• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Gonna get on steam webstore and delete any cc details it may hav saved >_>;
I'd wait with doing that till Valve patches Steam.
This kinda stuff's a bit scary. I'm having flashbacks from 2011's Playstation Network apocalypse.
I know it may sound a bit silly but i'm really nervous today and this, well, it doesn't help. Especially since I don't really get what it's about. :p

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I called my parents old fashioned for not wanting to buy anything from the internet, no matter how legit the site is, but I guess they're right after all. I already had one credit cancelled after the 2011 PSN fiasco and if the same happens with Steam, I swear I'm not going to trust another webstore with my card info.

Yet another reason to hire jshackles dear Valve

Arthea

I don't know, I might be just being my pessimistic self, but there is no way you guys believe that there are invulnerable stores, there is not enough effort or trying in some cases, but nothing is invulnerable what's on the net and can't be. Some are close to being safe, but that doesn't mean these can't be compromised, even banks can be and sometimes are, and that's way more hard thing to do.

It looks like there will be changes on how Valve will distribute games through India and other regions in the next 4-6 weeks:

gfcSQud.png

So I take it the new set of local currencies will be added soon?

Yep, good job, now they don't only know your Steam data, they also have access to your PayPal.
No idea if this is true.
CNN, "BREAKING NEWS: Steam has access to your bank accounts through pay-pal."
FOX, "Parents beware of Steam, your child has access to all of your money."

Knurek

It looks like there will be changes on how Valve will distribute games through India and other regions in the next 4-6 weeks:

Wonder if they will add Polish Złoty as well. Paypal conversion fees are kind of bonkers.

Zafir

Yep, good job, now they don't only know your Steam data, they also have access to your PayPal.
No idea if this is true.
It isn't true no because you don't add your paypal details. You sign in through PayPals secure portal. Valve only gets the payment and the infomation PayPal shares (email and address). Of course if PayPal suffers the same vulnerability then I'm screwed. :p

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I did mean Fez :)

Haha okay, I'll re-type what I put before! I managed to get them all in 6 hours of playtime, maybe less. I'd already 100%'d it on the 360 though so I had a head start, I knew what I was doing. It's a puzzle platformer, some achievements are easier to get than others, the trickier ones are the "get all the cubes" achievements and so on which will take a lot of collecting and puzzle solving, but I really enjoyed that aspect of the game and had a really good time figuring everything out, so it wasn't ever a hassle for me.

Thorgal

Regarding the issue with the the news .
Perhaps i am naive , but if Valve has any reason to believe that they are at risk because of this vulnerability wouldn't they have shut the sever down ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

gfcSQud.png

Possibly, but India wasn't on the list and none of the countries use the Indian rupee "unofficially":

Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, The Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, Mexico, Canada, Turkey, Ukraine and Norway.

Perhaps Valve has broadened the list a bit since Dev Days, though. The inclusion of Thailand, at least, explains why the gifting/trading restriction includes South-east Asia in addition to South America and Eastern Europe. Zest.co.th was once quite popular here in Australia.

Pachimari

When I look on my transaction history on Enhanced Steam, does it count my games as full-price or does it know if I bought games on sale?

Tizoc

I'd wait with doing that till Valve patches Steam.
This kinda stuff's a bit scary. I'm having flashbacks from 2011's Playstation Network apocalypse.
I know it may sound a bit silly but i'm really nervous today and this, well, it doesn't help. Especially since I don't really get what it's about. :p

Ow come on....
Well I could run Steam offline and still be able to play most of my games...
...but Playfire rewards...

gfcSQud.png

Oh man I don't know how I feel about this, if it results in mid east countries currencies being switched to Pounds or Euros >_>;

Pachimari

Aren't you new to the scene? It'll slow down when you have most of what you want...until July of course :p

Yeah, I'm new. I have only really used it for the past 2 months.

I'm planning to buy one big game today anyway, either South Park, Watch Dogs, DayZ, Star Citizen or Super Meat Boy+Don't Starve+Stalker.

Is Elder Scrolls: Online any good?
I'm currently playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn.

aku:jiki

I'm shocked at how much money I have spent on Steam in 2 months. That can't be right. =/
I can't imagine that Enhanced Steam knows if you bought something in a bundle and what the cost of each game in said bundle would be. Especially bundles with changing prices depending on the average would be near impossible to track like that. So you've probably spent a bit less than what it says, since I've seen you posting about a bundle or two.

In completely other news; I earned this yesterday and I have to say, i'm pretty proud about it.
jbnxEgzykEhJwq.png

Now for those Campaign medals...
No idea if i'll be able to master them, but i'll try. :)

Damn that's impressive.

I would be able to do it if i could manage Stage 4 of the Fun House Brawl, but i always get stuck between the big Russian guy and the heavily padded guys, i keep forgetting to hit the stun on them.

robin2

I wanted to gift a game to my sister.. which doesn't have a steam account.

My idea was to
1. create a steam account for her;
2. buy the game and gift it to the newly created account;
3. send hear a mail with a text about like this: "download this (steam client), log in with this ID and pass, and download game".

Can I simply create the account from my client, by logging off mine and creating it from there (considering she live elsewhere and so she'll use her own client from her own PC)?
And then once the account is created, can I safely gift the game already or she has to sort of validate/activate steam on her PC before?

Thanks.

Bluth54

I wanted to gift a game to my sister.. which doesn't have a steam account.

My idea was to
1. create a steam account for her;
2. buy the game and gift it to the newly created account;
3. send hear a mail with a text about like this: "download this (steam client), log in with this ID and pass, and download game".

Can I simply create the account from my client, by logging off mine and creating it from there (considering she live elsewhere and so she'll use her own client from her own PC)?
And then once the account is created, can I safely gift the game already or she has to sort of validate/activate steam on her PC before?

Thanks.

You can send a gift through steam to an email address, and she can then create a steam account and link the game to it on her end.

neoemonk

I've made two mistakes related to Dark Souls II.

The first one was to cave into the hype and buy the PS3 edition at launch.

The second one was to play it for about 15 hours and then fire up Dark Souls on my PC. Now DS II looks terrible in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom