banned
These are Steam compressed so you won't see all the detail but this is stuff you can do with V:TM mods.

I copied this thread.

I had:

• Latest unofficial patch
  • Material Pack 12/16/11
  • Prop Model Skins
  • Objects, Ground, and Some Decals
  • Metal, Tile, Glass, and Others
  • Asphalt, Concrete, and Carpet Pack
  • Wood Pack
  • Stone Pack
  • Plaster Pack
  • Brick Pack
  • Building Packs
  • Better lock picking up close hand textures
  • Better looking eyes
  • Custom resolution
  • AA
  • Custom FOV
  • SilentMasquMod

Get this if you want a game similar to Deus Ex. My only criticism is not as good as Deus Ex. V: TM mods are very easy to install and even a mod nub like me worked it out.

So which of the millions of dlc for Killing Floor is actually essential?

Is it all cosmetic? Am I missing out on anything since I only have the base game? What about the community weapon packs?

zeroOman

can someone help in getting titanfall from amazon the offer will end soon

edit:
let me ask agian where can i find ppl who can help in getting game from another region

Levyne

Banned
The Arkham DLC is pretty throwaway. Well, it's exactly what you'd predict it would be. Gives a fun reason to revisit the game, though. The final encounter is an obvious rehash, and there's some length padding, such as reusing a room for one of the room clears.

Still probably worth whatever cheap price I got it for, and it killed a day for the DS2 wait.

I bought Vampire:TM on a whim. Heard so much about this game.

Took me awhile to get it working, but after playing for 20 minutes it seems interesting.

Any tips for getting the most out of this game?

zkylon

zkylewd
Start over and play a Malkavian.
nah, malkie is ideal for like a second playthrough

like it's best to get like a standard one with like brujah or gangrel and then move to malkie on a second playthrough, see all the weird shit you've missed on your first time

game's not that long anyways

I bought Vampire:TM on a whim. Heard so much about this game.

Took me awhile to get it working, but after playing for 20 minutes it seems interesting.

Any tips for getting the most out of this game?
don't pick nosferatu and don't expect much from the combat. i think guns > melee but i can't remember, i know i beat the game as a melee and as a gun character so you know, it's possible

it's not really a game you can beat without killing anyone (well maybe as nosferatu but you'll be missing tons of dialogue), so put some points on combat stuff

best beginner clan would be brujah

nah, malkie is ideal for like a second playthrough

like it's best to get like a standard one with like brujah or gangrel and then move to malkie on a second playthrough, see all the weird shit you've missed on your first time

game's not that long anyways

You're totally right, I just have so many fond memories of my Malkavian playthrough that have mostly overridden the other ones :p

aku:jiki

I am so confused by the Killing Floor discussion. Kiting is like the #1 most fundamental tactic for all wave-based arena horde-type games, from dualstick shooters to action RPGs to FPS to whatever else. It's like saying jumping in Mario is too much work I don't even what no srsly what

zkylon

zkylewd
You're totally right, I just have so many fond memories of my Malkavian playthrough that have mostly overridden the other ones :p
yea, malk playthrough is an unforgettable ride but i dunno, i think contrasting it with the normal playthrough is pretty cool

i never got too far on my nosferatu playthru tho

i don't like playing ugly characters lol

I am so confused by the Killing Floor discussion. Kiting is like the #1 most fundamental tactic for all wave-based arena horde-type games, from dualstick shooters to action RPGs to FPS to whatever else. It's like saying jumping in Mario is too much work I don't even what no srsly what

Kiting?

Educamate me please.

Levyne

Banned
It's typically when you keep moving so that an enemy has to give chase instead of attacking a stationary target, thus mitigating damage. But there's nuance to the usage. It doesn't just mean "Moving around", even if that's what it fundamentally boils down to.

Card Boy

Banned
don't pick nosferatu and don't expect much from the combat. i think guns > melee but i can't remember, i know i beat the game as a melee and as a gun character so you know, it's possible

Melee is king in this game. Guns only ever become good if you get end game stuff.

Levyne

Banned
huh, what do you mean

I just remember fumbling around in the character creation for a while and then throwing my hands up because I did not have the talent to make anything higher than "homely". Luckily you see the character's backside most of the game anyway :p

zkylon

zkylewd
I just remember fumbling around in the character creation for a while and then throwing my hands up because I did not have the talent to make anything higher than "homely". Luckily you see the character's backside most of the game anyway :p

i don't even remember bloodlines having character creation

like you pick male, female, clan, that about it

You get an enemy to follow you and then walk/run backwards(often in a circle/around obstacles) out of its melee range while using ranged attacks.

It's typically when you keep moving so that an enemy has to give chase instead of attacking a stationary target, thus mitigating damage. But there's nuance to the usage. It doesn't just mean "Moving around", even if that's what it fundamentally boils down to.

Ah, gotcha! Thanks :). I do that myself in games sometimes but didn't know there was an actual word for it. Good to know! :D

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I usually think of kiting as a combination of strafing and backwards movement in a zig zag pattern to exploit enemies who can only attack forwards in a straight line. Because you're moving away and to the side of their attack, it'll miss. It's one of those things that's been "designed" around by making your backwards movement slower in a lot of FPS games.

I have fond memories of my Toreador first playthrough in VtN: Bloodlines. All the Nosferatu have some fantastically bitter things to say about your shiny pretty charming character, especially if you succeed with your a dialog checks. "Don't tarnish your silver tongue licking my scaley backside."

zkylon

zkylewd
I have fond memories of my Toreador first playthrough in VtN: Bloodlines. All the Nosferatu have some fantastically bitter things to say about your shiny pretty charming character, especially if you succeed with your a dialog checks. "Don't tarnish your silver tongue licking my scaley backside."
lol toreadors suck man. like arty stypes? who the fuck wants to play that!?

actually, my brother started hosting a p&p adventure of vampire: masquerade and all his friends have picked like the lame diplomatic clans: tremere, toreador, they even have two ventrues. like seriously wtfff

at least pick giovanni if you're gonna be in a suit

Dr Dogg

The Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery apps were all patched a couple of hours ago. I wonder if they still have TAGES.

I was just out the door but I'll have a quick look. My support ticket is still up in the air after being told TAGES removal was for retail only but when I mentioned it was also removed from UPlay I was told they would get back to me.

Fake edit: Both have 540mb patches downloading so fingers crossed.

Milamber

I was just out the door but I'll have a quick look. My support ticket is still up in the air after being told TAGES removal was for retail only but when I mentioned it was also removed from UPlay I was told they would get back to me.

Fake edit: Both have 540mb patches downloading so fingers crossed.

Please do. Still didn't buy it yet because of the Tages.

Is Red Orchestra 2 Soviet Campaign supposed to be very, very hard? I mean, I got through the German campaign easily on Hero difficulty, but I can't even get past the first chapter of the Soviet Campaign.

How do you play the campaign? I couldn't figure out how to do anything outside of multiplayer.

How could you lose?!
BTW -- I added another comment to my Stormrise ticket earlier today -- still nothing. Tomorrow will be a week since I opened it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom