• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneil99

I just recently got into CS:GO (loving it) - should I be holding onto any Phoenix crates I get? I know the price dropped after the game went on sale, so I've been selling them immediately...

They go for about 1.80~ so sell, once/if they drop below 1$ hold on to them unless you need a game, they will rise to about 2.00~ a month or two after the operation

Bundle stuff that I don't want. It needs a good home:

Yay thanks, I've had this on my wishlist, <3

Darn you, Widdy Scuds!
B1

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The Steam store is down, isn't it? Will I still get cards if Community's up?

EDIT: seems like Community is down too. Weird, the chat is working fine, as are downloads.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
There was 15 minutes between the claims, so the only rule he's breaking is two wins from one giveaway. Did both have the same giveaway ID (IE were they generated from the same giveaway)?

ga_id|gameName|secureKey|taker
658987939|Disciples III: Resurrection|28307C4200F3014D|crazyrabbits
994561205|Tropico 3 Gold|94A0EEC3388DD904|crazyrabbits

Different giveaway IDs.

No rules broken, no wonkiness.
Oh shit, is that not allowed?? In Arthea's giveaway I won Kairo from the raffle, but after the deadline passed I took The Journey Down because it was unclaimed and the thread was already locked, so I figured no one would see it anyway. Uh I can buy a copy and give it away maybe?

Sajjaja

Does anyone have that Reggie gif where Reggie is sitting in a chair and he's nodding his head and the camera zooms close to his mouth and you see a smirk and his teeth start to show and the camera zooms back out?

Run on sentence I know.

Kadin

Just tried to get on Steam and noticed it's down. Are there any good sales going on right now or just the normal downtime?

Stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Broken Sword 2 -- MB-3A20F0A2C02F93A4 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-E4E23C7FE68F64EB - Taken by VikasNarula

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oh shit, is that not allowed?? In Arthea's giveaway I won Kairo from the raffle, but after the deadline passed I took The Journey Down because it was unclaimed and the thread was already locked, so I figured no one would see it anyway. Uh I can buy a copy and give it away maybe?

No, no, don't worry. It's Modbot's job to enforce the rules, not the end user's. If ModBot lets you take something, it's ok for you to take it, provided you're not being a mega-jerk.

Wasn't a massive fan of Battleblock when I bought it a while back on the 360 but I should still probably give it another go. The puzzle single player was fun but the coop mario party esqe games were a bit boring to me.

I just finished my Hardcore run of Ultionus, which wasn't that hardcore, to be honest.

Still, a crazy enjoyable game and I have one more achievement to get.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
My big problem with Battleblock Theatre is that a similar but in my opinion far more interesting game called Raskulls came out a few years before it on 360. I'm slowly working through BBT, and I'm having a good time, but I'd so rather Raskulls have been the one to get a Steam port.

Diedac

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-675FDDBBC6D26508 - Taken by jon bones
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-A043D1B50AE2AF23 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-DF48EC30CBAC16CA - Taken by doctorcdcs

derExperte

Thumbs up for Battleblock from me, no idea if the coop gets much more difficult later on but up until chapter 3 it's frantic but never frustrating, the controls work very well, levels aren't too long, funny deaths and the presentation is great (technical problems aside).

And I just discovered that the heads and weapons are sellable on the Steam market, interesting.

Battleblock doesn't run for me. It's a fuckin' slideshow.

Restarted your PC since installing?

My big problem with Battleblock Theatre is that a similar but in my opinion far more interesting game called Raskulls came out a few years before it on 360. I'm slowly working through BBT, and I'm having a good time, but I'd so rather Raskulls have been the one to get a Steam port.
Raskulls is really good. It's what I kind of envisioned Mr. Driller evolving to if Namco had not been so incompetent.

Blizzard

Banned
I noticed that at long last, Gray Matter released on Steam. I'm downloading it now. I've never played it and the metacritic score is mediocre, but it looks pretty and the concept seems neat.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Europa Universalis 3 thanks to Artheas![/SPOILER] -- MB-AA24F51D257043D7 - Taken by Vyse24

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
gahh been waiting to download Gray Matter via Steam for ages

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

whyyy :(

Vyse24

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Europa Universalis 3 thanks to Artheas![/SPOILER] -- MB-AA24F51D257043D7 - Taken by Vyse24

And I was just about to ask if I entered it in correctly. Guess I did lol.

And thanks Artheas.

I'm cross posting a question from the Half Minute Hero II thread.

How do loyalty coupons work? Should they pop as the game is released or is there a waiting/delay period?

I wonder why XSEED has not released any more Falcom games in over a year.

Ark of Napishtim.
Xanadu Next.
Gurumin.
Dinosaur Resurrection.

So much goodness being sat on.

Vecks

Really LTTP, but finished Arkham Asylum.

I actually played Arkham City first, so it affected my view of Asylum quite a bit.

The setup of the story and the whole intro was fantastic. I do prefer the approach that Asylum took. The experience and pacing seemed more cohesive, and it just felt like what you'd expect from a super hero game. I especially liked when everything was transformed by Ivy. Also, I really can't put it into words and I'm not sure what it is exactly, but something about Asylum gave me flashbacks to older super hero games, including the batman ones, on SNES and NES. Arkham City on the other hand reminded me of other modern stealth action games, but with a Batman coating.

In the end, I had a lot more fun in City. Asylum had some things that I really didn't care for. Aside from Ivy, the boss battles felt rehashed; the final boss in particular was disappointing. That fetch quest in Croc's lair was just tedious and unexciting. The scarecrow stuff was sort of neat and sort of not. And the gadgets really didn't feel as fleshed out (as expected).

Arkham City I can see myself replaying in a year or two. Asylum however, still a good game, but I don't think I could replay it.

Waking Mars hooked me in a way that I don't want to leave the martian caves, I want to explore it more and more to discover the secrets it may contain.

Relax.MX

Good vibes to South America (earthwaquake of 8.2 on Chile), everything is all right? Salsa? Madrugador? Pepper? Rionna? M_Rain?, etc.

Really LTTP, but finished Arkham Asylum.

I actually played Arkham City first, so it affected my view of Asylum quite a bit.

The setup of the story and the whole intro was fantastic. I do prefer the approach that Asylum took. The experience and pacing seemed more cohesive, and it just felt like what you'd expect from a super hero game. I especially liked when everything was transformed by Ivy. Also, I really can't put it into words and I'm not sure what it is exactly, but something about Asylum gave me flashbacks to older super hero games, including the batman ones, on SNES and NES. Arkham City on the other hand reminded me of other modern stealth action games, but with a Batman coating.

In the end, I had a lot more fun in City. Asylum had some things that I really didn't care for. Aside from Ivy, the boss battles felt rehashed; the final boss in particular was disappointing. That fetch quest in Croc's lair was just tedious and unexciting. The scarecrow stuff was sort of neat and sort of not. And the gadgets really didn't feel as fleshed out (as expected).

Arkham City I can see myself replaying in a year or two. Asylum however, still a good game, but I don't think I could replay it.
You may have noticed this already since you've played through Arkham City, but if you go to the GCPD and if you go on top of the roof and then look into the distance(opposite from arkham city) you'll be able to see Arkham Asylum across the water covered in Ivy's vines, it's a pretty neat little thing that makes the two games feel more connected, and I like that.

And personally I prefer Arkham Asylum for it's more simplistic nature, but that's also probably nostalgia talking since I played Arkham Asylum first and loved the crap out of it(Bought it twice(once on PS3 once on PC) and replayed through it 13 times, while with Arkham City I've only finished it three times(purchased it three times as well))

gdt

Just finished Gone Home...man I loved it. Glad I picked it up on sale a few weeks ago. The ending was amazing. An incredibly...memorable experience.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I wonder why XSEED has not released any more Falcom games in over a year.

Ark of Napishtim.
Xanadu Next.
Gurumin.
Dinosaur Resurrection.

So much goodness being sat on.

They seem to be focusing on Trails in the Sky right now, FC is taking a while too.

Just finished Gone Home...man I loved it. Glad I picked it up on sale a few weeks ago. The ending was amazing. An incredibly...memorable experience.
I've heard that game is really, really good but I've also heard it's only great if you're nostalgic for the sorts of things that are in the game, from what I'm told it's very early 90's~

Do you think I'd be able to enjoy it even though I was born in 1995 and won't get the majority of the references scattered around the house?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I've heard that game is really, really good but I've also heard it's only great if you're nostalgic for the sorts of things that are in the game, from what I'm told it's very early 90's~

Do you think I'd be able to enjoy it even though I was born in 1995 and won't get the majority of the references scattered around the house?

Absolutely. At it's core, the game is a very touching story about a family that is easy for everyone to resonate with.

Ezalc

Good vibes to South America (earthwaquake of 8.2 on Chile), everything is all right? Salsa? Madrugador? Pepper? Rionna? M_Rain?, etc.

Salsa is in Uruguay, IIRC Montevideo. I doubt that it had any impact on his location.

I'm in Brazil, also on the eastern coast so there was nothing here either.

Didn't even know that had happened though, hopefully everything is alright over in the affected areas.

Off-topic, but man, I wish "Your Posts" and "Mark Forums Read" weren't next to eachother in the dropdown menu on GAF. I accidentally hit that second one way more than I should and completely lose my bearings. It doesn't help that I just got trolled by the forum itself when it decided to randomly omit "Today's Posts" from the list placing moving "Mark Forums Read" up one making me click it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom