• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

Incidentally, could somebody explain the thread title? I seem to have fallen out of touch with the Steam threads (again).

Maniac

Banned
One thing is saying something out of ignorance, this is in another level: https://twitter.com/andrearene/status/585891164001153025

"I want to respond to PC players freaking out on me but MAN there is no winning so why bother?"

Why is she surprised that there's no winning when you're saying dumb, silly things?

I guess she's as dumb as the things she's said. lol
Incidentally, could somebody explain the thread title? I seem to have fallen out of touch with the Steam threads (again).

Orange sounds like "aren't", and MRORANGE used to do the monthly thread. This time around it's morningbus, and he's a rebel and thus doesn't have "Steam" capitalised, and he doesn't have scanlines on the pic either and... Stuff.

His OT is purdy darn great except for the disturbing games though. ;3

Fuck animuu

Accoun

That seems 7 days late.

Anywho seeing as you can create your own radio station in GTA V and that I own the Vice City and San Andreas soundtracks I think I know what I'll be doing when the game unlocks.

You better get The Journey in there as well.

Salsa

RBI Baseball - April 30th - $19.99

ok this trailer is hilarious

IVfnbEn.png

vSC3OBj.png

YpqBHGa.png

kWFKLPB.png

z4ejg78.png

tmJe3Eg.png

it's a fucking $20 baseball game. relax.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Keeping the Revision 2015 love going:

The demo from which I took the screenshot above is ~10 times smaller in size than the screenshot itself.[/URL]

Lovely way to spend 5-10 minutes of your time. Works great on a measly 750TI (with some fps drops during scene changes).

The Demo Scene will never stop to fascinate me, awesome stuff! :)

Leftover keys from last week's giveaway. First come, first serve.

Gun Monkeys - 3LYA0-5KPAE-D4G20
Ping 1.5 (Desura) -- HS0X8-9JA8M-3JPC6-ZPGPX-5PCTE
Racer 8 -- https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=660f283a8c4f11e4b15ffda14e99c2fe
Zigfrak (Desura) -- GRPD-9VPZ-XBVU
RIP Trilogy -- QXPL9-XYX6V-87MVE
Into The War -- 8XEBZ-XR6G6-DYDYE
Porradaria Upgrade (Desura) -- Q2YQ9-QMMZJ-1KUC0-UQEN5-YH2M0
Gorky 17 -- AV0Y3-WF7GW-60H7Y
The Samaritan Paradox (Steam/Desura) #1 -- 580RQ-MYNZ3-YK4BH
The Samaritan Paradox (Steam/Desura) #2 -- M0PLZ-Y255L-6MP3W
Radical Roach Deluxe Edition -- DR8N8-FZFMJ-AB4LG
Into The War #2 -- 74G2X-P5GQQ-DNGXW
Otherland Beta (register at drago-entertainment.com/otherland/beta/register/) -- OE1KIXTFJUWMLOVV3S4L3NTS6
The Culling of the Cows -- 5DJTI-T5CLT-55LA0
Deadbreed Beta -- Z9VLV-HW5HE-L2FGC
Chaos Ride (Desura) -- HMGA9-BP2B8-BOJXS-NSEXU-7T1DA
Super Killer Hornet Resurrection -- Y4CT3-D5B03-AMTRX
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- 94EYV-4M50L-KGI3H
Dead Bits -- I9EZ4-3YTMJ-YY9G9
Commando Jack -- QTIFB-G3E4Z-HM7BV
Pixel Puzzles: UndeadZ #2 -- GET7M-I7XIE-YHH0W
Biglands (Desura) -- RY33J-GD7SG-CWJCP-DH0SN-1I7SU
Commando Jack #2 -- M0RDZ-CM4JE-2LZFG
Evolve Closed Beta -- 6LYCR-0GZ6K-68YMM

Purkake4

Banned
Leftover keys from last week's giveaway. First come, first serve.

Gun Monkeys - 3LYA0-5KPAE-D4G20
Ping 1.5 (Desura) -- HS0X8-9JA8M-3JPC6-ZPGPX-5PCTE
Racer 8 -- https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=660f283a8c4f11e4b15ffda14e99c2fe
Zigfrak (Desura) -- GRPD-9VPZ-XBVU
RIP Trilogy -- QXPL9-XYX6V-87MVE
Into The War -- 8XEBZ-XR6G6-DYDYE
Porradaria Upgrade (Desura) -- Q2YQ9-QMMZJ-1KUC0-UQEN5-YH2M0
Gorky 17 -- AV0Y3-WF7GW-60H7Y
The Samaritan Paradox (Steam/Desura) #1 -- 580RQ-MYNZ3-YK4BH
The Samaritan Paradox (Steam/Desura) #2 -- M0PLZ-Y255L-6MP3W
Radical Roach Deluxe Edition -- DR8N8-FZFMJ-AB4LG
Into The War #2 -- 74G2X-P5GQQ-DNGXW
Otherland Beta (register at drago-entertainment.com/otherland/beta/register/) -- OE1KIXTFJUWMLOVV3S4L3NTS6
The Culling of the Cows -- 5DJTI-T5CLT-55LA0
Deadbreed Beta -- Z9VLV-HW5HE-L2FGC
Chaos Ride (Desura) -- HMGA9-BP2B8-BOJXS-NSEXU-7T1DA
Super Killer Hornet Resurrection -- Y4CT3-D5B03-AMTRX
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- 94EYV-4M50L-KGI3H
Dead Bits -- I9EZ4-3YTMJ-YY9G9
Commando Jack -- QTIFB-G3E4Z-HM7BV
Pixel Puzzles: UndeadZ #2 -- GET7M-I7XIE-YHH0W
Biglands (Desura) -- RY33J-GD7SG-CWJCP-DH0SN-1I7SU
Commando Jack #2 -- M0RDZ-CM4JE-2LZFG
Evolve Closed Beta -- 6LYCR-0GZ6K-68YMM
Grabbed Racer 8, thanks!

redlacs

i dare you

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Make it indie! -- MB-2F655E03ECB516B3 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.

t1428528167z1.png

I think I'm taking a 1 week self-enforced break from GAF and Facebook, starting now... The FOMO is real. Wish my luck. See ya on the other side suckers.
If I don't succumb before that.

Backlogger

I bought a blu-ray drive for my PC for the sole purpose of ripping my blu-ray collection. I keep a physical copy but create my own digital copy for streaming via Plex. If I wasn't doing that I wouldn't have needed a blu-ray drive.

Aaron D.

Can someone explain this phenomena to me?

The last one was even queued for an update and when I clicked the Download Now button it just instantly popped down to the Completed list without downloading a single kb.

Shadownet

Banned
More like nobody has a blu-ray drive.

Is a Blu-Ray-ROM drive a standard thing on computers now? Putting things on DVD-ROM just seems more accessible to the market at large.

You can get a blu-ray drive for absolutely dirt cheap nowadays. Same thing with blu-ray players.

But as Turf said. Most people are moving away from physical now. So that would be the bigger reason why. When I built my PC, I went straight for a blu-ray drive. Cost me like $40.

KarmaCow

I though I would like The Talos Principle more but there is something about the nature of placing items in a 3D world that feels janky, even if it isn't. I mean the solutions so far aren't requiring such precision such that being a few centimetres off or a couple degrees the wrong way will screw you but I can't shake that feeling because I can futz around with such details. It's actually made me more interested into The Witness since from what I've heard, the actual inputs for the puzzles are all digital and defined on a screen while the depiction of the puzzle is abstracted out into the world.

Amzin

I was doing pretty well at actually beating games at a reasonable pace, but then Valkyria Chronicles... and Urf Mode... and moving... at least a few of the ones I'm dancing around now are shorter. I don't even own PoE or D:OS so I should be safe for a while :p

Sendou

You can get a blu-ray drive for absolutely dirt cheap nowadays. Same thing with blu-ray players.

No doubt but why? Movies and TV series I get from streaming services. Games I get from Steam. The whole concept behind having a disc drive in your PC is aggressively outdated.

Ruruja

No doubt but why? Movies and TV series I get from streaming services. Games I get from Steam. The whole concept behind having a disc drive in your PC is aggressively outdated.

Not everybody has or can get a good ISP.

I download at 4MB/s and whilst that's not lightning fast, it's pretty fast - I would still prefer to install a 30-40Gb game from a disc than download that.

Sendou

Not everybody has or can get a good ISP.

I download at 4MB/s and whilst that's not lightning fast, it's pretty fast - I would still prefer to install a 30-40Gb game from a disc than download that.

And I feel for those people. That said I think that's a speed that at least is personally good enough for me to see downloading being a more convenient option to buying a disc.

Why did you choose to play this after the HL2 update and EP1 and EP2 and not before?
It wasn't planned. Since it's my birthday I got nostalgic and decided to play something from my youth. With HL2 recently played, Black Mesa sprung to my mind.

Played about 4 hours today and the game has some cool visuals. Looks way better than Half-Life 2 Episode 2 even.

MUnited83

For you.
There's is yet to be a streaming Service that comes even remotely close to blu-ray quality tho

Sendou

There's is yet to be a streaming Service that comes even remotely close to blu-ray quality tho

I have to say I don't have the golden eye for the picture quality :p Of course if you're building a HTPC you might want to include a blu-ray drive. My original point was more that in general there's little reason to include a disc drive these days. Certainly less so than in the past when it was practically mandatory.

Shadownet

Banned

My internet speed while downloading (at least games) is 1.9mb/s which is slow compared to most people i know. And I recently got a free upgrade to my internet speed. before that it was 750 kb/s

So yeah, if possible, I usually prefer to install games via discs. I do agree though that dics is quickly becoming outdated. nowadays you can usually store your games on a USB stick or an external hard drive.

derExperte

I've spent more time updating my PS4 in the last couple weeks than I have on my PC in years, every single time I turn it on there's a 30+ minute update.

PS3 was the same thing.

PS3 is much worse. Trust me, I'm cleaning up my backlog and oh my god. Everything takes ages, its ridiculous how long that thing needs to install a game. Or open the store. Or display trophies. Or load a game. And people had the nerve to shit on PC gaming because it takes sooo much time to configure stuff. PS4 is at least bearable and more streamlined.

Okay, I'll bite. Who is she? She doesn't have a wikipedia article...okay let's see her site...so what, is she basically a female Geoff Keighley?

Keighley knows what he's talking about and mostly avoids talking about stuff he doesn't. Rene.... let's just say I tend to skip podcasts with her as a guest. And then delete my subscription because they invited her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom