• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the week Valve bugger off on holiday? There will be no-one there to fix this issue and all of our shit will be stolen. RIP Steam.

wilflare

The gifting/trading restriction is in force and retail keys are region-locked at the activation level for a bunch of countries, same as Metal Gear Rising. If you want it now your best option is to use a Brazilian VPN to buy it from Nuuvem.

hmm strange... I remember buying a copy of Metal Gear Rising though... (though its activation was restricted to Singapore/Malaysia, etc) I think?

hmm.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hmm strange... I remember buying a copy of Metal Gear Rising though... (though its activation was restricted to Singapore/Malaysia, etc) I think?

hmm.

The gifting/trading restriction only applies to copies sourced from South American and Eastern European users, and there's no Asia-specific sub for Rising.

Got $2.59 in Playfire rewards right now, built it back up from about $8 that I spent, at this rate I'll have Goat Simulator for free within the fort night.

wilflare

The gifting/trading restriction only applies to copies sourced from South American and Eastern European users, and there's no Asia-specific sub for Rising.

okay I just checked my history. It was purchased in December last year before the Asian region lock kicked in? (MGR is not offered on Asian stores it seems)
When I bought it, the game in my inventory said "activation restricted to Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia"

I do have a US payment method though (which gives me proper access to US Steam games and etc), can I purchase LoS2 and gift it to my brother still? or is the issue with the activation itself?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Got $2.59 in Playfire rewards right now, built it back up from about $8 that I spent, at this rate I'll have Goat Simulator for free within the fort night.

Get Goat Simulator now, you'll pretty much make your money back on it anyway if you complete the rewards before the time's up and you'll have a blast doing it.

Edit: Dang, looks like Fez is next up and I've 100%'d it :(

Deques

Get Goat Simulator now, you'll pretty much make your money back on it anyway if you complete the rewards before the time's up and you'll have a blast doing it.

Are the achievements easy to get?

impact

Banned
Morning my good people! Hoping for some nice Dark Souls II PC info and some non-spoiler gameplay would be nice too.
What would constitute as non-spoiler gameplay? It's a game where a lot of normal mob encounters are harder than most bosses so basically everything is a spoiler.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Are the achievements easy to get?

Edit: Thought you were talking about Fez, ha. Yeah they're all quite easy aside from the trophies (time consuming) and the flappy goat game (tricky), as derExperte says.

The trampoline one doesn't seem to trigger for me, which is weird.

JaseC

okay I just checked my history. It was purchased in December last year before the Asian region lock kicked in? (MGR is not offered on Asian stores it seems)
When I bought it, the game in my inventory said "activation restricted to Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia"

Ah, yeah, according to the sub history, PurchaseRestrictedCountries was added about a month later, and as you said it does seem that the gifting/trading restriction applies to a handful of Asian territories, too -- here's what the South Park store page says:

Notice: Purchases made in Singapore can only be added to your library if you are in Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia.

I stand corrected! This doesn't make much sense, though; it's not like games are cheaper on any of the aforementioned stores.

wilflare said:
I do have a US payment method though (which gives me proper access to US Steam games and etc), can I purchase LoS2 and gift it to my brother still? or is the issue with the activation itself?

If you can purchase from the US store then you can gift the game internationally just fine.

KarmaCow

So there is no way to get rewards for stuff you have already done? I'm still waiting for an actual reply for my request to get credit to the GMG account' if there is no way to retroactively fulfill challenges I will probably just give up completely now.

The_Monk

What would constitute as non-spoiler gameplay? It's a game where a lot of normal mob encounters are harder than most bosses so basically everything is a spoiler.

I would be fine with that, I just don't want to know much about some Bosses, watch any major cut scenes and things like that.

As for the enemies being more hard than most bosses I had no idea.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So there is no way to get rewards for stuff you have already done? I'm still waiting for an actual reply for my request to get credit to the GMG account' if there is no way to retroactively fulfill challenges I will probably just give up completely now.

My profile filled out with ~$10USD of achievements about 12 hours after I signed up for the Playfire Rewards thingy. Though it still hasn't shown up as credit on GMG yet. :|

wilflare

Ah, yeah, according to the sub history, PurchaseRestrictedCountries was added about a month later, and as you said it does seem that the gifting/trading restriction applies to a handful of Asian territories, too -- here's what the South Park store page says:

I stand corrected! This doesn't make much sense, though; it's not like games are cheaper on any of the aforementioned stores.

If you can purchase from the US store then you can gift the game internationally just fine.

yea... it does not make any sense at all... it's not that games are cheaper in Singapore, Malaysia, etc (we have the same US prices)... and the cities are cosmopolitan... so if they are thinking the themes will cause issues... T_T

If I buy from the US Store and gift it to my brother, does he still need to jump thru any hoops to get it activated? (like VPN and stuff?)

I'm thinking of going to the B/S/T threads and see if I can get it cheaper though :/

No kidding, I could get like $7 in rewards for all those achievements.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Welcome to the wonders of region locking. It's the same here in Shitty South America, games are locked and prices are high. $60 high.

JaseC

Welcome to the wonders of region locking. It's the same here in Shitty South America, games are locked and prices are high. $60 high.

Yeah, I know that the rest of South America is being caught in the crossfire due to, in part, Brazil's lower prices.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

They don't award credit retrospectively for achievements you've got before the reward period started. The only thing that might cause that is if you sign up for playfire during the period those rewards are valid, if you've already signed up and got the achievements long ago then they're not going to give you anything for them. The idea's to get you to buy new games and play them, really.

I think you need to bounce once per trampoline and not touch anything along the way (trees, that swimming pool diving board). Use ragdoll mode to get a lot of distance. This of course is if you're talking about triggering it in the game.

The Playfire reward for the achievement was bugged for a couple of days but it got added again to my profile properly today. So that's fixed if that's what you were referring to.

Deques

Most of them yes. Finding all the goat statues will be hard without a guide and 10 points in Flappy Goat depends on your Flappy Bird skills.

Edit: Thought you were talking about Fez, ha. Yeah they're all quite easy aside from the trophies (time consuming) and the flappy goat game (tricky), as derExperte says.

I did mean Fez :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom