• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The new Binding of Isaac looks incredible, really can't wait for that to come out. Easily one of my most anticipated games this year.

Tellaerin

Yeah, I played the original, it was ok, but being a flash game and not being able to use a controller made me loose interest very fast, also that art style.... ugh.

I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one who's put off by the art style in BoI. Hearing people talk about the game, I definitely felt like I was in the minority when it came to that.

def sim

man i'm so incredibly excited for dks2 pc previews

what if it's incredibly better looking

what if it's 1280x720 max resolution

the suspense is killing me

From the other Dark Souls thread:

GiantBombcast Info:
This is a preview build retail build will follow.
Totaly Competent PC version
Maxed out with no drops on an older PC
Better shaders, textures etc.
The leaked option screens seem legit
Loading times on PC 2-4 secs on a standard HDD. SSD probably faster.

Let's all pat ourselves on the back. We made the right decision!

The new Binding of Isaac looks incredible, really can't wait for that to come out. Easily one of my most anticipated games this year.
It looks really cool, I can't wait for it as well.
The original game just never clicked with me, the art style just looked...odd, I think the art style worked fine for a game like Super Meat Boy, but for some reason in Binding of Isaac it just didn't seem like the correct style to go for, can't really explain why but I definitely love the pixel style they're going for now, it looks a lot better now and it gives me a GBA graphics vibe that I really like.

Also, IIRC controller support built in(so no being told to use Joy2Key, yay) can't wait to use the PS4 controller on it, the dpad on the PS4 controller is amazing <3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Deluxe edition is $49.99 while the separate game and Season Pass totals out to $12.50.

The Season Pass only includes the King Washington missions, though. You miss out on everything else, including the two items you highlighted.

zkylon

zkylewd
From the other Dark Souls thread:

Let's all pat ourselves on the back. We made the right decision!
omg praise the durante

ij1GPFwSEW4eJ.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
downgradeton can still be there since there's no specific mention of the lighting but you know, better anything is still more than i expected

JaseC

downgradeton can still be there since there's no specific mention of the lighting but you know, better anything is still more than i expected

The lighting is going to be the same as the console versions. Any hopes of the game looking like the early version or even the TGS build died when Scamco uploaded new screenshots to the game's product page showing the same areas seen in the console versions.

I don't think Scamco is sitting on the pretty version of the game to repackage it later down the line as a "next-gen" re-release, though. That's just wishful thinking as far as I'm concerned -- it was a big vertical slice and nothing more.

I'm looking forward to BoI:Rebirth &#8213; goodbye Flash! I've had WotL sitting in my inventory since day 1. I wanted to get the Dark Boy and Mamas Boy achievements before playing the expansion, but never got around to it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It looks really cool, I can't wait for it as well.
The original game just never clicked with me, the art style just looked...odd, I think the art style worked fine for a game like Super Meat Boy, but for some reason in Binding of Isaac it just didn't seem like the correct style to go for, can't really explain why but I definitely love the pixel style they're going for now, it looks a lot better now and it gives me a GBA graphics vibe that I really like.

Also, IIRC controller support built in(so no being told to use Joy2Key, yay) can't wait to use the PS4 controller on it, the dpad on the PS4 controller is amazing <3

I remember seeing that Edmund always wanted the game to have a pixellated art style to make it like an old Zelda game - that was one of his main influences for the game - so the art style shift doesn't bother me. To be honest, outside of the huge amount of new content, the main draw is going to be seeing this thing run like butter now it's not made in flash, ha.

Parsnip

So I guess today we'll also actually see some DkS2 pc footage, not just hear about it on bombcast? Does GB have a timeslot for the quicklook in their schedule? Can't check because the site's blocked at work (GAF isn't blocked, huzzah!)

Praising intensifies and all that.

So I guess today we'll also actually see some DkS2 pc footage, not just hear about it on bombcast? Does GB have a timeslot for the quicklook in their schedule? Can't check because the site's blocked at work (GAF isn't blocked, huzzah!)

Praising intensifies and all that.

9AM, whatever timezone they're in (PST/PDT?)

zkylon

zkylewd
The lighting is going to be the same as the console versions.
yea i know just tempering expectations

in fact from posts on the other thread seems like it's shitty lighting indeed

no they didn't. brad quickly mentioned if you haven't played it, get it on pc. makes sense considering you get performance improvements. both seemed slightly bummed that it doesn't have any of the extra effects from the early builds but were pleased that its a competent port.

I don't think Scamco is sitting on the pretty version of the game to repackage it later down the line as a next-gen re-release, though. That's just wishful thinking as far as I'm concerned -- it was a big vertical slice and nothing more.
that's ok

i got just the gif for the disappointment :D

Deques

I'm looking forward to BoI:Rebirth &#8213; goodbye Flash! I've had WotL sitting in my inventory since day 1. I wanted to get the Dark Boy and Mamas Boy achievements before playing the expansion, but never got around to it.

Go get them now! The achievements won't probably transfer to Rebirth

Anteater

guess people are getting good performance from nfs rivals without random framerate drops with the new nvidia drivers, should've jumped on that origin deal.

Milamber

Wonder if they'll use Shadowplay for their Twitch streaming?

guess people are getting good performance from nfs rivals without random framerate drops with the new nvidia drivers, should've jumped on that origin deal.
Biggest surprise is Dolphin got even better.

sheaaaa

I've unlocked most of the Goat Simulator achievements a couple of days ago, but they don't show on my Playfire rewards page, even though I see them in my profile page. Anything I have to do to get them to show up?

def sim

yea i know just tempering expectations

in fact from posts on the other thread seems like it's shitty lighting indeed

I'm just stoked we didn't get a lazy port. I wasn't aware of the lighting change until it was brought up in this thread and I certainly wasn't expecting it in the PC version, despite wanting to believe in Grief.

JaseC

I have to tell you, my moral compass compels me, that the AC3 DLCs is very bad! If you'd want to play more AC3 stuff, you should just get Liberation and play Aveline's story which is kind of nice!

AssFlag is very good though!

Story aside, because it's truly ridiculous, I thought the King Washington mini-campaign was better than the main campaign. The Benedict Arnold missions are worthless, though: there's only four of them and they take less than 10 minutes each to complete, but they don't come with the Season Pass, anyway.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
First DS II PC footage today, can't wait! Those Playfire rewards and the 25% off coupon already made sure I could pre-order it, will probably do it immediatly after watching the Giantbomb Quicklook. Fun times. :)

A big thanks to Tellaerin for A Valley Without Wind. It's pretty entertaining so far, but quite overwhelming as well.
The whole randomized exploring seems well done. Music is a bit annoying, though.

In completely other news; I earned this yesterday and I have to say, i'm pretty proud about it.
jbnxEgzykEhJwq.png

Now for those Campaign medals...
No idea if i'll be able to master them, but i'll try. :)

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm just stoked we didn't get a lazy port. I wasn't aware of the lighting change until it was brought up in this thread and I certainly wasn't expecting it in the PC version, despite wanting to believe in Grief.
yea i kinda didn't allow myself to wish for it but i'd be lying if deep down i wasn't hoping for the miracle

but like reasonable me kept telling me publishers don't do these things, so i'm like disappointed but unsurprised at the same time

Story aside, because it's truly ridiculous, I thought the King Washington mini-campaign was better than the main campaign. The Benedict Arnold missions are worthless, though: there's only four of them and they take less than 10 minutes each to complete, but they don't come with the Season Pass, anyway.
dude don't tell me this after i convinced myself not to buy them

pls saoirse have some mercy

What does Playfire give me money for?

cheevos

derExperte

first 6 hrs are shit and is basically a tutorial but it gets really good after that.

My review

First 6 hrs - 4 out 10
Rest of the game - 8.5 out of 10

I would say grab it.

My review would state the exact opposite. Until youknowwhen it was interesting, then everything goes down the drain.

def sim

Less than 10 minutes each is probably too generous for the Benedict missions. I remember the set being ~15 minute total.

I bought the digital deluxe a year or so ago fully intending on playing the Washington stuff, but haven't gone around to giving it a looksie. I should get my money's worth and do a re-install sometime. :/

radMonkey

Playfire thinks I have but 94 games.

Steam thinks I have almost a thousand.

As the later comments confirmed you have a big profile. The first time we update your profile should take 5 or so minutes depending on load. Steam doesn't tell us how many games you have, we count them as we crawl through all you achievements. If you hit refresh you can actually watch the number increase. Checked your profile just now and it all looks good.

Ahhh.

Still amused that Playfire stopped paying attention to my console accounts last, like, August or something, and never to Steam. Not sure WHY.

We still track console activity (PS4 and Xbox One too) but you need our PC client to do it while we rebuild our server tracking. We did Steam first because it was a big audience on GMG.

I've unlocked most of the Goat Simulator achievements a couple of days ago, but they don't show on my Playfire rewards page, even though I see them in my profile page. Anything I have to do to get them to show up?

There was a few config errors, but they should be showing by now. If not, can you submit a support ticket and PM me the number?

You should probably enjoy your weekend. Rewards can wait.

I mistakenly created a playfire account with a different email than GMG and earned a bunch of rewards before noticing, and I assume this is why my credit does not sync. I wrote in to support awhile back and they said it wasn't fixable then but would be in the future. Any idea if it has?

Anyone else have this issue and get it resolved?

Still working on it. It's a huge undertaking, at least 2 more development sprints until it's done and we can test it (minimum).

Hopefully Humble Bundle provide steam keys for the beta soon.

Wonder if playfire will be offering rewards for this game (wink wink)

Yeah, fan of it myself and I'd already got the beta and I was playing it all last night. There's no achievements during the Early Access (not unusual) but there will be a reward still for playing it.

In completely other news; I earned this yesterday and I have to say, i'm pretty proud about it.
jbnxEgzykEhJwq.png

Now for those Campaign medals...
No idea if i'll be able to master them, but i'll try. :)
Congratulations!
The Campaign medals aren't too difficult except for a few maps(Top of the World Expert, uugghhh)

If you've gotten this far, you can do the campaign maps, the only tricky part about them is deciding which handicaps/buffs to use and when, once you figure that out you're golden(for the most part)

I really need to get back to trying to complete those challenges with Nightwing and Robin, they're the only ones I've got left to do and they're just taunting me with their lack of being completed.

wilflare

is Castlevania: LoS2 region-locked? trying to help my brother (real-life) get a copy but it seems like it's not available in Singapore.

He almost bought the R2 PS3 copy for $75 (Singapore Dollars) - what a rip-off price..

any suggestions on where I can get a copy of it on Steam?

neoanarch

from twitter
1m
@SteamDB

We recommend NOT using any Steam services until Valve issues a fix for a recently discovered vulnerability. We've contacted them about it

@SteamDB

This vulnerability is especially dangerous for Steam partners (unless you wants your things leaked).

sounds scary

derExperte

is Castlevania: LoS2 region-locked? trying to help my brother (real-life) get a copy but it seems like it's not available in Singapore.

He almost bought the R2 PS3 copy for $75 (Singapore Dollars) - what a rip-off price..

Someone correct me if wrong but it appears that there's only one C2 version on Steam for everyone, this one, which has the "AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting No" flag. So you're out of luck.

add: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Tomb Edition is 'free' but cannot be bought on Steam, what's that?

JaseC

The gifting/trading restriction is in force and retail keys are region-locked at the activation level for a bunch of Asian countries, same as Metal Gear Rising. If you want it now your best option is to use a Brazilian VPN to buy it from Nuuvem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom