• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought 11 Bravo Crates for $0.90~ea about a month ago and now they are worth 2.0~ and rising

All technically free from phoenix case money too

I just recently got into CS:GO (loving it) - should I be holding onto any Phoenix crates I get? I know the price dropped after the game went on sale, so I've been selling them immediately...

MRORANGE

And the USSR one was never released in color. In fact, I only found out it existed when I went to download the books that my dad's collection is missing. It doesn't even appear in the list of comics that's featured on every book.

I'd love to get a physical copy of the ones I don't have, though sadly I haven't seen them in any library. Maybe I should try to track down some used copies on the internet...

London, Covent Garden:

tJusSQ0.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
not to mention that hilarious banned ussr book where tintin finds out that in russian factories workers are actually burning books instead of manufacturing crap

but hey racist or not captain haddock was a true man

i'm pretty sure the edition i have is in color

it's somewhere at my dad's place but i'm pretty sure it is
Really? I thought I've read that in Wikipedia, though I may be wrong (I hope I am!).

And yeah, Haddock is awesome. He always makes me laugh, a real gentleman. I should rewatch the cartoon and movies, can't remember anything about them.

London, Covent Garden:

tJusSQ0.jpg
Forget about Psychonauts 2, this is my new most wanted thing.

zkylon

zkylewd
Really? I thought I've read that in Wikipedia, though I may be wrong (I hope I am!).

And yeah, Haddock is awesome. He always makes me laugh, a real gentleman. I should rewatch the cartoon and movies, can't remember anything about them.
i may be just remembering the cover

even if we had a lot of the tintin books that one was always hidden away somewhere for some reason so maybe i'm remembering it wrong

and now we know how much my "pretty sure" is worth lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Disciples III: Resurrection -- MB-28307C4200F3014D - Taken by crazyrabbits
Dungeons Steam Special Edition Plus 2 DLC -- MB-0EC28497B47D7AC1 - Taken by gabbo
Sine Mora -- MB-D880E9B1EC10C7A1 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Tropico 3 Gold -- MB-94A0EEC3388DD904 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Skydrift -- MB-34B7449FD7C80620 - Taken by BorntoPlay

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Modbot is not working for me or I did something wrong, 50/50 I would say.

MUnited83

For you.
So, how do I go about to create a giveaway for 7 games in gift form, them all being the same one? I know I can send one to my email and copy past the gift link, but steam does not seem to allow sending the same game(not the same gift) to the same email.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ModBot said:
Disciples III: Resurrection -- MB-28307C4200F3014D - Taken by crazyrabbits
Tropico 3 Gold -- MB-94A0EEC3388DD904 - Taken by crazyrabbits

crazyrabbits is on a roll! I guess Modbot's general wonkyness with GAF going down is to blame. Enjoy!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
X05, thank you so much for supreme commander. I've been a long time TA fan and supcom retail owner, just not via steam. The convenience of a steam version will no doubt have me hooked all over again!
You should direct your thanks to Arthea, who did that massive awesome giveaway :)

Anyone else get some more coupons? 75% off Skulls of Shogun and 25% off Octodad for me.
Just got two coupons:
75% off Skulls of the Shogun
75% off Flotilla

Anyone want them? Skulls of the Shogun is really fun. $3.74 is a great price.
I got only one, I feel scammed :(

So are you implying Tintin is racist and that black guys in his comics are depicted as being utterly stupid?

I think you are crazy!

I love Tintin, it just wouldn't be the same if Congo guys were smart :p
The least we talk about Congo and USSR the better.
I do love Tintin though!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
crazyrabbits is on a roll! I guess Modbot's general wonkyness with GAF going down is to blame. Enjoy!

There was 15 minutes between the claims, so the only rule he's breaking is two wins from one giveaway. Did both have the same giveaway ID (IE were they generated from the same giveaway)?

ga_id|gameName|secureKey|taker
658987939|Disciples III: Resurrection|28307C4200F3014D|crazyrabbits
994561205|Tropico 3 Gold|94A0EEC3388DD904|crazyrabbits

Different giveaway IDs.

No rules broken, no wonkiness.

So I had a giveaway on one of the last pages of the last thread and now that the thread locked I cant access it to see what was taken and not lol How do I check this?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So I had a giveaway on one of the last pages of the last thread and now that the thread locked I cant access it to see what was taken and not lol How do I check this?

ModBot should have edited out stuff that was claimed, not sure what happened there. The ampersand in your username might be tricking it out. I'll check.

Edit: I see what happened. Not your fault at all. ModBot had already been pointed to this thread before the draw happened and couldn't find the post.

Stuff that was taken, and by who:

Bad Hotel|Saty
Foreign Legion Buckets of Blood|Gianni Merryman
Not The Robots #2|Cth
Clickr|bornlivedie
Gentlemen!|aku:jiki
Interstellar Marines|nampad
Velvet Assassin|natertots
Duke Nukem|gabbo
Dawn of Fantasy Kingdom Wars|nightstorm
Little Racers Street|dot
Two Brothers|BinaryPork2737
Zafehouse Diaries|More_Badass
CreaVures|Lain
Gunman Clive|FiveElementNinja
Rock of Ages|Scipius
Fester Mudd Curse of the Gold|alr1ght
Duke Nukem 2|Kiru
Ethan Meteor Hunter|Dambrosi
Not The Robots|oipic
Hero Siege|Shalashaska
Cargo Commander|fspm
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition|r3n4ud

The rest is not taken.

EdmondD

I just recently got into CS:GO (loving it) - should I be holding onto any Phoenix crates I get? I know the price dropped after the game went on sale, so I've been selling them immediately...

I sell them Wednesday or early morning Thursday that is when drops start to dry up and you can make a bit more money on them.

ModBot should have edited out stuff that was claimed, not sure what happened there. The ampersand in your username might be tricking it out. I'll check.

Edit: I see what happened. Not your fault at all. ModBot had already been pointed to this thread before the draw happened and couldn't find the post.

Stuff that was taken, and by who:

Bad Hotel|Saty
Foreign Legion Buckets of Blood|Gianni Merryman
Not The Robots #2|Cth
Clickr|bornlivedie
Gentlemen!|aku:jiki
Interstellar Marines|nampad
Velvet Assassin|natertots
Duke Nukem|gabbo
Dawn of Fantasy Kingdom Wars|nightstorm
Little Racers Street|dot
Two Brothers|BinaryPork2737
Zafehouse Diaries|More_Badass
CreaVures|Lain
Gunman Clive|FiveElementNinja
Rock of Ages|Scipius
Fester Mudd Curse of the Gold|alr1ght
Duke Nukem 2|Kiru
Ethan Meteor Hunter|Dambrosi
Not The Robots|oipic
Hero Siege|Shalashaska
Cargo Commander|fspm
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition|r3n4ud

The rest is not taken.

Ah fair enough, do I resubmit the rest for a new giveaway? or can we repost the old giveaway codes, I will see if i can see the old thread.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ah fair enough, do I resubmit the rest for a new giveaway? or can we repost the old giveaway codes, I will see if i can see the old thread.

If you repost the rest in here, they'll be edited out properly in here :) Again totally not your fault, just a quirk of the system.

jshackles

There was 15 minutes between the claims, so the only rule he's breaking is two wins from one giveaway. Did both have the same giveaway ID (IE were they generated from the same giveaway)?

ga_id|gameName|secureKey|taker
658987939|Disciples III: Resurrection|28307C4200F3014D|crazyrabbits
994561205|Tropico 3 Gold|94A0EEC3388DD904|crazyrabbits

Different giveaway IDs.

No rules broken, no wonkiness.

It just seemed weird because I registered the giveaway with 5 games, 3 got claimed pretty quickly, and a few minutes later I got another PM confirming the same 5 games, but got error messages from the three that had already been claimed.

Weird. ;)

Not 100% sure this key hasn't been used, so my apologies if it doesn't work, but I think it's alright.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Enclave -- MB-BBE3B0F05B01D43D - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 4 entrants total.

t1396400175z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It just seemed weird because I registered the giveaway with 5 games, 3 got claimed pretty quickly, and a few minutes later I got another PM confirming the same 5 games, but got error messages from the three that had already been claimed.

Weird. ;)

I... can't explain that one. It obviously either received your PM twice or received it once and processed it twice for some reason?

I just got a Goat Sim Booster pack. I swear, this game was made for me.

Crap. Forgot to play this. Anyone wanna play for a lil bit?

I can try. I have no idea what I'm doing. Send me an invite or whatever on Steam. I can pretty much save my game of Ys at any point in time.

StAidan

Bundle stuff that I don't want. It needs a good home:

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Broken Sword 2 -- MB-8D354AD06D6B2D63 - Taken by Kiru
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-16AC9A2C82C42EA4 - Taken by Dezzy
Bridge Constructor -- MB-4336764C1047116B - Taken by Widdly Scuds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom