• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm overloading on PC gaming goodness recently:

BF4
Trials Fusion
Next Car Game
South Park Stick of Truth
Dark Souls II
PlanetSide 2
Trackmania Stadium

Feels good. Has been too long. And hot damn iprocessor and SSD is smoking.
Planetside 2 is really demanding, haven't gone back to it after the optimization patches.

Skyzard

Banned
Planetside 2 is really demanding, haven't gone back to it after the optimization patches.

I'm not sure what it was like before but I'm smoking it with my rig...BF4 drops below 60 more often, but then I'm still new to PS2 and haven't gotten into many huggeee fights yet.

So I won Risk of Rain (thanks Widdly Scuds!) and after playing about an hour of it, half in single player, half in local co-op, and it's...okay?

First of all, only one character unlocked is a bit silly. Second, progress (items unlocked, stats, etc.) aren't tracked in local co-op, which is definitely silly. The game itself - and these are preliminary impressions - feels kind of shallow. The character's four skills don't grow, as far as I can tell, which means that the variety of each run boils down to the cool passive items you can pick up.

While most of the items are lots of fun and add unpredictability to each run, I found that they don't really change the way I played the game. The best strategy seems to be use skill 1, use skill 2, shoot, dodge through mob (dodge gives invincibility frames), turn around and repeat. I feel like although the mobs and challenge escalated, I was still using the same strategy over and over, and kiting enemies on a 2D plane isn't that exciting.

The pixel art and especially the soundtrack are pretty cool though.

You dont get Monster Logs and Item logs if you play on easy. And you get logs in local coop mode (on normal). And the more characters you have the better the game gets.

Miker

You dont get Monster Logs and Item logs if you play on easy. And you get logs in local coop mode (on normal). And the more characters you have the better the game gets.

Huh. I didn't know that, and the game didn't point that out. I'm not really sure I care enough to put in the time to unlock more characters; it didn't leave a great first impression :(

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So when can we expect Warhammer DoW II to drop GFWL? Steam Achievements were recently spotted for the game and if I am not mistaken the same thing happened with Bioshock and Batman. How long did it take for both of these games to remove GFWL after getting Steam achievements?

I haven't played Planetside 2 much since the beta/after I upgraded my computer. The crazy battles ran at around 15-20 FPS so I wonder how the game would play at a steady 60. Might give it a go tonight.

rookiejet

Decided to clean my keys .txt
No real rules (except a short raffle timer because I like raffles more) since, while all the keys should be unused, shit could still happen (like it did with some indiegala keys) and if it does, I'm really sorry.

Thanks, Lain! This is an amazing giveaway. I snagged the Overlord 1 pack (which, incidently, I was just researching because of the GOG strategy sale, and now I got it for free, because you're awesome!) And thanks, Stumpokapow, for creating and maintaining Modbot, it's the gift that keeps on giving (cheesy, but is truthfact.)

No real rules (except a short raffle timer because I like raffles more) since, while all the keys should be unused, shit could still happen (like it did with some indiegala keys) and if it does, I'm really sorry.
Thanks for Lucius!

wazoo

So when can we expect Warhammer DoW II to drop GFWL? Steam Achievements were recently spotted for the game and if I am not mistaken the same thing happened with Bioshock and Batman. How long did it take for both of these games to remove GFWL after getting Steam achievements?

Steam achievements means steam works. We are getting close anyway of the closure of GFWL, it is just a matter of months.

I am more worried about Dirt2 and Dirt3.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

From what I remember, it actually took a pretty long time even after both of those games had their achievements spotted.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619976

Skimming through the threads Grief posted it looks like it might have been in the neighborhood of...About three months? And who knows if that's informative of how long it'll take...Relic?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

~5 months and ~4 months respectively. You can't really extrapolate from the presence of Steam achievements how far along the patches are -- they're just one component of the Steamworks suite and there's no rule regarding when they can be implemented.

Redrum_82

If I remember correctly Bioshock 2 got achievements a very long time before the patch went live (6 month or something like that).

DoW2 has been getting a lot of updates on steamdb in the past 2 months, so it's definitely coming, but it could still take a while.

Jawmuncher

Just played a bit of Dustforce. Definitely a game i'll be going back to.
I'll need to use a controller though was not doing well with the keyboard.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I need to play something that I can feel I'm good at, and that's not too hard and that I can make progress without too much trouble. There's a certain boss in The World Ends With You that's been kicking my ass several times, and it got even worse when
I took down his life bar, only to discover he has a second life bar I also have to deplete.
Fuck that shit, I want to break my 3DS and never look back (not really).

Maybe Dark Souls will make me feel better... lol

Huh. I didn't know that, and the game didn't point that out. I'm not really sure I care enough to put in the time to unlock more characters; it didn't leave a great first impression :(

You dont have to play it but i recommend you digging another hour into it. At least unlock another character (Some are very easy) and try to reach the end level (You will probably die before facing the last boss). That was the time where i was addicted to it. And it is just so damn good and i hope they add some new content.

I need to play something that I can feel I'm good at, and that's not too hard and that I can make progress without too much trouble. There's a certain boss in The World Ends With You that's been kicking my ass several times, and it got even worse when
I took down his life bar, only to discover he has a second life bar I also have to deplete.

Just wait 10 Days do level up your pins... lol.
Better play Dota2 against noobs if you want to feel powerful.

Nabs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygrEVnrg3Ic

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Yeah, judging from the recent Steamdb activity I figured that Steam Achievements would put the nail in the coffin of the Steamworks patch. Looks like I was wrong

Thanks for the replies y'all

Turfster

Wolfenstein: The New Order ROW
prohibitrunincountries - DE AT

I don't like the trend getting censored games here in Austria :(

Well, he was yours, and then used them, so... really, it makes sense.
(Pretty sure that's the only reason it actually got censored for you.)

Jawmuncher

God Damn that show was awesome. Well the first season anyway.
Cool thing the VHS "movie" which was just the first 3 episodes I think. Had a VCR board game inside of the case. Recall it being pretty fun but it's not like you can replay those sorts of games a lot.

Played a bit of VVVVVV got to this odd area and gave up. Music was kick ass though.

Anteater

Sunrise/sunset thread is making me sad that there's still no news of GTAV on steam. It's got to come eventually I guess :/

sucks for gta fans really, those games usually run terrible on consoles and are great fit for pc.

I have yet to beat gay tony but I think I'm a bit burnt out from beating 4 and lost and damned so I don't mind if it comes later.

koma

Thanks a lot for Hero Siege! It should be perfect for short multiplayer sessions with my casual friends :)

rookiejet

I noticed I've been taking more than giving lately. Pales in comparison, but I hope you enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-0C8360DCB83D8011 - Taken by Vazduh. 1 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-320171DCF243E9CE - Taken by Scorpion Soldier. 3 entrants total.
Syder Arcade -- MB-7A783A409A7F4AAA - Taken by BernardoOne. 1 entrants total.
Card City Nights -- MB-366A441E80B17476 - Taken by tuseday. 7 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-2F1286BA64D9B9A4
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-B016D696B5C7744E - Taken by lucebuce12. 1 entrants total. - Taken by lucebuce12. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword -- MB-A4DF82B3E5B68877 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 4 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-8423E917648CD556 - Taken by pupo. 1 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-D242FA920C11970E - Taken by Pop. 1 entrants total.
Metro 2033, Risen, Sacred Citadel -- MB-D6FB44AB697E3F0E - Taken by Volimar. 3 entrants total.
Clickr -- MB-BA8A58FF40C133FA - Taken by Nabs. 1 entrants total.
Commandos 3: Destination Berlin -- MB-B619703E6CA74C65 - Taken by Ruruja. 3 entrants total.
Organ Trail -- MB-49561741EAEDA902 - Taken by Man Puncher. 4 entrants total.
Ticket to Ride -- MB-C2B5870B74F81207 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-C303A331D528CA5C - Taken by Leg-End. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-1625EDC6F5F78D36 - Taken by schwupp. 1 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-C866E1AD04223F98
Giana Sisters -- MB-BB5C38182736DC2B - Taken by Waku. 2 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-7E75C6412253AB5D - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-17B090A90654A3A2 - Taken by Succinct Verbosity. 1 entrants total.

t1398617691z1.png

Miker

You dont have to play it but i recommend you digging another hour into it. At least unlock another character (Some are very easy) and try to reach the end level (You will probably die before facing the last boss). That was the time where i was addicted to it. And it is just so damn good and i hope they add some new content.

Do you have any tips? I die on the second level (after the first teleporter). I just can't do enough damage. Should I be letting things spawn on the first level and grind more before moving on? Does money carry on from level to level?

maneil99

Anybody has or are going to pre-order Age of Mythology HD?

I have it pre ordered, why do you ask?

Likely never, DoW II : Retribution is the only DoW game anyone plays atm.

hohoXD123

Thanks a lot Lain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom