• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjohn86

2014-04-28_20-02-28_zps3a055469.png

I think we are out of luck on this one to be cheaper on another retailer for Steam.

This is so frustrating.

Dr Dogg

But anyway, what "custom storefront" even means?

Is this a way to create a sort of selected titles every user show somewhere?
And in this case, couldn't I just open a website with a list of cool stuff linked to the relative Steam page?

If someone buys through my store, would I get a piece of the cake?
And in this case, how could I offer a greater deal than anyone else, or Steam itself?
And if there are ways to obtain keys at lower price (thus allowing me to be competitive against other people), what would be the difference with Amazon or Humble or whatever?

I mean, right now the only thing I can imagine is some kind of Amazon Affiliates program, where you put a widget of an Amazon product on your site, and if someone buys it through you (or, IIRC, buys something else a couple of clicks away from your "gateway"), you get some Amazon wallet cash.
It would be cool for VIPs storefront, like a GiantBomb one for example, but for the common user?

Dunno, dunno.

Humble store widget links were kind of like that but christ did that turn into a mess.

Thorgal

Good evening Steam- Gaf .

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metal Slug- -- MB-6C3C607AEDF99A92 - Taken by topyy. 43 entrants total.

t1398717611z1.png

Good lord I feel like Dark Souls 2 is gonna end up my GOTY. The last time I was this thirsty for a game was Dark Souls 1. Co-oping with a friend is absolutely amazing. Even when you aren't summoned to each others worlds and you are just playing in roughly the same area figuring shit out together is amazing.

You know how I feel about co-op, but outside of that, I have to agree.
I like the randomized co-op enough that while some people frustrate the hell out of me with their "skill level", that I have no problems saying "oh, I need my humanity back and full health for this? I'll put down my summon sign then"... it's how I've been grinding souls too...

A lot of the bosses tend to work better with summoned phantoms as well because of the numbers game. However...

Belfry Luna
I had helped a few people take out the gargoyles so I could learn the patterns and stuff and had fully planned on taking someone with me. When I managed to flip the lever and then got killed by defender clan people, I didn't wait around for a summon, I bee-lined for retrieval and then outran the invaders to the boss door. I took on all 3 of those fuckers by myself while hollowed and <80% health. I'd have rather had some help so I didn't have to play so conservatively; it's no fun trying to fend of 3-4 gargoyles while looking for an opening to cause damage. Thankfully, I decided to drop my last 17 levels or so into faith, so I can now throw lightning bolts... without that, I probably would have bit the dust.

The_Monk

Just arrived home and the people I saw yesterday on Dark Souls II are still playing it, some with over 40 hours for a game released on Friday! Oh, how I would love to borrow some time, can't wait to dive back in since I was a in recent location last time.

Also, I new bundle might appear in just a few seconds, I believe?

Well, it should NEVER be a problem of quantity of stuff released. I mean, that should ALWAYS be a good thing, never mind the quality.

The problem here is that the Steam store frontpage is completely sub-par for a huge task like that.
Just saying, it's still 940px width, like PC gamers are stuck with a '95 CRT monitor up to 1024x768.
That's so much wasted real estate, it's quite unbelievable.

My guess is in Valve environment where the best and brightest do whatever interests them the mosts, either doesn't attract people who are good at designing a store front for the web or prevents them from hiring such people.

I needs it from IndieGala...

What bundles was it in -- ES isn't cooperating with telling me the # of times it's been a bundle currently.

Anybody have a extra Mutant Mudds key from the weekly bundle they'd sell?

If I have an extra in my list, I'll give it to you.
Otherwise, maybe do a search for modbot posts with it -- it's possible there are some unclaimed somewhere (slim chance, but it happens sometimes).

Steam keys for Millennium : A New Hope are available on Groupees. It has trading cards and Playfire rewards.

What groupees bundle was it in?

Edit:
Indie Gala January
The Debut 5 Bundle
Build a Greenlight Bundle

Seems I need Indie Gala January to give me a Steam key here.

How do you remove the space from icons in Steam Grid view again?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106549718&postcount=4702

man it's harder to strafe behind enemies in dks2 isn't it, damn fat knights and their swipe attacks

I dunno about that -- if you mean in terms of backstabbing enemies, I always found that to be problematic in Dark Souls too. Only when they're unaware and even then... your best bet is if they have a heavy attack with a long recovery time and you anticipate it.

If by "fat knights" you mean "old knights" in heide's ruins, you should learn the attack animations and then learn to roll into the position you want to be in. :)

Anteater

I dunno about that -- if you mean in terms of backstabbing enemies, I always found that to be problematic in Dark Souls too. Only when they're unaware and even then... your best bet is if they have a heavy attack with a long recovery time and you anticipate it.

Just feels like a lot of things are done differently but maybe I just don't remember the first game too well :p

I haven't landed a backstab in DS2 yet in 12 hours. I remember landing quite a few in DS1 though.

I land them all the time on the undead soldiers -- when they do the heavy overhead, you just strafe behind them and BOOM. So satisfying. :D

Just feels like a lot of things are done differently but maybe I just don't remember the first game too well :p

Were you the guy who didn't know Dark Souls had a "heavy attack"? ;)

I have it but I never can get into the game. I will play an hour, and then decide to boot up Saints Row 3 or 4.

This makes me very sad. :(

GaussTek

I think this hasn't been mentioned here yet, so in case someone missed it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=809401
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ins-why-theres-still-no-pc-version-of-destiny

Bungie explains why Destiny isn't coming to PC (yet).

Basically, they said they're already very busy with all the 4 platforms the game is releasing on:

Bungie COO Pete Parsons echoed Bakken's response when we quizzed him on the same subject.

"I think four platforms on day one is a lot, considering we've been a one platform team for a very long time," he said.

(I blame the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)

But, it may be released on PC someday:

"That doesn't mean it can't happen in the future, it just means it won't happen right now."

While it seems certain that Destiny will not launch on PC alongside the console versions, what chance post-launch? Or, perhaps, what chance of a PC version of future Destiny games?

"I look forward to our future conversations around PC," Parsons said, cryptically.

"We love the PC. We hear it too. We ask the question of ourselves."

So, perhaps early next year? Looking forward to it!

Panda Rin

I've been thinking about buying game cases and printing out game covers for most of my steam games. I miss having that huge row of games to look at. Anyone have a good website of covers?

I am enjoying Dark Souls 2 SO MUCH. Can't remember when was the last time I played something nearly 7 hours in just 4 days. Usually I get 7 hours of play time in 2 weeks

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I've been thinking about buying game cases and printing out game covers for most of my steam games. I miss having that huge row of games to look at. Anyone have a good website of covers?

It doesn't have much in terms of PC games, but the Cover Project is always a good place to start. Plus you can always check out their forums for information and requests.

I LOVE YOU because you made me check if it was on sale and it was so i'm gonna buy it love love lvoe voelvovl

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Last Express- -- MB-51B3B9FD719587C1 - Taken by zeroOman. 11 entrants total.

t1398711539z1.png
What better endorsement do you need??

Tellaerin

Maybe casual means something else in German? Like coming up for coffee has nothing to do with drinking a beverage in some places.

I think Germans are just that hardcore. They look at Dark Souls II and see a lightweight but fun action RPG whose attempts to be challenging are futile but cute, like a small child trying to be threatening.

nampad

Spares:
ModBot said:
Instructions for nampad:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

The 11th Hour -- MB-1AA19AF26A0AF92E - Taken by Purkake4. 10 entrants total.
Lume -- MB-A1EAB4CF41229575

t1398721033z1.png

Not sure if this one works but it should:
ModBot said:
Instructions for nampad:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Rochard -- MB-31E95241AA7714EA - Taken by VikasNarula - Taken by VikasNarula

r3n4ud

I am enjoying Dark Souls 2 SO MUCH. Can't remember when was the last time I played something nearly 7 hours in just 4 days. Usually I get 7 hours of play time in 2 weeks

Same here man. Now that I've read up a bit on how to upgrade my sorcerer, I'm having a blast. Haven't put this much time into a game in the longest time.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Tabletop Simulator -- MB-66D08301126346A9 - Taken by Deques. 34 entrants total.

t1398722119z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom